Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › Want two GTX TITANs in SLI but SLI scares me
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Want two GTX TITANs in SLI but SLI scares me - Page 2

post #11 of 20
Get 3 1400p Monitors then SLi those Titans... one single 1080p is just a waste for an SLi Titan set, IMO. You got the money it sounds like.. So buy 3 1440p monitors and use up that VRAM that its made for!! smile.gif I would NOT buy another one if your going to stick with that monitor because... that card will OWN ANYTHING out now on a 1080p resolution. Give or take the drivers too smile.gif Buttt.... it would just be a waste for two cards..

And if you REALLY want badass of the badass get 3 of these...LOL

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001565

I think your Titans would work well with that smile.gif BUT only if you have the dollas. lol.
Edited by zi3m - 2/28/13 at 9:47pm
PC Master Race.
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[Intel] Core i7-930 Bloomfield OC'd @ 4.01GHz [ASUS] P6X58D-E [EVGA] Geforce GTX660 SC 3GB [Corsair] Dominator 12GB; 8-8-8-20 1600mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
[Samsung] 840 Pro SSD 128GB  [Western Digital] 1TB Cavier Green HDD [Corsair] H-50 CPU Cooler Windows 7 64bit SP1 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
[Samsung] BX2331 23" LED LCD - 1080p [Samsung] 940BW 19" LCD - 1440x900 [Saitek] Eclipse III Keyboard [Antec] TPQ-850 850W Modular PSU 
CaseMouse
[Thermaltake] Element G Mid-Tower [CM] Storm Sentinel Advance II  
  hide details  
Reply
PC Master Race.
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[Intel] Core i7-930 Bloomfield OC'd @ 4.01GHz [ASUS] P6X58D-E [EVGA] Geforce GTX660 SC 3GB [Corsair] Dominator 12GB; 8-8-8-20 1600mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
[Samsung] 840 Pro SSD 128GB  [Western Digital] 1TB Cavier Green HDD [Corsair] H-50 CPU Cooler Windows 7 64bit SP1 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
[Samsung] BX2331 23" LED LCD - 1080p [Samsung] 940BW 19" LCD - 1440x900 [Saitek] Eclipse III Keyboard [Antec] TPQ-850 850W Modular PSU 
CaseMouse
[Thermaltake] Element G Mid-Tower [CM] Storm Sentinel Advance II  
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase Quinnell View Post

Except they're out of stock pretty much everywhere. You could pay a premium for people who bought extras on EBay. An extra $500 and you could order one there but that's out of the question for me, lol.

Hmph, well when i posted that yesterday newegg still had: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130898

Now they are out of stock.
Desktop!
(13 items)
 
Spare Gaming Rig
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
R7 1700X 3912 Mhz @ 1.375v BIOSTAR X370GT7 eVGA GTX 1080 ACX 3.0  CORSAIR Vengeance White LED 3200 Mhz (4x8GB) 32GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingMonitor
256GB Samsung 850 Pro 1TB Samsung 850 Evo NZXT Kraken X52 Dell S2417DG 165Hz 1440p G-Sync 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Ornata Corsair 750 RM Phanteks Evolv ATX Logitech G602 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz Asus MAXIMUS VII GENE GTX 980 Ti @ 1400 Mhz 4 x 4GB (16GB) Corsair LPX DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
240GB Seagate 1TB RAID HDD Cosair H240 Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPower
Asus P278Q Razer BlackWidow Corsair 650W 
  hide details  
Reply
Desktop!
(13 items)
 
Spare Gaming Rig
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
R7 1700X 3912 Mhz @ 1.375v BIOSTAR X370GT7 eVGA GTX 1080 ACX 3.0  CORSAIR Vengeance White LED 3200 Mhz (4x8GB) 32GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingMonitor
256GB Samsung 850 Pro 1TB Samsung 850 Evo NZXT Kraken X52 Dell S2417DG 165Hz 1440p G-Sync 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Ornata Corsair 750 RM Phanteks Evolv ATX Logitech G602 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz Asus MAXIMUS VII GENE GTX 980 Ti @ 1400 Mhz 4 x 4GB (16GB) Corsair LPX DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
240GB Seagate 1TB RAID HDD Cosair H240 Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPower
Asus P278Q Razer BlackWidow Corsair 650W 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 20
if you don't already have them you 'll have little chance of finding one let alone two anyway , ......
HAF X - main rig
(24 items)
 
HAF XB
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8500 ASUS P5E3 ASUS dcuii TOP GTX 670 OCZ reaper x hpc  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
samsung 500 gb samsung dvd antec H2O 920 windows vista 64b 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 23 passive 3d logitech g15 CORSAIR GS800 haf xb 
MouseAudio
logitech g500 logitech Z 2300 
  hide details  
Reply
HAF X - main rig
(24 items)
 
HAF XB
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8500 ASUS P5E3 ASUS dcuii TOP GTX 670 OCZ reaper x hpc  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
samsung 500 gb samsung dvd antec H2O 920 windows vista 64b 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 23 passive 3d logitech g15 CORSAIR GS800 haf xb 
MouseAudio
logitech g500 logitech Z 2300 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by zi3m View Post

Get 3 1400p Monitors then SLi those Titans... one single 1080p is just a waste for an SLi Titan set, IMO. You got the money it sounds like.. So buy 3 1440p monitors and use up that VRAM that its made for!! smile.gif I would NOT buy another one if your going to stick with that monitor because... that card will OWN ANYTHING out now on a 1080p resolution. Give or take the drivers too smile.gif Buttt.... it would just be a waste for two cards..

And if you REALLY want badass of the badass get 3 of these...LOL

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001565

I think your Titans would work well with that smile.gif BUT only if you have the dollas. lol.
It's 120 Hz 1080p, you'll need SLI'd Titans to get 100+ FPS on most of the new games.
Not bad
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570K @ Stock Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H Galaxy GTX 660 Ti 2 GB GC 8 GB Kingston DDR3 1600 MHz 
Hard DriveMonitorPowerCase
Seagate Barracuda 2 TB Samsung SyncMaster T23A350 1080p HEC Cougar CMX 700W V2 Cougar Volant Black 
  hide details  
Reply
Not bad
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570K @ Stock Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H Galaxy GTX 660 Ti 2 GB GC 8 GB Kingston DDR3 1600 MHz 
Hard DriveMonitorPowerCase
Seagate Barracuda 2 TB Samsung SyncMaster T23A350 1080p HEC Cougar CMX 700W V2 Cougar Volant Black 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashuiegi View Post

if you don't already have them you 'll have little chance of finding one let alone two anyway , ......

Depends on where you live. The first store I checked had like 30 of them, with more to come within the next day or so.
post #16 of 20
I've been running SLI for a while now and I haven't had any major issues.
The worst thing about it for me was the heat when I ran 2 470's.
Those cards were crazy hot.

My 660 ti's work great though. If you want it, go ahead!
post #17 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by XCII View Post

I've been running SLI for a while now and I haven't had any major issues.
The worst thing about it for me was the heat when I ran 2 470's.
Those cards were crazy hot.

My 660 ti's work great though. If you want it, go ahead!
Wouldn't recommend a 660 Ti with such a budget. If he can't get titans then I'd suggest maybe 2x4GB 680's FTW
Not bad
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570K @ Stock Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H Galaxy GTX 660 Ti 2 GB GC 8 GB Kingston DDR3 1600 MHz 
Hard DriveMonitorPowerCase
Seagate Barracuda 2 TB Samsung SyncMaster T23A350 1080p HEC Cougar CMX 700W V2 Cougar Volant Black 
  hide details  
Reply
Not bad
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570K @ Stock Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H Galaxy GTX 660 Ti 2 GB GC 8 GB Kingston DDR3 1600 MHz 
Hard DriveMonitorPowerCase
Seagate Barracuda 2 TB Samsung SyncMaster T23A350 1080p HEC Cougar CMX 700W V2 Cougar Volant Black 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giac View Post

Watercool a single titan and you have plenty performance to hiut 120FPS. Guess some people have more money than brains.

That's unfair, maybe the OP wants to future proof his rig and is just a bit more forward thinking than you are. A single titan isn't going to max out every game for the next three years, but it wouldn't surprise me if a pair of them will, they will certainly come closer than a single one.

As to SLI, I have been running SLI since the 8800 GTX (SLI and Tri-SLI) and I don't plan on ever going back. With today's drivers microstutter is kept to a minimum and the vast majority of games are supported upon release. I think you should pull the trigger OP once you find the cards in stock!

Edit: It can get noisy, maybe think about replacing the stock HSF if investing in a decent pair of headphones.
post #19 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubnotub1 View Post

That's unfair, maybe the OP wants to future proof his rig and is just a bit more forward thinking than you are. A single titan isn't going to max out every game for the next three years, but it wouldn't surprise me if a pair of them will, they will certainly come closer than a single one.

As to SLI, I have been running SLI since the 8800 GTX (SLI and Tri-SLI) and I don't plan on ever going back. With today's drivers microstutter is kept to a minimum and the vast majority of games are supported upon release. I think you should pull the trigger OP once you find the cards in stock!

Edit: It can get noisy, maybe think about replacing the stock HSF if investing in a decent pair of headphones.

I'm sure he will upgrade with next top line card again and will ask for FUTURE PROOF setup. This is the way OCN do.
 
HTPC / SERVER
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel 4670k Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H MSI 750 Ti G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB 2133 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung EVO 120Gb Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500 Corsair h70 Windows 7 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VW266H 1920x1200 Logitech G-15 CORSAIR HX750 Antec 900 
Mouse
Logitech Performance MX 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd a10-7850k asus a88mx-a APU corsair vengeance 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Corsair C300 stock Windows 7 Sharp 60" LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseOther
Logitech K400r Corsair CX430M old temp Asus USB-AC53 
  hide details  
Reply
 
HTPC / SERVER
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel 4670k Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H MSI 750 Ti G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB 2133 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung EVO 120Gb Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500 Corsair h70 Windows 7 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VW266H 1920x1200 Logitech G-15 CORSAIR HX750 Antec 900 
Mouse
Logitech Performance MX 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd a10-7850k asus a88mx-a APU corsair vengeance 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Corsair C300 stock Windows 7 Sharp 60" LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseOther
Logitech K400r Corsair CX430M old temp Asus USB-AC53 
  hide details  
Reply
post #20 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alatar View Post

Get one first, see if it's enough and then buy a 2nd one, test it and if you don't like it sell it/return it?
It's 120hz.

This is what I am doing.

Coming from two 680s, I just want high FPS and smooth performance on my 120-144hz 1080p monitor. Titan arrives today, want to see if I get an acceptable framerate in BF3 with just one. I'm not enabling ultra settings or AA, so I think it could be possible on just one.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › Want two GTX TITANs in SLI but SLI scares me