Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] Nvidia GeForce GTX TITAN Owners' club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Nvidia GeForce GTX TITAN Owners' club - Page 2244

post #22431 of 28136
Can someone please explain what LLC is? I use skynet mod at 1.21v on air. Is there any benefit for using LLC in this case?
post #22432 of 28136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke212 View Post

Can someone please explain what LLC is? I use skynet mod at 1.21v on air. Is there any benefit for using LLC in this case?

LLC is load line calibration, its to combat voltage drop under load, so set to 00 there would be no votlage drop under load, where default of 53% LLC would equate to roughly .02-04 volts drop depending on load type.
post #22433 of 28136
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpoverlord View Post

Going to change the bios of the titans today.

Few questions:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1363440/nvidia-geforce-gtx-titan-owners-club/19390_70#post_21280682

Do I run MSI first or do I change the bios of the cards first? Just confused on this part since I dont want to mess anything up

Change the bios first, otherwise I do not know if the AB hack would work, then again if it did you'd just throttle like mad hitting the TDP limit anyways. Flash, then apply the link you listed.

As others have said, be very careful since you are on air. Even on water VRM's can get very hot even with EK blocks, make sure you have adequate cooling in your case. Have fun and be safe thumb.gif
post #22434 of 28136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent-A01 View Post

LLC is load line calibration, its to combat voltage drop under load, so set to 00 there would be no votlage drop under load, where default of 53% LLC would equate to roughly .02-04 volts drop depending on load type.

why does Nvidia choose to use 50% regulation and not use a setting of 00 (maximum LLC, minimum vdrop), which would provide most consistent regulation? in other words what are the downsides to choosing 00 (maximum LLC)?
post #22435 of 28136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke212 View Post

why does Nvidia choose to use 50% regulation and not use a setting of 00 (maximum LLC, minimum vdrop), which would provide most consistent regulation? in other words what are the downsides to choosing 00 (maximum LLC)?

The down side on air is MORE HEAT, and shorter hardware lifespan. It exists as a protection measure. It's not going to blow up your GPU, but it can definitely shorten lifespan.
IT'S WHITE
(21 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4930k Rampage iv extreme Black Edition GTX Titan  GTX Titan 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
GTX Titan GskillZ Trident X Samsung EVO samsung 840 evo 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Asus External Blue Ray drive 4x 480x60mm Swiftech MCP35x2 Win 8.1.2 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
AOC AOC AOC EVGA G2 1300w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
STH10 RAT7 what is this?  Vali / Modi :(  
Other
Corsair HX850 
  hide details  
Reply
IT'S WHITE
(21 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4930k Rampage iv extreme Black Edition GTX Titan  GTX Titan 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
GTX Titan GskillZ Trident X Samsung EVO samsung 840 evo 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Asus External Blue Ray drive 4x 480x60mm Swiftech MCP35x2 Win 8.1.2 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
AOC AOC AOC EVGA G2 1300w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
STH10 RAT7 what is this?  Vali / Modi :(  
Other
Corsair HX850 
  hide details  
Reply
post #22436 of 28136
Finally got my second Titan back from RMA. This one has an ASIC of 83.1%, which is pretty good for GK110. My other one is 73.1%. Can't wait to get them back under water. And this time I will be placing thermal pads on the R33 chokes! thumb.gif
CUDA Workstation
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 5960X Asus X99-E WS GTX Titan Tri-SLI Crucial Ballistix Sport 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung XP941 Sandisk Ultra II 960GB Water Windows 8.1 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
Asus ROG Swift EVGA Supernova 1300 G2 NZXT Switch 810 Creative SB ZXR 
  hide details  
Reply
CUDA Workstation
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 5960X Asus X99-E WS GTX Titan Tri-SLI Crucial Ballistix Sport 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung XP941 Sandisk Ultra II 960GB Water Windows 8.1 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
Asus ROG Swift EVGA Supernova 1300 G2 NZXT Switch 810 Creative SB ZXR 
  hide details  
Reply
post #22437 of 28136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creator View Post

Finally got my second Titan back from RMA. This one has an ASIC of 83.1%, which is pretty good for GK110. My other one is 73.1%. Can't wait to get them back under water. And this time I will be placing thermal pads on the R33 chokes! thumb.gif

Nice lottery!
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.2 GHZ MSI X99S SLI Krait Edition EVGA GTX 1070 FTW 32 GB DDR4-2400 Crucial Ballistix Sport LT @ 16... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
256 GB Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256 GB Samsung 840 Pro 2.0 TB WD Caviar Black Samsung 123BL BD-ROM (External Mounted) 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
NZXT Kraken X61 MS Windows 10 Pro x64 Dell U2314HM Dell U2314HM 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 5 - MX Brown Corsair HX 850i 850W 80+ Platinum Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX - Black Mionix Naos QG 
Mouse PadAudio
Razer Goliathus Alpha Extended Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.2 GHZ MSI X99S SLI Krait Edition EVGA GTX 1070 FTW 32 GB DDR4-2400 Crucial Ballistix Sport LT @ 16... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
256 GB Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256 GB Samsung 840 Pro 2.0 TB WD Caviar Black Samsung 123BL BD-ROM (External Mounted) 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
NZXT Kraken X61 MS Windows 10 Pro x64 Dell U2314HM Dell U2314HM 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 5 - MX Brown Corsair HX 850i 850W 80+ Platinum Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX - Black Mionix Naos QG 
Mouse PadAudio
Razer Goliathus Alpha Extended Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR 
  hide details  
Reply
post #22438 of 28136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creator View Post

Finally got my second Titan back from RMA. This one has an ASIC of 83.1%, which is pretty good for GK110. My other one is 73.1%. Can't wait to get them back under water. And this time I will be placing thermal pads on the R33 chokes! thumb.gif

i am not sure you understand my question, or maybe I dont understand your point. increasing LLC to maximum(00) doesnt necessarily mean increased voltage because if you set LLC to maximum (00) and at the same time reduce the bios voltage you get the same resulting load voltage. So why does nvidia not do this? why do they prefer a higher bios voltage and lower LLC regulation?
post #22439 of 28136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke212 View Post

i am not sure you understand my question, or maybe I dont understand your point. increasing LLC to maximum(00) doesnt necessarily mean increased voltage because if you set LLC to maximum (00) and at the same time reduce the bios voltage you get the same resulting load voltage. So why does nvidia not do this? why do they prefer a higher bios voltage and lower LLC regulation?

LLC exists as a protection measure. LLC Cancels out what is called "Vdroop" on CPU's. As in, if you set the voltage to 1.212, then put it under load, it's going to droop down to ~1.18.. Nvidia runs LLC @ 53% to protect the cards from damage, and to prolong life span. They do this for the exact same reasons Intel & AMD do it, which once again, is to protect the card, reduce heat, & prolong lifespan.
IT'S WHITE
(21 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4930k Rampage iv extreme Black Edition GTX Titan  GTX Titan 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
GTX Titan GskillZ Trident X Samsung EVO samsung 840 evo 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Asus External Blue Ray drive 4x 480x60mm Swiftech MCP35x2 Win 8.1.2 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
AOC AOC AOC EVGA G2 1300w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
STH10 RAT7 what is this?  Vali / Modi :(  
Other
Corsair HX850 
  hide details  
Reply
IT'S WHITE
(21 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4930k Rampage iv extreme Black Edition GTX Titan  GTX Titan 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
GTX Titan GskillZ Trident X Samsung EVO samsung 840 evo 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Asus External Blue Ray drive 4x 480x60mm Swiftech MCP35x2 Win 8.1.2 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
AOC AOC AOC EVGA G2 1300w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
STH10 RAT7 what is this?  Vali / Modi :(  
Other
Corsair HX850 
  hide details  
Reply
post #22440 of 28136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogon View Post

Change the bios first, otherwise I do not know if the AB hack would work, then again if it did you'd just throttle like mad hitting the TDP limit anyways. Flash, then apply the link you listed.
As others have said, be very careful since you are on air. Even on water VRM's can get very hot even with EK blocks, make sure you have adequate cooling in your case. Have fun and be safe thumb.gif
Occam is being nice and walking me through it thumb.gif we unlocked the volts already, said not to implement LLC and now going to flash the bios
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creator View Post

Finally got my second Titan back from RMA. This one has an ASIC of 83.1%, which is pretty good for GK110. My other one is 73.1%. Can't wait to get them back under water. And this time I will be placing thermal pads on the R33 chokes! thumb.gif
Sorry for my dumb question but how can you tell what your ASIC is and I take a higher ASIC allows you to OC higher?
Quote:
Originally Posted by skupples View Post

LLC exists as a protection measure. LLC Cancels out what is called "Vdroop" on CPU's. As in, if you set the voltage to 1.212, then put it under load, it's going to droop down to ~1.18.. Nvidia runs LLC @ 53% to protect the cards from damage, and to prolong life span. They do this for the exact same reasons Intel & AMD do it, which once again, is to protect the card, reduce heat, & prolong lifespan.
Makes sense to me now did nto think of relating it to a chip, on Air I would assume we wouldn't need to account for LLC really.
X99 King Build
(18 items)
 
Da Rig2
(20 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 5930k Asus Rampage V Extreme EVGA 1080 Founders Edition Crucial Ballistix 32GB Sport (4x8GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
2 - Samsung Pro 850 2TB Raid 0 Seagate Barracuda 3TB 7200rpm 3 WD Red 4TB NAS(No array) Samsung Pro 850 1 TB 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
LITE-ON 12X Blu-ray  ThermalRight SB-IE Custom 10 fans Win 7 X64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 55" / 65" Microsoft Sculpt EVGA G2-1300 Lian Li Custom Modded PC_70 
MouseAudio
Razer Deathadder Chroma Creative X7 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Xeon X5660 Gigabyte X58a-ud5 rev2 (Custom Bios mod FF3 10/... EVGA Titan EVGA Titan 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
12GB 3 2GB dimm G Skill PC3 10700 7-8-7-22 (84... Seagate 2 x 1.5GB 3 WD Red 3TB  Samsung Pro 840 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LITE-ON 12X Blu-ray  10+fans and Ultra 120 Extreme cooler Win 7 x64 Dell 30" 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell 30" Dell 30" Microsoft 4000 ergonomic keyboard EVGA G2 1300 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Lian Li Custom modded  Razer Copperhead Razer eXact Mat Onboard and Logitech speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
X99 King Build
(18 items)
 
Da Rig2
(20 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 5930k Asus Rampage V Extreme EVGA 1080 Founders Edition Crucial Ballistix 32GB Sport (4x8GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
2 - Samsung Pro 850 2TB Raid 0 Seagate Barracuda 3TB 7200rpm 3 WD Red 4TB NAS(No array) Samsung Pro 850 1 TB 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
LITE-ON 12X Blu-ray  ThermalRight SB-IE Custom 10 fans Win 7 X64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 55" / 65" Microsoft Sculpt EVGA G2-1300 Lian Li Custom Modded PC_70 
MouseAudio
Razer Deathadder Chroma Creative X7 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Xeon X5660 Gigabyte X58a-ud5 rev2 (Custom Bios mod FF3 10/... EVGA Titan EVGA Titan 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
12GB 3 2GB dimm G Skill PC3 10700 7-8-7-22 (84... Seagate 2 x 1.5GB 3 WD Red 3TB  Samsung Pro 840 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LITE-ON 12X Blu-ray  10+fans and Ultra 120 Extreme cooler Win 7 x64 Dell 30" 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell 30" Dell 30" Microsoft 4000 ergonomic keyboard EVGA G2 1300 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Lian Li Custom modded  Razer Copperhead Razer eXact Mat Onboard and Logitech speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] Nvidia GeForce GTX TITAN Owners' club