Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [vg247/PCG] EA’s future games will all feature microtransactions[update]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[vg247/PCG] EA’s future games will all feature microtransactions[update] - Page 7

post #61 of 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC'ing Noob View Post

Gamers don't believe games should be pay to win. Pay to win evens the playing floor for people who would rather buy their way to the end game as opposed to earning it. A lot of us feel like it cheapens the overall quality of the game, especially since developers become so focused on the business model that they design the game around it, like with D3. If you don't have time to game and get what you need, that's tough luck. Play a game you have time to play. Screw being allowed to buy your way in.

Since when did video games become an exclusive club that required me to fill out the application that came with Game Informer? Play a game you have time to play? No disrespect to you brah, but that's the most childish thing I read all day. I'm not sure about you, but I know a lot of people who work a 9-5 job with a family and still want to play video games. **** I work a 9-5 and want to play video games. And what a person does to get to the end game has absolutely nothing to do with you. If someone playing Skyrim on the 360 decides to buy the Daedric armor DLC so they can have the best armor at the beginning, why should I care? Is that going to affect my gameplay in any way? No, those things are all optional and you don't need them to play. You also seem to miss the part where I said microtransactions aren't bad as long as they don't alter the game balance to the point where its useless unless you buy things from he cash shop.
post #62 of 234
I hope the entire gaming industry takes a huge dump on EA and put them out of business along with Activision and Capcom. Those are publishers that deserve to be torn apart and purchased piecemeal by smaller publishers that actually cater to general good of gaming and gamers.
Biggie Smalls
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-2500K Asus P8Z77-M EVGA Titan X Corsair Vengeance DDR3 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 830 Pro Samsung 850 Pro Western Digital Black Caviar 64MB Cache Western Digital Black Caviar 64MB Cache 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG Bluray Combo Drive Corsair H50 Windows 7 Professional x64 Dell UltraSharp U3415W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 4 Blue/Red Corsair AX860 Corsair Obsidian 350D Razer Deathadder Chroma 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
fUnc Mouse Mat Grace m9xx DAC/AMP ELAC B6 Schiit Lyr 2 
AudioAudio
Fostex TH-X00 (ebony cups with detachable cable... Sennheiser HD650 
  hide details  
Reply
Biggie Smalls
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-2500K Asus P8Z77-M EVGA Titan X Corsair Vengeance DDR3 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 830 Pro Samsung 850 Pro Western Digital Black Caviar 64MB Cache Western Digital Black Caviar 64MB Cache 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG Bluray Combo Drive Corsair H50 Windows 7 Professional x64 Dell UltraSharp U3415W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 4 Blue/Red Corsair AX860 Corsair Obsidian 350D Razer Deathadder Chroma 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
fUnc Mouse Mat Grace m9xx DAC/AMP ELAC B6 Schiit Lyr 2 
AudioAudio
Fostex TH-X00 (ebony cups with detachable cable... Sennheiser HD650 
  hide details  
Reply
post #63 of 234
God damnit...go DIAF, while holding a hand grenade and drinking poison EA.
post #64 of 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC'ing Noob View Post

I hope the entire gaming industry takes a huge dump on EA and put them out of business along with Activision and Capcom. Those are publishers that deserve to be torn apart and purchased piecemeal by smaller publishers that actually cater to general good of gaming and gamers.


Good luck with that, while EA might be having issues financially, Activision just posted another record year. Anwyay I am in the camp of as long as it doesn't directly affect my gameplay, I don't care. I personaly choose not to use microtransactions, as long as it isn't gamebreaking and/or I am forced to pay extra I don't mind if it is in the game.
post #65 of 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athrun Zala View Post

Since when did video games become an exclusive club that required me to fill out the application that came with Game Informer? Play a game you have time to play? No disrespect to you brah, but that's the most childish thing I read all day. I'm not sure about you, but I know a lot of people who work a 9-5 job with a family and still want to play video games. **** I work a 9-5 and want to play video games. And what a person does to get to the end game has absolutely nothing to do with you. If someone playing Skyrim on the 360 decides to buy the Daedric armor DLC so they can have the best armor at the beginning, why should I care? Is that going to affect my gameplay in any way? No, those things are all optional and you don't need them to play. You also seem to miss the part where I said microtransactions aren't bad as long as they don't alter the game balance to the point where its useless unless you buy things from he cash shop.

You ask why the complaints about microtransactions and I answered. It is fine if someone who works 9-5 (I work full time too) wants to play video games. There is nothing wrong with that. What is wrong however, is that those 9-5 people are able to buy their way instantly to the same level as a person who despite working 9-5, took the time and effort to reach. This cheapens the gaming experience of the legitimate gamer who actually had to try. If for personal reasons you can't play and earn stuff, that is your problem. Either make time or find a different game. This is especially true in multiplayer games like D3 where you can buy a set of gear that would otherwise take hundreds of hours to farm for. It makes your experience feel empty in comparison. For SP games like Skyrim, it doesn't matter from a gamer's perspective. For multiplayer games and games that involve sharing your experience with others however, it is a piss poor model that most gamers hate and absolutely has something to do with other people. Even if you can purchase ammo, it is already an advantage that someone does not get if they did not pay. Lastly, the entire "money solves everything" mentality by especially rich little bastards invading the game and convincing publishers to push pay 2 win models is ruining game quality as well.

Microtransactions that doesn't affect, such as hats or skins, I don't have a problem with personally, but that is a small part of microtransactions. Knowing the greedy bastards at EA, they will have some sort of implement a blatant pay 2 win business model however.
Biggie Smalls
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-2500K Asus P8Z77-M EVGA Titan X Corsair Vengeance DDR3 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 830 Pro Samsung 850 Pro Western Digital Black Caviar 64MB Cache Western Digital Black Caviar 64MB Cache 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG Bluray Combo Drive Corsair H50 Windows 7 Professional x64 Dell UltraSharp U3415W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 4 Blue/Red Corsair AX860 Corsair Obsidian 350D Razer Deathadder Chroma 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
fUnc Mouse Mat Grace m9xx DAC/AMP ELAC B6 Schiit Lyr 2 
AudioAudio
Fostex TH-X00 (ebony cups with detachable cable... Sennheiser HD650 
  hide details  
Reply
Biggie Smalls
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-2500K Asus P8Z77-M EVGA Titan X Corsair Vengeance DDR3 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 830 Pro Samsung 850 Pro Western Digital Black Caviar 64MB Cache Western Digital Black Caviar 64MB Cache 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG Bluray Combo Drive Corsair H50 Windows 7 Professional x64 Dell UltraSharp U3415W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 4 Blue/Red Corsair AX860 Corsair Obsidian 350D Razer Deathadder Chroma 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
fUnc Mouse Mat Grace m9xx DAC/AMP ELAC B6 Schiit Lyr 2 
AudioAudio
Fostex TH-X00 (ebony cups with detachable cable... Sennheiser HD650 
  hide details  
Reply
post #66 of 234
think i will be sticking with arma 3 this summer
Sharkbait
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k OC 4.6 Asrock p67 extreme 4 gen 3 Asus GTX 670 DirectCU ii top sli 16gb gskill ripsaw 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
3xWD RE4 2tb Crucial M4 128gb none Corsair h80 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit HP ZR30w 30" IPS Corsair vengeance k60 Corsair hx850 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Lian Li Lancool DragonLord K62R1 Corsair vengeance m60 Razor Large ASUS Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
Sharkbait
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k OC 4.6 Asrock p67 extreme 4 gen 3 Asus GTX 670 DirectCU ii top sli 16gb gskill ripsaw 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
3xWD RE4 2tb Crucial M4 128gb none Corsair h80 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit HP ZR30w 30" IPS Corsair vengeance k60 Corsair hx850 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Lian Li Lancool DragonLord K62R1 Corsair vengeance m60 Razor Large ASUS Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #67 of 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankzro View Post

If it is anything like how DeadSpace 3 is where you can just out right purchase the DLC for guns then its pretty much Pay to Win.

Which these companies DO NOT understand yet... They are still new to DLC. They will ruined their own games worth if they don't figure out what kind of content should be in the game and out the game
Dead Space 3 is single player/co-op. It can't be pay to win unless a MT is required to complete the game. There isn't such a MT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth Pyros View Post

+1, it's not just about cheapening the game's quality, it's also pretty annoying to see the little "rich" kids jumping online on day 1 with every item purchased, or even worse, putting hundreds of hours into the game within a month and seeing some new guy jump on with every purchasable item in the game, whom then think they're awesome at the game because of their godly gear.
There's a huge difference between requiring hundreds of hours and actually requiring effort. If there's no skill ranking system, basing your enjoyment over simply having put in more time than someone else is... well... Those MMOs all died out or evolved because that's NOT what the majority want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC'ing Noob View Post

You ask why the complaints about microtransactions and I answered. It is fine if someone who works 9-5 (I work full time too) wants to play video games. There is nothing wrong with that. What is wrong however, is that those 9-5 people are able to buy their way instantly to the same level as a person who despite working 9-5, took the time and effort to reach. This cheapens the gaming experience of the legitimate gamer who actually had to try. If for personal reasons you can't play and earn stuff, that is your problem. Either make time or find a different game. This is especially true in multiplayer games like D3 where you can buy a set of gear that would otherwise take hundreds of hours to farm for. It makes your experience feel empty in comparison. For SP games like Skyrim, it doesn't matter from a gamer's perspective. For multiplayer games and games that involve sharing your experience with others however, it is a piss poor model that most gamers hate and absolutely has something to do with other people. Even if you can purchase ammo, it is already an advantage that someone does not get if they did not pay. Lastly, the entire "money solves everything" mentality by especially rich little bastards invading the game and convincing publishers to push pay 2 win models is ruining game quality as well.

Microtransactions that doesn't affect, such as hats or skins, I don't have a problem with personally, but that is a small part of microtransactions. Knowing the greedy bastards at EA, they will have some sort of implement a blatant pay 2 win business model however.
Time != effort. Time = money. You're attempting to "exclusify" the group known as gamers, but time and time again it's been proven "True gamers" are a very, very small minority. You can buy every single champion in LoL for a few hundred dollars, to do that without spending money would take years. What you can't do is buy yourself out of bronze tier. If you want to feel good about being the better player, be the better player because of skill, not gear.

Most of these objections ignore that many of these MTs can be gained through gameplay without ever winning a match. What's worse, sharing gear with someone who is short on free time but has spending money or sharing gear with someone who has unlimited free time but thinks BF3 is a farming simulator with lots of angry bandits? It's not the same? Show me an EA game with MTs that could only be gained by winning regularly. Heck, show me a game from any major publisher that fulfills that.
Edited by -Apocalypse- - 2/27/13 at 12:37pm
The Obelisk
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 2600k Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z (Z68) Asus GTX 570 DirectCU II  EVGA 9800GT ECO 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz  WD Black 1TB OCZ Vertex 2 90GB OCZ Agility 4 128GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMonitor
Samsung 840 128GB Windows 7 Professional 64-bit ViewSonic VX2250 Asus VE248 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 Corsair AX850 Corsair 800D Logitech G600 
Mouse PadAudio
C4 NGen Logitech G930 Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
The Obelisk
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 2600k Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z (Z68) Asus GTX 570 DirectCU II  EVGA 9800GT ECO 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz  WD Black 1TB OCZ Vertex 2 90GB OCZ Agility 4 128GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMonitor
Samsung 840 128GB Windows 7 Professional 64-bit ViewSonic VX2250 Asus VE248 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 Corsair AX850 Corsair 800D Logitech G600 
Mouse PadAudio
C4 NGen Logitech G930 Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
post #68 of 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Apocalypse- View Post

If you want to feel good about being the better player, be the better player because of skill, not gear.


But thats no longer politically correct because that might hurt little Johnys "feelings" and stunt his personality and growth as a result of "losing" rolleyes.gif


I'm looking at you liberals
post #69 of 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Amik Vase View Post

I don't understand why people do microtransactions.
Do gamers these days not like actually playing the game and they just want the maximum level and gear... if you just want that then you're doing it wrong. The whole idea and the fun of games is leveling up/ gearing up/ unlocking things as you get progressively further into or better at the game.
*sigh*

This. I would feel shame if I bought upgrades, it's like cheating. I couldn't live with myself.
Computer
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500K / 4.5Ghz / 1.368v / 212 EVO+ ASUS P8Z77-V LK EVGA Geforce GTX 680 / 2GB / 1228MHz / 3479MHz Kingston HyperX Blu Black / 1600Mhz / 8GB (2x4GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
OCZ Vertex 4 / SSD / 128GB Seagate ST500413AS / HDD / SATA / 500GB Seagate ST1000DM003 / HDD / SATA / 1000GB Windows 8.1 Pro / 64Bit / Full 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Samsung S23A700D / 120Hz / 23" Dell 2312HM / IPS / 23" LG IPS231 / IPS / 23" CMStorm Quick Fire Rapid 
PowerMouseMouse PadAudio
Seasonic X760 / 80 Plus Gold Zowie AM SteelSeries NP+ M-Audio Q40 with Beyerdynamic EDT 770 VB pads ... 
  hide details  
Reply
Computer
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500K / 4.5Ghz / 1.368v / 212 EVO+ ASUS P8Z77-V LK EVGA Geforce GTX 680 / 2GB / 1228MHz / 3479MHz Kingston HyperX Blu Black / 1600Mhz / 8GB (2x4GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
OCZ Vertex 4 / SSD / 128GB Seagate ST500413AS / HDD / SATA / 500GB Seagate ST1000DM003 / HDD / SATA / 1000GB Windows 8.1 Pro / 64Bit / Full 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Samsung S23A700D / 120Hz / 23" Dell 2312HM / IPS / 23" LG IPS231 / IPS / 23" CMStorm Quick Fire Rapid 
PowerMouseMouse PadAudio
Seasonic X760 / 80 Plus Gold Zowie AM SteelSeries NP+ M-Audio Q40 with Beyerdynamic EDT 770 VB pads ... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #70 of 234
Diablo three real money auction house...no thanks

Hawken ...no I don't want to pay money to use better mechs.
Quote:
“We are building into all of our games the ability to pay for things along the way; to get to a higher level. And consumers are enjoying and embracing that way of business.”

whoa nice marketing speak, way to act like a human being.
Edited by SIDWULF - 2/27/13 at 12:41pm
Computer
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500K / 4.5Ghz / 1.368v / 212 EVO+ ASUS P8Z77-V LK EVGA Geforce GTX 680 / 2GB / 1228MHz / 3479MHz Kingston HyperX Blu Black / 1600Mhz / 8GB (2x4GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
OCZ Vertex 4 / SSD / 128GB Seagate ST500413AS / HDD / SATA / 500GB Seagate ST1000DM003 / HDD / SATA / 1000GB Windows 8.1 Pro / 64Bit / Full 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Samsung S23A700D / 120Hz / 23" Dell 2312HM / IPS / 23" LG IPS231 / IPS / 23" CMStorm Quick Fire Rapid 
PowerMouseMouse PadAudio
Seasonic X760 / 80 Plus Gold Zowie AM SteelSeries NP+ M-Audio Q40 with Beyerdynamic EDT 770 VB pads ... 
  hide details  
Reply
Computer
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500K / 4.5Ghz / 1.368v / 212 EVO+ ASUS P8Z77-V LK EVGA Geforce GTX 680 / 2GB / 1228MHz / 3479MHz Kingston HyperX Blu Black / 1600Mhz / 8GB (2x4GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
OCZ Vertex 4 / SSD / 128GB Seagate ST500413AS / HDD / SATA / 500GB Seagate ST1000DM003 / HDD / SATA / 1000GB Windows 8.1 Pro / 64Bit / Full 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Samsung S23A700D / 120Hz / 23" Dell 2312HM / IPS / 23" LG IPS231 / IPS / 23" CMStorm Quick Fire Rapid 
PowerMouseMouse PadAudio
Seasonic X760 / 80 Plus Gold Zowie AM SteelSeries NP+ M-Audio Q40 with Beyerdynamic EDT 770 VB pads ... 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [vg247/PCG] EA’s future games will all feature microtransactions[update]