Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Swiftech H220/H320/H220X/H240X/H140X and CM Glacer 240L/360L Owners' Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Swiftech H220/H320/H220X/H240X/H140X and CM Glacer 240L/360L Owners' Club - Page 573

post #5721 of 20728
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnumpty23 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jincuteguy View Post

It should be in the Bios under MOnitor tab, i think that's where Asus put it in most of the boards.

You put the 360 Rad at the bottom of your case?

no in the front of the case

cant find any option in the bios under monitor that shows pwm or voltage control

wouldnt do it automatically if it detects a pwm connected fan would it?

You have to scroll down in the MOnitor tab
You should see the CPU Fan Q control or whatever
My system
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5820K 6core Asus X99-A Asus GTX 970 4x4 16g DDR4 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2 x WD 500Gb Caviar Black Raid 0 LG DVD Burner Swiftech H240X Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell 30" U3014 Monitor Logitech G910 Enermax Galaxy DXX 850W NZXT Switch 810 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G502 Roccat Sense 
  hide details  
Reply
My system
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5820K 6core Asus X99-A Asus GTX 970 4x4 16g DDR4 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2 x WD 500Gb Caviar Black Raid 0 LG DVD Burner Swiftech H240X Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell 30" U3014 Monitor Logitech G910 Enermax Galaxy DXX 850W NZXT Switch 810 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G502 Roccat Sense 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5722 of 20728
Quote:
Originally Posted by jincuteguy View Post

You have to scroll down in the MOnitor tab
You should see the CPU Fan Q control or whatever

yeah got the fan control section ok

but it just gives something like silent, standard , turbo or manual

even manual doesnt give a pwm or voltage option

set it at turbo at the moment and even when i loaded up the cpu it wasnt excessively loud
post #5723 of 20728
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnumpty23 View Post

ok --finally got round to fitting my h320 into a storm trooper thumb.gif

but cant seem to find a pwm option in the bios of my P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 ?

any one know where it is? was sure this board had one or 2 pwm headers

idle temps are similar to my h80

but load temps with only a quick test are much lower thumb.gif

though to be fair its not a pure test as i re-arranged the fan set up a bit as well

but basically tested both by converting a large file through winavi with 100% cpu load--hyperthreading on

h80 hottest core 75c

h320 hottest core 60c

so at the same cpu speed and voltage its far lower and even with the reservoir below the pump its very very quiet

I've just taken a look at the downloadable version of your manual and it looks like the only header that might actually be PWM is the CPU fan header. Make sure to enable Q-Fan control and set it to Standard mode. I know of at least two or three customers that have had issues with using the Turbo mode. I've got a feeling that the Turbo mode might use voltage regulation, but I haven't been able to confirm that.
Edited by BramSLI1 - 8/11/13 at 3:59pm
post #5724 of 20728
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnumpty23 View Post

yeah got the fan control section ok

but it just gives something like silent, standard , turbo or manual

even manual doesnt give a pwm or voltage option

set it at turbo at the moment and even when i loaded up the cpu it wasnt excessively loud

If you're using the included splitter, and the pump changes speeds, it's running pwm. If the pump runs full speed when plugged into the splitter regardless of the setting, then the pump is running voltage. This is the ONLY safe way IMO on how to test and make sure the pump is running on pwm.
Red Rover
(25 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel i5 2550K Asus Maximus V Gene XFX 6950 reference Avexir CORE series red LED 16 GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 120 GB SSD WD Blue 2.5" ASUS DVD-RW Win7 Ultimate 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Acer 23' LED LCD 5ms monitor Acer 23' LED LCD 5ms monitor Cooler Master Storm Trigger XFX 750w  
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NZXT Phantom Full Tower in White/Red Logitech G600 generic red/white/black mouse pad Sony 520w stereo 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Bitfenix single-sleeved cable extensions Red Swiftech MCR420-QP Swiftech MCR420-QP Swiftech Apogee Drive II 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Swiftech Maelsrtom EK FC6970 waterblock NZXT FS200 (x5) NZXT FX120 (x1) 
Other
XSPC Xinrulian 120mm (x8) 
  hide details  
Reply
Red Rover
(25 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel i5 2550K Asus Maximus V Gene XFX 6950 reference Avexir CORE series red LED 16 GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 120 GB SSD WD Blue 2.5" ASUS DVD-RW Win7 Ultimate 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Acer 23' LED LCD 5ms monitor Acer 23' LED LCD 5ms monitor Cooler Master Storm Trigger XFX 750w  
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NZXT Phantom Full Tower in White/Red Logitech G600 generic red/white/black mouse pad Sony 520w stereo 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Bitfenix single-sleeved cable extensions Red Swiftech MCR420-QP Swiftech MCR420-QP Swiftech Apogee Drive II 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Swiftech Maelsrtom EK FC6970 waterblock NZXT FS200 (x5) NZXT FX120 (x1) 
Other
XSPC Xinrulian 120mm (x8) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5725 of 20728
Quote:
Originally Posted by BramSLI1 View Post

I've just taken a look at the downloadable version of your manual and it looks like the only header that might actually be PWM is the CPU fan header. Make sure to enable Q-Fan control and set it to Standard mode. I know of at least a two or three customers that have had issues with using the Turbo mode. I've got a feeling that the Turbo mode might use voltage regulation, but I haven't been able to confirm that.

thank you--+1 more rep for you

i thought the cpu optional header was pwm as well--but wasnt sure

i used the cpu header any way just to be safe

and will set qfan to standard

havent got time to fully test it as its midnight here and got to start moving house in the morning

but seriously impresed so far with it after a quick 100% cpu load of 10 minutes

though have to say my h80 was easier to mount --but in all other ways your product is far superior

and was worried that having to fit it in a case not meant for a 360 rad which made me put the reservoir at the bottom of the case lower than the

pump would cause issues with trapped air--but no noise or gurgling thumb.gif
post #5726 of 20728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phelan View Post

If you're using the included splitter, and the pump changes speeds, it's running pwm. If the pump runs full speed when plugged into the splitter regardless of the setting, then the pump is running voltage. This is the ONLY safe way IMO on how to test and make sure the pump is running on pwm.

This is correct and is the best way to ensure that your pump is running on a PWM signal. Thanks for that Phelan.
post #5727 of 20728
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Freeman View Post

IC diamond is known to create micro scratches but not stain like CLU/CLP[/quote

IC Diamond does NOT create micro-scratches that is a false accusation by some viral idiots on youtube. All the high-end overclockers are using it and do you think they would continue to use it and recommend it to others if it messed up their cpu?? These guys have reputations for professionalism and accomplishment on overclock.net There is no way they would recommend a shoddy product. The same bunch who falsely claim micr-scratches also accused the CEO of IC Diamond of misconduct on the web. I read the transcript of his statement and in no way did he act with impropriety. My take is that the young guys attacking IC Diamond either suffer from roid rage or are trying to shake down the company.
post #5728 of 20728
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Freeman View Post

IC diamond is known to create micro scratches but not stain like CLU/CLP[/quote

IC Diamond does NOT create micro-scratches that is a false accusation by some viral idiots on youtube. All the high-end overclockers are using it and do you think they would continue to use it and recommend it to others if it messed up their cpu?? These guys have reputations for professionalism and accomplishment on overclock.net There is no way they would recommend a shoddy product. The same bunch who falsely claim micr-scratches also accused the CEO of IC Diamond of misconduct on the web. I read the transcript of his statement and in no way did he act with impropriety. My take is that the young guys attacking IC Diamond either suffer from roid rage or are trying to shake down the company.
post #5729 of 20728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phelan View Post

If you're using the included splitter, and the pump changes speeds, it's running pwm. If the pump runs full speed when plugged into the splitter regardless of the setting, then the pump is running voltage. This is the ONLY safe way IMO on how to test and make sure the pump is running on pwm.

yes using the splitter

how do i tell what is the pump speed and which is the fan speed?

on idle asus fan expert is showing 1560 rpm

on full load its showing 2200 rpm

edit---the fans probably cant do 2200rpm?

so thats probably my pump reading its showing?
Edited by mcnumpty23 - 8/11/13 at 4:22pm
post #5730 of 20728
my bad just from what i heard.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Swiftech H220/H320/H220X/H240X/H140X and CM Glacer 240L/360L Owners' Club