Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] Nvidia GeForce GTX TITAN Owners' club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Nvidia GeForce GTX TITAN Owners' club - Page 23

post #221 of 28134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alatar View Post

Actually the backplate in those pics clearly has thermal pads for the memory chips on the backside of the PCB. So it should help a bit with memory temps.

how much?

yunojelly
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
2600K P8P67 EVO GTX Titan 560 Ti GE 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
16GB 1600/CL8 64GB C300 RAID0 128GB M4 256GB M4 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
NH-D14 Windows 8 Pro VP2770-LED 850AX 
Case
PCV1020B 
  hide details  
Reply
yunojelly
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
2600K P8P67 EVO GTX Titan 560 Ti GE 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
16GB 1600/CL8 64GB C300 RAID0 128GB M4 256GB M4 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
NH-D14 Windows 8 Pro VP2770-LED 850AX 
Case
PCV1020B 
  hide details  
Reply
post #222 of 28134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alatar View Post

Actually the backplate in those pics clearly has thermal pads for the memory chips on the backside of the PCB. So it should help a bit with memory temps.
Fair enough
post #223 of 28134
I've been doing some searching on finding an answer for the temperatures under load I could expect with running 2 Titans on a EVGA Z77 FTW motherboard...

The only way i can get x16/x16 PCI-e 3.0 bandwidth is to have the cards in slots 2 and 4. The problem is the cards will be almost touching and the top card will definitely be hotter then the bottom. Now just for an idea I will be running these in a corsair obsidian 800D case so not sure if my temperature worries are exaggerated considering the size of this case. Maybe the case size does not matter at all considering the cards will be so close to each other.

So seeing as how the temperatures are regulated to maintain a certain threshold I could be losing performance on the top card as it tries to maintain a lower temp by decreasing clock speed and voltage.

Will I have to raise the temperature limit to lets say 90c in order for the top card to have normal speeds without down clocking?
If so how would this affect the life of the GPU running at a higher temperature like 90c?

Also another concern I have is that if it reaches a temperature like this then I would have no room for overclocking the top card in the future. Of course I could always ramp the fan up to something like 85%+ but then the noise will be ridiculous so I want to avoid that. frown.gif

If I can just maintain normal speeds during game load on the top card with a decent temp and fan speed I will be happy. If i can not even do that then I will start considering not even getting a second card...

I can not afford liquid cooling so that is out of the question.

Anyone have experience with maximizing the performance while limiting heat of two cards with reference coolers in SLI that are almost touching?

Thanks in advance!
Morpheus
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i7 3770K EVGA Z77 FTW GTX TITAN GTX TITAN 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
ballistix seagate  corsair h80i windows 7  
PowerCase
corsair hx1000 corsair obsidian 800d 
  hide details  
Reply
Morpheus
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i7 3770K EVGA Z77 FTW GTX TITAN GTX TITAN 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
ballistix seagate  corsair h80i windows 7  
PowerCase
corsair hx1000 corsair obsidian 800d 
  hide details  
Reply
post #224 of 28134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alatar View Post

Actually the backplate in those pics clearly has thermal pads for the memory chips on the backside of the PCB. So it should help a bit with memory temps.

This.

And it looks much bettter then the naked card... biggrin.gif IMHO, a back-plate should be included with every Titan...

    
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
i7-5930k @ 4.9  i7-3930k @ 5.1 (2nd rig) Asus Rampage V (X99) + Asus Rampage IV (2nd rig) 2X Nvidia 1080 Ti SLI watercooled 
GraphicsRAMRAMHard Drive
2X Nvidia 980 Ti SLI watercooled (2nd rig)  4X8GB=32GB G.Skill DDR4-2700 4X4GB=16GB Ripjaws DDR3 2400 CL9 (2nd rig) 3X Samsung 840 Evo 1TB SSD 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 850 Pro 250GB 3XSeagate 3TB LG Blu-ray writer 2X Quad-120 MCR420 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
2X Triple-120 MCR320 + 1X Triple-120 Feser 2X Dual-120 XSPC RX240 32 Gentle Typhoon fans (mix of 3000 and 1850rpm) Reservoir 2X Koolance RP-452x2 with 4X MCP655 p... 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
2X EK Supreme HF CPU waterblock Windows 10 Pro x64 Acer XB270HU IPS G-Sync 2440p (main rig) 3X 30'... CoolerMaster Masterkeys Pro S MX blue switch, C... 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Antec HCP1200 + AX850 dual PSU main rig, AX120... Mountain Mods Extended Ascension + Pedestal 24 ... Logitech G502 x 2 PSB speakers 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
i7-5930k @ 4.9  i7-3930k @ 5.1 (2nd rig) Asus Rampage V (X99) + Asus Rampage IV (2nd rig) 2X Nvidia 1080 Ti SLI watercooled 
GraphicsRAMRAMHard Drive
2X Nvidia 980 Ti SLI watercooled (2nd rig)  4X8GB=32GB G.Skill DDR4-2700 4X4GB=16GB Ripjaws DDR3 2400 CL9 (2nd rig) 3X Samsung 840 Evo 1TB SSD 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 850 Pro 250GB 3XSeagate 3TB LG Blu-ray writer 2X Quad-120 MCR420 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
2X Triple-120 MCR320 + 1X Triple-120 Feser 2X Dual-120 XSPC RX240 32 Gentle Typhoon fans (mix of 3000 and 1850rpm) Reservoir 2X Koolance RP-452x2 with 4X MCP655 p... 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
2X EK Supreme HF CPU waterblock Windows 10 Pro x64 Acer XB270HU IPS G-Sync 2440p (main rig) 3X 30'... CoolerMaster Masterkeys Pro S MX blue switch, C... 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Antec HCP1200 + AX850 dual PSU main rig, AX120... Mountain Mods Extended Ascension + Pedestal 24 ... Logitech G502 x 2 PSB speakers 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #225 of 28134
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenixPD View Post

I've been doing some searching on finding an answer for the temperatures under load I could expect with running 2 Titans on a EVGA Z77 FTW motherboard...

The only way i can get x16/x16 PCI-e 3.0 bandwidth is to have the cards in slots 2 and 4. The problem is the cards will be almost touching and the top card will definitely be hotter then the bottom. Now just for an idea I will be running these in a corsair obsidian 800D case so not sure if my temperature worries are exaggerated considering the size of this case. Maybe the case size does not matter at all considering the cards will be so close to each other.

So seeing as how the temperatures are regulated to maintain a certain threshold I could be losing performance on the top card as it tries to maintain a lower temp by decreasing clock speed and voltage.

Will I have to raise the temperature limit to lets say 90c in order for the top card to have normal speeds without down clocking?
If so how would this affect the life of the GPU running at a higher temperature like 90c?

Also another concern I have is that if it reaches a temperature like this then I would have no room for overclocking the top card in the future. Of course I could always ramp the fan up to something like 85%+ but then the noise will be ridiculous so I want to avoid that. frown.gif

If I can just maintain normal speeds during game load on the top card with a decent temp and fan speed I will be happy. If i can not even do that then I will start considering not even getting a second card...

I can not afford liquid cooling so that is out of the question.

Anyone have experience with maximizing the performance while limiting heat of two cards with reference coolers in SLI that are almost touching?

Thanks in advance!

I had two 690's on EVGA Z77 FTW and the top card would hit 90c all the time. I watercooled both cards and that helps. Temps never go over 43c (folding 24hr). I would buy one Titan and Watercool your computer then get a second titan when you can.
Maximus V Extreme
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 3770K 4.8 Asus Maximus V Extreme EVGA GeForce Signature GTX 690 Quad SLI w/EVGA ... EVGA GeForce Signature GTX 690 Quad SLI w/EVGA ... 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
G.SKILL Trident X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin... Samsung 840 EVO 750GB Western Digital WD40EZRX 4TB Asus BluRay BW-12B1ST 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Dwood Switch 810 Pedstal 2x Alphacool UT60 480 ... 2x Alphacool 480 UT60 with 12x AP-45 Scythe Gen... 2x HEATKILLER® GPU-X³ GTX 690 "Hole Edition" Ni... XSPC Copper Raystorm, XSPC Bay Res 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Alphacool UT60 NexXxos 420, Alphacool D5 Variable 16x AP-45 Scythe Gentle Typhoon 2150 RPM /Tota... 3xNZXT 3 speed 140mm  Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit Media Center 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Overlord Tempest X270OC - Pixel Perfect Logitech G15 Corsair AX1200i NZXT Switch 810 Dwood Pedstal 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G7 EVGA Signature 690GTX 5.1 Logitech X530 
  hide details  
Reply
Maximus V Extreme
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 3770K 4.8 Asus Maximus V Extreme EVGA GeForce Signature GTX 690 Quad SLI w/EVGA ... EVGA GeForce Signature GTX 690 Quad SLI w/EVGA ... 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
G.SKILL Trident X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin... Samsung 840 EVO 750GB Western Digital WD40EZRX 4TB Asus BluRay BW-12B1ST 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Dwood Switch 810 Pedstal 2x Alphacool UT60 480 ... 2x Alphacool 480 UT60 with 12x AP-45 Scythe Gen... 2x HEATKILLER® GPU-X³ GTX 690 "Hole Edition" Ni... XSPC Copper Raystorm, XSPC Bay Res 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Alphacool UT60 NexXxos 420, Alphacool D5 Variable 16x AP-45 Scythe Gentle Typhoon 2150 RPM /Tota... 3xNZXT 3 speed 140mm  Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit Media Center 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Overlord Tempest X270OC - Pixel Perfect Logitech G15 Corsair AX1200i NZXT Switch 810 Dwood Pedstal 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G7 EVGA Signature 690GTX 5.1 Logitech X530 
  hide details  
Reply
post #226 of 28134
Quote:
Originally Posted by dph314 View Post

I would say 2C, yeah. What I'm wondering about also is the TIM they use. Would removing the shroud to replace the TIM be worth it? I saw someone mention in another thread it can be expected to make a difference of 6-8C. If this is true I may do it. Is that a realistic estimation?
No problem smile.gif

I know for a fact EVGA's CS is much more pleasant to deal with, but I'm not sure about the claims made about always receiving refurbished cards when doing a RMA. Does anyone know if Asus also has a transferable warranty? Like would the 2nd owner of a card have trouble with a RMA?
Well if you replace it with high quality TIM.(and apply it less crappy then underpaid Nvidia factory workers) biggrin.gif
Does anybody know what the base of the cooler is I hope it is copper since then non WC people can also apply liquid metal TIM's.
post #227 of 28134
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenixPD View Post

I've been doing some searching

If I can just maintain normal speeds during game load on the top card with a decent temp and fan speed I will be happy. If i can not even do that then I will start considering not even getting a second card...

I can not afford liquid cooling so that is out of the question.

Anyone have experience with maximizing the performance while limiting heat of two cards with reference coolers in SLI that are almost touching?

Thanks in advance!
Ramp up the fan speed since aftermarket coolers won't be better than this.

Of the other hand you can afford two 1K cards but you can't afford a cooling loop which costs like 400/500 dollar (less if you know where to look)
Also WC will be a gigantic aid when oc'ing those bad boys.

I think it is more that you don't want to WC them rolleyes.gif
post #228 of 28134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levesque View Post

There is some pictures floating around of a Titan EVGA backplate...Another pre-order? biggrin.gif

IMHO at 1000$, a backplate should be included with the card. It would cost them what, 5$ max?


Neverminding the cost..
It´s a 1000$ so it does not follow the regular rights... biggrin.gif

BTW subbed for this club just for the upcoming builds thumb.gif

Respect for all of you who can affort a titan redface.gif
DARK POWER
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 P5G41T-M LX NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570  Corsair  
RAMCoolingOSMonitor
Corsair  Skythe Mugen 2 Rev.B Black Edition Windows 7 Professional x64 LG W2363D 
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
HANS-G Logitech G110 be quiet DARK POWER PRO P9 850W Logitech G9 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Razer Kabuto Logitech Z-5500 Corsair Vengeance 1500 ASUS XONAR DGX 
  hide details  
Reply
DARK POWER
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 P5G41T-M LX NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570  Corsair  
RAMCoolingOSMonitor
Corsair  Skythe Mugen 2 Rev.B Black Edition Windows 7 Professional x64 LG W2363D 
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
HANS-G Logitech G110 be quiet DARK POWER PRO P9 850W Logitech G9 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Razer Kabuto Logitech Z-5500 Corsair Vengeance 1500 ASUS XONAR DGX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #229 of 28134
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJKAY View Post


Respect for all of you who can affort a titan redface.gif

....what about those of us that can't afford it but got one anyways? biggrin.gif (actually, 2 yessir.gif)
My Only Hobby
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k Rampage IV Extreme EVGA 980Ti SC 16GB Samsung 30nm 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 3TB 7200rpm H100 Windows 8.1 Acer XB240H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Cooler Master 1200w Silent Pro Gold Cooler Master HAF X Razer DeathAdder 
  hide details  
Reply
My Only Hobby
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k Rampage IV Extreme EVGA 980Ti SC 16GB Samsung 30nm 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 3TB 7200rpm H100 Windows 8.1 Acer XB240H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Cooler Master 1200w Silent Pro Gold Cooler Master HAF X Razer DeathAdder 
  hide details  
Reply
post #230 of 28134
Quote:
Originally Posted by dph314 View Post

....what about those of us that can't afford it but got one anyways? biggrin.gif (actually, 2 yessir.gif)
You bought it, then by definition it means that you can afford it. rolleyes.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] Nvidia GeForce GTX TITAN Owners' club