Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Swiftech H220/H320/H220X/H240X/H140X and CM Glacer 240L/360L Owners' Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Swiftech H220/H320/H220X/H240X/H140X and CM Glacer 240L/360L Owners' Club - Page 316

post #3151 of 20728
Where can I get some additional hose clamps like the ones in the video in the OP? I am adding a 120mm rad. Would just regular worm drive clamps work?

Same size tubing as what comes stock to the h220, 3/8 ID 5/8 OD.
post #3152 of 20728
Quote:
Originally Posted by bond32 View Post

Where can I get some additional hose clamps like the ones in the video in the OP? I am adding a 120mm rad. Would just regular worm drive clamps work?

Same size tubing as what comes stock to the h220, 3/8 ID 5/8 OD.

If the worm drive clamps are small enough they should work fine. We currently don't sell the same clamps for the H220 kit separately.
post #3153 of 20728
Check out my temps... any reason for such inconsistency? Core 1 and 2 are 16-17 degrees cooler than core 4. Does this mean I don't have a good TIM spread or is this just expected with a 6 core CPU? My temps are overall down about 10 degrees since reseating the heatsink the last time, but this just seems odd.

R-WAN
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel 3930k Asrock extreme6 GTX 780 GTX 780 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
G skill 1866 samsung 840 lite-on dvd  swiftech h220 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
windows 8 asus vg248 asus vg248 asus vg248 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
logitech g710 rosewill 1300 switch 810 razer deathadder 
  hide details  
Reply
R-WAN
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel 3930k Asrock extreme6 GTX 780 GTX 780 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
G skill 1866 samsung 840 lite-on dvd  swiftech h220 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
windows 8 asus vg248 asus vg248 asus vg248 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
logitech g710 rosewill 1300 switch 810 razer deathadder 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3154 of 20728
What fans would be better for this radiator. A higher static pressure fan or a higher air flow fan Such as the corsair sp120 or the af120?
Edited by savagepagan - 5/23/13 at 12:01pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k, used ASRock P67 EXTREME6 EVGA 02G-P4-2680-​KR GeForce GTX 680 CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB CML8GX3M2A1600C9B, used 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x sata LG blu-ray burner, LG dvd burner Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit Dell U3011, refurb 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Wave Thermaltake Toughpower Grand TPG-1200M, used Xigmatek Elysium Super Tower Logitech wireless 
Mouse PadAudio
Some el cheapo On board integrated 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k, used ASRock P67 EXTREME6 EVGA 02G-P4-2680-​KR GeForce GTX 680 CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB CML8GX3M2A1600C9B, used 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x sata LG blu-ray burner, LG dvd burner Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit Dell U3011, refurb 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Wave Thermaltake Toughpower Grand TPG-1200M, used Xigmatek Elysium Super Tower Logitech wireless 
Mouse PadAudio
Some el cheapo On board integrated 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3155 of 20728
Quote:
Originally Posted by savagepagan View Post

What fans would be better for this radiator. A higher static pressure fan of a higher air flow fan Such as the corsair sp120 or the af120?

static pressure.
R-WAN
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel 3930k Asrock extreme6 GTX 780 GTX 780 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
G skill 1866 samsung 840 lite-on dvd  swiftech h220 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
windows 8 asus vg248 asus vg248 asus vg248 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
logitech g710 rosewill 1300 switch 810 razer deathadder 
  hide details  
Reply
R-WAN
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel 3930k Asrock extreme6 GTX 780 GTX 780 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
G skill 1866 samsung 840 lite-on dvd  swiftech h220 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
windows 8 asus vg248 asus vg248 asus vg248 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
logitech g710 rosewill 1300 switch 810 razer deathadder 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3156 of 20728
Quote:
Originally Posted by os2wiz View Post

To me it sounds like the pump is not connected to a pwm header on your mainboard. If this is not the case and as has been suggested the internal protective circuitry is being tripped, why is this not happening on all the pumps? It seems very odd.

By the way has there been an announcement of when the H320 will be shipping?

I was watching Neo's video last night and I'm not sure. If PWM is not connected at all then it should revert to full speed. I ran several tests when reviewing with the PWM purposely disconnected. The pump retains full 3,000rpm speeds. What Neo was showing is a very sharp pump on...pump off...pump on type behavior. That to me seems more like a circuit protection feature kicking on and off and then trying again. I heard the debris issue could cause this but not sure why they continue for some folks on second and even third pump samples. I had no pump shutting off issues at all in the limited time (2weeks) I had one running continuously.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3930K ASrock X79 Ext7 Evga GTX570 CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Phoenix SSD+2TB Seagate drives ASUS DVD-RW combo Windows 7 28" Hanns-G HZ281 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
MS Natural Corsair TX650 Danger Den Torture Rack Logitech MX518 
Mouse Pad
Desk 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3930K ASrock X79 Ext7 Evga GTX570 CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Phoenix SSD+2TB Seagate drives ASUS DVD-RW combo Windows 7 28" Hanns-G HZ281 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
MS Natural Corsair TX650 Danger Den Torture Rack Logitech MX518 
Mouse Pad
Desk 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3157 of 20728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinm210 View Post

I was watching Neo's video last night and I'm not sure. If PWM is not connected at all then it should revert to full speed. I ran several tests when reviewing with the PWM purposely disconnected. The pump retains full 3,000rpm speeds. What Neo was showing is a very sharp pump on...pump off...pump on type behavior. That to me seems more like a circuit protection feature kicking on and off and then trying again. I heard the debris issue could cause this but not sure why they continue for some folks on second and even third pump samples. I had no pump shutting off issues at all in the limited time (2weeks) I had one running continuously.

Yep I agree. But one funny thing I have been noticing is that most folks experiencing this on off on off behavior of the pump have an ASUS board. It is anecdotal at this point but strikes me odd since I tested in 3 different ASUS x79 boards too with problem showing up. I know a lot of folks out there are using Asus boards and the h220 without problems but alas...Perhaps would be useful to check on this data if they are available Bryan.
post #3158 of 20728
Quote:
Originally Posted by jderbs View Post

Check out my temps... any reason for such inconsistency? Core 1 and 2 are 16-17 degrees cooler than core 4. Does this mean I don't have a good TIM spread or is this just expected with a 6 core CPU? My temps are overall down about 10 degrees since reseating the heatsink the last time, but this just seems odd.

It is normal to have 1-2 cores lower. My 3770k has same issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagepagan View Post

What fans would be better for this radiator. A higher static pressure fan or a higher air flow fan Such as the corsair sp120 or the af120?
neither. The stock fan works perfect on them. The H220 dont need high static pressure, due to the low fpi rad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jderbs View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagepagan View Post

What fans would be better for this radiator. A higher static pressure fan of a higher air flow fan Such as the corsair sp120 or the af120?

static pressure.
Not needed for the H220. Tested with stock and NF-P12 temps were 1-2c difference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrielzm View Post


Yep I agree. But one funny thing I have been noticing is that most folks experiencing this on off on off behavior of the pump have an ASUS board. It is anecdotal at this point but strikes me odd since I tested in 3 different ASUS x79 boards too with problem showing up. I know a lot of folks out there are using Asus boards and the h220 without problems but alas...Perhaps would be useful to check on this data if they are available Bryan.
I have mine on Asus mobo, no issues seeing this. Using the splitter ch1, is read only while getting power from PSU. Another way is to bypass all together the cpu header and go directly to the PSU.
Watch your temps closely for a bit too see any changes.
Edited by Sp33d Junki3 - 5/23/13 at 1:07pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3770k @ 4.2Ghz Asus Z77 Sabertooth EVGA GTX1060 3GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB BLT2K8G3D1608ET... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial MX100 512GB Corsair Force 115GB WD Green 1TB WD Green 2TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cryorig C1 + XT140 Win7 64 Home SP1 ASUS VE278Q CM Storm Trigger Brown Switch 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX650 NZXT S340 Logitech G500 Razer Goliathus Extended Mouse Pad - Speed 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Audiotrak Prodigy Cube DAC Edifier S330D 2.1 Speaker Bose AE2 Headphone Superlux 668B Headphone 
AudioAudioOtherOther
Logitech UE 4000 Headphone Sennheiser PC320 Headset MX-4 Thermal Paste (CPU/GPU) 3x 140mm Noctua NF-P14s Redux 1200rpm PWM 
OtherOther
1x 120mm Noctua NF-S12B Redux 1200rpm PWM NZXT 2m Sleeved White LED 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3770k @ 4.2Ghz Asus Z77 Sabertooth EVGA GTX1060 3GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB BLT2K8G3D1608ET... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial MX100 512GB Corsair Force 115GB WD Green 1TB WD Green 2TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cryorig C1 + XT140 Win7 64 Home SP1 ASUS VE278Q CM Storm Trigger Brown Switch 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX650 NZXT S340 Logitech G500 Razer Goliathus Extended Mouse Pad - Speed 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Audiotrak Prodigy Cube DAC Edifier S330D 2.1 Speaker Bose AE2 Headphone Superlux 668B Headphone 
AudioAudioOtherOther
Logitech UE 4000 Headphone Sennheiser PC320 Headset MX-4 Thermal Paste (CPU/GPU) 3x 140mm Noctua NF-P14s Redux 1200rpm PWM 
OtherOther
1x 120mm Noctua NF-S12B Redux 1200rpm PWM NZXT 2m Sleeved White LED 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3159 of 20728
Brian is there any further word of when H320 product will ship? Right now I am on fan cooling as my Corsair H100 leaked all over my motherboard, had to replace the board.
Also when I get the H320 , it is going to be installed in the top of my case. Is it possible to get the fill port facing up in an installation in the top of the case?
Edited by os2wiz - 5/23/13 at 1:30pm
post #3160 of 20728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp33d Junki3 View Post

It is normal to have 1-2 cores lower. My 3770k has same issues.

Not needed for the H220. Tested with stock and NF-P12 temps were 1-2c difference..

Okay, thanks. Are you saying my GT AP-15s are a waste and I should use something quieter like the Corsair SP120?
R-WAN
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel 3930k Asrock extreme6 GTX 780 GTX 780 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
G skill 1866 samsung 840 lite-on dvd  swiftech h220 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
windows 8 asus vg248 asus vg248 asus vg248 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
logitech g710 rosewill 1300 switch 810 razer deathadder 
  hide details  
Reply
R-WAN
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel 3930k Asrock extreme6 GTX 780 GTX 780 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
G skill 1866 samsung 840 lite-on dvd  swiftech h220 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
windows 8 asus vg248 asus vg248 asus vg248 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
logitech g710 rosewill 1300 switch 810 razer deathadder 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Swiftech H220/H320/H220X/H240X/H140X and CM Glacer 240L/360L Owners' Club