Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Swiftech H220/H320/H220X/H240X/H140X and CM Glacer 240L/360L Owners' Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Swiftech H220/H320/H220X/H240X/H140X and CM Glacer 240L/360L Owners' Club - Page 314

post #3131 of 20767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullwipe View Post

Mine drops to 1185 at times, at 0% in speed fan it hovers between that and 2000.

ah close enough i guess. I personally have my speedfan alerting me at < 10 rpm redface.gif
 
Work Rig
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2700k @ 4.5GHz  Asus P8Z68-V/Gen3 Asus GTX 1070 Strix OC G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Crucial M4 128GB + 1TB F3 + Crucial M500 256GB Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 Pro Cooler Master Novatouch TKL 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Cooler Master V1000 600T SE Roccat Kone XTD Steel Series 9HD 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 Rampage III Gene 2x EVGA GTX 680 SLI 24gb HyperX 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
960GB Crucial M500 Intel Stock Windows 7 64bit Enterprise HP ZR2440w + Z24i 
KeyboardPowerCase
Ducky Brown Antec TP-750 Antec Sonata 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Work Rig
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2700k @ 4.5GHz  Asus P8Z68-V/Gen3 Asus GTX 1070 Strix OC G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Crucial M4 128GB + 1TB F3 + Crucial M500 256GB Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 Pro Cooler Master Novatouch TKL 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Cooler Master V1000 600T SE Roccat Kone XTD Steel Series 9HD 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 Rampage III Gene 2x EVGA GTX 680 SLI 24gb HyperX 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
960GB Crucial M500 Intel Stock Windows 7 64bit Enterprise HP ZR2440w + Z24i 
KeyboardPowerCase
Ducky Brown Antec TP-750 Antec Sonata 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3132 of 20767
Quote:
Originally Posted by ez12a View Post

ah close enough i guess. I personally have my speedfan alerting me at < 10 rpm redface.gif

I've not set up any alerts at this point...my current dilemma is if I'm going to de-lid my 3570k or not. I guess it depends on if I can afford a Haswell chip and new UD5H or G1.Sniper M5...just in case I screw it up.
post #3133 of 20767
Hi guys any of you witnessed weird stuff happening to your H220 pump?

See this thread here http://forums.swiftech.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2165&p=9862&sid=e356cb6a0cf9e0bc1c301345fc85fd67#p9862

Basically when i stress my cpu using prime or bf3 for example the H220 pump dies/goes to zero flow, when i stop the stressing it revives and start up again. The pc hard locks under stress because of the temp spike(90c+) caused by the pump stopping.

I monitor the pump speed using asus ai suite II and can see the pump die and revive, all very strange and this has only just started after 3+ months of perfection. I had it running with 2 sanyo denki 120x35mm fans with fantastic temps and super quiet. Don't want, read cant be bothered, to swap it all out for Kraken x60 i have.

I've tried all sorts of things, to be clear i connected the pump directly to the CPU fan header on the board and ran it at full, 3000rpm(no PWM/Q-fan), to eliminate the fan splitter as an issue. Tried all the different fan headers on my board plus direct connect to PSU. It cant be a blocked pump issue due to the fact it runs at 3000+ rpm all day when the cpu is not stressed.

Anyone else seen witnessed this? There is one other guy over on the linked swiftech forums who has the very same problem.

Cheers
post #3134 of 20767
my first pump had that problem. I even posted a video for swiftech to take a look at. I dont think i've ever really explained what the problem was with my first pump.

I had just expanded my loop, and leak tested it with the computer off while i was at work for a few hours. Pump was connected to the splitter and an external PSU i have lying around (ETASIS 750w, a quality PSU).

Came back, made the finishing touches on the computer and powered it up and immediately ran prime95 to stress test the system (with the GPU added). I hear the pump whir to a halt and my temps instantly shot up.

I figured that was weird, and powered the pump off of the splitter/external PSU just in case (splitter control was not hooked up to CPU header, so it should run at full speed). Every time some load or heat was applied to the h220, it would stop working. I could power off the computer, wait a few minutes while the pump cycled on and off before eventually it would spin up and stay on. Power the computer on again, and the pump goes into a on/off cycle while connected to an external power supply.

My second H220 pump has not exhibited the same issue. I am not sure to this day what caused the problem.
Edited by ez12a - 5/22/13 at 8:59pm
 
Work Rig
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2700k @ 4.5GHz  Asus P8Z68-V/Gen3 Asus GTX 1070 Strix OC G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Crucial M4 128GB + 1TB F3 + Crucial M500 256GB Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 Pro Cooler Master Novatouch TKL 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Cooler Master V1000 600T SE Roccat Kone XTD Steel Series 9HD 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 Rampage III Gene 2x EVGA GTX 680 SLI 24gb HyperX 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
960GB Crucial M500 Intel Stock Windows 7 64bit Enterprise HP ZR2440w + Z24i 
KeyboardPowerCase
Ducky Brown Antec TP-750 Antec Sonata 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Work Rig
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2700k @ 4.5GHz  Asus P8Z68-V/Gen3 Asus GTX 1070 Strix OC G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Crucial M4 128GB + 1TB F3 + Crucial M500 256GB Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 Pro Cooler Master Novatouch TKL 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Cooler Master V1000 600T SE Roccat Kone XTD Steel Series 9HD 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 Rampage III Gene 2x EVGA GTX 680 SLI 24gb HyperX 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
960GB Crucial M500 Intel Stock Windows 7 64bit Enterprise HP ZR2440w + Z24i 
KeyboardPowerCase
Ducky Brown Antec TP-750 Antec Sonata 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3135 of 20767
Mine is plugged direct into CPU 1, it also runs right around 1170-1180rpm.
Gaming
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel 3500k @ 4.6 1.25v Z77A-GD65 (MS-7751) Asus GTX 770 SLI Asus GTX 770 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 Samsung 840 Sandisk Ultra Plus Pioneer DVD 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Cooler Master 212 EVO Windows Ultimate 64 Qnix QX2710 Cooler Master V700 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NZXT Phantom 630 Razor Deathadder Roccat Taito Asus Xonar DSX 
Other
Logitech Z5300E 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel 3500k @ 4.6 1.25v Z77A-GD65 (MS-7751) Asus GTX 770 SLI Asus GTX 770 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 Samsung 840 Sandisk Ultra Plus Pioneer DVD 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Cooler Master 212 EVO Windows Ultimate 64 Qnix QX2710 Cooler Master V700 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NZXT Phantom 630 Razor Deathadder Roccat Taito Asus Xonar DSX 
Other
Logitech Z5300E 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3136 of 20767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allygash View Post

Hi guys any of you witnessed weird stuff happening to your H220 pump?

See this thread here http://forums.swiftech.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2165&p=9862&sid=e356cb6a0cf9e0bc1c301345fc85fd67#p9862

Basically when i stress my cpu using prime or bf3 for example the H220 pump dies/goes to zero flow, when i stop the stressing it revives and start up again. The pc hard locks under stress because of the temp spike(90c+) caused by the pump stopping.

I monitor the pump speed using asus ai suite II and can see the pump die and revive, all very strange and this has only just started after 3+ months of perfection. I had it running with 2 sanyo denki 120x35mm fans with fantastic temps and super quiet. Don't want, read cant be bothered, to swap it all out for Kraken x60 i have.

I've tried all sorts of things, to be clear i connected the pump directly to the CPU fan header on the board and ran it at full, 3000rpm(no PWM/Q-fan), to eliminate the fan splitter as an issue. Tried all the different fan headers on my board plus direct connect to PSU. It cant be a blocked pump issue due to the fact it runs at 3000+ rpm all day when the cpu is not stressed.

Anyone else seen witnessed this? There is one other guy over on the linked swiftech forums who has the very same problem.

Cheers

I had this same problem. The pump worked fine for a couple weeks, then when ever it was stressed during a demanding game, it would shutoff like you describe. I was told it was a problem with the electronics or more specifically the pump's duty cycle adjustment when I sent it in for rma.
Gaming pc
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsHard Drive
i7 4770k gigabyte z87x-ud3h evga gtx titan corsair force 3 ssd 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
H220 with extra UT60 120mm Radiator and ek tita... windows 7 home premium Asus VG236 and Asus VH238 Hx750 
Case
nzxt phantom 410 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming pc
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsHard Drive
i7 4770k gigabyte z87x-ud3h evga gtx titan corsair force 3 ssd 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
H220 with extra UT60 120mm Radiator and ek tita... windows 7 home premium Asus VG236 and Asus VH238 Hx750 
Case
nzxt phantom 410 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3137 of 20767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allygash View Post

Hi guys any of you witnessed weird stuff happening to your H220 pump?

See this thread here http://forums.swiftech.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2165&p=9862&sid=e356cb6a0cf9e0bc1c301345fc85fd67#p9862

Basically when i stress my cpu using prime or bf3 for example the H220 pump dies/goes to zero flow, when i stop the stressing it revives and start up again. The pc hard locks under stress because of the temp spike(90c+) caused by the pump stopping.

I monitor the pump speed using asus ai suite II and can see the pump die and revive, all very strange and this has only just started after 3+ months of perfection. I had it running with 2 sanyo denki 120x35mm fans with fantastic temps and super quiet. Don't want, read cant be bothered, to swap it all out for Kraken x60 i have.

I've tried all sorts of things, to be clear i connected the pump directly to the CPU fan header on the board and ran it at full, 3000rpm(no PWM/Q-fan), to eliminate the fan splitter as an issue. Tried all the different fan headers on my board plus direct connect to PSU. It cant be a blocked pump issue due to the fact it runs at 3000+ rpm all day when the cpu is not stressed.

Anyone else seen witnessed this? There is one other guy over on the linked swiftech forums who has the very same problem.

Cheers

Your pump is probably dying. This exact same thing just happened to me, and ended with my pump dying, heh.

http://www.twitch.tv/destiny/b/406685072

You can't see the fanspeed of the pump because I have it connected all its own to like chassis 2 or some ****, but I'm pretty sure it's the same problem you describe. Fan starts spinning, temps come down to normal areas, then pump stops, temps go up to 60-70-80-even 90, then pump turns on, repeats. Does it for the EXACT same cycle of time, regardless of load or temps, just shuts off/turns on/shuts off/turns on. Even when connected to the splitter, it will be the only device on said splitter that behaves that way.

Probably go down the RMA route, the Bram guy seems nice enough in helping people out.
post #3138 of 20767
Great guys exactly the feedback i was hoping for thank you, thought i was alone with this n had some weird **** goin on. I was hoping for some 'magic' fix so i dont have to completely disassemble my pc but i guess I'll just take it out & install the kraken x60 i have, cant afford to cook my 3930k. Again thx for the feedback... wink.gif
post #3139 of 20767
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoDestiny View Post

Your pump is probably dying. This exact same thing just happened to me, and ended with my pump dying, heh.

http://www.twitch.tv/destiny/b/406685072

You can't see the fanspeed of the pump because I have it connected all its own to like chassis 2 or some ****, but I'm pretty sure it's the same problem you describe. Fan starts spinning, temps come down to normal areas, then pump stops, temps go up to 60-70-80-even 90, then pump turns on, repeats. Does it for the EXACT same cycle of time, regardless of load or temps, just shuts off/turns on/shuts off/turns on. Even when connected to the splitter, it will be the only device on said splitter that behaves that way.

Probably go down the RMA route, the Bram guy seems nice enough in helping people out.

Way too many people still having pump problems and this on/off/on/off seems like some sort of internal circuit protection tripping.
Edited by Martinm210 - 5/22/13 at 10:45pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3930K ASrock X79 Ext7 Evga GTX570 CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Phoenix SSD+2TB Seagate drives ASUS DVD-RW combo Windows 7 28" Hanns-G HZ281 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
MS Natural Corsair TX650 Danger Den Torture Rack Logitech MX518 
Mouse Pad
Desk 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3930K ASrock X79 Ext7 Evga GTX570 CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Phoenix SSD+2TB Seagate drives ASUS DVD-RW combo Windows 7 28" Hanns-G HZ281 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
MS Natural Corsair TX650 Danger Den Torture Rack Logitech MX518 
Mouse Pad
Desk 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3140 of 20767
Quote:
Originally Posted by BramSLI1 View Post

I do have a Switch 810, but I don't have an H220 in it. The liquid cooling system I have in it is completely custom and almost entirely comprised of Swiftech parts.

My system is entirely swiftech besides the titan block. You guys wouldn't want to exchange one of your titan blocks for my EK and backplate would ya? xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinm210 View Post

Way too many people still having pump problems and this on/off/on/off seems like some sort of internal circuit protection tripping.

Yea, I'm thinking that too.

We already know the circuit protection will trip the pump on potential flow blockage being stuck in the pump. It seems there might be a temperature threshold somewhere on the pump itself, which when exceeded will shut the pump down.
Nightrider
(17 items)
 
Commodore 64
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3930k x79 gd45 PLUS GTX Titan Crucial Ballistix Sport VLP  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
HyperX 3k Intel 320 Seagate Barracuda Swifttech H220 
CoolingCoolingOSOS
Swifttech 220QP Corsair SP120 Windows 8.1 Pro Windows 10 Pro 
OSOSMonitorMonitor
Windows 7 Home Ubuntu 15.4 QNIX 2710 Catleap 2B 
Keyboard
Ducky - Cherry MX Red 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k DZ77GA - 70K GTX670-DC2-4GD5  MV-3V4G3D/US 
Hard DriveCoolingOSOS
HyperX 3k CM 212 + Win 7 64 ubuntu 
PowerCase
Seventeam 850w modular CS-NT-ZERO-2  
  hide details  
Reply
Nightrider
(17 items)
 
Commodore 64
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3930k x79 gd45 PLUS GTX Titan Crucial Ballistix Sport VLP  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
HyperX 3k Intel 320 Seagate Barracuda Swifttech H220 
CoolingCoolingOSOS
Swifttech 220QP Corsair SP120 Windows 8.1 Pro Windows 10 Pro 
OSOSMonitorMonitor
Windows 7 Home Ubuntu 15.4 QNIX 2710 Catleap 2B 
Keyboard
Ducky - Cherry MX Red 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k DZ77GA - 70K GTX670-DC2-4GD5  MV-3V4G3D/US 
Hard DriveCoolingOSOS
HyperX 3k CM 212 + Win 7 64 ubuntu 
PowerCase
Seventeam 850w modular CS-NT-ZERO-2  
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Swiftech H220/H320/H220X/H240X/H140X and CM Glacer 240L/360L Owners' Club