Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Using HDMI to connect 27" Viewsonic Monitor to Radeon 7770, everything is blurry!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Using HDMI to connect 27" Viewsonic Monitor to Radeon 7770, everything is blurry!

post #1 of 6
Thread Starter 
So I was really excited updating from a 4670 to this 7770 so I could finally use HDMI. Yet..everything is blurry. Text isn't sharp, images aren't sharp, desktop icons..nada.

I didn't use the OEM driver cd it came with, I installed CCC right away.

I can't seem to do anything to fix this..

Using XFX Radeon 7770 & Viewsonic VX2753MH-LED monitor.
post #2 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNightshade View Post

So I was really excited updating from a 4670 to this 7770 so I could finally use HDMI. Yet..everything is blurry. Text isn't sharp, images aren't sharp, desktop icons..nada.

I didn't use the OEM driver cd it came with, I installed CCC right away.

I can't seem to do anything to fix this..

Using XFX Radeon 7770 & Viewsonic VX2753MH-LED monitor.

Is it more blurry than before? Or the same and you expected a difference. Cause sharpness and such would really require higher resolution. What res are you running at? And let me know if its the same and you expected clearer, or got more blurry than with 4670. Cause that sounds odd...
M06
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX6300 Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5 XFX 7950 - 3GB G.Skill Sniper 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 2133 CL9 @ 1733... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
WD Blue 500GB WD Black 1.5TB Crucial M4 128GB (OS) LG ODD 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Deepcool Lucifer v2 Win7 Ultimate 64 bit Acer X223w (1050) LG 22EN33 (1080) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Sharkoon Tactix OCZ ModXstream Pro 700w Modular Corsair 300R CM Storm Xornet 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Steelseries Qck+ DOTA2 Edition Edifier e1100+  Sennheiser HD215 Plantronics Gamecom 307 
  hide details  
Reply
M06
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX6300 Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5 XFX 7950 - 3GB G.Skill Sniper 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 2133 CL9 @ 1733... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
WD Blue 500GB WD Black 1.5TB Crucial M4 128GB (OS) LG ODD 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Deepcool Lucifer v2 Win7 Ultimate 64 bit Acer X223w (1050) LG 22EN33 (1080) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Sharkoon Tactix OCZ ModXstream Pro 700w Modular Corsair 300R CM Storm Xornet 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Steelseries Qck+ DOTA2 Edition Edifier e1100+  Sennheiser HD215 Plantronics Gamecom 307 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 6
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuell View Post

Is it more blurry than before? Or the same and you expected a difference. Cause sharpness and such would really require higher resolution. What res are you running at? And let me know if its the same and you expected clearer, or got more blurry than with 4670. Cause that sounds odd...

No it wasn't blurry before..lol. I was running vga it was crisp and quite sharp, I made the switch over to HDMI but my resolution is 1920x1080, the monitors native res and I can't set it higher.

For the most part I know what I'm doing, I'm running a DF-85 with somewhat older parts because I prefer my Phenom II x6 to the new FX series.

Seasonic 750x Gold, Pi Ram (6-6-8 timing), etc..I've just never run into this problem.
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNightshade View Post

No it wasn't blurry before..lol. I was running vga it was crisp and quite sharp, I made the switch over to HDMI but my resolution is 1920x1080, the monitors native res and I can't set it higher.

For the most part I know what I'm doing, I'm running a DF-85 with somewhat older parts because I prefer my Phenom II x6 to the new FX series.

Seasonic 750x Gold, Pi Ram (6-6-8 timing), etc..I've just never run into this problem.

You were running VGA and it was crisp and sharp?

And now you're on HDMI, and it's blurry?

Try taking macro pictures over both HDMI and VGA. Because if anything, the reverse ought to be true - blurrier on VGA and sharper on HDMI.
post #5 of 6
Make sure to turn of all scalers, overscan, etc.
post #6 of 6
Thread Starter 
I can't take any pics right now since I'm out atm, but its like its on the wrong resolution kind of blurry. But I can't go higher than 1920 x 1080.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Using HDMI to connect 27" Viewsonic Monitor to Radeon 7770, everything is blurry!