Overclock.net › Forums › Specialty Builds › Small Form Factor Systems › NCASE M1 prototype, a Mini-ITX Case
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NCASE M1 prototype, a Mini-ITX Case - Page 77

post #761 of 1608
I am currently planning my next (partially new) rig which should be "transportable". Now, I´ve limited my selection to either the Prodigy M or the NCase and I´ve two questions left for those of you, who´ve had the NCase a little longer:
1) Do any of you transport the ncase on a regular basis? (Several times a month or something like that.) If so, what´s your opinion on the mobility factor of the case? Can you really just put it under your arm and wander off or is it indeed a bit to bulky for that (and/or missing the handles for that)?
2) I´ve never built an ITX or mATX rig before. As a matter of fact, the NCase is probably half the size of the smallest case I´ve owned so far. So yeah...I´m a n00b to small form factors builds and was wondering how far do you guys have to dial back your CPU/GPU overclocks compared to full sized systems (withou big-ass custom loops that is) regarding the temperatures? Or in other words, would you say this case is prone to higher temperatures?
Air 540 Rig
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4770k Asus Z87 Sabertooth EVGA GTX 980 Ti Superclocked Corsair Dominator Platinum 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Pro SSD Samsung 840 Evo Western Digital Red Western Digital Red 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Corsair SP120 Corsair AF140 white LED Corsair AF120 LED Corsair H105 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Corsair SP120 LED NZXT Kraken G10 Windows 7 (64bit) LG 34UM95-P 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Vengeance K70 Corsair RM1000 Corsair Carbide Air 540 Logitech MX518 
Mouse PadAudio
Belkin Soundblaster Z 
  hide details  
Reply
Air 540 Rig
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4770k Asus Z87 Sabertooth EVGA GTX 980 Ti Superclocked Corsair Dominator Platinum 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Pro SSD Samsung 840 Evo Western Digital Red Western Digital Red 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Corsair SP120 Corsair AF140 white LED Corsair AF120 LED Corsair H105 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Corsair SP120 LED NZXT Kraken G10 Windows 7 (64bit) LG 34UM95-P 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Vengeance K70 Corsair RM1000 Corsair Carbide Air 540 Logitech MX518 
Mouse PadAudio
Belkin Soundblaster Z 
  hide details  
Reply
post #762 of 1608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Someone09 View Post

I am currently planning my next (partially new) rig which should be "transportable". Now, I´ve limited my selection to either the Prodigy M or the NCase and I´ve two questions left for those of you, who´ve had the NCase a little longer:
1) Do any of you transport the ncase on a regular basis? (Several times a month or something like that.) If so, what´s your opinion on the mobility factor of the case? Can you really just put it under your arm and wander off or is it indeed a bit to bulky for that (and/or missing the handles for that)?
2) I´ve never built an ITX or mATX rig before. As a matter of fact, the NCase is probably half the size of the smallest case I´ve owned so far. So yeah...I´m a n00b to small form factors builds and was wondering how far do you guys have to dial back your CPU/GPU overclocks compared to full sized systems (withou big-ass custom loops that is) regarding the temperatures? Or in other words, would you say this case is prone to higher temperatures?

1) I don't, but you probably could. You can buy bags specifically made for the M1 to make travel easier.

2) The NCASE does have a tendency to get hot, but I only dialed back my overclock 0.1 GHz on the CPU and not because I couldn't handle the temps, but because I wanted less noise.
M1XN
(18 items)
 
Study Zenbook
(5 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770K @ 4.2 GHz ASUS Maximus VI Impact MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G 2x8 GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 @ 2400 MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial M4 64 GB Crucial M4 128 GB SAMSUNG Spinpoint M9T 2 TB LiteOn DL-8ATSH 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Noctua NH-C14 Windows 10 64-bit ViewSonic VP2770 Vortex Pok3r 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair SF600 NCASE M1 V2.5 Logitech G502 SteelSeries QcK+ 
AudioOther
HiFiMan HE-400 Logitech C920 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i5-3317 GT 620M 2 GB soldered + 8 GB Corsair OCZ Vertex 3 120 
OS
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
  hide details  
Reply
M1XN
(18 items)
 
Study Zenbook
(5 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770K @ 4.2 GHz ASUS Maximus VI Impact MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G 2x8 GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 @ 2400 MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial M4 64 GB Crucial M4 128 GB SAMSUNG Spinpoint M9T 2 TB LiteOn DL-8ATSH 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Noctua NH-C14 Windows 10 64-bit ViewSonic VP2770 Vortex Pok3r 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair SF600 NCASE M1 V2.5 Logitech G502 SteelSeries QcK+ 
AudioOther
HiFiMan HE-400 Logitech C920 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i5-3317 GT 620M 2 GB soldered + 8 GB Corsair OCZ Vertex 3 120 
OS
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
  hide details  
Reply
post #763 of 1608
The M1 is easily portable. The same can't really be said of the Prodigy. I own both and the Prodigy does have handles but I find them too flimsy to trust and it's wide so it's awkward to carry otherwise.
post #764 of 1608
Interesting to hear from someone who owns both of the cases.

I can get my hands on a Prodigy M from a friend to see how those handles and the overall build quality are. But without an NCase to compare it to, I´m not sure how much that would help me.
Air 540 Rig
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4770k Asus Z87 Sabertooth EVGA GTX 980 Ti Superclocked Corsair Dominator Platinum 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Pro SSD Samsung 840 Evo Western Digital Red Western Digital Red 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Corsair SP120 Corsair AF140 white LED Corsair AF120 LED Corsair H105 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Corsair SP120 LED NZXT Kraken G10 Windows 7 (64bit) LG 34UM95-P 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Vengeance K70 Corsair RM1000 Corsair Carbide Air 540 Logitech MX518 
Mouse PadAudio
Belkin Soundblaster Z 
  hide details  
Reply
Air 540 Rig
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4770k Asus Z87 Sabertooth EVGA GTX 980 Ti Superclocked Corsair Dominator Platinum 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Pro SSD Samsung 840 Evo Western Digital Red Western Digital Red 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Corsair SP120 Corsair AF140 white LED Corsair AF120 LED Corsair H105 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Corsair SP120 LED NZXT Kraken G10 Windows 7 (64bit) LG 34UM95-P 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Vengeance K70 Corsair RM1000 Corsair Carbide Air 540 Logitech MX518 
Mouse PadAudio
Belkin Soundblaster Z 
  hide details  
Reply
post #765 of 1608
Has anyone built using only a slim 240 rad bottom mounted(like EK-CoolStream SE 240) for both cpu and gpu and can comment on the temperatures? With this setup I would probably have room for a res and maybe even a small 120 rad mounted near the cpu but I'm not sure if the 240 slim would be sufficient space or even small enough to fit.
post #766 of 1608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Someone09 View Post

I can get my hands on a Prodigy M from a friend to see how those handles and the overall build quality are. But without an NCase to compare it to, I´m not sure how much that would help me.

You could mock up the M1 with cardboard to get a feel for how small it is. The M1 is relatively narrow so it's easy to tuck under your arm. The only issue though is it's anodized aluminum so if you care about scratches you'll have to either be very careful or get something to cover it.
post #767 of 1608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aibohphobia View Post

You could mock up the M1 with cardboard to get a feel for how small it is.
Already did that. wink.gif
Air 540 Rig
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4770k Asus Z87 Sabertooth EVGA GTX 980 Ti Superclocked Corsair Dominator Platinum 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Pro SSD Samsung 840 Evo Western Digital Red Western Digital Red 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Corsair SP120 Corsair AF140 white LED Corsair AF120 LED Corsair H105 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Corsair SP120 LED NZXT Kraken G10 Windows 7 (64bit) LG 34UM95-P 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Vengeance K70 Corsair RM1000 Corsair Carbide Air 540 Logitech MX518 
Mouse PadAudio
Belkin Soundblaster Z 
  hide details  
Reply
Air 540 Rig
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4770k Asus Z87 Sabertooth EVGA GTX 980 Ti Superclocked Corsair Dominator Platinum 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Pro SSD Samsung 840 Evo Western Digital Red Western Digital Red 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Corsair SP120 Corsair AF140 white LED Corsair AF120 LED Corsair H105 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Corsair SP120 LED NZXT Kraken G10 Windows 7 (64bit) LG 34UM95-P 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Vengeance K70 Corsair RM1000 Corsair Carbide Air 540 Logitech MX518 
Mouse PadAudio
Belkin Soundblaster Z 
  hide details  
Reply
post #768 of 1608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cube Rhino View Post

Has anyone built using only a slim 240 rad bottom mounted(like EK-CoolStream SE 240) for both cpu and gpu and can comment on the temperatures? With this setup I would probably have room for a res and maybe even a small 120 rad mounted near the cpu but I'm not sure if the 240 slim would be sufficient space or even small enough to fit.

Here's a video of a M1 watercooled build using a 240mm Coolstream SE. The owner says his CPU and GPU load temps are under 60C. I'm kinda impressed by that considering that the CPU is a 4790k and the GPU is a Titan X. It's able to fit with two Silverstone FW-121 PWM fans which are 15mm in thickness.
post #769 of 1608
Wow that's like exactly what I had in mind. Thanks for the link.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccRicers View Post

Here's a video of a M1 watercooled build using a 240mm Coolstream SE. The owner says his CPU and GPU load temps are under 60C. I'm kinda impressed by that considering that the CPU is a 4790k and the GPU is a Titan X. It's able to fit with two Silverstone FW-121 PWM fans which are 15mm in thickness.
post #770 of 1608




Soon! Won't be as pretty as most of the posts in here.. since I'm **** with cable management... But will be fun!

Just waiting on corsair SF600 psu :[
Supa's Beast
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-6660 Gigabyte GA-Z170N-Gaming 5 GTX670-DC2-2GD5 G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2-2280 CORSAIR H100 Liquid CPU Cooler Windows 10 Pro 64-bit BenQ 2710PT 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer Predator XB271HU 165 Hz Ducky DK9087 Shine II TKL Blue LED (Brown) Corsair SF​600 Ncase M1 V5 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech g502 Cloth Perixx 
  hide details  
Reply
Supa's Beast
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-6660 Gigabyte GA-Z170N-Gaming 5 GTX670-DC2-2GD5 G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2-2280 CORSAIR H100 Liquid CPU Cooler Windows 10 Pro 64-bit BenQ 2710PT 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer Predator XB271HU 165 Hz Ducky DK9087 Shine II TKL Blue LED (Brown) Corsair SF​600 Ncase M1 V5 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech g502 Cloth Perixx 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Small Form Factor Systems
Overclock.net › Forums › Specialty Builds › Small Form Factor Systems › NCASE M1 prototype, a Mini-ITX Case