Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › SAPPHIRE 100352-3L HD7950, Stripped for your viewing pleasure!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

SAPPHIRE 100352-3L HD7950, Stripped for your viewing pleasure! - Page 8

post #71 of 80
The Swiftech bracket helped reduce my temperatures by about 1.5c-2C. I do have a lot of cooling pushing air through the case, which includes a bottom intake that blows into the GPU.

Try rearranging the case fans to pull the hot air off the GPU. The supplied cooler has decent performance and should be able to keep the die cool.
The Workhorse
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1700x ASRock Taichi x370 AMD Radeon R9 200 Series Corsair Vengeance White 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung  Western Digital Caviar Green  ASUS DRW-24B1ST Noctua NH-D14 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro Monoprice Zero-G  Max Nighthawk x8 Seasonic X750 
CaseMouseAudio
Fractal Design Black Pearl Logitech G502 Soundblasher SBX 
  hide details  
Reply
The Workhorse
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1700x ASRock Taichi x370 AMD Radeon R9 200 Series Corsair Vengeance White 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung  Western Digital Caviar Green  ASUS DRW-24B1ST Noctua NH-D14 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro Monoprice Zero-G  Max Nighthawk x8 Seasonic X750 
CaseMouseAudio
Fractal Design Black Pearl Logitech G502 Soundblasher SBX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #72 of 80
What is the difference between BIOS on this card?
Fun on a bun
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4790K Z97 Extreme3 ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Kingston Hyper X 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Hybrid Drive 1TB Crucial MX300 Corsair H100iGTX Win 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS PG278Q Logitech G710+ Corsair RM750 Phanteks Evolv ATX 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G402 Steel Series FiiO E17 -> HD598 
  hide details  
Reply
Fun on a bun
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4790K Z97 Extreme3 ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Kingston Hyper X 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Hybrid Drive 1TB Crucial MX300 Corsair H100iGTX Win 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS PG278Q Logitech G710+ Corsair RM750 Phanteks Evolv ATX 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G402 Steel Series FiiO E17 -> HD598 
  hide details  
Reply
post #73 of 80
I know this is a slight necro, but I'm trying to water cool both of my cards that run in crossfire. Is there a preferred way due to this not being reference?
Do the memory modules or anything else need to be cooled or need heatsinks?
post #74 of 80
Hey Guys,

Does anyone here know of a way to get the 100352-3L to a lower default voltage on the bios? I am trying to run this on a linux box and linux prevents any sort of Voltage control.

I have the default 1.169V but am really hoping I can flash a 1.090V BIOS onto my card. If anyone is aware of any means of accomplishing this, I would be forever grateful!

Cheers!
-DZ

ps. FIRST POST!
post #75 of 80
post #76 of 80

THAT IS AWESOME!!!!

Have you given this a try? I'm definitely tempted to give it a go but afraid of Bricking my card.

Also, since these cards have the dual BIOS (1 and 2 depending on boost button) can anyone advise on which setting I should change the BIOS?

Thank you!!!!
-DZ
post #77 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeceiverZ View Post

THAT IS AWESOME!!!!

Have you given this a try? I'm definitely tempted to give it a go but afraid of Bricking my card.

Also, since these cards have the dual BIOS (1 and 2 depending on boost button) can anyone advise on which setting I should change the BIOS?

Thank you!!!!
-DZ

Yup, I was having issues controlling voltage on my 7950 Vapor-X (when i had it paired with an R9 290, otherwise it was fine)

So I used that to flash the voltage lower smile.gif

Change whichever you arent currently using, just because.. you know the one you are currently on is completely functional
post #78 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derpinheimer View Post

Yup, I was having issues controlling voltage on my 7950 Vapor-X (when i had it paired with an R9 290, otherwise it was fine)

So I used that to flash the voltage lower smile.gif

Change whichever you arent currently using, just because.. you know the one you are currently on is completely functional


It worked for me! Thank you so much for your help dude. I was able to get my 100352-3L down to 1.069V and stable running 1100/1250. I mine for Scrypt alt-coins on Linux (BAMT) when I'm not gaming and getting around 620KH/s (in case anyone was curious).

Couldn't have accomplished this without you dude. So big thanks again.

-DZ
post #79 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeceiverZ View Post

It worked for me! Thank you so much for your help dude. I was able to get my 100352-3L down to 1.069V and stable running 1100/1250. I mine for Scrypt alt-coins on Linux (BAMT) when I'm not gaming and getting around 620KH/s (in case anyone was curious).

Couldn't have accomplished this without you dude. So big thanks again.

-DZ

No problem! Glad I could help you smile.gif
post #80 of 80
Sorry to revive this thread, but I'm wondering if anyone here was able to successfully water cool this card? Either with a universal GPU water block with heatsink or any other means. Thanks!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD/ATI
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › SAPPHIRE 100352-3L HD7950, Stripped for your viewing pleasure!