Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Swiftech H220/H320/H220X/H240X/H140X and CM Glacer 240L/360L Owners' Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Swiftech H220/H320/H220X/H240X/H140X and CM Glacer 240L/360L Owners' Club - Page 1823

post #18221 of 20767
Thanks mate...yes you have to get the adapter from eBay. Tubing is standard 1/2" ID 5/8" OD. Fittings are primochill rigid compressions. Rotary 90 degree fittings are EK.

Pump is pretty powerful, and my cpu and gpu are well wishing operating temps during 4K gaming.
Cypher
(5 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsCooling
7700K Asus Strix Z270G EVGA GTX 1080 FTW EK Watercooled 
Case
Lian Li PC-O6S 
  hide details  
Reply
Cypher
(5 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsCooling
7700K Asus Strix Z270G EVGA GTX 1080 FTW EK Watercooled 
Case
Lian Li PC-O6S 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18222 of 20767
Quote:
Originally Posted by FXformat View Post

Thanks mate...yes you have to get the adapter from eBay. Tubing is standard 1/2" ID 5/8" OD. Fittings are primochill rigid compressions. Rotary 90 degree fittings are EK.

Pump is pretty powerful, and my cpu and gpu are well wishing operating temps during 4K gaming.
thx man, how did you fill up the loop? did u have to put the case sideway?
My system
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5820K 6core Asus X99-A Asus GTX 970 4x4 16g DDR4 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2 x WD 500Gb Caviar Black Raid 0 LG DVD Burner Swiftech H240X Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell 30" U3014 Monitor Logitech G910 Enermax Galaxy DXX 850W NZXT Switch 810 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G502 Roccat Sense 
  hide details  
Reply
My system
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5820K 6core Asus X99-A Asus GTX 970 4x4 16g DDR4 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2 x WD 500Gb Caviar Black Raid 0 LG DVD Burner Swiftech H240X Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell 30" U3014 Monitor Logitech G910 Enermax Galaxy DXX 850W NZXT Switch 810 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G502 Roccat Sense 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18223 of 20767
Quote:
Originally Posted by jincuteguy View Post

I don't believe that the H240X is 10C better than the Corsair H110i GT, they should be the same or within 1-3c degree of each other.
Well , I can fully understand your scepticism, but I have no reason to make it up . I used same app to measure temps ( core temp ) . Running Prime 95 , my temps went from highest at 82 Deg C , down to 72 with swiftech . Perhaps my H110 was not performing as it should , but they are my numbers .
post #18224 of 20767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick-F View Post

Well , I can fully understand your scepticism, but I have no reason to make it up . I used same app to measure temps ( core temp ) . Running Prime 95 , my temps went from highest at 82 Deg C , down to 72 with swiftech . Perhaps my H110 was not performing as it should , but they are my numbers .
Note 'perhaps' at all. Something is definitely not as it should be. 'Perhaps' if you had given some indication that 10c seems extreme the replies would not have been so 'skeptical'. wink.gif
post #18225 of 20767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick-F View Post

Well , I can fully understand your scepticism, but I have no reason to make it up . I used same app to measure temps ( core temp ) . Running Prime 95 , my temps went from highest at 82 Deg C , down to 72 with swiftech . Perhaps my H110 was not performing as it should , but they are my numbers .
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyll View Post

Note 'perhaps' at all. Something is definitely not as it should be. 'Perhaps' if you had given some indication that 10c seems extreme the replies would not have been so 'skeptical'. wink.gif

As someone who has tested the two a number of times, I'm not skeptical at all. There are a number of circumstances that this would be the norm - most notably keeping the H110i GT at a noise level tolerable enough to stay in the same room with.

What system are you running? CPU, MB, GPU, case?
post #18226 of 20767
i7 5820@ 4.3 GHz ( 1.2 v ) Sabertooth , evga gtx 980 Ti hybrid , Corsair Air 540 , 2x120 intake front panel with hybrid rad at bottom , intake as well , swiftech at top exhausting , 140 at rear exhausting
post #18227 of 20767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick-F View Post

i7 5820@ 4.3 GHz ( 1.2 v ) Sabertooth , evga gtx 980 Ti hybrid , Corsair Air 540 , 2x120 intake front panel with hybrid rad at bottom , intake as well , swiftech at top exhausting , 140 at rear exhausting

A 10 degree difference in P95 with that setup is completely believable depending on how the H110i GT and your current fan curves are set. I was getting about a 7-8 degree difference at similar noise levels on a 4770K, and one would expect that would increase on an X99 which has better heat transfer.
post #18228 of 20767
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciarlatano View Post

A 10 degree difference in P95 with that setup is completely believable depending on how the H110i GT and your current fan curves are set. I was getting about a 7-8 degree difference at similar noise levels on a 4770K, and one would expect that would increase on an X99 which has better heat transfer.
I have ALL fans running from the PWM header that came with the unit , my H110i GT I used the corsair link , tried so many different variations of fan settings , that's why I tried out the seiftech , sooo pleased I did . I am going to start customising this week .
post #18229 of 20767
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciarlatano View Post


As someone who has tested the two a number of times, I'm not skeptical at all. There are a number of circumstances that this would be the norm - most notably keeping the H110i GT at a noise level tolerable enough to stay in the same room with.

What system are you running? CPU, MB, GPU, case?
Sorry, should have said not as it should be if both are running a maximum capacity. You are correct, it is not just possible but probable at same or similar noise levels.
post #18230 of 20767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick-F View Post

I have ALL fans running from the PWM header that came with the unit , my H110i GT I used the corsair link , tried so many different variations of fan settings , that's why I tried out the seiftech , sooo pleased I did . I am going to start customising this week .
The beauty of a quality product with components that have ability to be changed and/or expanded upon. thumb.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Swiftech H220/H320/H220X/H240X/H140X and CM Glacer 240L/360L Owners' Club