Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] Nvidia GeForce GTX TITAN Owners' club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Nvidia GeForce GTX TITAN Owners' club - Page 2787

post #27861 of 28139
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKHunt View Post

Modded bios to modded bios I still saw a 30-50% gain going to TX. That said, unless running triple 1440 at high frames there's no real reason to upgrade.

Previously: @x Titan OG @ 1202
Currently: 2x Titan X @1550

I saw about the same increase, if not more. I'm comparing a single Titan vs a Titan X. The last Titan I kept wasn't all that good at overclocking, and especially so if I compared it to my Titan X that can do 1400-1531 Mhz rather easily. Can't say it was worth it though, but I'm a fool for video cards it seems.

I'm thinking of selling my original EVGA Titan in the coming days considering it doesn't fold all that well (GTX 960's outproduce it) and I don't have a use for it since I downsized my computer usage. Seems like they are still pricey on Ebay which is nice if I can get anywhere close to that amount.
post #27862 of 28139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogon View Post

I saw about the same increase, if not more. I'm comparing a single Titan vs a Titan X. The last Titan I kept wasn't all that good at overclocking, and especially so if I compared it to my Titan X that can do 1400-1531 Mhz rather easily. Can't say it was worth it though, but I'm a fool for video cards it seems.

I'm thinking of selling my original EVGA Titan in the coming days considering it doesn't fold all that well (GTX 960's outproduce it) and I don't have a use for it since I downsized my computer usage. Seems like they are still pricey on Ebay which is nice if I can get anywhere close to that amount.

Sorry that my 960 did that. Than again the 960 and the 980 in my folding rig I have are purely geared to folding non-stop. Yep, I'm the crazy bugger who don't even game with those cards.
Plus, that card runs on a Linux distro.

But yeah the OG Titans still go for a decent price considering the age. Still got my two OG Titans, not planning to replace them unless big Pascal shows its face and is worth the price. Still though, at BOINCing my Titans where kicking the 960 and 980's butts around. Things are beast at working two units at the same time, so main rig was spitting out four units at a time.
Edited by Ithanul - 9/23/15 at 1:44pm
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
5960X Gigabyte X99-UD3P GTX 1080Ti FTW3 (soon) GTX 1080 Ti SC (soon) 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
GSkill TridentZ 32GB 3200MHz Samsung 840 Pro 256GB Crucial m4 512GB Seagate Barracuda 3TB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK EVO Monsoon Premium Bay Res v.2/ Vero D5 pump insta... HWLab Black Ice 360/ 3x eLoops in Push/Pull Phobya 200/ Cooler Master Mega Flow Fan in Push 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Overlord 1440P Corsair K70 Vengeance Corsair AX1200W 
CaseMouse
Cooler Master Haf X Modded Logitech G500s 
CPUGraphicsGraphicsHard Drive
1900X (soon) GTX960 FTW @ 1552MHz / Stock volts GTX1070 SC Intel SSD 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
Corsair H60 Corsair H55/Kraken G10 on GTX960 Mint Mate 18 Corsair AX1200i 
Case
Fractal Define S 
CPUOSCase
Intel Core i3 Ubuntu 14.04LTS Toshiba Satellite Ultrabook 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
5960X Gigabyte X99-UD3P GTX 1080Ti FTW3 (soon) GTX 1080 Ti SC (soon) 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
GSkill TridentZ 32GB 3200MHz Samsung 840 Pro 256GB Crucial m4 512GB Seagate Barracuda 3TB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK EVO Monsoon Premium Bay Res v.2/ Vero D5 pump insta... HWLab Black Ice 360/ 3x eLoops in Push/Pull Phobya 200/ Cooler Master Mega Flow Fan in Push 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Overlord 1440P Corsair K70 Vengeance Corsair AX1200W 
CaseMouse
Cooler Master Haf X Modded Logitech G500s 
CPUGraphicsGraphicsHard Drive
1900X (soon) GTX960 FTW @ 1552MHz / Stock volts GTX1070 SC Intel SSD 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
Corsair H60 Corsair H55/Kraken G10 on GTX960 Mint Mate 18 Corsair AX1200i 
Case
Fractal Define S 
CPUOSCase
Intel Core i3 Ubuntu 14.04LTS Toshiba Satellite Ultrabook 
  hide details  
Reply
post #27863 of 28139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithanul View Post

Sorry that my 960 did that. Than again the 960 and the 980 in my folding rig I have are purely geared to folding non-stop. Yep, I'm the crazy bugger who don't even game with those cards.
Plus, that card runs on a Linux distro.

But yeah the OG Titans still go for a decent price considering the age. Still got my two OG Titans, not planning to replace them unless big Pascal shows its face and is worth the price. Still though, at BOINCing my Titans where kicking the 960 and 980's butts around. Things are beast at working two units at the same time, so main rig was spitting out four units at a time.

Just how architectures go which is nothing wrong. I witnessed the same thing from Fermi to Kepler with the increase in folding performance and seeing it again from Kepler to Maxwell. If I did some BOINC it seems like the Titan would be a monster at that, but I sadly only use f@h (and sparingly at that). If I could muster using Linux I'd be doing that on my main rig and get a nice performance boost from my Titan X. Maybe I just have to keep searching for the right guides, or actually learn how to use Ubuntu and enjoy the fruits of higher PPD.

I just figure that coin from the previous Titan could go to a pair of 960's, or even a single 980. Or the oddest consideration is another Titan X (even though I dislike SLI...).
post #27864 of 28139
On this post, how can one mount a CLC without modifying the card?

http://www.overclock.net/t/1363440/official-nvidia-geforce-gtx-titan-owners-club/27750#post_24034524




@cravinmild


Thanks in advance.
紅魔館
(12 items)
 
秋山 澪
(11 items)
 
For Sale: Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2400 / 1TB 2.5" HDD
$40 (USD) or best offer
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820K ASUS X99 Deluxe Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Crucial Ballistix Sport 4x4G DDR4-2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Black 4TB Samsung 850 EVO 1TB Dell CH30N BD-Read Noctua NH-D15 
CoolingOSPowerCase
Noctua NF-A14 PWM x6 Windows 10 Enterprise EVGA 750W G2 Phanteks Enthoo Luxe 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 7700K P870KM1 Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOS
Gskill 3000MHz 16GB F4-3000C16D-16GRS  Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Samsung 850 Pro 500GB Windows 10 Enterprise 
MonitorPowerCase
AUO B173QTN01.0 2560x1440p G-sync  Eurocom 780W Clevo P870KM1 
  hide details  
Reply
紅魔館
(12 items)
 
秋山 澪
(11 items)
 
For Sale: Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2400 / 1TB 2.5" HDD
$40 (USD) or best offer
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820K ASUS X99 Deluxe Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Crucial Ballistix Sport 4x4G DDR4-2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Black 4TB Samsung 850 EVO 1TB Dell CH30N BD-Read Noctua NH-D15 
CoolingOSPowerCase
Noctua NF-A14 PWM x6 Windows 10 Enterprise EVGA 750W G2 Phanteks Enthoo Luxe 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 7700K P870KM1 Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOS
Gskill 3000MHz 16GB F4-3000C16D-16GRS  Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Samsung 850 Pro 500GB Windows 10 Enterprise 
MonitorPowerCase
AUO B173QTN01.0 2560x1440p G-sync  Eurocom 780W Clevo P870KM1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #27865 of 28139
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK421 View Post

On this post, how can one mount a CLC without modifying the card?

http://www.overclock.net/t/1363440/official-nvidia-geforce-gtx-titan-owners-club/27750#post_24034524




@cravinmild


Thanks in advance.

Going to take a guess and say he took out the vapor chamber and the plastic window on the bottom of the card allowing the tubes to escape like that. Forget what you use for that. Hex driver or something else maybe.
post #27866 of 28139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogon View Post

Going to take a guess and say he took out the vapor chamber and the plastic window on the bottom of the card allowing the tubes to escape like that. Forget what you use for that. Hex driver or something else maybe.

I am aware that you can remove the clear plastic panel, but I don't think you can just stick the CLC to the card without shims or a modification that allows the CLC coldplate to touch the GPU die.
紅魔館
(12 items)
 
秋山 澪
(11 items)
 
For Sale: Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2400 / 1TB 2.5" HDD
$40 (USD) or best offer
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820K ASUS X99 Deluxe Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Crucial Ballistix Sport 4x4G DDR4-2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Black 4TB Samsung 850 EVO 1TB Dell CH30N BD-Read Noctua NH-D15 
CoolingOSPowerCase
Noctua NF-A14 PWM x6 Windows 10 Enterprise EVGA 750W G2 Phanteks Enthoo Luxe 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 7700K P870KM1 Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOS
Gskill 3000MHz 16GB F4-3000C16D-16GRS  Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Samsung 850 Pro 500GB Windows 10 Enterprise 
MonitorPowerCase
AUO B173QTN01.0 2560x1440p G-sync  Eurocom 780W Clevo P870KM1 
  hide details  
Reply
紅魔館
(12 items)
 
秋山 澪
(11 items)
 
For Sale: Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2400 / 1TB 2.5" HDD
$40 (USD) or best offer
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820K ASUS X99 Deluxe Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Crucial Ballistix Sport 4x4G DDR4-2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Black 4TB Samsung 850 EVO 1TB Dell CH30N BD-Read Noctua NH-D15 
CoolingOSPowerCase
Noctua NF-A14 PWM x6 Windows 10 Enterprise EVGA 750W G2 Phanteks Enthoo Luxe 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 7700K P870KM1 Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOS
Gskill 3000MHz 16GB F4-3000C16D-16GRS  Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Samsung 850 Pro 500GB Windows 10 Enterprise 
MonitorPowerCase
AUO B173QTN01.0 2560x1440p G-sync  Eurocom 780W Clevo P870KM1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #27867 of 28139
post #27868 of 28139
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK421 View Post

On this post, how can one mount a CLC without modifying the card?

http://www.overclock.net/t/1363440/official-nvidia-geforce-gtx-titan-owners-club/27750#post_24034524




@cravinmild


Thanks in advance.

Without modifying the card you have several options. The Corsair HG10, use a shim and almost any CLC, Evga has product as well. Evga and my own mod will look almost stock. Corsair will look like the top portion of the card was removed but as its upside down you dont really see that anyways.

There are several other products but the look of the card is altered greatly from stock. There are other methods but you will change parts forever, never to bring the card back to stock.


I have a complete log for this ....... somewhere, if your interested I can try to dig it up, its kind of several projects and dumb luck which allowed me to attach the H110.

PS. my temps were 22c this morning tongue.gif The last few weeks (winter coming) I have yet to break 34c biggrin.gif
post #27869 of 28139
Quote:
Originally Posted by cravinmild View Post

Without modifying the card you have several options. The Corsair HG10, use a shim and almost any CLC, Evga has product as well. Evga and my own mod will look almost stock. Corsair will look like the top portion of the card was removed but as its upside down you dont really see that anyways.

There are several other products but the look of the card is altered greatly from stock. There are other methods but you will change parts forever, never to bring the card back to stock.


I have a complete log for this ....... somewhere, if your interested I can try to dig it up, its kind of several projects and dumb luck which allowed me to attach the H110.

PS. my temps were 22c this morning tongue.gif The last few weeks (winter coming) I have yet to break 34c biggrin.gif

I was hoping that you managed the mod without a shim lol

There's a build log somewhere I remember that requires you to sand down the stock VRM/VRAM plate.
紅魔館
(12 items)
 
秋山 澪
(11 items)
 
For Sale: Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2400 / 1TB 2.5" HDD
$40 (USD) or best offer
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820K ASUS X99 Deluxe Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Crucial Ballistix Sport 4x4G DDR4-2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Black 4TB Samsung 850 EVO 1TB Dell CH30N BD-Read Noctua NH-D15 
CoolingOSPowerCase
Noctua NF-A14 PWM x6 Windows 10 Enterprise EVGA 750W G2 Phanteks Enthoo Luxe 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 7700K P870KM1 Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOS
Gskill 3000MHz 16GB F4-3000C16D-16GRS  Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Samsung 850 Pro 500GB Windows 10 Enterprise 
MonitorPowerCase
AUO B173QTN01.0 2560x1440p G-sync  Eurocom 780W Clevo P870KM1 
  hide details  
Reply
紅魔館
(12 items)
 
秋山 澪
(11 items)
 
For Sale: Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2400 / 1TB 2.5" HDD
$40 (USD) or best offer
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820K ASUS X99 Deluxe Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Crucial Ballistix Sport 4x4G DDR4-2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Black 4TB Samsung 850 EVO 1TB Dell CH30N BD-Read Noctua NH-D15 
CoolingOSPowerCase
Noctua NF-A14 PWM x6 Windows 10 Enterprise EVGA 750W G2 Phanteks Enthoo Luxe 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 7700K P870KM1 Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOS
Gskill 3000MHz 16GB F4-3000C16D-16GRS  Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Samsung 850 Pro 500GB Windows 10 Enterprise 
MonitorPowerCase
AUO B173QTN01.0 2560x1440p G-sync  Eurocom 780W Clevo P870KM1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #27870 of 28139
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
courtesy of OCN user stivan
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] Nvidia GeForce GTX TITAN Owners' club