Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Logitech G400 or CM Storm Spawn
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Logitech G400 or CM Storm Spawn - Page 2

post #11 of 21
Thread Starter 
I was thinking of buying the ROCCAT Savu but its way above my price range. Even though I got $20 credit on amazon, its still expensive as hell.

I might keep the G400 and continue to finger tip grip the mouse. I hope this mouse will last until the warranty ends ( 3 yrs + 1 yr on my amex)
Edited by booo - 2/25/13 at 1:43pm
post #12 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by booo View Post

I was thinking of buying the ROCCAT Savu but its way above my price range. Even though I got $20 credit on amazon, its still expensive as hell.

I might keep the G400 and continue to finger tip grip the mouse. I hope this mouse will last until the warranty ends ( 3 yrs + 1 yr on my amex)

It's a Logitech, I'm sure it'll hold up. Even if the cord does fail Logitech is good about RMA's. I still have a working MX-500 (10 yrs old) and MX-518 (6 yrs old) both of which saw heavy use and abuse with no issues. Granted those have good cords but the main buttons and sensors work great. MW3 was bad enough to get me to beat the MX-518 senseless... (my last COD game ever)
post #13 of 21
Thread Starter 
This is a tough choice to decide, g400 or the roccat savu..
post #14 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by booo View Post

This is a tough choice to decide, g400 or the roccat savu..

Well, you already have the G400...


How much did you get the G400 for? The Savu is $60 on Amazon and you said you have a $20 credit so that would make the mouse $40 before taxes and shipping. Of course if you have to pay to ship the G400 back then that's another story.
post #15 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega215d View Post

Well, you already have the G400...


How much did you get the G400 for? The Savu is $60 on Amazon and you said you have a $20 credit so that would make the mouse $40 before taxes and shipping. Of course if you have to pay to ship the G400 back then that's another story.

I paid $20 for the G400, and I still have about $10 credit on amazon.

Not sure if I want to drive about 4 miles total round trip to return a G400 lol. I find it pretty easy to get a free return shipping on amazon by just saying your unit was defective. I bought a G9x and found that the weights the (4) 7g weights didn't weigh 28g.

I bought my G400 from bestbuy and got it price matched on amazon. It was a round $30.00 on amazon.
Edited by booo - 2/25/13 at 4:40pm
post #16 of 21
So whats wrong with the g400?
post #17 of 21
Thread Starter 
Nothing is wrong with it , I might be worried about the Logitech G-400 thin cable that people are having a problem with.

I still have until next month to decide whether I want it or not. I might get the Savu, but I don't know how reliable the mice is and if the build quality is better than the 400.
post #18 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by booo View Post

Nothing is wrong with it , I might be worried about the Logitech G-400 thin cable that people are having a problem with.

I still have until next month to decide whether I want it or not. I might get the Savu, but I don't know how reliable the mice is and if the build quality is better than the 400.

To be honest despite growing reports of cable breakage it should still be fine, if anything Logitech is great at handling RMAs (for the most part). The G400 is known to track well on almost anything.

Only get the Savu if you find the mouse fits you better, need the on-board memory for saving settings, need the lighting features, and some other things that are considered subjective.
post #19 of 21
I have both Spawn and G400. I use mostly G400, it's overall a better mouse for me.
post #20 of 21
Thread Starter 
What about a mouse for RTS gaming?

I like side buttons but I find that its hard to use the forward/backward side buttons on the g400 because I finger tip grip.. any other recommendations

What mouse allows me to finger tip or possibly claw, and comfortably allows me to use the side buttons ?
Edited by booo - 2/26/13 at 9:30pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Logitech G400 or CM Storm Spawn