Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] Nvidia GeForce GTX TITAN Owners' club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Nvidia GeForce GTX TITAN Owners' club - Page 2570

post #25691 of 25700

Chill guys, I was just exaggerating a bit.

     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 620M Intel 5 Series NVIDIA GeForce 330M 8GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMonitor
OCZ Agility 3 240GB OS X 10.8.3 27" Apple Cinema Display 15" Anti-Glare Matte HR Screen@1680x1050 
Mouse
Razer Orochi 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Core i5 4300U 1.9Ghz Turbo 2.5Ghz Intel HD 4400 4GB DDR3 1600Mhz Dual Channel 128GB SSD 
MonitorKeyboardMouse
10" 1080p IPS Type Cover 2 Cyan Razer Orochi Bluetooth 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 620M Intel 5 Series NVIDIA GeForce 330M 8GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMonitor
OCZ Agility 3 240GB OS X 10.8.3 27" Apple Cinema Display 15" Anti-Glare Matte HR Screen@1680x1050 
Mouse
Razer Orochi 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Core i5 4300U 1.9Ghz Turbo 2.5Ghz Intel HD 4400 4GB DDR3 1600Mhz Dual Channel 128GB SSD 
MonitorKeyboardMouse
10" 1080p IPS Type Cover 2 Cyan Razer Orochi Bluetooth 
  hide details  
Reply
post #25692 of 25700
Get that Titan above 1300, it is still relevant, I am waiting on the 980 Classy...smile.gif
8Ball
(16 items)
 
Lil' Boy
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5960X @4.5@1.300v Asus X99 Deluxe Asus GTX Titan @1202   Gskill Ripjaws 2400 cas 15 4x8 GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
WD Mushkin Chronos DX 120gb Mushkin Chronos DX 60GB Samsung 840 Pro 256GB 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung DVDWBD SH-B083L XSPC RayStorm w/Alphacool NexXxoS Monsta 420mm... Windows 8.1 Pro Sammy U28D590D Monitor 
PowerCaseAudioAudio
Seasonic SS-1250XM X-Series ATX PC Power Supply Corsair 900D Topping D2 Headphone amp AKG Q's 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790K@4.7GHz @1.258v Asus Z97 Deluxe EVGA 750ti SC Corsair Vengence 1600 LP 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 Pro Mushkin  XSPC Photon 170 Glass Reservoir / D5 Pump Combo  Windows 8.1 Pro 
MonitorPowerCase
Samsung U28D590D 4K EVGA G2 850W Corsair 540 
  hide details  
Reply
8Ball
(16 items)
 
Lil' Boy
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5960X @4.5@1.300v Asus X99 Deluxe Asus GTX Titan @1202   Gskill Ripjaws 2400 cas 15 4x8 GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
WD Mushkin Chronos DX 120gb Mushkin Chronos DX 60GB Samsung 840 Pro 256GB 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung DVDWBD SH-B083L XSPC RayStorm w/Alphacool NexXxoS Monsta 420mm... Windows 8.1 Pro Sammy U28D590D Monitor 
PowerCaseAudioAudio
Seasonic SS-1250XM X-Series ATX PC Power Supply Corsair 900D Topping D2 Headphone amp AKG Q's 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790K@4.7GHz @1.258v Asus Z97 Deluxe EVGA 750ti SC Corsair Vengence 1600 LP 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 Pro Mushkin  XSPC Photon 170 Glass Reservoir / D5 Pump Combo  Windows 8.1 Pro 
MonitorPowerCase
Samsung U28D590D 4K EVGA G2 850W Corsair 540 
  hide details  
Reply
post #25693 of 25700
Yeah, a voltage-unlocked 980 ought to be pretty interesting...
post #25694 of 25700
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderxjz82 View Post

I wouldn't really say that was murdered to be honest!

Well i know that my new 980's did murder my titans up to 35% faster in most of the benches with average around 25%

This cards run at 1500mhz all day long today not single crash compared to my 1125mhz titans.
I just had enough it was good 18 months run and its time to retire the titans and specially with the rumours of VR-Sli which i do need for my DK2 and above titans became obsolete.

Plus the long overdue upgrade itch:D
Edited by gamingarena - Today at 2:36 am
post #25695 of 25700
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamingarena View Post

Well i know that my new 980's did murder my titans up to 35% faster in most of the benches with average around 25%

This cards run at 1500mhz all day long today not single crash compared to my 1125mhz titans.
I just had enough it was good 18 months run and its time to retire the titans and specially with the rumours of VR-Sli which i do need for my DK2 and above titans became obsolete.

Plus the long overdue upgrade itch:D

Sure, get the Titans to 1250mhz and you will see that difference almost gone...


Cheers

Occamrazor
S.S.
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I5-3570K@5.0Ghz@1,4v ASUS MAXIMUS V GENE ASUS GTX Titan EK XXL+Backplate@1400mhz@1.40v ASUS GTX Titan EK XXL+Backplate@1400mhz@1.40v 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
8GB GSKILL RIPJAW X DDR3 1866MHZ (9-10-9-24) (2... OCZ Agility 3 120GB Western Digital 2TB  Homemade WC (everything on water) ;) 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
W8.1x64 ASUS VG278HE ASUS VG278HE ASUS VG278HE 
PowerCaseAudio
Silverstone Strider 1200W Corsair 500R THX 500W 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
S.S.
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I5-3570K@5.0Ghz@1,4v ASUS MAXIMUS V GENE ASUS GTX Titan EK XXL+Backplate@1400mhz@1.40v ASUS GTX Titan EK XXL+Backplate@1400mhz@1.40v 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
8GB GSKILL RIPJAW X DDR3 1866MHZ (9-10-9-24) (2... OCZ Agility 3 120GB Western Digital 2TB  Homemade WC (everything on water) ;) 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
W8.1x64 ASUS VG278HE ASUS VG278HE ASUS VG278HE 
PowerCaseAudio
Silverstone Strider 1200W Corsair 500R THX 500W 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #25696 of 25700
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccamRazor View Post

Sure, get the Titans to 1250mhz and you will see that difference almost gone...


Cheers

Occamrazor

I know i cant get them stable more then 1125 no water cooling just air its like saying get 980's to 1800 and will see

I know we all get emotionly atached to titans but it is what it is there time are passing fast and we have to accept it untill Titans 2 that is. thumb.gif

In my scenario who runs only stock cooling 980's just demolish my titans at there each max stable speeds and i found the buyer for good price another couple month and they will worth nothing basically i just swaped them for free.

Not to mention lower TDP and if rumors are true about VR-Sli only on maxwell Titans are obsolete for me period.
Edited by gamingarena - Today at 3:15 am
post #25697 of 25700
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamingarena View Post



I know i cant get them stable more then 1125 no water cooling just air its like saying get 980's to 1800 and will see

I know we all get emotionly atached to titans but it is what it is there time are passing fast and we have to accept it untill Titans 2 that is. thumb.gif

In my scenario who runs only stock cooling 980's just demolish my titans at there each max stable speeds and i found the buyer for good price another couple month and they will worth nothing basically i just swaped them for free.

Not to mention lower TDP and if rumors are true about VR-Sli only on maxwell Titans are obsolete for me period.

Good luck!


Cheers

Occamrazor
S.S.
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I5-3570K@5.0Ghz@1,4v ASUS MAXIMUS V GENE ASUS GTX Titan EK XXL+Backplate@1400mhz@1.40v ASUS GTX Titan EK XXL+Backplate@1400mhz@1.40v 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
8GB GSKILL RIPJAW X DDR3 1866MHZ (9-10-9-24) (2... OCZ Agility 3 120GB Western Digital 2TB  Homemade WC (everything on water) ;) 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
W8.1x64 ASUS VG278HE ASUS VG278HE ASUS VG278HE 
PowerCaseAudio
Silverstone Strider 1200W Corsair 500R THX 500W 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
S.S.
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I5-3570K@5.0Ghz@1,4v ASUS MAXIMUS V GENE ASUS GTX Titan EK XXL+Backplate@1400mhz@1.40v ASUS GTX Titan EK XXL+Backplate@1400mhz@1.40v 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
8GB GSKILL RIPJAW X DDR3 1866MHZ (9-10-9-24) (2... OCZ Agility 3 120GB Western Digital 2TB  Homemade WC (everything on water) ;) 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
W8.1x64 ASUS VG278HE ASUS VG278HE ASUS VG278HE 
PowerCaseAudio
Silverstone Strider 1200W Corsair 500R THX 500W 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #25698 of 25700
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamingarena View Post

Well i know that my new 980's did murder my titans up to 35% faster in most of the benches with average around 25%

This cards run at 1500mhz all day long today not single crash compared to my 1125mhz titans.
I just had enough it was good 18 months run and its time to retire the titans and specially with the rumours of VR-Sli which i do need for my DK2 and above titans became obsolete.

Plus the long overdue upgrade itch:D


Good for you, now go scratch that itch in the 980 thread, not here. tongue.gif
Ok. I am just kidding....lol
Look it ( and this goes for all the bandwagon jumpers.. tongue.gif), yes, 980 is good, but it is not a true replacement for the Titan. This is a mid range card of this generation, even according to Nvidia. 980 doesn't make Titan any less of a card, than it was a week ago, which was pretty good. You can keep playing the "look ma, I just got a new card, OMG" game...lol, or, replace the top end card of the last generation with a worthy upgrade of next generation. Of course, you can do what you want, and hope you enjoy the new card. But, personally, I would rather wait for something even more compelling to convince me to upgrade. If there is one thing that we have learned from the last gen cycle, it would be the virtues of patience disproportionately out-reward the novelty of an early adopter guinea pig (not directed at anyone..just an opinion)...lol
Edited by provost - Today at 3:31 am
Simplicity
(11 items)
 
Apotheosis
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770k Asus Z87 Pro TBD Corsair Vengeance (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 RAM 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro Dell U2713HM Alienware TactX gaming Seasonic 850W Gold  
CaseMouse
Cooler Master HAF XB Alienware TactX premium mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
Simplicity
(11 items)
 
Apotheosis
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770k Asus Z87 Pro TBD Corsair Vengeance (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 RAM 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro Dell U2713HM Alienware TactX gaming Seasonic 850W Gold  
CaseMouse
Cooler Master HAF XB Alienware TactX premium mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
post #25699 of 25700
Quote:
Originally Posted by provost View Post

Good for you, now go scratch that itch in the 980 thread, not here. tongue.gif
Ok. I am just kidding....lol
Look it ( and this goes for all the bandwagon jumpers.. tongue.gif), yes, 980 is good, but it is not a true replacement for the Titan. This is a mid range card of this generation, even according to Nvidia. 980 doesn't make Titan any less of a card, than it was a week ago, which was pretty good. You can keep playing the "look ma, I just got a new card, OMG" game...lol, or, replace the top end card of the last generation with a worthy upgrade of next generation. Of course, you can do what you want, and hope you enjoy the new card. But, personally, I would rather wait for something even more compelling to convince me to upgrade. If there is one thing that we have learned from the last gen cycle, it would be the virtues of patience disproportionately out-reward the novelty of an early adopter guinea pig (not directed at anyone..just an opinion)...lol

Well put! thumb.gif
S.S.
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I5-3570K@5.0Ghz@1,4v ASUS MAXIMUS V GENE ASUS GTX Titan EK XXL+Backplate@1400mhz@1.40v ASUS GTX Titan EK XXL+Backplate@1400mhz@1.40v 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
8GB GSKILL RIPJAW X DDR3 1866MHZ (9-10-9-24) (2... OCZ Agility 3 120GB Western Digital 2TB  Homemade WC (everything on water) ;) 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
W8.1x64 ASUS VG278HE ASUS VG278HE ASUS VG278HE 
PowerCaseAudio
Silverstone Strider 1200W Corsair 500R THX 500W 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
S.S.
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I5-3570K@5.0Ghz@1,4v ASUS MAXIMUS V GENE ASUS GTX Titan EK XXL+Backplate@1400mhz@1.40v ASUS GTX Titan EK XXL+Backplate@1400mhz@1.40v 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
8GB GSKILL RIPJAW X DDR3 1866MHZ (9-10-9-24) (2... OCZ Agility 3 120GB Western Digital 2TB  Homemade WC (everything on water) ;) 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
W8.1x64 ASUS VG278HE ASUS VG278HE ASUS VG278HE 
PowerCaseAudio
Silverstone Strider 1200W Corsair 500R THX 500W 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #25700 of 25700
I guess im a part of this club again.. bought a evga sc titan like a week ago smile.gif something about the vanilla titan I just can't shake off..

haha

biggrin.gif
MOTM
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz 1.23v L419B655 HERO 7 GTX 780 1200Mhz GTX 780 1200Mhz 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveMonitor
16GB XTREEM LV 2600Mhz C10 840 PRO 256GB Samsung 1TB F3 Asus ROG swift PG278Q 27'' 144Hz 
PowerCaseAudio
CORSAIR AX1200i Corsair 760T BLACK Asus Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
MOTM
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz 1.23v L419B655 HERO 7 GTX 780 1200Mhz GTX 780 1200Mhz 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveMonitor
16GB XTREEM LV 2600Mhz C10 840 PRO 256GB Samsung 1TB F3 Asus ROG swift PG278Q 27'' 144Hz 
PowerCaseAudio
CORSAIR AX1200i Corsair 760T BLACK Asus Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] Nvidia GeForce GTX TITAN Owners' club