Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Why is my 3DMark Physics Score So Low?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Why is my 3DMark Physics Score So Low?

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 
Here is my benchmark:

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/5933523

Here is someone with my same CPU and GPU:

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/5908199

Main difference seems to be that my physics score is completely horrible with my i5 750. Did I overclock it wrong or something?
post #2 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooler2442 View Post

Here is my benchmark:

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/5933523

Here is someone with my same CPU and GPU:

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/5908199

Main difference seems to be that my physics score is completely horrible with my i5 750. Did I overclock it wrong or something?

It could be either RAM oooooor their CPU score isn't reading quite right and they have their cpu at a much higher clock. mess around with your RAM and your memory speeds for your GPU and see what you get.

here's mine

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/4893609
post #3 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgaur View Post

It could be either RAM oooooor their CPU score isn't reading quite right and they have their cpu at a much higher clock. mess around with your RAM and your memory speeds for your GPU and see what you get.

here's mine

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/4893609

What do you recommend I try to do with my ram in bios?
post #4 of 9
Nevermind.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4690k MSI Z97 Gaming 5 GTX 1070 Gaming X HyperX Fury 16GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB + X25-M 80GB Noctua NH-D15 Windows 10 MG279Q 1440p 144hz 
KeyboardPowerMouseAudio
QuickFire TK Cooler Master V750 Logitech G402 HD 558 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4690k MSI Z97 Gaming 5 GTX 1070 Gaming X HyperX Fury 16GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB + X25-M 80GB Noctua NH-D15 Windows 10 MG279Q 1440p 144hz 
KeyboardPowerMouseAudio
QuickFire TK Cooler Master V750 Logitech G402 HD 558 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooler2442 View Post

What do you recommend I try to do with my ram in bios?

see if you can get them any higher or tighter and still maintain your GPU and CPU OC's without crashing.
post #6 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgaur View Post

see if you can get them any higher or tighter and still maintain your GPU and CPU OC's without crashing.

In the scores I linked my ram says 800mhz while the person with the higher physics score shows 667 mhz. So doesn't that mean his ram is clocked lower? Should I try clocking lower?

He also has an SSD and I don't but I don't think that matters for physics.
post #7 of 9
What do you have running in the backround? I shut down all other programs and then run benchmarks, that way my cpu will be full able for the benchmarks. Where did you get that other result from anyways? Hwbot?
post #8 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgaur View Post

What do you have running in the backround? I shut down all other programs and then run benchmarks, that way my cpu will be full able for the benchmarks. Where did you get that other result from anyways? Hwbot?

I believe when I ran this test I had nothing running in the background except CPU Z, GPU Z, HWMonitor32.

I pulled the other result off 3dMark's website under results and just typed in i5 750 and 7870 XT then clicked only approved drivers.
post #9 of 9
Hmmmmm that's very strange indeed actually. It might be that the cpu was,clocked much higher than it shows on the link to the other 3dmark. I've had it happen many many times. Run it a few more times and see what you get
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Why is my 3DMark Physics Score So Low?