New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best program  

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 
what is the best torrent i can use to download legal software that i have serials to and no cd's and such?

utorrent is FILLED with spyware and tries to sneak trojans on install (bunndleoffermanager) lucky i had comodo installed and i terminated the .dll except i still installed utorrent thinking i was safe, when researching i completely checked registry and removed the files

please recommend me something! blogs and reviews dont care if you get hijacked and lose your bank information unfortunately
post #2 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrWhopper View Post

what is the best torrent i can use to download legal software that i have serials to and no cd's and such?

utorrent is FILLED with spyware and tries to sneak trojans on install (bunndleoffermanager) lucky i had comodo installed and i terminated the .dll except i still installed utorrent thinking i was safe, when researching i completely checked registry and removed the files

please recommend me something! blogs and reviews dont care if you get hijacked and lose your bank information unfortunately

 

That's not uTorrent, that's you downloading the wrong stuff with it. Also a lot of pirated software is blocked by antivirus whether it's actually a virus or not.

 

Legitimate software, on the other hand, can often be downloaded from their respective websites, or sometimes customer service may provide you a copy once you provide your legitimate key.

Basically get the software through them, not third party as you don't seem to be too sure if you're inadvertently downloading pirated software or viruses.

If your uTorrent client came bundled with viruses as you say, I don't know where you downloaded it from. Or if those were false alarms.


Edited by Powermonkey500 - 2/26/13 at 11:32am
post #3 of 11
Thread Starter 
http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=35729

if you actually use the new utorrent and you dont have a firewall monitoring your computer, your antivirus might not save you, id stress for you to google bunndleoffermanager and remove all entries from your regedit as well as utorrent asap
post #4 of 11

Either way, why don't you just contact the respective software vendors? 

post #5 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powermonkey500 View Post

Either way, why don't you just contact the respective software vendors? 

well, to put it in simple terms, do you realize how much time each company will make me wait in customer service before i ever get to what i need? x 10 ?

or i could just download the programs while actually continuing productivity with my day?


No offense but, stating the obvious only rules out the common sense logic of why someone isnt doing something...

Example: i have a microsoft serial, my disc is broken, do you know how long it will take for me to call microsoft? microsoft wont let me "download" their software, things like this defeat the point of me making this post tongue.gif
post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrWhopper View Post


well, to put it in simple terms, do you realize how much time each company will make me wait in customer service before i ever get to what i need? x 10 ?

or i could just download the programs while actually continuing productivity with my day?


No offense but, stating the obvious only rules out the common sense logic of why someone isnt doing something...

Example: i have a microsoft serial, my disc is broken, do you know how long it will take for me to call microsoft? microsoft wont let me "download" their software, things like this defeat the point of me making this post tongue.gif

 

Which version of Windows?

post #7 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powermonkey500 View Post

Which version of Windows?

WINDOWS XP PRO, WINDOWS VISTA HOME, WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE

along with many more programs, no offense im not trying to be rude, i just need some suggestions on a program i can use without gaining a free spyware, trojan, virus, or getting hijacked while doing so.

im not going to download anything people tell me off the bat just hoping for some suggestions so i can research it

i cant trust blogs or reviews, they dont care if your security gets compromized
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrWhopper View Post

well, to put it in simple terms, do you realize how much time each company will make me wait in customer service before i ever get to what i need? x 10 ?

or i could just download the programs while actually continuing productivity with my day?


No offense but, stating the obvious only rules out the common sense logic of why someone isnt doing something...

Example: i have a microsoft serial, my disc is broken, do you know how long it will take for me to call microsoft? microsoft wont let me "download" their software, things like this defeat the point of me making this post tongue.gif

Which by doing this you understand that is illegal, and also asking for help with this on here isn't allowed. And he is right, it's not the torrent client that is infected from utorrent themselves. It's the stuff being downloaded, or you already had the viruses and they detected a P2P software to infect.

If you want to get the software you need to contact the manufactures directly, regardless of the 15 or 20 minutes of your day you need to spend on the phone talking to them.
Blue Giant
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3820 Asus P9X79 MSI GTX 570 in SLI RipjawsX 16GB DDR3 1600 8-8-8-24 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2TB WD Black Blu-Ray Reader Custom Water Cooling Windows 7 Professional 
PowerCaseAudio
KINGWIN Mach 1 1000w AZZA Solano 1000 Xonar DG 
  hide details  
Blue Giant
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3820 Asus P9X79 MSI GTX 570 in SLI RipjawsX 16GB DDR3 1600 8-8-8-24 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2TB WD Black Blu-Ray Reader Custom Water Cooling Windows 7 Professional 
PowerCaseAudio
KINGWIN Mach 1 1000w AZZA Solano 1000 Xonar DG 
  hide details  
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrWhopper View Post


WINDOWS XP PRO, WINDOWS VISTA HOME, WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE

along with many more programs, no offense im not trying to be rude, i just need some suggestions on a program i can use without gaining a free spyware, trojan, virus, or getting hijacked while doing so.

im not going to download anything people tell me off the bat just hoping for some suggestions so i can research it

i cant trust blogs or reviews, they dont care if your security gets compromized

 

As for an alternative torrent client, I'd suggest trying Deluge. http://deluge-torrent.org/

And as for a (legal) source, I don't believe you will find one single reliable source, it would likely require searching around a bit. I'd still stick with the "talk to the software vendors" standpoint. That's the proper way of doing it, whether it takes too long for your liking or not.

post #10 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by metroidfreak View Post

Which by doing this you understand that is illegal, and also asking for help with this on here isn't allowed. And he is right, it's not the torrent client that is infected from utorrent themselves. It's the stuff being downloaded, or you already had the viruses and they detected a P2P software to infect.

If you want to get the software you need to contact the manufactures directly, regardless of the 15 or 20 minutes of your day you need to spend on the phone talking to them.

really? because i just reformatted

And the direct download off utorrent.com installs bunndlexxxx.dll onto your computer

you are wrong and do the research.

i havent downloaded anything IN the torrent, the program itself comes with spyware and a trojan waiting for you, its simple click the piriform link or google the bunndle . dll name, also i dont expect you to know these things, i just expect you to when be presented with facts keep your opinion to yourself and do the proper thing and educate yourself.


downloading a program i own the license to is not illegal, get your facts straight, because my cd broke im going to spend $400 for a new cd when i already own the serial?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Other Software
This thread is locked