Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › 7950 crossfire bottom card stuck at 300/150
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

7950 crossfire bottom card stuck at 300/150 - Page 9

post #81 of 151
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarhell View Post

4xmsaa vs 8xmsaa the iq differences is minimal but the performance hit is big

Ohh ok. So whats with that SMAA I heard that the performance hit is small and you can't really tell the difference between it and MSAA. Might have to try it out! Still amazed by the graphics of this game!
post #82 of 151
SMAA has better iq than fxaa and less performance impact than msaa. I prefer it over msaa
Workstation
(4 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsMonitor
Xeon E5-2690 Supermicro 2011 Nvidia GP100/ Vega FE Dell ultrasharp 4k 
  hide details  
Reply
Workstation
(4 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsMonitor
Xeon E5-2690 Supermicro 2011 Nvidia GP100/ Vega FE Dell ultrasharp 4k 
  hide details  
Reply
post #83 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavageTheEarth View Post

Oh no need to apologize friend, I've basically been up for 48 hours with a couple hours sleep here and there trying to figure this out. My brain isnt working like it should so I was having a hard time understand the way you said it. Thanks! haha

I'm installing Crysis 3 right now!! So does 13.2 beta 7 include a profile for Crysis 3? I'm not sure how to check because no profiles show when I go into the 3d application settings in CCC. Not really sure where they would be located.

great work man. seems like your rig is working fine. you can help other first time users of CF if they have problems thumb.gif

as for crysis 3, 13.2 beta 7 has the latest profiles and best performance. and stick with MSAA 4x for best performance. MSAA 8x is not worth the performance hit. With MSAA 4x you should stay at 60 fps.

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Grafikkarten-Hardware-97980/Tests/GTX-Titan-SLI-vs-HD-7970-Crossfire-Test-1057382/

in terms of image quality MSAA > SMAA > FXAA. performance wise other way round.
Fragbox
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 2400 DH67BL AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series XFX HD 6950 2GB 
RAMRAMHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair Corsair DDR3 1333 Mhz 2 GB Corsair DDR3 1333 Mhz 2 GB Western Digital Caviar Green SONY DVD-RW AD-7260S 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Professional 32 bit BENQ G2420HD Logitech K200 Seasonic VX550 psu 
CaseMouse
ANTEC 200 V2 Logitech mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
Fragbox
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 2400 DH67BL AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series XFX HD 6950 2GB 
RAMRAMHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair Corsair DDR3 1333 Mhz 2 GB Corsair DDR3 1333 Mhz 2 GB Western Digital Caviar Green SONY DVD-RW AD-7260S 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Professional 32 bit BENQ G2420HD Logitech K200 Seasonic VX550 psu 
CaseMouse
ANTEC 200 V2 Logitech mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
post #84 of 151
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu78 View Post

great work man. seems like your rig is working fine. you can help other first time users of CF if they have problems thumb.gif

as for crysis 3, 13.2 beta 7 has the latest profiles and best performance. and stick with MSAA 4x for best performance. MSAA 8x is not worth the performance hit. With MSAA 4x you should stay at 60 fps.

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Grafikkarten-Hardware-97980/Tests/GTX-Titan-SLI-vs-HD-7970-Crossfire-Test-1057382/

in terms of image quality MSAA > SMAA > FXAA. performance wise other way round.

Sweet! Yea, I'm definetly going to pass all of this knowledge forward and try to help other people out. Thanks!
post #85 of 151
Congrats on solving the problem!
Now you should reward yourself by sleeping well, and then some Crysis 3 gameplay wink.gif.
Not bad
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570K @ Stock Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H Galaxy GTX 660 Ti 2 GB GC 8 GB Kingston DDR3 1600 MHz 
Hard DriveMonitorPowerCase
Seagate Barracuda 2 TB Samsung SyncMaster T23A350 1080p HEC Cougar CMX 700W V2 Cougar Volant Black 
  hide details  
Reply
Not bad
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570K @ Stock Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H Galaxy GTX 660 Ti 2 GB GC 8 GB Kingston DDR3 1600 MHz 
Hard DriveMonitorPowerCase
Seagate Barracuda 2 TB Samsung SyncMaster T23A350 1080p HEC Cougar CMX 700W V2 Cougar Volant Black 
  hide details  
Reply
post #86 of 151
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorpian View Post

Congrats on solving the problem!
Now you should reward yourself by sleeping well, and then some Crysis 3 gameplay wink.gif.

Yes I just had a nice long sleep and now I can play a little Crysis 3. Just downloading a bunch of stuff first since I re-installed windows.
post #87 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavageTheEarth View Post

Yes I just had a nice long sleep and now I can play a little Crysis 3. Just downloading a bunch of stuff first since I re-installed windows.
Good biggrin.gif.
+rep for your effort. Corrupt windows installation, who could have thought of that xD?
Not bad
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570K @ Stock Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H Galaxy GTX 660 Ti 2 GB GC 8 GB Kingston DDR3 1600 MHz 
Hard DriveMonitorPowerCase
Seagate Barracuda 2 TB Samsung SyncMaster T23A350 1080p HEC Cougar CMX 700W V2 Cougar Volant Black 
  hide details  
Reply
Not bad
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570K @ Stock Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H Galaxy GTX 660 Ti 2 GB GC 8 GB Kingston DDR3 1600 MHz 
Hard DriveMonitorPowerCase
Seagate Barracuda 2 TB Samsung SyncMaster T23A350 1080p HEC Cougar CMX 700W V2 Cougar Volant Black 
  hide details  
Reply
post #88 of 151
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorpian View Post

Good biggrin.gif.
+rep for your effort. Corrupt windows installation, who could have thought of that xD?

I know, rigght???? Thanks for the rep guys it feels good to have some.

Who else is playing Crysis 3? Isn't it a work of art???
post #89 of 151
Thread Starter 
I'm up to 1150/1575 and completely stable. Loving it! These cards are tearing everything up. I'm suprised how smooth Crysis 3 is. I though microstutters were a bunch of tiny stutters, but I only get a little hiccup right when a level loads and maybe every ten minutes and they are so small that it doesnt even bother me.
post #90 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavageTheEarth View Post

I'm up to 1150/1575 and completely stable. Loving it! These cards are tearing everything up. I'm suprised how smooth Crysis 3 is. I though microstutters were a bunch of tiny stutters, but I only get a little hiccup right when a level loads and maybe every ten minutes and they are so small that it doesnt even bother me.

wow. 1150 mhz CF on stock cooling is very good. glad that you are enjoying the performance. how is crysis 3 graphics. i am going to finish downloading and will start playing soon. thumb.gif
Fragbox
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 2400 DH67BL AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series XFX HD 6950 2GB 
RAMRAMHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair Corsair DDR3 1333 Mhz 2 GB Corsair DDR3 1333 Mhz 2 GB Western Digital Caviar Green SONY DVD-RW AD-7260S 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Professional 32 bit BENQ G2420HD Logitech K200 Seasonic VX550 psu 
CaseMouse
ANTEC 200 V2 Logitech mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
Fragbox
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 2400 DH67BL AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series XFX HD 6950 2GB 
RAMRAMHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair Corsair DDR3 1333 Mhz 2 GB Corsair DDR3 1333 Mhz 2 GB Western Digital Caviar Green SONY DVD-RW AD-7260S 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Professional 32 bit BENQ G2420HD Logitech K200 Seasonic VX550 psu 
CaseMouse
ANTEC 200 V2 Logitech mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD/ATI
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › 7950 crossfire bottom card stuck at 300/150