Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Swiftech H220/H320/H220X/H240X/H140X and CM Glacer 240L/360L Owners' Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Swiftech H220/H320/H220X/H240X/H140X and CM Glacer 240L/360L Owners' Club - Page 1740

post #17391 of 20809
In practice orientation does matter as numerous cpu block tests shown. Difference is 1-2 degrees tho. You have some good ones on ocn as well. If i recall well apogee xl does perform a bit better in goofy orientation.
post #17392 of 20809
It has a crosspin matrix in the cold plate, so orientation doesn't do as much as blocks with parallel microchannels in them.
post #17393 of 20809
Quote:
Originally Posted by geggeg View Post

It has a crosspin matrix in the cold plate, so orientation doesn't do as much as blocks with parallel microchannels in them.
Thanks for the response everyone..
This is what I thought, I remember some blocks required a certain orientation to be effective.
z97 RIG
(15 items)
 
Apophis
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790k MSI z97 Gaming 7 Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 G Skill Ares 16gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial MX100 256gb Seagate Barracuda 2tb Corsair H70 Windows 7 Pro 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
AOC 24 inch 144hz  Razer Blackwidow chroma EVGA 850 G Silient Corsair Air 540 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Deathadder Chroma Generic On-board Audio 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i7 920 D0@ 4.2 1.25625 vcore EVGA Classified 760 EVGA GTX 470 SC+ EVGA GTX 470 SC+ 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair Dominator GT 1866 3x2 gbs 1TB Samsung Spinpoint Lite-On DVD drive EK Supreme LTX Water Block 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK EVGA Classified Full Motherboard Block EK GTX 470 Acetal/Copper Water Block EK GTX 470 Acetal/Copper Water Block Winows 7 PRO 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung ToC 24" Razer Black Widow Seasonic Platinum 1000 watt CoolerMaster HAF 932 
Mouse
Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
z97 RIG
(15 items)
 
Apophis
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790k MSI z97 Gaming 7 Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 G Skill Ares 16gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial MX100 256gb Seagate Barracuda 2tb Corsair H70 Windows 7 Pro 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
AOC 24 inch 144hz  Razer Blackwidow chroma EVGA 850 G Silient Corsair Air 540 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Deathadder Chroma Generic On-board Audio 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i7 920 D0@ 4.2 1.25625 vcore EVGA Classified 760 EVGA GTX 470 SC+ EVGA GTX 470 SC+ 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair Dominator GT 1866 3x2 gbs 1TB Samsung Spinpoint Lite-On DVD drive EK Supreme LTX Water Block 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK EVGA Classified Full Motherboard Block EK GTX 470 Acetal/Copper Water Block EK GTX 470 Acetal/Copper Water Block Winows 7 PRO 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung ToC 24" Razer Black Widow Seasonic Platinum 1000 watt CoolerMaster HAF 932 
Mouse
Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17394 of 20809
Hi all,

The pump in my h100i is starting to make too much noise and Amazon offers me refund, so Im looking for a new cooler. And a H220x or h240x could be an option. Im a silence freak and I have some doubts:

- How noisy are pum and fans? Im specially worried about pump. Is it noisy? Do you have to adjust the speed to make it silent?
- Ive read that its not uncommon that the pump dies after some use. Is it a common problem or rather unusual?

Thanks a lot for your help
post #17395 of 20809
Quote:
Originally Posted by reset1101 View Post

Hi all,

The pump in my h100i is starting to make too much noise and Amazon offers me refund, so Im looking for a new cooler. And a H220x or h240x could be an option. Im a silence freak and I have some doubts:

- How noisy are pum and fans? Im specially worried about pump. Is it noisy? Do you have to adjust the speed to make it silent?
- Ive read that its not uncommon that the pump dies after some use. Is it a common problem or rather unusual?

Thanks a lot for your help

If silence is your concern, there is no comparison between these two. The Swiftech pump is noticeably quieter than any of the pumps ever used by Corsair. However, the huge difference is going to be in fan noise for like performance....or in greatly increased performance at like noise levels - depending on which way you care to look at it.

Since the Swiftech uses far better components all around, it doesn't require insane amounts of airflow like a Corsair. The Swiftech features a pump that that moves over 4x the liquid of a Corsair and a much better CPU block, and a far more efficient radiator design made from materials that dissipate far more heat than the aluminum your are used to. This allows the Swiftech to outperform the Corsair while still staying ~15-20 dB quieter.

As far as the pump, there were issues with the H220. That is not the pump that is in the H220-X or H240-X. The pump included in these has an outstanding track record and an incredibly low failure rate.
post #17396 of 20809
Quote:
Originally Posted by geggeg View Post

It has a crosspin matrix in the cold plate, so orientation doesn't do as much as blocks with parallel microchannels in them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1ral View Post

Thanks for the response everyone..
This is what I thought, I remember some blocks required a certain orientation to be effective.

Not exactly crosspin, I think. it's got rows of small fins in parallel. pin matrix reminds me of those old staggered grid pin waterblocks.

Apogee XL coldplate:


I never gave it much thought, my guestimate was heat rises so intake on inlet on bottom and outlet on top. Curious though about someone who said horizontal was performing better O.o

speaking of the XL, during cleaning I couldn't help but notice how small the entrance and exit ports are, they're about 1/4" ID with very shallow space below the screw threads. That's gotta restrict something if using different fittings (stock 45° and 90° fittings on these units have a similar size ID in the rotary). Though probably negligible once everything is added up. Not nearly as bad as those old water jet blocks (apogee GT i think?). Anyways It was bugging me so dremeled down and smoothed the flow entrance/exit paths. warranty successfully voided tongue.gif
Edited by s74r1 - 10/25/15 at 11:25am
Cygni
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4790k 4.7GHz delid w/ CLU Asus Maximus VII Formula GeForce GTX 1080 FE w/ fullcover block 32GB (4x8GB) G.Skill TridentX 2400MHz CL10 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 950 Pro 512GB NVMe M.2 Sandisk X400 1TB mSATA SSD Custom Liquid Cooling Loop Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer Predator X34 34" IPS/G-Sync Curved UltraWi... Logitech G910 Orion Spark Mechanical RGB Gaming... EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 w/ Noctua NF-P14s Redux Lian-Li Armorsuit PC-P50R w/ W-LM2AB-1 side pan... 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum Logitech G240 Cloth Gaming Pad HDMI->Custom 7.1 Home Theater Sony Dualshock 4 Controller 
OtherOther
Intel I210T1 Ethernet Server Adapter Intel Wireless-AC/Bluetooth 7260 Network Adapter 
  hide details  
Reply
Cygni
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4790k 4.7GHz delid w/ CLU Asus Maximus VII Formula GeForce GTX 1080 FE w/ fullcover block 32GB (4x8GB) G.Skill TridentX 2400MHz CL10 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 950 Pro 512GB NVMe M.2 Sandisk X400 1TB mSATA SSD Custom Liquid Cooling Loop Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer Predator X34 34" IPS/G-Sync Curved UltraWi... Logitech G910 Orion Spark Mechanical RGB Gaming... EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 w/ Noctua NF-P14s Redux Lian-Li Armorsuit PC-P50R w/ W-LM2AB-1 side pan... 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum Logitech G240 Cloth Gaming Pad HDMI->Custom 7.1 Home Theater Sony Dualshock 4 Controller 
OtherOther
Intel I210T1 Ethernet Server Adapter Intel Wireless-AC/Bluetooth 7260 Network Adapter 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17397 of 20809
Has anyone done a guide on switching out the tubing and adding a GPU waterblock on the H220-X.

So far my parts list is the H220X

http://www.swiftech.com/G1/4-ADAPTER.aspx
X1

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/22421/ex-tub-2517/Bitspower_Enhanced_Dual_Multi-Link_Adapter_-_12mm_OD_Rigid_Tube_-_Matte_Black_BP-MBEDML.html?tl=g30c703s2263
X6

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/24287/ex-liq-387/Mayhems_Aurora_2_Coolant_Premix_-_1L_-_Tharsis_Red_.html?tl=g30c337s1809
X1

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/25284/ex-tub-3406/Bitspower_Crystal_Link_Tube_12mm_OD_-_1000mm_3937_BP-NCCLT12AC-L1000.html?tl=g30c633s2057
X1

I have to do more research to find which waterblock will fit my XFX R9 390 I believe EK has some that will fit.

The question I had is how does this parts list look is everything compatible? Also another issue is with me having the AIO in the front the drain is pointing down. Should I shoot off a tube with a some kind of valve on it to FIll and Drain, or should I add another resivour? This will be my first watercooling experience, but I have been a craftsman for 10 years professionally and am sure I can handle the technical side of building it. Build in SIG.

Any help is appreciated, thank you.
Nebula
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6600k z170x gaming 7 xfx r9 390 crucial ballistix sport ddr4 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
barracuda 7200 Intel SSD 535 240GB swiftech h220-x windows 10 
Case
nzxt s340 
  hide details  
Reply
Nebula
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6600k z170x gaming 7 xfx r9 390 crucial ballistix sport ddr4 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
barracuda 7200 Intel SSD 535 240GB swiftech h220-x windows 10 
Case
nzxt s340 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17398 of 20809
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael-ocn View Post

coffee filters work well for cleaning old tim
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciarlatano View Post

If silence is your concern, there is no comparison between these two. The Swiftech pump is noticeably quieter than any of the pumps ever used by Corsair. However, the huge difference is going to be in fan noise for like performance....or in greatly increased performance at like noise levels - depending on which way you care to look at it.

Since the Swiftech uses far better components all around, it doesn't require insane amounts of airflow like a Corsair. The Swiftech features a pump that that moves over 4x the liquid of a Corsair and a much better CPU block, and a far more efficient radiator design made from materials that dissipate far more heat than the aluminum your are used to. This allows the Swiftech to outperform the Corsair while still staying ~15-20 dB quieter.

As far as the pump, there were issues with the H220. That is not the pump that is in the H220-X or H240-X. The pump included in these has an outstanding track record and an incredibly low failure rate.

I ordered the Cooler master clone of the h220 before I realized it was the rev1 not the rev2, how hoes the pump compare to the eisberg 240 rev2 pump?
FX Klasse
(25 items)
 
Warrior King
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX 8350 SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 MSI R9 290X Lightning MSI R9 290X Lightning 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
Corsair  Corsair  g.skill sniper gaming series 16gb 2400mhz ddr3 WD 1 TB  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
WD 320 GB OCZ vertex 3 64GB Samsung 840 Pro 128GB Seagate 250 GB  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial MX300 525 GB Samsung SH-S223L Cooler Master Glacer 240l Windows 8.1 Pro N 64 bit 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit AOC 2462w Lenovo L2261wA Razer Lycosa 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Antec HCG 750 Rosewill Future corsair vengeance m65 Turtle Beach Montego DDL 
Other
Altec Lansing ADA 995 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5775c Asus Z97 Deluxe Iris Pro 6200 G. Skill Trident X 2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD Blue 320 Crucial MX300 525GB Cooler master hyper 212 Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
AOC 24 Steelseries Apex 350 Antec truepower trio 550w Corsair M65 
Mouse Pad
AMD Red Team Swag 
  hide details  
Reply
FX Klasse
(25 items)
 
Warrior King
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX 8350 SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 MSI R9 290X Lightning MSI R9 290X Lightning 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
Corsair  Corsair  g.skill sniper gaming series 16gb 2400mhz ddr3 WD 1 TB  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
WD 320 GB OCZ vertex 3 64GB Samsung 840 Pro 128GB Seagate 250 GB  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial MX300 525 GB Samsung SH-S223L Cooler Master Glacer 240l Windows 8.1 Pro N 64 bit 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit AOC 2462w Lenovo L2261wA Razer Lycosa 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Antec HCG 750 Rosewill Future corsair vengeance m65 Turtle Beach Montego DDL 
Other
Altec Lansing ADA 995 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5775c Asus Z97 Deluxe Iris Pro 6200 G. Skill Trident X 2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD Blue 320 Crucial MX300 525GB Cooler master hyper 212 Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
AOC 24 Steelseries Apex 350 Antec truepower trio 550w Corsair M65 
Mouse Pad
AMD Red Team Swag 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17399 of 20809
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazookatooths View Post

Has anyone done a guide on switching out the tubing and adding a GPU waterblock on the H220-X.

So far my parts list is the H220X

http://www.swiftech.com/G1/4-ADAPTER.aspx
X1

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/22421/ex-tub-2517/Bitspower_Enhanced_Dual_Multi-Link_Adapter_-_12mm_OD_Rigid_Tube_-_Matte_Black_BP-MBEDML.html?tl=g30c703s2263
X6

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/24287/ex-liq-387/Mayhems_Aurora_2_Coolant_Premix_-_1L_-_Tharsis_Red_.html?tl=g30c337s1809
X1

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/25284/ex-tub-3406/Bitspower_Crystal_Link_Tube_12mm_OD_-_1000mm_3937_BP-NCCLT12AC-L1000.html?tl=g30c633s2057
X1

I have to do more research to find which waterblock will fit my XFX R9 390 I believe EK has some that will fit.

The question I had is how does this parts list look is everything compatible? Also another issue is with me having the AIO in the front the drain is pointing down. Should I shoot off a tube with a some kind of valve on it to FIll and Drain, or should I add another resivour? This will be my first watercooling experience, but I have been a craftsman for 10 years professionally and am sure I can handle the technical side of building it. Build in SIG.

Any help is appreciated, thank you.

I added a gpu block and rad to my H220-X all the fittings are G1/4 except the outlet on the pump, make sure and get the adapter if you want full hard tubing. http://www.swiftech.com/G1/4-ADAPTER.aspx
ncase m1
(14 items)
 
 
Evol-itx
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-8700K Coffee Lake 6-Core Gigabyte Z370N WIFI PNY GeForce GTX 980 4GB GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0  CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
MyDigitalSSD 120GB M.2 SSD OCZ Saber 1000 960GB be quiet! DARK ROCK TF Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VG248QE Black 24" Gaming Monitor Logitech G105 CORSAIR SF600 600W SFX 80 PLUS GOLD Ncase M1 
MouseAudio
Logitech G402 Steelseries Siberia v2 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i3-7100 Kaby Lake ASUS ROG Strix B250I Gaming Ballistix Sport LT DDR4 2400 Samsung 128GB SM951 M.2 SSD 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
WD 2TB Blue WD 2TB Blue WD 3TB Green WD 3TB Green 
CoolingOSPowerCase
Rosewill 92mm Tower Cooler Windows 10 Pro CORSAIR SF450 SFX Raijintek Metis Classic Silver 
Other
ORICO Aluminum 2-bay 3.5 inch USB3.0 and eSATA ... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-4690k Haswell EVGA Z97 Stinger Wi-Fi MSI GTX 970 4GD5T OC GeForce GTX 970  G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Kingston SSDNow V300 Series SAMSUNG Spinpoint M9T Swiftech H220-X Bitspower VG-NGTX970MG Acrylic Top With Stainle... 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Black Ice Pro 240mm Radiator Windows 8.1 Pro ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz 1ms Logitech G105 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNOVA 550 G2 Phanteks Enthoo Evolv iTX Logitech G402 
  hide details  
Reply
ncase m1
(14 items)
 
 
Evol-itx
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-8700K Coffee Lake 6-Core Gigabyte Z370N WIFI PNY GeForce GTX 980 4GB GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0  CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
MyDigitalSSD 120GB M.2 SSD OCZ Saber 1000 960GB be quiet! DARK ROCK TF Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VG248QE Black 24" Gaming Monitor Logitech G105 CORSAIR SF600 600W SFX 80 PLUS GOLD Ncase M1 
MouseAudio
Logitech G402 Steelseries Siberia v2 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i3-7100 Kaby Lake ASUS ROG Strix B250I Gaming Ballistix Sport LT DDR4 2400 Samsung 128GB SM951 M.2 SSD 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
WD 2TB Blue WD 2TB Blue WD 3TB Green WD 3TB Green 
CoolingOSPowerCase
Rosewill 92mm Tower Cooler Windows 10 Pro CORSAIR SF450 SFX Raijintek Metis Classic Silver 
Other
ORICO Aluminum 2-bay 3.5 inch USB3.0 and eSATA ... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-4690k Haswell EVGA Z97 Stinger Wi-Fi MSI GTX 970 4GD5T OC GeForce GTX 970  G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Kingston SSDNow V300 Series SAMSUNG Spinpoint M9T Swiftech H220-X Bitspower VG-NGTX970MG Acrylic Top With Stainle... 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Black Ice Pro 240mm Radiator Windows 8.1 Pro ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz 1ms Logitech G105 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNOVA 550 G2 Phanteks Enthoo Evolv iTX Logitech G402 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17400 of 20809
so finally got my hands on an h240x and installed it and expanded it--pretty happy with the results






New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Swiftech H220/H320/H220X/H240X/H140X and CM Glacer 240L/360L Owners' Club