Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Swiftech H220/H320/H220X/H240X/H140X and CM Glacer 240L/360L Owners' Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Swiftech H220/H320/H220X/H240X/H140X and CM Glacer 240L/360L Owners' Club - Page 420

post #4191 of 20731
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxAlbertoxX View Post

NO.

Can anyone who is having the "CPU fan error" or the pump not running PLEASE BY PASS THE PWM SPLITTER!

I had the "CPU fan error" with my Swiftech h220 and thought the pump was dead from reading these forums.

Truth be told, I went back to check my connections and noticed the pins for the CPU FAN on the PWM splitter were "loose" and slipped out the white casing that lets them make contact with the motherboard.

I quickly unplugged and BYPASSED the pwm splitter and like magic, the COOLER BOOTED UP.


+1, Didnt run into this myself but I highly doubt all these "DOAs" are the result of faulty pumps.
Kaga (WIP)
(22 items)
 
   
GraphicsRAMMonitorPower
1080Ti x2 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2666 (64GB Total) Acer Predator X34P or Equivalent Seasonic Snow Silent - 1050w 
OtherOtherOther
Custom Acrylic Engraving Straight 8 Pin cables + Cable Combs 3x EK-Vardar F2, 2x Replacement Front 140mm 
  hide details  
Reply
Kaga (WIP)
(22 items)
 
   
GraphicsRAMMonitorPower
1080Ti x2 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2666 (64GB Total) Acer Predator X34P or Equivalent Seasonic Snow Silent - 1050w 
OtherOtherOther
Custom Acrylic Engraving Straight 8 Pin cables + Cable Combs 3x EK-Vardar F2, 2x Replacement Front 140mm 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4192 of 20731
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxAlbertoxX View Post

Are the fins able to be bent by simply handling/touching the radiator? are they that weak on the h220 radiator???

Yup very easily bent and just as easily fix with delicate pressure.
Fresh Phenom 007
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790k ASUS Maximus Impact 7 GTX 470 G.Skill Trident 2400 Cas 9 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Plextor M5 Western Digital 2.5" D5 Custom Loop Windows 8 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
50" HDTV Logitech K400R Silverstone SX-600-G Bitfenix Phenom M 
  hide details  
Reply
Fresh Phenom 007
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790k ASUS Maximus Impact 7 GTX 470 G.Skill Trident 2400 Cas 9 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Plextor M5 Western Digital 2.5" D5 Custom Loop Windows 8 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
50" HDTV Logitech K400R Silverstone SX-600-G Bitfenix Phenom M 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4193 of 20731
I recently got a H220, and installed it a couple days ago. I've been having a similar issue others have been, the pump just shuts down and my FX-8320 reaches its HYST mark and the computer switches off. It tends to be ok when the cpu is idle, but if I load it up to 100% across all 4 modules, or all 8 threads/cores, the temps level out near 50c but after a few minutes the pump shuts down.

I just tried hooking the pump up to the cpu fan header directly, and checked for bent pins, as well as hooked up through the splitter. Everything looks fine, but it doesn't seem to want to start back up. I've noticed I have to wait a while before it wants to start working again. I assume its because it needs to cool down. The pump/block gets rather hot after it shuts down.

Are there any things I can try that I haven't?
post #4194 of 20731
So I have some Noctua NF-F12 fans sitting around collecting dust. I really want to throw them on my H220 radiator, but this is the way the stock fans are installed on the H220:



The only way to get to the screw is to use a shaft small enough to get through the fan housing.

Can I please to those of you who have the h220 and successfully removed the stock fans what screw driver head you used? i.e. #0 or #1 etc..?

I don't want to use a small enough screw driver to get through, but then end up stripping that screw since it looks like a #2 to me.
post #4195 of 20731
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxAlbertoxX View Post

So I have some Noctua NF-F12 fans sitting around collecting dust. I really want to throw them on my H220 radiator, but this is the way the stock fans are installed on the H220:



The only way to get to the screw is to use a shaft small enough to get through the fan housing.

Can I please to those of you who have the h220 and successfully removed the stock fans what screw driver head you used? i.e. #0 or #1 etc..?

I don't want to use a small enough screw driver to get through, but then end up stripping that screw since it looks like a #2 to me.
I couldn't find a skinny enough phillips head screwdriver, so I went with a 3mm flat head screwdriver. Just barely worked.
post #4196 of 20731
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomasu82 View Post

I couldn't find a skinny enough phillips head screwdriver, so I went with a 3mm flat head screwdriver. Just barely worked.

how the hell did they screw it In there and what screw driver did they use?

I wish the size was listed, I really don't feel like using something too small and stripping that screw and then have it be stuck.....

mad.gif
post #4197 of 20731
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxAlbertoxX View Post

how the hell did they screw it In there and what screw driver did they use?

I wish the size was listed, I really don't feel like using something too small and stripping that screw and then have it be stuck.....

mad.gif
They are phillips (cross/star/x/whateveryouwanttocallit) head screws, a fairly large one, but I couldn't find the right size with a skinny enough shaft, so I found a flat head screwdriver that was wide enough to fit the short slot in the screws. As to how they got them in there, just a thin shafted phillips head screw bit.
post #4198 of 20731
Quote:
Originally Posted by drnilly007 View Post

Yup very easily bent and just as easily fix with delicate pressure.

wouldn't it get weaker by bending it back & forth, like a piece of metal then eventually just break off?


AND are all the units supposed to ship with 100% perfect radiator fins?

I''m paranoid now and just looked at my radiator and noticed 1 bent fin- and I'm very delicate so now I don't know if there are always imperfections with the fins or it was me.


Now that I remember, even my corsair h80i had bent fins all over the place.
post #4199 of 20731
just got mine installed and sad to say 1st dimm slot looks almost unuseable from the hose crowding it out !!
post #4200 of 20731
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autonomy View Post

just got mine installed and sad to say 1st dimm slot looks almost unuseable from the hose crowding it out !!

Then mount the H220 pump/block differently if you want to use the 1st DIMM slot.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Swiftech H220/H320/H220X/H240X/H140X and CM Glacer 240L/360L Owners' Club