Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › PCI-e 3.0 card and 3.0 mobo running 2.0?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

PCI-e 3.0 card and 3.0 mobo running 2.0? - Page 3

post #21 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrWhopper View Post

i linked something and asked if anyone knew if it was legitimate, noone ansewerd, however i edited the registry and its showing card running at 3.0 now on my SB smile.gif

ty for posting im going to run some benchmarks, not sure why or how but its running at 3.0, so either im missing something here or this is a "huge glitch"

I think that might just be aesthetic as SB just does not have a controller capable of communicating with it at those speeds. You can test it though, but I'm almost fully certain that it will have no performance difference.

In addition, you can try tools like GPU-Z and GPU Caps to see the link speed in a more hardware level way.
post #22 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omicron View Post

I think that might just be aesthetic as SB just does not have a controller capable of communicating with it at those speeds. You can test it though, but I'm almost fully certain that it will have no performance difference.

In addition, you can try tools like GPU-Z and GPU Caps to see the link speed in a more hardware level way.

thanks, i guess id be just fooling myself

i still find it weird editing some registry values makes everything read pci 3.0 instead of 2.0 :S
post #23 of 28
Thread Starter 
well i cant get it to show PCI-e 2.0 now even after undoing what i did :-D :S
post #24 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrWhopper View Post

well i cant get it to show PCI-e 2.0 now even after undoing what i did :-D :S

After modifying it again, I'd just restart. Other than that, I'm not 100% sure what exactly you did.
post #25 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omicron View Post

After modifying it again, I'd just restart. Other than that, I'm not 100% sure what exactly you did.
i removed the strings, tried to load the original reg i saved before editing, tried to system restore, none are making it show 2.0 smile.gif

nothing a simple reformat shouldnt fix? ^^
post #26 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrWhopper View Post

i removed the strings, tried to load the original reg i saved before editing, tried to system restore, none are making it show 2.0 smile.gif

nothing a simple reformat shouldnt fix? ^^

Well, if nothing has exploded, you might as well just leave it like that until the next round of reformats. Up to you though.

Of course, you could always leave it like that for "uniqueness" value. Or, to confuse people with GPU-Z screenshots for laughs...
post #27 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omicron View Post

Well, if nothing has exploded, you might as well just leave it like that until the next round of reformats. Up to you though.

Of course, you could always leave it like that for "uniqueness" value. Or, to confuse people with GPU-Z screenshots for laughs...

what sucks is after doing this

i now have a coil whine.

once again i am defeated by the random posts on the internet frown.gif had a perfect silent card, now i have a rattlesnake in my pc. if only i could jay and silent bob all the people
post #28 of 28
Thread Starter 
okay apparently after reformat, gpu-z and iturbo still show it recognized as 3.0 capable but gpu says its running at 1.1?

how can i get my card running at PCI-e 2.0 ?

false alarm smile.gif power saving mode i guess
Edited by JrWhopper - 2/26/13 at 9:52am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › PCI-e 3.0 card and 3.0 mobo running 2.0?