Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Swiftech H220/H320/H220X/H240X/H140X and CM Glacer 240L/360L Owners' Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Swiftech H220/H320/H220X/H240X/H140X and CM Glacer 240L/360L Owners' Club - Page 2059

post #20581 of 20643
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnemo_05 View Post

so my rig just arrived and I am on the process of assembling this beautiful beast.. using a 7700K, what temps should I expect when I use it with my H200-X2?

I will OC to atleast 4.7Ghz with an little voltage adjustment as possible. Thanks!

H220x2...

I have the H220x2 and ran an i7-7700 for a bit.

At 4.7 and above, idle temps will hit between 29-32C depending on how aggressive you are with your BIOS, pump and fan settings. Stock [Auto] Motherboard settings are often high for VCore and that can raise heat levels. You shouldn't see much above 80C at 4.7 unless bench testing the CPU, in which case, you'll be at and over 80C much of the time. If you plan to go over 4.85GHz, you'll want to add more cooling for benching or heavy computational work, but average use and gaming should be ok. From my experience, the i7-7700 is a warm chip at all speeds and can get damn hot over 4.8GHz. Runs Windows like a demon, though, and the interface speed is easy to get used to.

XTU can give you a good idea of what to expect from moderate all-around work. XTU settings are never optimal for any one purpose, but can serve to help you zero in on your PC's sweet spots for performance/stability. Once you're done with XTU, be sure to disable/manual its engine in Services. It likes to set itself to autostart like 3Dmark's Futuremark.

Just my experience. YMMV
The Beagle Box
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 6700K MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Gaming X 8GB Corsair Vengeance Series 16GB 4 X4GB DDR4-3000 ... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung SSD 960 EVO Samsung SSD 850 EVO Swiftech 220X2  Black Ice Nemesis 240 GTX radiator 
OSPowerCase
Microsoft Windows 10 Home EVGA 850 GQ Corsair Vengeance C70 
  hide details  
Reply
The Beagle Box
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 6700K MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Gaming X 8GB Corsair Vengeance Series 16GB 4 X4GB DDR4-3000 ... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung SSD 960 EVO Samsung SSD 850 EVO Swiftech 220X2  Black Ice Nemesis 240 GTX radiator 
OSPowerCase
Microsoft Windows 10 Home EVGA 850 GQ Corsair Vengeance C70 
  hide details  
Reply
post #20582 of 20643
^Thanks!

I am considering delidding my 7700k but for now I will keep it as it is. Still not done putting my rig together, squeezing a h220-x2 and a h75 in a fractal core 500 is no joke. And the hard to manage cables of my corsair 600w sfx is not helping either lmao!

Here she is, trying to bleed out before installation, I dont see any point using the free dye, my case do not have any window anyway. Unless I pull out the dremel, hmm.. maybe next time.


Any fan controller recommendation? Im torn whether I go with a Lamptron FC series or the NZXT Grid+ V2. I need to control at least 5 fans(3 x 120 GTs and 2 x 92mm slim noctuas)
Edited by mnemo_05 - 4/17/17 at 10:20pm
ProjeX 2.0
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
7700K Asrock Z270 Gaming ITX Zotac 980 Ti Amp Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Intel 520 Swiftech H220 X2 NZXT G10 kraken Corsair H75 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 10 Pro Benq XL2411Z Corsair SF600 Fractal Design Core 500 
Audio
HD650 
  hide details  
Reply
ProjeX 2.0
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
7700K Asrock Z270 Gaming ITX Zotac 980 Ti Amp Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Intel 520 Swiftech H220 X2 NZXT G10 kraken Corsair H75 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 10 Pro Benq XL2411Z Corsair SF600 Fractal Design Core 500 
Audio
HD650 
  hide details  
Reply
post #20583 of 20643
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnemo_05 View Post

^Thanks!

I am considering delidding my 7700k but for now I will keep it as it is. Still not done putting my rig together, squeezing a h220-x2 and a h75 in a fractal core 500 is no joke. And the hard to manage cables of my corsair 600w sfx is not helping either lmao!

Here she is, trying to bleed out before installation, I dont see any point using the free dye, my case do not have any window anyway. Unless I pull out the dremel, hmm.. maybe next time.


Any fan controller recommendation? Im torn whether I go with a Lamptron FC series or the NZXT Grid+ V2. I need to control at least 5 fans(3 x 120 GTs and 2 x 92mm slim noctuas)

Why not get rid of the H75 and buy a GPU block? Simplifies your install, improves performance and lowers noise. What you are doing is a bit like having two tons of gravel to move, putting 500 pounds in a dump truck capable of three tons, and trying to load the rest in the back of a 1974 Ford Pinto that won't fit in the loading area along with the truck. It really makes no sense.
Edited by ciarlatano - 4/19/17 at 3:49pm
post #20584 of 20643
^not a fan of gpu blocks and custom loops, too much work. from assemby to leak test to filling up and maintenance too. or maybe im just lazy or scared to do it, lmao

18033086_10156251265235620_5008724427011560342_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=c16b34ea44cf3b70382892b4caa639dc&oe=598083C7
17951854_10156251264770620_4518673666691587058_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=91a5667f5b1b08579bfafee59be6a7e6&oe=5999B67C

well they do fit nicely smile.gif
ProjeX 2.0
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
7700K Asrock Z270 Gaming ITX Zotac 980 Ti Amp Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Intel 520 Swiftech H220 X2 NZXT G10 kraken Corsair H75 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 10 Pro Benq XL2411Z Corsair SF600 Fractal Design Core 500 
Audio
HD650 
  hide details  
Reply
ProjeX 2.0
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
7700K Asrock Z270 Gaming ITX Zotac 980 Ti Amp Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Intel 520 Swiftech H220 X2 NZXT G10 kraken Corsair H75 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 10 Pro Benq XL2411Z Corsair SF600 Fractal Design Core 500 
Audio
HD650 
  hide details  
Reply
post #20585 of 20643
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnemo_05 View Post

^not a fan of gpu blocks and custom loops, too much work. from assemby to leak test to filling up and maintenance too. or maybe im just lazy or scared to do it, lmao

18033086_10156251265235620_5008724427011560342_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=c16b34ea44cf3b70382892b4caa639dc&oe=598083C7
17951854_10156251264770620_4518673666691587058_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=91a5667f5b1b08579bfafee59be6a7e6&oe=5999B67C

well they do fit nicely smile.gif

The building and the too much work stages are the most exciting stages of the whole custom watercooling idea smile.gif
post #20586 of 20643
Is that block out on the market yet?
z97 RIG
(15 items)
 
Apophis
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790k MSI z97 Gaming 7 Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 G Skill Ares 16gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial MX100 256gb Seagate Barracuda 2tb Corsair H70 Windows 7 Pro 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
AOC 24 inch 144hz  Razer Blackwidow chroma EVGA 850 G Silient Corsair Air 540 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Deathadder Chroma Generic On-board Audio 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i7 920 D0@ 4.2 1.25625 vcore EVGA Classified 760 EVGA GTX 470 SC+ EVGA GTX 470 SC+ 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair Dominator GT 1866 3x2 gbs 1TB Samsung Spinpoint Lite-On DVD drive EK Supreme LTX Water Block 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK EVGA Classified Full Motherboard Block EK GTX 470 Acetal/Copper Water Block EK GTX 470 Acetal/Copper Water Block Winows 7 PRO 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung ToC 24" Razer Black Widow Seasonic Platinum 1000 watt CoolerMaster HAF 932 
Mouse
Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
z97 RIG
(15 items)
 
Apophis
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790k MSI z97 Gaming 7 Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 G Skill Ares 16gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial MX100 256gb Seagate Barracuda 2tb Corsair H70 Windows 7 Pro 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
AOC 24 inch 144hz  Razer Blackwidow chroma EVGA 850 G Silient Corsair Air 540 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Deathadder Chroma Generic On-board Audio 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i7 920 D0@ 4.2 1.25625 vcore EVGA Classified 760 EVGA GTX 470 SC+ EVGA GTX 470 SC+ 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair Dominator GT 1866 3x2 gbs 1TB Samsung Spinpoint Lite-On DVD drive EK Supreme LTX Water Block 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK EVGA Classified Full Motherboard Block EK GTX 470 Acetal/Copper Water Block EK GTX 470 Acetal/Copper Water Block Winows 7 PRO 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung ToC 24" Razer Black Widow Seasonic Platinum 1000 watt CoolerMaster HAF 932 
Mouse
Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #20587 of 20643
Ok finnaly got ek block for my 1080ti and built my loop. I went ahead and put the 240x vertically in the front and a second rad up top . So far have been running loop off and on for about 10 12 hours with no leaks .

Biggest question now is how to bleed out the air . I have a tube in the fillport sitting open at the top. Will running it nonstop eventually remove tje air. Ive tried tipping the case different ways but still have a ton of air .any advice ?

Heres a vid of what i mean .

https://youtu.be/qKSyx5FDksA
post #20588 of 20643
Quote:
Originally Posted by jase78 View Post

Ok finnaly got ek block for my 1080ti and built my loop. I went ahead and put the 240x vertically in the front and a second rad up top . So far have been running loop off and on for about 10 12 hours with no leaks .

Biggest question now is how to bleed out the air . I have a tube in the fillport sitting open at the top. Will running it nonstop eventually remove tje air. Ive tried tipping the case different ways but still have a ton of air .any advice ?

Heres a vid of what i mean .

https://youtu.be/qKSyx5FDksA

You could use dishwasher soap (use the clear type without perfume). Add in a few drops and then fill up more water. Also use a funnel should make it a bit easier to fill up with water. Then let the pump run and start tilting your case from side to side. It's really not hard to get the air out of a H220/240-X, just needs a little patience and practice.
post #20589 of 20643
Quote:
Originally Posted by jase78 View Post

Ok finnaly got ek block for my 1080ti and built my loop. I went ahead and put the 240x vertically in the front and a second rad up top . So far have been running loop off and on for about 10 12 hours with no leaks .

Biggest question now is how to bleed out the air . I have a tube in the fillport sitting open at the top. Will running it nonstop eventually remove tje air. Ive tried tipping the case different ways but still have a ton of air .any advice ?

Heres a vid of what i mean .

https://youtu.be/qKSyx5FDksA

You're not going to burp a Swifttech without replacing trapped air with fluid. Due to the way the pump sits, the Swiftech isn't really designed to accommodate a half-filled res. Any large bubble left in the res will travel back thru the system when you tip it. The more fluid in the system, the easier it will be to burp any big bubbles out of it ( especially that second rad).

Replace your fill hose with the rad cap. Work the box around until a big bubble appears in the res. Replace that bubble with fluid. Repeat until you can't create sloshing sounds in either res.
wink.gif
The Beagle Box
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 6700K MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Gaming X 8GB Corsair Vengeance Series 16GB 4 X4GB DDR4-3000 ... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung SSD 960 EVO Samsung SSD 850 EVO Swiftech 220X2  Black Ice Nemesis 240 GTX radiator 
OSPowerCase
Microsoft Windows 10 Home EVGA 850 GQ Corsair Vengeance C70 
  hide details  
Reply
The Beagle Box
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 6700K MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Gaming X 8GB Corsair Vengeance Series 16GB 4 X4GB DDR4-3000 ... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung SSD 960 EVO Samsung SSD 850 EVO Swiftech 220X2  Black Ice Nemesis 240 GTX radiator 
OSPowerCase
Microsoft Windows 10 Home EVGA 850 GQ Corsair Vengeance C70 
  hide details  
Reply
post #20590 of 20643
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagle Box View Post

You're not going to burp a Swifttech without replacing trapped air with fluid. Due to the way the pump sits, the Swiftech isn't really designed to accommodate a half-filled res. Any large bubble left in the res will travel back thru the system when you tip it. The more fluid in the system, the easier it will be to burp any big bubbles out of it ( especially that second rad).

Replace your fill hose with the rad cap. Work the box around until a big bubble appears in the res. Replace that bubble with fluid. Repeat until you can't create sloshing sounds in either res.
wink.gif

Thankyou ! That worked precisely how you described . Still have a tiny bit left to get out but the pump is now quiet as can be!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Swiftech H220/H320/H220X/H240X/H140X and CM Glacer 240L/360L Owners' Club