Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Swiftech H220/H320/H220X/H240X/H140X and CM Glacer 240L/360L Owners' Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Swiftech H220/H320/H220X/H240X/H140X and CM Glacer 240L/360L Owners' Club - Page 617

post #6161 of 20728
So I had the issue where my pump res was apparently low, so I added some distilled water and it solved it. But now 2 weeks later the issue has returned. Is this normal? Or is there something wrong?
post #6162 of 20728
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBoyTyler View Post

So I had the issue where my pump res was apparently low, so I added some distilled water and it solved it. But now 2 weeks later the issue has returned. Is this normal? Or is there something wrong?

When you say low, do you mean low on coolant?
post #6163 of 20728
Quote:
Originally Posted by BramSLI1 View Post

When you say low, do you mean low on coolant?
Yes, my bad on lack of details.
post #6164 of 20728
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBoyTyler View Post

Yes, my bad on lack of details.

Have you checked for any possible leaks?
post #6165 of 20728
Quote:
Originally Posted by BramSLI1 View Post

Have you checked for any possible leaks?
That's what I fear, but I have not spotted one. Never heard or seen any drips nor have I seen any wet spots in my PC. If the tubes coming out of the Radiator leak there will be drops next to my bottom fan. If the tubes from the pump are leaking... Well then there goes my $300 GPU which hasn't happened yet, knocking on wood as I type...
post #6166 of 20728
OK, the only other thing it would be is that there is still some air in the radiator or the loop. This is why you still need to top it off because it wasn't completely filled the first time. It will take several months or so, to a year before you would need to add even a little coolant to it.
post #6167 of 20728
Quote:
Originally Posted by BramSLI1 View Post

OK, the only other thing it would be is that there is still some air in the radiator or the loop. This is why you still need to top it off because it wasn't completely filled the first time. It will take several months or so, to a year before you would need to add even a little coolant to it.
So just keep adding Distilled water to it? Then around Christmas time just go ahead and add new coolant?
post #6168 of 20728
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBoyTyler View Post

So just keep adding Distilled water to it? Then around Christmas time just go ahead and add new coolant?

Just add distilled water until it's completely full. You may need to top it off after a few days of running so that it can have time to work all of the bubbles out. This is probably why you need to add more distilled water in the first place. You shouldn't need to replace the coolant for another 3 years once it's full and sealed back up. That's if you haven't expanded it and you don't expand it in that time frame.
post #6169 of 20728
just wondering should we top up the liquid to max? will it improve performance slightly or just a measure to prevent air/noise?

keen to top up myself but im afraid opening the vent will introduce air as my unit is working perfectly quiet at the moment.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
X4 940 Biostar 790GX 128M 4890 1GB 4GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
320GB 32X Samsung ODD Windows XP SP3 Dell FPW2407 
PowerCase
Corsair HX 520W Lian Li A07 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
X4 940 Biostar 790GX 128M 4890 1GB 4GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
320GB 32X Samsung ODD Windows XP SP3 Dell FPW2407 
PowerCase
Corsair HX 520W Lian Li A07 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6170 of 20728
Quote:
Originally Posted by dansi View Post

just wondering should we top up the liquid to max? will it improve performance slightly or just a measure to prevent air/noise?

keen to top up myself but im afraid opening the vent will introduce air as my unit is working perfectly quiet at the moment.

I didn't do a damn thing to mine, just installed it, hooked it up and that's that.
Gaming
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel 3500k @ 4.6 1.25v Z77A-GD65 (MS-7751) Asus GTX 770 SLI Asus GTX 770 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 Samsung 840 Sandisk Ultra Plus Pioneer DVD 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Cooler Master 212 EVO Windows Ultimate 64 Qnix QX2710 Cooler Master V700 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NZXT Phantom 630 Razor Deathadder Roccat Taito Asus Xonar DSX 
Other
Logitech Z5300E 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel 3500k @ 4.6 1.25v Z77A-GD65 (MS-7751) Asus GTX 770 SLI Asus GTX 770 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 Samsung 840 Sandisk Ultra Plus Pioneer DVD 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Cooler Master 212 EVO Windows Ultimate 64 Qnix QX2710 Cooler Master V700 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NZXT Phantom 630 Razor Deathadder Roccat Taito Asus Xonar DSX 
Other
Logitech Z5300E 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Swiftech H220/H320/H220X/H240X/H140X and CM Glacer 240L/360L Owners' Club