Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Swiftech H220/H320/H220X/H240X/H140X and CM Glacer 240L/360L Owners' Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Swiftech H220/H320/H220X/H240X/H140X and CM Glacer 240L/360L Owners' Club - Page 541

post #5401 of 20767
Quote:
Originally Posted by BramSLI1 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bond32 View Post

You're right, heres some good news. My corsair 540 is almost complete. Water loop is all bled and running great.

That looks great! We just got one of those cases in here yesterday for test fitting. I really like the design and cooling options. I just wish there were mounts on the PSU side for fans and radiators. That would make it a perfect case.
Well there is kinda. The mesh behind above the PSU might fit a 160mm rad
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3770k @ 4.2Ghz Asus Z77 Sabertooth EVGA GTX1060 3GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB BLT2K8G3D1608ET... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial MX100 512GB Corsair Force 115GB WD Green 1TB WD Green 2TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cryorig C1 + XT140 Win7 64 Home SP1 ASUS VE278Q CM Storm Trigger Brown Switch 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX650 NZXT S340 Logitech G500 Razer Goliathus Extended Mouse Pad - Speed 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Audiotrak Prodigy Cube DAC Edifier S330D 2.1 Speaker Bose AE2 Headphone Superlux 668B Headphone 
AudioAudioOtherOther
Logitech UE 4000 Headphone Sennheiser PC320 Headset MX-4 Thermal Paste (CPU/GPU) 3x 140mm Noctua NF-P14s Redux 1200rpm PWM 
OtherOther
1x 120mm Noctua NF-S12B Redux 1200rpm PWM NZXT 2m Sleeved White LED 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3770k @ 4.2Ghz Asus Z77 Sabertooth EVGA GTX1060 3GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB BLT2K8G3D1608ET... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial MX100 512GB Corsair Force 115GB WD Green 1TB WD Green 2TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cryorig C1 + XT140 Win7 64 Home SP1 ASUS VE278Q CM Storm Trigger Brown Switch 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX650 NZXT S340 Logitech G500 Razer Goliathus Extended Mouse Pad - Speed 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Audiotrak Prodigy Cube DAC Edifier S330D 2.1 Speaker Bose AE2 Headphone Superlux 668B Headphone 
AudioAudioOtherOther
Logitech UE 4000 Headphone Sennheiser PC320 Headset MX-4 Thermal Paste (CPU/GPU) 3x 140mm Noctua NF-P14s Redux 1200rpm PWM 
OtherOther
1x 120mm Noctua NF-S12B Redux 1200rpm PWM NZXT 2m Sleeved White LED 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5402 of 20767
Quote:
Originally Posted by bond32 View Post

You're right, heres some good news. My corsair 540 is almost complete. Water loop is all bled and running great.

Did you fill the loop completely or leave air in res?
Fresh Phenom 007
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790k ASUS Maximus Impact 7 GTX 470 G.Skill Trident 2400 Cas 9 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Plextor M5 Western Digital 2.5" D5 Custom Loop Windows 8 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
50" HDTV Logitech K400R Silverstone SX-600-G Bitfenix Phenom M 
  hide details  
Reply
Fresh Phenom 007
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790k ASUS Maximus Impact 7 GTX 470 G.Skill Trident 2400 Cas 9 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Plextor M5 Western Digital 2.5" D5 Custom Loop Windows 8 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
50" HDTV Logitech K400R Silverstone SX-600-G Bitfenix Phenom M 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5403 of 20767
Quote:
Originally Posted by drnilly007 View Post

Did you fill the loop completely or leave air in res?

Pretty full. I believe the air is almost all bled out, should I not fill it all the way to the cap?
post #5404 of 20767
Trying to figure it out. I just added gpu res and 240mm rad to loop and was hoping that it would eliminate the noise issue I'm having but thinking now that the pump is gone bad. Also hear water swishing around so not sure what to make of it.

I tried all the bleeding techniques and even flushed the loop again. A good 8 hours later and still same result.

I can run the pump at lowest setting and then no noise which would be fine except when I put the rpms upto 2000 temps dropped a good 4-6 degrees which is worth having to help increase overclocks.

Honestly though my gpu is maxxing out at 50-55c with max 1.212v high overclock so temps are good, cpu still putting out same as when it was by itsself. Knowing that it can be better but the horrible noise is really a let down.
Edited by drnilly007 - 7/31/13 at 10:12pm
Fresh Phenom 007
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790k ASUS Maximus Impact 7 GTX 470 G.Skill Trident 2400 Cas 9 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Plextor M5 Western Digital 2.5" D5 Custom Loop Windows 8 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
50" HDTV Logitech K400R Silverstone SX-600-G Bitfenix Phenom M 
  hide details  
Reply
Fresh Phenom 007
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790k ASUS Maximus Impact 7 GTX 470 G.Skill Trident 2400 Cas 9 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Plextor M5 Western Digital 2.5" D5 Custom Loop Windows 8 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
50" HDTV Logitech K400R Silverstone SX-600-G Bitfenix Phenom M 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5405 of 20767
Quote:
Originally Posted by drnilly007 View Post

Trying to figure it out. I just added gpu res and 240mm rad to loop and was hoping that it would eliminate the noise issue I'm having but thinking now that the pump is gone bad. Also hear water swishing around so not sure what to make of it.

I tried all the bleeding techniques and even flushed the loop again. A good 8 hours later and still same result.

Ive ran into this problem too. Best I can say is keep trying. Squeeze the lines a little too. Turning the entire case from side to side helped mine. Also I actually took some fluid out and it seems to have improved the water noise.
post #5406 of 20767
NCIX.CA notified me today the H320's are coming in 2 weeks earlier than the August 23rd date they had posted earlier. So I am hopefully looking forward to a great experience. I still wonder how all these noise problems even if air bubble related are going to impact sales to people who have no intention of expanding the loop and will expect it to be hassle free. I have not heard of these air bubble problems with the Corsair products.
post #5407 of 20767
Quote:
Originally Posted by os2wiz View Post

NCIX.CA notified me today the H320's are coming in 2 weeks earlier than the August 23rd date they had posted earlier. So I am hopefully looking forward to a great experience. I still wonder how all these noise problems even if air bubble related are going to impact sales to people who have no intention of expanding the loop and will expect it to be hassle free. I have not heard of these air bubble problems with the Corsair products.

I had a Corsair H110 pump die after 2 weeks, so none of them are perfect.
Gaming
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel 3500k @ 4.6 1.25v Z77A-GD65 (MS-7751) Asus GTX 770 SLI Asus GTX 770 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 Samsung 840 Sandisk Ultra Plus Pioneer DVD 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Cooler Master 212 EVO Windows Ultimate 64 Qnix QX2710 Cooler Master V700 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NZXT Phantom 630 Razor Deathadder Roccat Taito Asus Xonar DSX 
Other
Logitech Z5300E 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel 3500k @ 4.6 1.25v Z77A-GD65 (MS-7751) Asus GTX 770 SLI Asus GTX 770 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 Samsung 840 Sandisk Ultra Plus Pioneer DVD 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Cooler Master 212 EVO Windows Ultimate 64 Qnix QX2710 Cooler Master V700 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NZXT Phantom 630 Razor Deathadder Roccat Taito Asus Xonar DSX 
Other
Logitech Z5300E 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5408 of 20767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watagump View Post

I had a Corsair H110 pump die after 2 weeks, so none of them are perfect.

Never said Corsair is perfect. If that was my thought I wouldn't have just purchased an H320. Your response begs the question. The pump noise issue is most often air bubbles. Why is it the numero uno issue with the H220 and not with Corsair? This really should not be an issue on a closed loop system if it is properly filled and sealed before leaving the factory. I have had 3 different Corsair model aios for 3 different builds I have made. I can assure you pump noise was never an issue. I know many other people including my professional computer technician who have not encountered the problem with many multiple installations. So there is a qc issue here and I should and everybody should have a right to know its origin. That way it can be fixed from the point of production. This should not be so prevslent on product where the loop has not been expanded. Why???? An honest answer please. Not excuses. My guess is there is something unique to the design of the H320 that makes this more common than it should be. Since this being targeted to people who have never had a custom loop and want better quality , those people are going to be leary of having to go through the usual contortions required by the OP to deal with this issue. You really want to get to the point with such a targeted market that the product doesn't have hiccups like this. It is a potential turn off.
Edited by os2wiz - 8/1/13 at 3:33am
post #5409 of 20767
Quote:
Originally Posted by os2wiz View Post

Never said Corsair is perfect. If that was my thought I wouldn't have just purchased an H320. Your response begs the question. The pump noise issue is most often air bubbles. Why is it the numero uno issue with the H220 and not with Corsair? This really should not be an issue on a closed loop system if it is properly filled and sealed before leaving the factory. I have had 3 different Corsair model aios for 3 different builds I have made. I can assure you pump noise was never an issue. I know many other people including my professional computer technician who have not encountered the problem with many multiple installations. So there is a qc issue here and I should and everybody should have a right to know its origin. That way it can be fixed from the point of production. This should not be so prevslent on product where the loop has not been expanded. Why???? An honest answer please. Not excuses. My guess is there is something unique to the design of the H320 that makes this more common than it should be. Since this being targeted to people who have never had a custom loop and want better quality , those people are going to be leary of having to go through the usual contortions required by the OP to deal with this issue. You really want to get to the point with such a targeted market that the product doesn't have hiccups like this. It is a potential turn off.

1 probable cause people are not used to pumps

2 how do you stop air from migrating in a system that box gets turned in every direction possible?

3 why probably due to a much more aggressive pump impeller design which is also why they are better pumps ( one of many reasons )

4 what makes you think you can stop an air bubble @ manufacturing plant ?
USS CLM8-1701
(39 items)
 
Her Venom
(21 items)
 
Lil Tough Guy
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX-8350 Gigabyte 990FXA-UD7 R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC  R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC  
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC  R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC  F3-2400C10D-16GTX  OCZ Agility 3 120GB  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
OCZ Agility 3 120GB  Seagate Barracuda 1TB  Segate Barracuda 3TB Rosewill RCR-IM5001 USB2.0 75 in 1 internal Car... 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Pioneer BDR-208DBK Blu-ray Writer Swiftech H20-220 EDGE HD Liquid Cooling Kit Swiftech Komodo 7970 Swiftech MCP-35X2 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Swiftech MCP35X2 Heat Sink Swiftech MCP35X Reservoir Swiftech Komodo 7970 Swiftech Komodo 7970 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool 240mm XT45 Alphacool 120mm XT45 Alphacool 120mm UT60 FrozenQ PC Mods UV Meteor Light Limited Edition... 
CoolingCoolingOSOS
Koolance Radiator Mounting Bracket with Quick-R... Swiftech Komodo 7970 Windows 7 Windows 8  
MonitorMonitorMonitorMonitor
ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz 1ms  ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz 1ms  ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz 1ms  XFX FXTRISTAND Triple Display Monitor Stand  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 XFX pro 1250w black edition Caselabs MAGNUM M8 Case Razer Naga 
AudioAudioOther
Sony 2.1 Razer Megalodon XFX pro 1250w black edition 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
8350 batch 1229 pgn  Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z gigabyte 7770 OC gigabyte 7770 OC 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
F3-2400C10D-16GTX OCZ agaility 3 120  OCZ Agility 3 120gb  Seagate 7200rpm 1tb 
Optical DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Pioneer BDR-208DBK Rosewill RCR-IM5001 USB2.0 75 in 1 internal Car... Swiftech MCP-35X White Top Swiftech Quiet Power 240  
CoolingOSOSMonitor
Swiftech Apogee HD Windows 7 Windows 8 LG E2242 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG E2242 RAZER Black Lycosa Mirror Special Edition Seasonic x660 Cooler Master Storm Stryker 
Mouse
Razer Lachesis 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 6100 Sabertooth 990fx R2.0 XFX 7770 Core Edition Samsung 1600 2x4 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 1600 2x4 Unknown as of now  Piorneer BDR-208DBK Swiftech H220  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8  Samsung 60" 120hz 3d LED TV Unknown Seasonic x750 
CaseMouseAudio
Cooler Master Storm Stryker Unknown Pioneer 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
USS CLM8-1701
(39 items)
 
Her Venom
(21 items)
 
Lil Tough Guy
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX-8350 Gigabyte 990FXA-UD7 R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC  R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC  
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC  R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC  F3-2400C10D-16GTX  OCZ Agility 3 120GB  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
OCZ Agility 3 120GB  Seagate Barracuda 1TB  Segate Barracuda 3TB Rosewill RCR-IM5001 USB2.0 75 in 1 internal Car... 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Pioneer BDR-208DBK Blu-ray Writer Swiftech H20-220 EDGE HD Liquid Cooling Kit Swiftech Komodo 7970 Swiftech MCP-35X2 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Swiftech MCP35X2 Heat Sink Swiftech MCP35X Reservoir Swiftech Komodo 7970 Swiftech Komodo 7970 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool 240mm XT45 Alphacool 120mm XT45 Alphacool 120mm UT60 FrozenQ PC Mods UV Meteor Light Limited Edition... 
CoolingCoolingOSOS
Koolance Radiator Mounting Bracket with Quick-R... Swiftech Komodo 7970 Windows 7 Windows 8  
MonitorMonitorMonitorMonitor
ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz 1ms  ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz 1ms  ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz 1ms  XFX FXTRISTAND Triple Display Monitor Stand  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 XFX pro 1250w black edition Caselabs MAGNUM M8 Case Razer Naga 
AudioAudioOther
Sony 2.1 Razer Megalodon XFX pro 1250w black edition 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
8350 batch 1229 pgn  Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z gigabyte 7770 OC gigabyte 7770 OC 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
F3-2400C10D-16GTX OCZ agaility 3 120  OCZ Agility 3 120gb  Seagate 7200rpm 1tb 
Optical DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Pioneer BDR-208DBK Rosewill RCR-IM5001 USB2.0 75 in 1 internal Car... Swiftech MCP-35X White Top Swiftech Quiet Power 240  
CoolingOSOSMonitor
Swiftech Apogee HD Windows 7 Windows 8 LG E2242 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG E2242 RAZER Black Lycosa Mirror Special Edition Seasonic x660 Cooler Master Storm Stryker 
Mouse
Razer Lachesis 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 6100 Sabertooth 990fx R2.0 XFX 7770 Core Edition Samsung 1600 2x4 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 1600 2x4 Unknown as of now  Piorneer BDR-208DBK Swiftech H220  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8  Samsung 60" 120hz 3d LED TV Unknown Seasonic x750 
CaseMouseAudio
Cooler Master Storm Stryker Unknown Pioneer 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5410 of 20767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega Man View Post

1 probable cause people are not used to pumps

2 how do you stop air from migrating in a system that box gets turned in every direction possible?

3 why probably due to a much more aggressive pump impeller design which is also why they are better pumps ( one of many reasons )

4 what makes you think you can stop an air bubble @ manufacturing plant ?

I like your answer it makes sense. Especially point 3 about the aggressive impeller design. At least it offers a valid technical reason why it is prevalent as opposedto the Corsair. Thanks.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Swiftech H220/H320/H220X/H240X/H140X and CM Glacer 240L/360L Owners' Club