Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Swiftech H220/H320/H220X/H240X/H140X and CM Glacer 240L/360L Owners' Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Swiftech H220/H320/H220X/H240X/H140X and CM Glacer 240L/360L Owners' Club - Page 683

post #6821 of 20723
I just received my new impeller yesterday. Thanks to BramSLI1.





post #6822 of 20723
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlZ View Post

I remember Bram saying that the H320s come with the new impeller installed so there should be no pump noise issue on it what so ever.


I just noticed that the pump really vibrates a lot to the point it gets transmitted to my first card.. its not a small vibration but something you can really feel. I guess this is normal due to the pump? My X60 never had this kind of vibration though.

There shouldn't be a lotof vibration, maybe at max rpms. Have you checked to make sure all your motherboard standoffs are tight?
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabula View Post

Hi all,

I have been reading a lot about the Swiftech H220/320, and I am pretty set on a H320. (At first this will just be used to keep my new 4670K cool, but I may add a GPU (or two?) into the mix later.)

Before I purchase (in Australia), I have a couple of conerns I'm hoping you folks will able to help put to rest for me.

Does the H320 have the same chance of failure as the H220? I'm guessing the pump & everything beside the rad is identical?

If it's the same, does the H320 have the newer version of the impeller? Or is it possible to get the old version with the H320 too?

Thank you!

... on a side note, buying case I'm deciding between the NZXT H630, Phantom 630, or Switch 810 (price doesn't matter). Can't decide! Help if you can pls (I've read 7892934 reviews) :>

H320 are all new revision and awesome. Get the H630 with the optional big window thumb.gif.
Red Rover
(25 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel i5 2550K Asus Maximus V Gene XFX 6950 reference Avexir CORE series red LED 16 GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 120 GB SSD WD Blue 2.5" ASUS DVD-RW Win7 Ultimate 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Acer 23' LED LCD 5ms monitor Acer 23' LED LCD 5ms monitor Cooler Master Storm Trigger XFX 750w  
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NZXT Phantom Full Tower in White/Red Logitech G600 generic red/white/black mouse pad Sony 520w stereo 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Bitfenix single-sleeved cable extensions Red Swiftech MCR420-QP Swiftech MCR420-QP Swiftech Apogee Drive II 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Swiftech Maelsrtom EK FC6970 waterblock NZXT FS200 (x5) NZXT FX120 (x1) 
Other
XSPC Xinrulian 120mm (x8) 
  hide details  
Reply
Red Rover
(25 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel i5 2550K Asus Maximus V Gene XFX 6950 reference Avexir CORE series red LED 16 GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 120 GB SSD WD Blue 2.5" ASUS DVD-RW Win7 Ultimate 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Acer 23' LED LCD 5ms monitor Acer 23' LED LCD 5ms monitor Cooler Master Storm Trigger XFX 750w  
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NZXT Phantom Full Tower in White/Red Logitech G600 generic red/white/black mouse pad Sony 520w stereo 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Bitfenix single-sleeved cable extensions Red Swiftech MCR420-QP Swiftech MCR420-QP Swiftech Apogee Drive II 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Swiftech Maelsrtom EK FC6970 waterblock NZXT FS200 (x5) NZXT FX120 (x1) 
Other
XSPC Xinrulian 120mm (x8) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6823 of 20723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badness View Post

What speed do you guys run your pumps at for idle and load?
I would really like to know if you guys run them full speed on just the stock loop. Also, how low the pump will go on idle. I just ordered one $130 and I am not sure if I am going to sell it or keep it.

EDIT: What's this about failure rates on the H220??
Edited by Badness - 9/27/13 at 9:11am
 
Cheesecake
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k Gene-Z Gen3 R9 290 G.Skill Sniper 8 GB 1866 9-9-9-28-1T 
CoolingCoolingPowerCase
Kraken Lots of airflow :P TX850 version 2 Plasti-Dipped 350D 
AudioAudioAudio
Xonar DX [sold] Sennheiser HD 555 FiiO E10 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsCooling
Phenom II X4 @ 4000/2800 ASRock Extreme4 970 Big Air Cheesecake  Tr Silver Arrow 
CoolingCase
Tr Shaman Centurion 590 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Cheesecake
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k Gene-Z Gen3 R9 290 G.Skill Sniper 8 GB 1866 9-9-9-28-1T 
CoolingCoolingPowerCase
Kraken Lots of airflow :P TX850 version 2 Plasti-Dipped 350D 
AudioAudioAudio
Xonar DX [sold] Sennheiser HD 555 FiiO E10 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsCooling
Phenom II X4 @ 4000/2800 ASRock Extreme4 970 Big Air Cheesecake  Tr Silver Arrow 
CoolingCase
Tr Shaman Centurion 590 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6824 of 20723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badness View Post

I would really like to know if you guys run them full speed on just the stock loop. Also, how low the pump will go on idle. I just ordered one $130 and I am not sure if I am going to sell it or keep it.

my bios reports about 1500rpm on idle--dont know if it will go lower

and about 2200rpm on load so not full speed for me

over 2200rpm to me it gets audible--though that may be the fan noise as well as the pump

2600k at 5ghz with the h320
post #6825 of 20723
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnumpty23 View Post

my bios reports about 1500rpm on idle--dont know if it will go lower

and about 2200rpm on load so not full speed for me

over 2200rpm to me it gets audible--though that may be the fan noise as well as the pump

2600k at 5ghz with the h320
Thanks for the quick response. I know that too high RPM with too little radiator can be bad. Has anybody experienced this? Is the H220 actually that unreliable that I should be concerned?
 
Cheesecake
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k Gene-Z Gen3 R9 290 G.Skill Sniper 8 GB 1866 9-9-9-28-1T 
CoolingCoolingPowerCase
Kraken Lots of airflow :P TX850 version 2 Plasti-Dipped 350D 
AudioAudioAudio
Xonar DX [sold] Sennheiser HD 555 FiiO E10 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsCooling
Phenom II X4 @ 4000/2800 ASRock Extreme4 970 Big Air Cheesecake  Tr Silver Arrow 
CoolingCase
Tr Shaman Centurion 590 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Cheesecake
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k Gene-Z Gen3 R9 290 G.Skill Sniper 8 GB 1866 9-9-9-28-1T 
CoolingCoolingPowerCase
Kraken Lots of airflow :P TX850 version 2 Plasti-Dipped 350D 
AudioAudioAudio
Xonar DX [sold] Sennheiser HD 555 FiiO E10 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsCooling
Phenom II X4 @ 4000/2800 ASRock Extreme4 970 Big Air Cheesecake  Tr Silver Arrow 
CoolingCase
Tr Shaman Centurion 590 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6826 of 20723
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badness View Post

Thanks for the quick response. I know that too high RPM with too little radiator can be bad. Has anybody experienced this? Is the H220 actually that unreliable that I should be concerned?

The failure rates are actually greatly over exagerated in this thread because this is where people with failures are sent. Actual failure rate was openly shared via Gabe Rouchon (CEO) to be 3%.

Max rpm of this unit is throttled to 3K RPM so that running max 100% shouldn't be an issue. That being said, you don't need the speed to be over 1800 rpm to get 99.% peak performance as an AIO.
Red Rover
(25 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel i5 2550K Asus Maximus V Gene XFX 6950 reference Avexir CORE series red LED 16 GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 120 GB SSD WD Blue 2.5" ASUS DVD-RW Win7 Ultimate 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Acer 23' LED LCD 5ms monitor Acer 23' LED LCD 5ms monitor Cooler Master Storm Trigger XFX 750w  
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NZXT Phantom Full Tower in White/Red Logitech G600 generic red/white/black mouse pad Sony 520w stereo 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Bitfenix single-sleeved cable extensions Red Swiftech MCR420-QP Swiftech MCR420-QP Swiftech Apogee Drive II 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Swiftech Maelsrtom EK FC6970 waterblock NZXT FS200 (x5) NZXT FX120 (x1) 
Other
XSPC Xinrulian 120mm (x8) 
  hide details  
Reply
Red Rover
(25 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel i5 2550K Asus Maximus V Gene XFX 6950 reference Avexir CORE series red LED 16 GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 120 GB SSD WD Blue 2.5" ASUS DVD-RW Win7 Ultimate 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Acer 23' LED LCD 5ms monitor Acer 23' LED LCD 5ms monitor Cooler Master Storm Trigger XFX 750w  
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NZXT Phantom Full Tower in White/Red Logitech G600 generic red/white/black mouse pad Sony 520w stereo 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Bitfenix single-sleeved cable extensions Red Swiftech MCR420-QP Swiftech MCR420-QP Swiftech Apogee Drive II 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Swiftech Maelsrtom EK FC6970 waterblock NZXT FS200 (x5) NZXT FX120 (x1) 
Other
XSPC Xinrulian 120mm (x8) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6827 of 20723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phelan View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlZ View Post

I remember Bram saying that the H320s come with the new impeller installed so there should be no pump noise issue on it what so ever.


I just noticed that the pump really vibrates a lot to the point it gets transmitted to my first card.. its not a small vibration but something you can really feel. I guess this is normal due to the pump? My X60 never had this kind of vibration though.

There shouldn't be a lotof vibration, maybe at max rpms. Have you checked to make sure all your motherboard standoffs are tight?
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabula View Post

Hi all,

I have been reading a lot about the Swiftech H220/320, and I am pretty set on a H320. (At first this will just be used to keep my new 4670K cool, but I may add a GPU (or two?) into the mix later.)

Before I purchase (in Australia), I have a couple of conerns I'm hoping you folks will able to help put to rest for me.

Does the H320 have the same chance of failure as the H220? I'm guessing the pump & everything beside the rad is identical?

If it's the same, does the H320 have the newer version of the impeller? Or is it possible to get the old version with the H320 too?

Thank you!

... on a side note, buying case I'm deciding between the NZXT H630, Phantom 630, or Switch 810 (price doesn't matter). Can't decide! Help if you can pls (I've read 7892934 reviews) :>

H320 are all new revision and awesome. Get the H630 with the optional big window thumb.gif.

Max rpm, my board has fixed stand off. The pump it self is making the vibration. I cannot remember if it used to vibrate that much but i think it didnt. What can cause the pump to vibrate more than normal?
Nexus
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4790K Gigabyte Z87 G1 Sniper M5  2x Zotac 980Ti (Reference Design) Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz 4x4Gb (16Gb)... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial M550 256Gb Corsair Force GT 240Gb Seagate 3TB 2x Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Swiftec H220X w/ GT-AP15  Windows 8.1 Pro x64 Samsung 32EH5000 32" HD Direct lit LED TV Ducky Shine 3 [Cherry MX Blue , White LED] 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Coolermaster V1000 Corsair 350D Logitech G603 Puretrack Talent 
Audio
Logitech Z5500 5.1 Digital Speaker 
  hide details  
Reply
Nexus
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4790K Gigabyte Z87 G1 Sniper M5  2x Zotac 980Ti (Reference Design) Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz 4x4Gb (16Gb)... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial M550 256Gb Corsair Force GT 240Gb Seagate 3TB 2x Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Swiftec H220X w/ GT-AP15  Windows 8.1 Pro x64 Samsung 32EH5000 32" HD Direct lit LED TV Ducky Shine 3 [Cherry MX Blue , White LED] 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Coolermaster V1000 Corsair 350D Logitech G603 Puretrack Talent 
Audio
Logitech Z5500 5.1 Digital Speaker 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6828 of 20723
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlZ View Post

Max rpm, my board has fixed stand off. The pump it self is making the vibration. I cannot remember if it used to vibrate that much but i think it didnt. What can cause the pump to vibrate more than normal?

Is it noisier than before too, or is it just vibrating more than you remember? You have to remember also that these pumps are much stronger than the pumps in most other AIO kits.
post #6829 of 20723
Quote:
Originally Posted by BramSLI1 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlZ View Post

Max rpm, my board has fixed stand off. The pump it self is making the vibration. I cannot remember if it used to vibrate that much but i think it didnt. What can cause the pump to vibrate more than normal?

Is it noisier than before too, or is it just vibrating more than you remember? You have to remember also that these pumps are much stronger than the pumps in most other AIO kits.

As of posting my earlier reply, I was just using my phone now that I am at my PC its making another kind of noise that I've never heard before and the vibration is quite stronger than what I can remember. I'll be off to work in 5mins so I have to check this our further later on but the noise is very audible. It is audible at any RPM and changes in tone as the RPM lowers. Another trapped air bubble?

uploaded video.. it might still be processing for now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gB0KjBso6c
Edited by EarlZ - 9/27/13 at 2:25pm
Nexus
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4790K Gigabyte Z87 G1 Sniper M5  2x Zotac 980Ti (Reference Design) Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz 4x4Gb (16Gb)... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial M550 256Gb Corsair Force GT 240Gb Seagate 3TB 2x Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Swiftec H220X w/ GT-AP15  Windows 8.1 Pro x64 Samsung 32EH5000 32" HD Direct lit LED TV Ducky Shine 3 [Cherry MX Blue , White LED] 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Coolermaster V1000 Corsair 350D Logitech G603 Puretrack Talent 
Audio
Logitech Z5500 5.1 Digital Speaker 
  hide details  
Reply
Nexus
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4790K Gigabyte Z87 G1 Sniper M5  2x Zotac 980Ti (Reference Design) Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz 4x4Gb (16Gb)... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial M550 256Gb Corsair Force GT 240Gb Seagate 3TB 2x Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Swiftec H220X w/ GT-AP15  Windows 8.1 Pro x64 Samsung 32EH5000 32" HD Direct lit LED TV Ducky Shine 3 [Cherry MX Blue , White LED] 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Coolermaster V1000 Corsair 350D Logitech G603 Puretrack Talent 
Audio
Logitech Z5500 5.1 Digital Speaker 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6830 of 20723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phelan View Post

The failure rates are actually greatly over exagerated in this thread because this is where people with failures are sent. Actual failure rate was openly shared via Gabe Rouchon (CEO) to be 3%.

Max rpm of this unit is throttled to 3K RPM so that running max 100% shouldn't be an issue. That being said, you don't need the speed to be over 1800 rpm to get 99.% peak performance as an AIO.
Has any benchmark or review shown this fact?
 
Cheesecake
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k Gene-Z Gen3 R9 290 G.Skill Sniper 8 GB 1866 9-9-9-28-1T 
CoolingCoolingPowerCase
Kraken Lots of airflow :P TX850 version 2 Plasti-Dipped 350D 
AudioAudioAudio
Xonar DX [sold] Sennheiser HD 555 FiiO E10 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsCooling
Phenom II X4 @ 4000/2800 ASRock Extreme4 970 Big Air Cheesecake  Tr Silver Arrow 
CoolingCase
Tr Shaman Centurion 590 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Cheesecake
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k Gene-Z Gen3 R9 290 G.Skill Sniper 8 GB 1866 9-9-9-28-1T 
CoolingCoolingPowerCase
Kraken Lots of airflow :P TX850 version 2 Plasti-Dipped 350D 
AudioAudioAudio
Xonar DX [sold] Sennheiser HD 555 FiiO E10 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsCooling
Phenom II X4 @ 4000/2800 ASRock Extreme4 970 Big Air Cheesecake  Tr Silver Arrow 
CoolingCase
Tr Shaman Centurion 590 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Swiftech H220/H320/H220X/H240X/H140X and CM Glacer 240L/360L Owners' Club