Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Swiftech H220/H320/H220X/H240X/H140X and CM Glacer 240L/360L Owners' Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Swiftech H220/H320/H220X/H240X/H140X and CM Glacer 240L/360L Owners' Club - Page 738

post #7371 of 20817
i like the updated design of the Glacer, eliminates the possibility of voltage modulation the h220 may have suffered from.
 
Work Rig
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2700k @ 4.5GHz  Asus P8Z68-V/Gen3 Asus GTX 1070 Strix OC G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Crucial M4 128GB + 1TB F3 + Crucial M500 256GB Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 Pro Cooler Master Novatouch TKL 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Cooler Master V1000 600T SE Roccat Kone XTD Steel Series 9HD 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 Rampage III Gene 2x EVGA GTX 680 SLI 24gb HyperX 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
960GB Crucial M500 Intel Stock Windows 7 64bit Enterprise HP ZR2440w + Z24i 
KeyboardPowerCase
Ducky Brown Antec TP-750 Antec Sonata 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Work Rig
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2700k @ 4.5GHz  Asus P8Z68-V/Gen3 Asus GTX 1070 Strix OC G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Crucial M4 128GB + 1TB F3 + Crucial M500 256GB Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 Pro Cooler Master Novatouch TKL 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Cooler Master V1000 600T SE Roccat Kone XTD Steel Series 9HD 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 Rampage III Gene 2x EVGA GTX 680 SLI 24gb HyperX 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
960GB Crucial M500 Intel Stock Windows 7 64bit Enterprise HP ZR2440w + Z24i 
KeyboardPowerCase
Ducky Brown Antec TP-750 Antec Sonata 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7372 of 20817
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongomunken View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp33d Junki3 View Post

You can adjust the pump speed via PWM header of your Mobo with software like SpeedFan.

I was guessing that was the case. Is the pump not supposed to run at 100% though?

I'm just worried there is something wrong with it.
The pump is PWM and do not need to run at 100%. You can adjust it to make it run quiet or give higher performance.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3770k @ 4.2Ghz Asus Z77 Sabertooth EVGA GTX1060 3GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB BLT2K8G3D1608ET... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial MX100 512GB Corsair Force 115GB WD Green 1TB WD Green 2TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cryorig C1 + XT140 Win7 64 Home SP1 ASUS VE278Q CM Storm Trigger Brown Switch 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX650 NZXT S340 Logitech G500 Razer Goliathus Extended Mouse Pad - Speed 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Audiotrak Prodigy Cube DAC Edifier S330D 2.1 Speaker Bose AE2 Headphone Superlux 668B Headphone 
AudioAudioOtherOther
Logitech UE 4000 Headphone Sennheiser PC320 Headset MX-4 Thermal Paste (CPU/GPU) 3x 140mm Noctua NF-P14s Redux 1200rpm PWM 
OtherOther
1x 120mm Noctua NF-S12B Redux 1200rpm PWM NZXT 2m Sleeved White LED 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3770k @ 4.2Ghz Asus Z77 Sabertooth EVGA GTX1060 3GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB BLT2K8G3D1608ET... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial MX100 512GB Corsair Force 115GB WD Green 1TB WD Green 2TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cryorig C1 + XT140 Win7 64 Home SP1 ASUS VE278Q CM Storm Trigger Brown Switch 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX650 NZXT S340 Logitech G500 Razer Goliathus Extended Mouse Pad - Speed 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Audiotrak Prodigy Cube DAC Edifier S330D 2.1 Speaker Bose AE2 Headphone Superlux 668B Headphone 
AudioAudioOtherOther
Logitech UE 4000 Headphone Sennheiser PC320 Headset MX-4 Thermal Paste (CPU/GPU) 3x 140mm Noctua NF-P14s Redux 1200rpm PWM 
OtherOther
1x 120mm Noctua NF-S12B Redux 1200rpm PWM NZXT 2m Sleeved White LED 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7373 of 20817
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongomunken View Post

I just got my H220 and wanted to test how much noise it generates. I was somewhat surprised by the pump noise.

I connected the pump to the PWM splitter, the PWM splitter to my my PSU via sata, and fake started the PSU.
So I'm guessing it's running at 100% speed, and it's a bit loud. I'm new to watercooling. Is the pump not supposed to run at 100%, like my GPU, which runs at 30% mostly?
This is the noise recorded with my mic right by the pump (disregard the white noise):
http://vocaroo.com/i/s055b76mcXZ3
There was also lower a high pitched sound the mic didn't pick up

Should I be worried? Will it go away after I've used it a while, or are they supposed to sound like this?

I've been working with these kits for a while now, and at full speed some of these pumps are a little noisier than others. That's to be expected from a mass-produced product of this kind. These pumps also don't need to run at 100%. That's particularly true if you're only cooling your CPU. Please let me know if you have any issues though with this kit.
Sanjuro
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 8 core at 3.8 GHz Gigabyte Aorus X370 Gaming K7 EVGA GTX 980Ti Classified 16 gigs of Corsair Vengeance at 2933MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
256 gig Samsung 850 Pro ssd 2 Terabyte Western Digital drive Lite-On DVD burner Corsair H100i GTX Extreme 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 64 lg-34UM69G-B-ultrawide-monitor Corsair K70 Lux with Cherry MX Red switches and... EVGA 850 watt gold rated fully modular Super Nova 
CaseMouseAudio
Corsair 450 D Corsair M65 Pro Logitech Z506 5.1 surround sound system. 
  hide details  
Reply
Sanjuro
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 8 core at 3.8 GHz Gigabyte Aorus X370 Gaming K7 EVGA GTX 980Ti Classified 16 gigs of Corsair Vengeance at 2933MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
256 gig Samsung 850 Pro ssd 2 Terabyte Western Digital drive Lite-On DVD burner Corsair H100i GTX Extreme 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 64 lg-34UM69G-B-ultrawide-monitor Corsair K70 Lux with Cherry MX Red switches and... EVGA 850 watt gold rated fully modular Super Nova 
CaseMouseAudio
Corsair 450 D Corsair M65 Pro Logitech Z506 5.1 surround sound system. 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7374 of 20817
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrielzm View Post

Was the pump sitting on the floor or some other surface while testing? Have you tried lifting it up? Did the noise change? If so is a matter of coupling/decoupling. If not might be you need to bleed it a little bit (see instruction in the OP of this thread).

Good luck

EDIT - even the pump running a 100% should be really quiet and yes you can control it via PWM and adjust its rpm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp33d Junki3 View Post

The pump is PWM and do not need to run at 100%. You can adjust it to make it run quiet or give higher performance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BramSLI1 View Post

I've been working with these kits for a while now, and at full speed some of these pumps are a little noisier than others. That's to be expected from a mass-produced product of this kind. These pumps also don't need to run at 100%. That's particularly true if you're only cooling your CPU. Please let me know if you have any issues though with this kit.

First off, thanks for all the quick responses.
I tried lifting the pump, and the sound did not change. I also tried tilting the pump and move it around to try get out air.

That doesn't matter anymore though.
Either the pump died or it went dead quiet. I turned it on and off 3 times, and the third time it was dead silent.
(It's not the PWM splitter or PSU, fans work on the same connector)
It's completely inaudible. I guess it's dead, and I'll have to send a RMA. I'll try connecting it to a motherboard first though and see what speed it reports. (If it reports anything?)

Before it died I made a recording of how it sounds when starting:
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1Yoxhf0FHAm

edit: I want to add, it vibrated a good bit (when it was working). The vibrations were strong enough I could feel them through the table the pump was sitting on. (this might be normal, I don't know)
Edited by mongomunken - 10/30/13 at 11:17am
post #7375 of 20817
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongomunken View Post



First off, thanks for all the quick responses.
I tried lifting the pump, and the sound did not change. I also tried tilting the pump and move it around to try get out air.

That doesn't matter anymore though.
Either the pump died or it went dead quiet. I turned it on and off 3 times, and the third time it was dead silent.
(It's not the PWM splitter or PSU, fans work on the same connector)
It's completely inaudible. I guess it's dead, and I'll have to send a RMA. I'll try connecting it to a motherboard first though and see what speed it reports. (If it reports anything?)

Before it died I made a recording of how it sounds when starting:
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1Yoxhf0FHAm

edit: I want to add, it vibrated a good bit (when it was working). The vibrations were strong enough I could feel them through the table the pump was sitting on. (this might be normal, I don't know)

Can you do me a favor and try shaking the pump a little to see if it starts up again. It could be that air in the pump caused it to seize up. That would also account for the vibrations and noise that it was causing.
Sanjuro
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 8 core at 3.8 GHz Gigabyte Aorus X370 Gaming K7 EVGA GTX 980Ti Classified 16 gigs of Corsair Vengeance at 2933MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
256 gig Samsung 850 Pro ssd 2 Terabyte Western Digital drive Lite-On DVD burner Corsair H100i GTX Extreme 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 64 lg-34UM69G-B-ultrawide-monitor Corsair K70 Lux with Cherry MX Red switches and... EVGA 850 watt gold rated fully modular Super Nova 
CaseMouseAudio
Corsair 450 D Corsair M65 Pro Logitech Z506 5.1 surround sound system. 
  hide details  
Reply
Sanjuro
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 8 core at 3.8 GHz Gigabyte Aorus X370 Gaming K7 EVGA GTX 980Ti Classified 16 gigs of Corsair Vengeance at 2933MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
256 gig Samsung 850 Pro ssd 2 Terabyte Western Digital drive Lite-On DVD burner Corsair H100i GTX Extreme 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 64 lg-34UM69G-B-ultrawide-monitor Corsair K70 Lux with Cherry MX Red switches and... EVGA 850 watt gold rated fully modular Super Nova 
CaseMouseAudio
Corsair 450 D Corsair M65 Pro Logitech Z506 5.1 surround sound system. 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7376 of 20817
Quote:
Originally Posted by BramSLI1 View Post

Can you do me a favor and try shaking the pump a little to see if it starts up again. It could be that air in the pump caused it to seize up. That would also account for the vibrations and noise that it was causing.

Woop - that started it! The noise is back. So this means there's most likely air bubbles causing the problems?
I guess I'll try tilting it around for a while again then.

I'm planning on extending the loop (and thus refilling it anyway) when I get the rest of my parts; I just want to be sure this thing isn't broken.
post #7377 of 20817
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongomunken View Post

Woop - that started it! The noise is back. So this means there's most likely air bubbles causing the problems?
I guess I'll try tilting it around for a while again then.

I'm planning on extending the loop (and thus refilling it anyway) when I get the rest of my parts; I just want to be sure this thing isn't broken.

PM me before you refill it and I'll help with a way to do so that prevents the pump from sucking air into it while you're bleeding the loop. I think most likely it's an air bubble in the pump that's causing your problem.
Sanjuro
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 8 core at 3.8 GHz Gigabyte Aorus X370 Gaming K7 EVGA GTX 980Ti Classified 16 gigs of Corsair Vengeance at 2933MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
256 gig Samsung 850 Pro ssd 2 Terabyte Western Digital drive Lite-On DVD burner Corsair H100i GTX Extreme 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 64 lg-34UM69G-B-ultrawide-monitor Corsair K70 Lux with Cherry MX Red switches and... EVGA 850 watt gold rated fully modular Super Nova 
CaseMouseAudio
Corsair 450 D Corsair M65 Pro Logitech Z506 5.1 surround sound system. 
  hide details  
Reply
Sanjuro
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 8 core at 3.8 GHz Gigabyte Aorus X370 Gaming K7 EVGA GTX 980Ti Classified 16 gigs of Corsair Vengeance at 2933MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
256 gig Samsung 850 Pro ssd 2 Terabyte Western Digital drive Lite-On DVD burner Corsair H100i GTX Extreme 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 64 lg-34UM69G-B-ultrawide-monitor Corsair K70 Lux with Cherry MX Red switches and... EVGA 850 watt gold rated fully modular Super Nova 
CaseMouseAudio
Corsair 450 D Corsair M65 Pro Logitech Z506 5.1 surround sound system. 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7378 of 20817
Quote:
Originally Posted by BramSLI1 View Post

PM me before you refill it and I'll help with a way to do so that prevents the pump from sucking air into it while you're bleeding the loop. I think most likely it's an air bubble in the pump that's causing your problem.

Cool, thanks! (pun not intended)
post #7379 of 20817
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp33d Junki3 View Post

Only issue with HAF X case is the mounting. There is only 4 screw spots, which is not very secure and has vibrations with it.
NCIX is Nov 15th and that is not guaranteed.
As seen here on how a 360 rad is mounted.
Yes November 15. Brain fart on my part and I can always drill 2 more holes to make it 6 screws
post #7380 of 20817
If you are having vibrations you can always add some rubber washers, I added some to all my fans in my case and it really helpe thumb.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Swiftech H220/H320/H220X/H240X/H140X and CM Glacer 240L/360L Owners' Club