Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Swiftech H220/H320/H220X/H240X/H140X and CM Glacer 240L/360L Owners' Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Swiftech H220/H320/H220X/H240X/H140X and CM Glacer 240L/360L Owners' Club - Page 110

post #1091 of 20767
Looks like I'm one of the unlucky ones; The pump stopped working on my kit earlier today. Came home to a blue screen and was at first suspecting memory, but when I managed to get windows to load (a few more blue screens later), I turned on RealTemp to see the idle temperatures at 65C. While the computer finished booting I saw the temperatures climb to 89C during just normal startup load. I opened up the case and did not hear any water noises. Unfortunately for now I am back to my Zalman air cooler while I get this sorted out with Swiftech's customer service.
post #1092 of 20767
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElMagoFrank View Post

Looks like I'm one of the unlucky ones; The pump stopped working on my kit earlier today. Came home to a blue screen and was at first suspecting memory, but when I managed to get windows to load (a few more blue screens later), I turned on RealTemp to see the idle temperatures at 65C. While the computer finished booting I saw the temperatures climb to 89C during just normal startup load. I opened up the case and did not hear any water noises. Unfortunately for now I am back to my Zalman air cooler while I get this sorted out with Swiftech's customer service.

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Blue Ice
(11 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsHard Drive
3610QM GT 630M Crucial M4 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 Asus Gigbyte 7950 3x2GB OCZ 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
Seagate prolimatech megahalems HP 24" Razor 
PowerCaseMouse
Antec 650 Earth Watts Corsair Graphite Series 600T Special Edition WHITE Razor 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Blue Ice
(11 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsHard Drive
3610QM GT 630M Crucial M4 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 Asus Gigbyte 7950 3x2GB OCZ 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
Seagate prolimatech megahalems HP 24" Razor 
PowerCaseMouse
Antec 650 Earth Watts Corsair Graphite Series 600T Special Edition WHITE Razor 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1093 of 20767
Fret not, tis nothing but a slight inconvenience because Bryan, stephen and the rest have been on the ball for any issues with these first released units.
Nightrider
(17 items)
 
Commodore 64
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3930k x79 gd45 PLUS GTX Titan Crucial Ballistix Sport VLP  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
HyperX 3k Intel 320 Seagate Barracuda Swifttech H220 
CoolingCoolingOSOS
Swifttech 220QP Corsair SP120 Windows 8.1 Pro Windows 10 Pro 
OSOSMonitorMonitor
Windows 7 Home Ubuntu 15.4 QNIX 2710 Catleap 2B 
Keyboard
Ducky - Cherry MX Red 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k DZ77GA - 70K GTX670-DC2-4GD5  MV-3V4G3D/US 
Hard DriveCoolingOSOS
HyperX 3k CM 212 + Win 7 64 ubuntu 
PowerCase
Seventeam 850w modular CS-NT-ZERO-2  
  hide details  
Reply
Nightrider
(17 items)
 
Commodore 64
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3930k x79 gd45 PLUS GTX Titan Crucial Ballistix Sport VLP  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
HyperX 3k Intel 320 Seagate Barracuda Swifttech H220 
CoolingCoolingOSOS
Swifttech 220QP Corsair SP120 Windows 8.1 Pro Windows 10 Pro 
OSOSMonitorMonitor
Windows 7 Home Ubuntu 15.4 QNIX 2710 Catleap 2B 
Keyboard
Ducky - Cherry MX Red 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k DZ77GA - 70K GTX670-DC2-4GD5  MV-3V4G3D/US 
Hard DriveCoolingOSOS
HyperX 3k CM 212 + Win 7 64 ubuntu 
PowerCase
Seventeam 850w modular CS-NT-ZERO-2  
  hide details  
Reply
post #1094 of 20767
^^Agree completely, they mailed out something to me the same day I talked to them. So far I am impressed with their service, and I hate to say it but I am already starting to think about a custom (and unfortunately more expensive) setup next time. They have done their job with the H220 in getting me a lot more interested in water cooling my rig.

Got the video card ready for the H220 expansion, just waiting for another piece and should be ready to do it next week:

Ivy 5.0
(14 items)
 
Ivy 4.8
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770k 5.0 24/7 Maximus V Formula EVGA GTX 690 G.Skill Trident X 2400 (2x8gb) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 Pro 512GB Pioneer BD-RW Swiftech H220 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2 x NEC 30" Logitech G15 Corsair AX1200 NZXT Switch 810 
MouseAudio
Logitech G9x Logitech G51 
  hide details  
Reply
Ivy 5.0
(14 items)
 
Ivy 4.8
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770k 5.0 24/7 Maximus V Formula EVGA GTX 690 G.Skill Trident X 2400 (2x8gb) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 Pro 512GB Pioneer BD-RW Swiftech H220 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2 x NEC 30" Logitech G15 Corsair AX1200 NZXT Switch 810 
MouseAudio
Logitech G9x Logitech G51 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1095 of 20767
Quote:
Originally Posted by justanoldman View Post

^^Agree completely, they mailed out something to me the same day I talked to them. So far I am impressed with their service, and I hate to say it but I am already starting to think about a custom (and unfortunately more expensive) setup next time. They have done their job with the H220 in getting me a lot more interested in water cooling my rig.

Got the video card ready for the H220 expansion, just waiting for another piece and should be ready to do it next week:


One thing i noticed regarding the EK blocks until it was a little too late, is that they dont have multiple ports. I ended up buying swiftech 90 degree swivel elbows to bring the tubing "up" to above the card (going to use the EK Link block) so I dont have to run excessively long tubing.

That is unless you plan on having tubing go around and under or to the side with the EK link block.

imo an inconvenience, but i like the minimalist looks of ek blocks (maybe cause i'm a Mac owner lawl). I dont care too much for the heatkiller.
Edited by ez12a - 3/31/13 at 9:40am
 
Work Rig
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2700k @ 4.5GHz  Asus P8Z68-V/Gen3 Asus GTX 1070 Strix OC G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Crucial M4 128GB + 1TB F3 + Crucial M500 256GB Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 Pro Cooler Master Novatouch TKL 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Cooler Master V1000 600T SE Roccat Kone XTD Steel Series 9HD 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 Rampage III Gene 2x EVGA GTX 680 SLI 24gb HyperX 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
960GB Crucial M500 Intel Stock Windows 7 64bit Enterprise HP ZR2440w + Z24i 
KeyboardPowerCase
Ducky Brown Antec TP-750 Antec Sonata 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Work Rig
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2700k @ 4.5GHz  Asus P8Z68-V/Gen3 Asus GTX 1070 Strix OC G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Crucial M4 128GB + 1TB F3 + Crucial M500 256GB Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 Pro Cooler Master Novatouch TKL 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Cooler Master V1000 600T SE Roccat Kone XTD Steel Series 9HD 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 Rampage III Gene 2x EVGA GTX 680 SLI 24gb HyperX 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
960GB Crucial M500 Intel Stock Windows 7 64bit Enterprise HP ZR2440w + Z24i 
KeyboardPowerCase
Ducky Brown Antec TP-750 Antec Sonata 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1096 of 20767
Quote:
Originally Posted by ez12a View Post

One thing i noticed regarding the EK blocks until it was a little too late, is that they dont have multiple ports. I ended up buying swiftech 90 degree swivel elbows to bring the tubing "up" to above the card (going to use the EK Link block) so I dont have to run excessively long tubing.

That is unless you plan on having tubing go around and under or to the side with the EK link block.

imo an inconvenience, but i like the minimalist looks of ek blocks (maybe cause i'm a Mac owner lawl). I dont care too much for the heatkiller.
Not sure how I will have it in the end. If I use the included EK link block the fittings stick straight out, if you don’t they point down which is good for continuing the loop to the bottom rad, but not good for going from the cpu to the video card.

So use the link, both fittings stick out which means your tubing will be pushed toward your side panel, or like you said the cpu to gpu tube has to go around and under the card. What do most people do?
Ivy 5.0
(14 items)
 
Ivy 4.8
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770k 5.0 24/7 Maximus V Formula EVGA GTX 690 G.Skill Trident X 2400 (2x8gb) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 Pro 512GB Pioneer BD-RW Swiftech H220 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2 x NEC 30" Logitech G15 Corsair AX1200 NZXT Switch 810 
MouseAudio
Logitech G9x Logitech G51 
  hide details  
Reply
Ivy 5.0
(14 items)
 
Ivy 4.8
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770k 5.0 24/7 Maximus V Formula EVGA GTX 690 G.Skill Trident X 2400 (2x8gb) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 Pro 512GB Pioneer BD-RW Swiftech H220 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2 x NEC 30" Logitech G15 Corsair AX1200 NZXT Switch 810 
MouseAudio
Logitech G9x Logitech G51 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1097 of 20767
I cannot seem to find this h220 in the uk. Can anyone help? Or at least, are there any custom cooling kits that outperform the h220 which are under the 140 mark?
Cheers.
X79-GCN
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930K 4.5GHz HT GIGABYTE GA-X79-UP4 AMD R9-290X GEil Evo Potenza DDR3 2400MHz CL10 (4x4GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 120GB EK Supremacy (CPU) NF F12's P/P (360 Rad)  NF A14's (420 Rad)  
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC Chrome Compression Fittings EK RES X3 150 Primochill PremoFlex Advanced LRT Clear 1/2 ID EK-FC (R9 290X) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK D5 Vario Top-X  Phobya G-Changer V2 360mm Phobya G-Changer V2 420mm Win 10 x64 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XR3501 35" Curved Corsair Vengeance K90 Seasonic X-1250 Gold (v2) Corsair 900D 
MouseAudio
Logitech G400s Senn HD 598 
  hide details  
Reply
X79-GCN
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930K 4.5GHz HT GIGABYTE GA-X79-UP4 AMD R9-290X GEil Evo Potenza DDR3 2400MHz CL10 (4x4GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 120GB EK Supremacy (CPU) NF F12's P/P (360 Rad)  NF A14's (420 Rad)  
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC Chrome Compression Fittings EK RES X3 150 Primochill PremoFlex Advanced LRT Clear 1/2 ID EK-FC (R9 290X) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK D5 Vario Top-X  Phobya G-Changer V2 360mm Phobya G-Changer V2 420mm Win 10 x64 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XR3501 35" Curved Corsair Vengeance K90 Seasonic X-1250 Gold (v2) Corsair 900D 
MouseAudio
Logitech G400s Senn HD 598 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1098 of 20767
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleyW View Post

I cannot seem to find this h220 in the uk. Can anyone help? Or at least, are there any custom cooling kits that outperform the h220 which are under the 140 mark?
Cheers.

The XSPC RayStorm 750 RS240 WaterCooling Kit V4 is probably the closest to what you're looking for. Can be had for around £140 but doesn't come with any fluids.

Good review here, seems to be around the same performance as the \h220.

http://martinsliquidlab.org/2013/02/16/xspc-raystorm-750-rs240-extreme-universal-cpu-water-cooling-kit/
post #1099 of 20767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post

The XSPC RayStorm 750 RS240 WaterCooling Kit V4 is probably the closest to what you're looking for. Can be had for around £140 but doesn't come with any fluids.

Good review here, seems to be around the same performance as the \h220.

http://martinsliquidlab.org/2013/02/16/xspc-raystorm-750-rs240-extreme-universal-cpu-water-cooling-kit/

Thank you. I also noticed swiftech have a h200 edge edition which is also a h220 but more custom. Also, what fluid do I need with the xpsc? I'm new to custom WC.
X79-GCN
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930K 4.5GHz HT GIGABYTE GA-X79-UP4 AMD R9-290X GEil Evo Potenza DDR3 2400MHz CL10 (4x4GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 120GB EK Supremacy (CPU) NF F12's P/P (360 Rad)  NF A14's (420 Rad)  
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC Chrome Compression Fittings EK RES X3 150 Primochill PremoFlex Advanced LRT Clear 1/2 ID EK-FC (R9 290X) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK D5 Vario Top-X  Phobya G-Changer V2 360mm Phobya G-Changer V2 420mm Win 10 x64 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XR3501 35" Curved Corsair Vengeance K90 Seasonic X-1250 Gold (v2) Corsair 900D 
MouseAudio
Logitech G400s Senn HD 598 
  hide details  
Reply
X79-GCN
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930K 4.5GHz HT GIGABYTE GA-X79-UP4 AMD R9-290X GEil Evo Potenza DDR3 2400MHz CL10 (4x4GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 120GB EK Supremacy (CPU) NF F12's P/P (360 Rad)  NF A14's (420 Rad)  
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC Chrome Compression Fittings EK RES X3 150 Primochill PremoFlex Advanced LRT Clear 1/2 ID EK-FC (R9 290X) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK D5 Vario Top-X  Phobya G-Changer V2 360mm Phobya G-Changer V2 420mm Win 10 x64 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XR3501 35" Curved Corsair Vengeance K90 Seasonic X-1250 Gold (v2) Corsair 900D 
MouseAudio
Logitech G400s Senn HD 598 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1100 of 20767
Quote:
Originally Posted by justanoldman View Post

Not sure how I will have it in the end. If I use the included EK link block the fittings stick straight out, if you don’t they point down which is good for continuing the loop to the bottom rad, but not good for going from the cpu to the video card.

So use the link, both fittings stick out which means your tubing will be pushed toward your side panel, or like you said the cpu to gpu tube has to go around and under the card. What do most people do?

Ah i see you're going with a bottom mounted rad. I would think to get that proper angle they would use 90 deg swivels to get the tubing pointed in the right direction. Not sure though, this is my first "custom" loop.

Question for swiftech: Can the tubes on the radiator be reversed (i.e. reversing the factory flow through the rad) without problems? I'll probably figure this out eventually when i have the kit disassembled to flush the rad, but just for the official word. I will probably want to reverse the flow when flushing to dislodge any bits inside that might've gotten stuck.
Edited by ez12a - 3/31/13 at 1:11pm
 
Work Rig
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2700k @ 4.5GHz  Asus P8Z68-V/Gen3 Asus GTX 1070 Strix OC G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Crucial M4 128GB + 1TB F3 + Crucial M500 256GB Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 Pro Cooler Master Novatouch TKL 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Cooler Master V1000 600T SE Roccat Kone XTD Steel Series 9HD 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 Rampage III Gene 2x EVGA GTX 680 SLI 24gb HyperX 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
960GB Crucial M500 Intel Stock Windows 7 64bit Enterprise HP ZR2440w + Z24i 
KeyboardPowerCase
Ducky Brown Antec TP-750 Antec Sonata 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Work Rig
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2700k @ 4.5GHz  Asus P8Z68-V/Gen3 Asus GTX 1070 Strix OC G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Crucial M4 128GB + 1TB F3 + Crucial M500 256GB Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 Pro Cooler Master Novatouch TKL 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Cooler Master V1000 600T SE Roccat Kone XTD Steel Series 9HD 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 Rampage III Gene 2x EVGA GTX 680 SLI 24gb HyperX 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
960GB Crucial M500 Intel Stock Windows 7 64bit Enterprise HP ZR2440w + Z24i 
KeyboardPowerCase
Ducky Brown Antec TP-750 Antec Sonata 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Swiftech H220/H320/H220X/H240X/H140X and CM Glacer 240L/360L Owners' Club