Overclock.net › Forums › Mobile Computing Forum › Tablets › looking into a tablet................BUT WHICH ONE??
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

looking into a tablet................BUT WHICH ONE?? - Page 9

post #81 of 95
You're welcome since I suggested the Transformer
post #82 of 95
you´ve done well. how much did u pay again?!
i wanted to recommend you no matter what tablet you choose to take at least
one with tegra3 and quad core. the asus nexus 7 for 280$ is a very good offer.

Now u gotta root it, install a firewall and install a ntfs mounting proggie and you are all set biggrin.gif
or almost.. now the app abusing begins. i got over 2000 apps over the first 2 months playin with ma tablet ^^
post #83 of 95
Where are you from ? The Asus Nexus 7 is only $250 for 32 gb from google play. After tax and all I got mine from wal-mart for $265
post #84 of 95
I picked up the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 yesterday. If you get or have an android based tablet, which it sounds like you settled on the Asus, load XBMC on it. Takes about ten minutes and you do not need to root it to do it. Why XBMC? Because you can play movies from the internet over wi-fi fairly easy and for a kid you would have access to a slew of movies using Icefilms without needing to worry about a lot of storage, you just need wifi which most hospitals have. Here is the link to how to do it and seriously, it's super easy and so well worth it:

http://www.xbmchub.com/forums/xbmc-android-discussion/3941-%5Brelease%5D-first-end-user-friendly-version-xbmc-android.html

I believe the Asus is the non-neon processor (tegra) so use that one.
Gaming Rig
(19 items)
 
 
New Custom Case
(3 photos)
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
8350 Asus 990fx Sabertooth Diamond hd7970 Diamond HD7970 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Gskill Ripjaws OCZ Agility 3  2Tb Seagate Sata3 3Tb Western Digital Green Drive 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
LG Bluray Burner Swiftech HD Koolance MVR-100 Koolance CHC-125 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Swiftech MC35x2 with dual top Feser Triple 120 Radiator Corsair SP120 Quiet x 3 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 
PowerCase
Corsair AX750 CaseLabs M8 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Rig
(19 items)
 
 
New Custom Case
(3 photos)
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
8350 Asus 990fx Sabertooth Diamond hd7970 Diamond HD7970 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Gskill Ripjaws OCZ Agility 3  2Tb Seagate Sata3 3Tb Western Digital Green Drive 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
LG Bluray Burner Swiftech HD Koolance MVR-100 Koolance CHC-125 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Swiftech MC35x2 with dual top Feser Triple 120 Radiator Corsair SP120 Quiet x 3 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 
PowerCase
Corsair AX750 CaseLabs M8 
  hide details  
Reply
post #85 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by utnorris View Post

I picked up the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 yesterday. If you get or have an android based tablet, which it sounds like you settled on the Asus, load XBMC on it. Takes about ten minutes and you do not need to root it to do it. Why XBMC? Because you can play movies from the internet over wi-fi fairly easy and for a kid you would have access to a slew of movies using Icefilms without needing to worry about a lot of storage, you just need wifi which most hospitals have. Here is the link to how to do it and seriously, it's super easy and so well worth it:

http://www.xbmchub.com/forums/xbmc-android-discussion/3941-%5Brelease%5D-first-end-user-friendly-version-xbmc-android.html

I believe the Asus is the non-neon processor (tegra) so use that one.

Looks like a good find. I use Power DVD mobile which came with my Ultra version, but this is cheaper. Its free thumb.gif I still reformat my movies on my NAS for cloud streaming though. HD movies are too big and eats up to much bandwidth. They still look good on the Transformer too. I use DVDVideoSoft Free Studio for conversion. Lots of good stuff for a free program. Like any freeware, dont install the bloat that comes with it.
Edited by ericld - 3/5/13 at 5:21am
post #86 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by CravinR1 View Post

Where are you from ? The Asus Nexus 7 is only $250 for 32 gb from google play. After tax and all I got mine from wal-mart for $265

i´m from europe / ger.. the morons just set the price to 250€ ...from 250$.. this makes 326,52500 US$
but this was at the release i see ..... now its available for 220€ / so this makes still 287,34200 US$ biggrin.gif
post #87 of 95
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by smex View Post

you´ve done well. how much did u pay again?!
i wanted to recommend you no matter what tablet you choose to take at least
one with tegra3 and quad core. the asus nexus 7 for 280$ is a very good offer.

Now u gotta root it, install a firewall and install a ntfs mounting proggie and you are all set biggrin.gif
or almost.. now the app abusing begins. i got over 2000 apps over the first 2 months playin with ma tablet ^^


i paid about $650.00 for tf700t tablet and keyboard dock combined
The Cat Box
(14 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7-2820QM NVIDIA 555M 8gb Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600 500GB internal, 1TB external 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Dual Layer DVD Windows 7 17.3" 1080p Back-lit 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
90w power brick Dell XPS Logitech Anywhere Mouse MX SteelSeries 5L 
Audio
JBL built in 2.1 speakers, Bose 2.1 desktop audio 
  hide details  
Reply
The Cat Box
(14 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7-2820QM NVIDIA 555M 8gb Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600 500GB internal, 1TB external 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Dual Layer DVD Windows 7 17.3" 1080p Back-lit 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
90w power brick Dell XPS Logitech Anywhere Mouse MX SteelSeries 5L 
Audio
JBL built in 2.1 speakers, Bose 2.1 desktop audio 
  hide details  
Reply
post #88 of 95
For that price you could've gotten 2 Nexus 10s but the Prime is a nice choice
post #89 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by CravinR1 View Post

For that price you could've gotten 2 Nexus 10s but the Prime is a nice choice

That's the Infinity, not the Prime. The 16GB Nexus 10 costs $400 (before taxes and shipping). At $650 for tablet and dock, it's still $150 away from the cost of the Nexus 10. The TF700T tablet itself only costs $500. Plus, the Infinity has features the Nexus 10 doesn't (e.g. built-in microSD slot). Even if flash drives are supported via OTG, it's not a particularly elegant solution. Who would prefer having a piece of cable and flash drive hanging off their device vs a card that sits flush inside the tablet?
Garnet
(11 items)
 
Lucifiel
(13 items)
 
Metatron
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i5-3450S Intel DQ77KB Corsair 16GB DDR3 1600 SO-DIMM Samsung 830 256GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial m4 256 mSATA Samsung 840 500GB Intel BXHTS1155LP Windows 7 Ultimate x64 
KeyboardCaseMouse
Logitech K800 Lian Li PC-Q05B Logitech M570 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7-860 Gigabyte GA-H55N-USB3 EVGA GTX 460 1GB GDDR5 Kingston 2x4GB DDR3 1333 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
G.SKILL Phoenix Pro 120GB Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Silverstone ST45SF 450W Silverstone Sugo SG05B 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7-860 Biostar TH55B HD MSI GT 240 1GB GDDR5 Kingston 2x2GB DDR3 1333 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Intel X25-M 120GB Windows 7 Ultimate x86 Samsung 22" Antec EA-380D 
Case
Rosewill R101-P-BK 
  hide details  
Reply
Garnet
(11 items)
 
Lucifiel
(13 items)
 
Metatron
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i5-3450S Intel DQ77KB Corsair 16GB DDR3 1600 SO-DIMM Samsung 830 256GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial m4 256 mSATA Samsung 840 500GB Intel BXHTS1155LP Windows 7 Ultimate x64 
KeyboardCaseMouse
Logitech K800 Lian Li PC-Q05B Logitech M570 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7-860 Gigabyte GA-H55N-USB3 EVGA GTX 460 1GB GDDR5 Kingston 2x4GB DDR3 1333 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
G.SKILL Phoenix Pro 120GB Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Silverstone ST45SF 450W Silverstone Sugo SG05B 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7-860 Biostar TH55B HD MSI GT 240 1GB GDDR5 Kingston 2x2GB DDR3 1333 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Intel X25-M 120GB Windows 7 Ultimate x86 Samsung 22" Antec EA-380D 
Case
Rosewill R101-P-BK 
  hide details  
Reply
post #90 of 95
Either the Nexus 7 or Nexus 10.

Sent from my Nexus 4 via Tapatalk
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Tablets
Overclock.net › Forums › Mobile Computing Forum › Tablets › looking into a tablet................BUT WHICH ONE??