Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Swiftech H220/H320/H220X/H240X/H140X and CM Glacer 240L/360L Owners' Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Swiftech H220/H320/H220X/H240X/H140X and CM Glacer 240L/360L Owners' Club - Page 151

post #1501 of 20809
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phishy714 View Post

You might want to take a look at the pics I posted.

Tremendous temp spikes reported on MSI Afterburner. I can also hear the pump rev back up whenever it comes off of the "zero rpm' state. While I can't judge if it ever went to zero, I can judge when its spinning back up really high, so there is an anomaly there for sure. Also the temp spikes are in line with when I get the error messages. Sure enough when I see the 0rpm reading warning, my temps start to go up quite a bit, and then go back down and back up again. Best bet to look at the pics I posted.

OK, if it ran well for the first couple of days I don't think it's air trapped in your loop. I t may very well be that your pump has started to go out on you. I sent you a PM, but I'm not sure if it went through. Please send me a copy of your invoice for this kit to bryan@swiftech.com so I can start processing your RMA request when I get into work tomorrow morning.
Sanjuro
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 8 core at 3.8 GHz Gigabyte Aorus X370 Gaming K7 EVGA GTX 980Ti Classified 16 gigs of Corsair Vengeance at 2933MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
256 gig Samsung 850 Pro ssd 2 Terabyte Western Digital drive Lite-On DVD burner Corsair H100i GTX Extreme 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 64 lg-34UM69G-B-ultrawide-monitor Corsair K70 Lux with Cherry MX Red switches and... EVGA 850 watt gold rated fully modular Super Nova 
CaseMouseAudio
Corsair 450 D Corsair M65 Pro Logitech Z506 5.1 surround sound system. 
  hide details  
Reply
Sanjuro
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 8 core at 3.8 GHz Gigabyte Aorus X370 Gaming K7 EVGA GTX 980Ti Classified 16 gigs of Corsair Vengeance at 2933MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
256 gig Samsung 850 Pro ssd 2 Terabyte Western Digital drive Lite-On DVD burner Corsair H100i GTX Extreme 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 64 lg-34UM69G-B-ultrawide-monitor Corsair K70 Lux with Cherry MX Red switches and... EVGA 850 watt gold rated fully modular Super Nova 
CaseMouseAudio
Corsair 450 D Corsair M65 Pro Logitech Z506 5.1 surround sound system. 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1502 of 20809
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiSH2oo0 View Post

My pump has this same problem but I have to tap my finger on the pump to get it to start up again thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif I would recommend building your own loop then buying this AIO. I asked for a RMA and the guy acted like it was not my pump that was faulty. Then told me I had to stripe down my computer and send back the whole kit not just the pump/heatsink if the pump was indeed bad. I have tons of time invested in my loop and wire management. The only positive I have with the Swiftech H220 is the PWM splitter definitely not customer service or the Swiftech H220 unit itself.


Edit: I should add why I said customer service also. This is because I sent a email to "Bryan Ramirez, Swiftech Customer Support Team" on 3/25 and still have not heard anything back from Swiftech.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiSH2oo0 View Post

My pump has this same problem but I have to tap my finger on the pump to get it to start up again thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif I would recommend building your own loop then buying this AIO. I asked for a RMA and the guy acted like it was not my pump that was faulty. Then told me I had to stripe down my computer and send back the whole kit not just the pump/heatsink if the pump was indeed bad. I have tons of time invested in my loop and wire management. The only positive I have with the Swiftech H220 is the PWM splitter definitely not customer service or the Swiftech H220 unit itself.


Edit: I should add why I said customer service also. This is because I sent a email to "Bryan Ramirez, Swiftech Customer Support Team" on 3/25 and still have not heard anything back from Swiftech.

Sent you a PM. I really don't know how I might have missed your email. We can make an exception though in your case and just have you send back the pump.
Sanjuro
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 8 core at 3.8 GHz Gigabyte Aorus X370 Gaming K7 EVGA GTX 980Ti Classified 16 gigs of Corsair Vengeance at 2933MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
256 gig Samsung 850 Pro ssd 2 Terabyte Western Digital drive Lite-On DVD burner Corsair H100i GTX Extreme 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 64 lg-34UM69G-B-ultrawide-monitor Corsair K70 Lux with Cherry MX Red switches and... EVGA 850 watt gold rated fully modular Super Nova 
CaseMouseAudio
Corsair 450 D Corsair M65 Pro Logitech Z506 5.1 surround sound system. 
  hide details  
Reply
Sanjuro
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 8 core at 3.8 GHz Gigabyte Aorus X370 Gaming K7 EVGA GTX 980Ti Classified 16 gigs of Corsair Vengeance at 2933MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
256 gig Samsung 850 Pro ssd 2 Terabyte Western Digital drive Lite-On DVD burner Corsair H100i GTX Extreme 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 64 lg-34UM69G-B-ultrawide-monitor Corsair K70 Lux with Cherry MX Red switches and... EVGA 850 watt gold rated fully modular Super Nova 
CaseMouseAudio
Corsair 450 D Corsair M65 Pro Logitech Z506 5.1 surround sound system. 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1503 of 20809
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phishy714 View Post

You might want to take a look at the pics I posted.

Tremendous temp spikes reported on MSI Afterburner. I can also hear the pump rev back up whenever it comes off of the "zero rpm' state. While I can't judge if it ever went to zero, I can judge when its spinning back up really high, so there is an anomaly there for sure. Also the temp spikes are in line with when I get the error messages. Sure enough when I see the 0rpm reading warning, my temps start to go up quite a bit, and then go back down and back up again. Best bet to look at the pics I posted.

Sounds like you have a very similar issue that I had with my pump. Mine is currently in the process of being rma'ed, and the likely cause for my pump is faulty electronics (duty cycle adjustment) within the pump itself.
Gaming pc
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsHard Drive
i7 4770k gigabyte z87x-ud3h evga gtx titan corsair force 3 ssd 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
H220 with extra UT60 120mm Radiator and ek tita... windows 7 home premium Asus VG236 and Asus VH238 Hx750 
Case
nzxt phantom 410 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming pc
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsHard Drive
i7 4770k gigabyte z87x-ud3h evga gtx titan corsair force 3 ssd 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
H220 with extra UT60 120mm Radiator and ek tita... windows 7 home premium Asus VG236 and Asus VH238 Hx750 
Case
nzxt phantom 410 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1504 of 20809
Were any design changes/fixes made to the new kits that are going out to MC and Newegg this week?

I realize that this is a forum, and therefore more problems than successes will always be posted, so what is the real failure rate for these kits? Are the vast majority of them problem-free?
post #1505 of 20809
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by paleh0rse14 View Post

Were any design changes/fixes made to the new kits that are going out to MC and Newegg this week?

I realize that this is a forum, and therefore more problems than successes will always be posted, so what is the real failure rate for these kits? Are the vast majority of them problem-free?

There are couple main issues they had in the initial production run but both are remedied moving forward. Gabe and the guys at Swiftech intercepted, flushed, and refilled ALL THE UNITS DUE FOR NEWEGG AND MICROCENTER (btw not shouting just emphasizing) and Gabe either left or is about to leave to Shen Zen to make sure the issue of contaminents in the fluid doesn't happen again (among other things), and in future shipments (but not the one for Newegg and Microcenter), the included PWM splitter will have a SATA connection rather than a Molex.
Red Rover
(25 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel i5 2550K Asus Maximus V Gene XFX 6950 reference Avexir CORE series red LED 16 GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 120 GB SSD WD Blue 2.5" ASUS DVD-RW Win7 Ultimate 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Acer 23' LED LCD 5ms monitor Acer 23' LED LCD 5ms monitor Cooler Master Storm Trigger XFX 750w  
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NZXT Phantom Full Tower in White/Red Logitech G600 generic red/white/black mouse pad Sony 520w stereo 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Bitfenix single-sleeved cable extensions Red Swiftech MCR420-QP Swiftech MCR420-QP Swiftech Apogee Drive II 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Swiftech Maelsrtom EK FC6970 waterblock NZXT FS200 (x5) NZXT FX120 (x1) 
Other
XSPC Xinrulian 120mm (x8) 
  hide details  
Reply
Red Rover
(25 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel i5 2550K Asus Maximus V Gene XFX 6950 reference Avexir CORE series red LED 16 GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 120 GB SSD WD Blue 2.5" ASUS DVD-RW Win7 Ultimate 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Acer 23' LED LCD 5ms monitor Acer 23' LED LCD 5ms monitor Cooler Master Storm Trigger XFX 750w  
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NZXT Phantom Full Tower in White/Red Logitech G600 generic red/white/black mouse pad Sony 520w stereo 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Bitfenix single-sleeved cable extensions Red Swiftech MCR420-QP Swiftech MCR420-QP Swiftech Apogee Drive II 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Swiftech Maelsrtom EK FC6970 waterblock NZXT FS200 (x5) NZXT FX120 (x1) 
Other
XSPC Xinrulian 120mm (x8) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1506 of 20809
Quote:
Originally Posted by paleh0rse14 View Post

Were any design changes/fixes made to the new kits that are going out to MC and Newegg this week?

I realize that this is a forum, and therefore more problems than successes will always be posted, so what is the real failure rate for these kits? Are the vast majority of them problem-free?
Only Swiftech can answer that, unfortunately. Judging by the number of problems reported here by people who started posting before they ever received their units, I would guess that the problem rate was pretty high. Gabe said that 70% of the units they received back were disabled due to contaminants jamming the pump impellers. Seems that at least some of the remaining 30% are down to PCB and/or wiring issues.
post #1507 of 20809
It is unfortunate. Hopefully they can improve upon the design as time goes on. This is their first in house designed and manufactured pump. Early adopters always get it the hardest. redface.gif
 
Work Rig
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2700k @ 4.5GHz  Asus P8Z68-V/Gen3 Asus GTX 1070 Strix OC G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Crucial M4 128GB + 1TB F3 + Crucial M500 256GB Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 Pro Cooler Master Novatouch TKL 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Cooler Master V1000 600T SE Roccat Kone XTD Steel Series 9HD 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 Rampage III Gene 2x EVGA GTX 680 SLI 24gb HyperX 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
960GB Crucial M500 Intel Stock Windows 7 64bit Enterprise HP ZR2440w + Z24i 
KeyboardPowerCase
Ducky Brown Antec TP-750 Antec Sonata 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Work Rig
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2700k @ 4.5GHz  Asus P8Z68-V/Gen3 Asus GTX 1070 Strix OC G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Crucial M4 128GB + 1TB F3 + Crucial M500 256GB Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 Pro Cooler Master Novatouch TKL 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Cooler Master V1000 600T SE Roccat Kone XTD Steel Series 9HD 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 Rampage III Gene 2x EVGA GTX 680 SLI 24gb HyperX 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
960GB Crucial M500 Intel Stock Windows 7 64bit Enterprise HP ZR2440w + Z24i 
KeyboardPowerCase
Ducky Brown Antec TP-750 Antec Sonata 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1508 of 20809
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamMT View Post

Only Swiftech can answer that, unfortunately. Judging by the number of problems reported here by people who started posting before they ever received their units, I would guess that the problem rate was pretty high. Gabe said that 70% of the units they received back were disabled due to contaminants jamming the pump impellers. Seems that at least some of the remaining 30% are down to PCB and/or wiring issues.

30% of what's probably a 6-7% failure rate is only about 2% of the units, which is pretty fair and can be accounted to normal manufacturing discrepencies.
Red Rover
(25 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel i5 2550K Asus Maximus V Gene XFX 6950 reference Avexir CORE series red LED 16 GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 120 GB SSD WD Blue 2.5" ASUS DVD-RW Win7 Ultimate 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Acer 23' LED LCD 5ms monitor Acer 23' LED LCD 5ms monitor Cooler Master Storm Trigger XFX 750w  
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NZXT Phantom Full Tower in White/Red Logitech G600 generic red/white/black mouse pad Sony 520w stereo 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Bitfenix single-sleeved cable extensions Red Swiftech MCR420-QP Swiftech MCR420-QP Swiftech Apogee Drive II 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Swiftech Maelsrtom EK FC6970 waterblock NZXT FS200 (x5) NZXT FX120 (x1) 
Other
XSPC Xinrulian 120mm (x8) 
  hide details  
Reply
Red Rover
(25 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel i5 2550K Asus Maximus V Gene XFX 6950 reference Avexir CORE series red LED 16 GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 120 GB SSD WD Blue 2.5" ASUS DVD-RW Win7 Ultimate 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Acer 23' LED LCD 5ms monitor Acer 23' LED LCD 5ms monitor Cooler Master Storm Trigger XFX 750w  
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NZXT Phantom Full Tower in White/Red Logitech G600 generic red/white/black mouse pad Sony 520w stereo 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Bitfenix single-sleeved cable extensions Red Swiftech MCR420-QP Swiftech MCR420-QP Swiftech Apogee Drive II 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Swiftech Maelsrtom EK FC6970 waterblock NZXT FS200 (x5) NZXT FX120 (x1) 
Other
XSPC Xinrulian 120mm (x8) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1509 of 20809
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phelan View Post

30% of what's probably a 6-7% failure rate is only about 2% of the units, which is pretty fair and can be accounted to normal manufacturing discrepencies.


noooo the pump is horrable no one buy them you never know what your going to get. everyone do a return. (sarcasm) tongue.gif

seriously i hate when people start saying this crap. really!!! you out of 100's of units is bad so that makes the product unbuyable. i mean come on. its that way with every electronic devise you buy. and to boot this is brand new so yes there are going to be a few bad apples to which they learn from and make it a better product.
have patience people. these guys have an awesome customer service and are bending over backwards for everyone. thumb.gif
circeseye
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
fx- 8350 ASUS M5A99X EVO powercolor R9 380 4 gig  x G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Plextor PX-64M5M Samsung 840 LG Black 12X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R 12X DVD-RA... air for now 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 10 Pro 73in mitsubishi 3d dlp PSFY mechanical led gaming keyboard Rosewill Xtreme Series RX750-S-B 
CaseMouseAudio
CoolerMaster hav-xb Perixx gaming mouse onboard w/ rca 800watt 7.1 surround 
  hide details  
Reply
circeseye
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
fx- 8350 ASUS M5A99X EVO powercolor R9 380 4 gig  x G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Plextor PX-64M5M Samsung 840 LG Black 12X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R 12X DVD-RA... air for now 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 10 Pro 73in mitsubishi 3d dlp PSFY mechanical led gaming keyboard Rosewill Xtreme Series RX750-S-B 
CaseMouseAudio
CoolerMaster hav-xb Perixx gaming mouse onboard w/ rca 800watt 7.1 surround 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1510 of 20809
Quote:
Originally Posted by circeseye View Post

noooo the pump is horrable no one buy them you never know what your going to get. everyone do a return. (sarcasm) tongue.gif

seriously i hate when people start saying this crap. really!!! you out of 100's of units is bad so that makes the product unbuyable. i mean come on. its that way with every electronic devise you buy. and to boot this is brand new so yes there are going to be a few bad apples to which they learn from and make it a better product.
have patience people. these guys have an awesome customer service and are bending over backwards for everyone. thumb.gif
I agree with everything you said there -- especially the part about their awesome service and good intentions. I'm just trying to get a feel for the quality control s compared to DIY options.

I'm also glad to hear that they're personally testing/flushing every unit before forwarding them on to the retailers. That bodes very well for the new batch!

If you can't tell, I suffer from a touch of engineering OCD when I do anything. You should see the research and spreadsheets I've created for all my other rigs, my mountain bike, and my customized Jeep Wrangler... lol
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Swiftech H220/H320/H220X/H240X/H140X and CM Glacer 240L/360L Owners' Club