Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Swiftech H220/H320/H220X/H240X/H140X and CM Glacer 240L/360L Owners' Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Swiftech H220/H320/H220X/H240X/H140X and CM Glacer 240L/360L Owners' Club - Page 774

post #7731 of 20731
Im using noctua nf 12 in push pull and have to say that that adding the two ut 60 rads barely improved temps.

I was about to purchase an mo-ra3 external radiator or phobya 1080 but now i am not sure if temps will improve much when considering that 2 ut60 did not help
Edited by marc0053 - 11/18/13 at 4:30am
  
Reply
  
Reply
post #7732 of 20731
Did you reseat the cpu? Tim application may suck for all we know. Adding rads should definitely help...
post #7733 of 20731
I reseated probably 5-6 times since I noticed these high temps. Even tried rotating the cpu block 90 and 180degree with no luck.
  
Reply
  
Reply
post #7734 of 20731
Well my H220 bit the dust last night while playing a game. I went from a120FPS to 2 FPS in about 10 seconds. I checked and sure enough the pump wasn't running. I put another cooler I had on and it worked perfectly. I was worried my cpu fan header on my mobo might have went bad, but the other cooler works fine. Looks like I gotta do an RMA.
post #7735 of 20731
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc0053 View Post

Has anyone compared the h220 cpu block with other blocks? Im thinking to modify my h220 and use the pump only and buy another cpu block. I find my temps are still way to hot in my expanded unit. Have h220 + 2 additional ut60 240mm rads. I also purchased an mcp35x pump that i haven't installed yet. One of my cores reach 91C on a 3930k at 4.7ghz while the rest hovers around 75-80C.

Edit:
Nevermind what I wrote, didn't realise you were the person whp reseated and had the noctua fans already...guess thats what happens when you browse ocn first thing in the morning while waiting for the coffee to brew lol

11c temp difference makes me wonder about checking your thermal paste. Take the cooler off and see how even it is, but re paste while its off. Be sure to use a high quality paste too. That alone can be worth a few C plus a bad paste job and it sounds like you solve your problem. Look up the linus tech youtube review on the h220 to see the difference fans make as well.
Edited by 66racer - 11/18/13 at 6:44am
2014 nerd box evo
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 1100T x6 4244mhz 3065cpu-nb (fx8150 at 4.9g... Asus Crosshair V Formula Asus gtx570 dcII- 890/1780/2200@1088mv corsair dominator gt 8GB 1866 @1886 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
corsair f120ssd/seagate 1TB Asus cd/dvd burner Antec Kuhler 920 semi-custom loop (2 radiators) win7 professional 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Gateway 23" 1920x1080 corsair ax850 Rosewill blackhawk w/hdd bay mod logitech mx518 
  hide details  
Reply
2014 nerd box evo
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 1100T x6 4244mhz 3065cpu-nb (fx8150 at 4.9g... Asus Crosshair V Formula Asus gtx570 dcII- 890/1780/2200@1088mv corsair dominator gt 8GB 1866 @1886 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
corsair f120ssd/seagate 1TB Asus cd/dvd burner Antec Kuhler 920 semi-custom loop (2 radiators) win7 professional 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Gateway 23" 1920x1080 corsair ax850 Rosewill blackhawk w/hdd bay mod logitech mx518 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7736 of 20731
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc0053 View Post

I reseated probably 5-6 times since I noticed these high temps. Even tried rotating the cpu block 90 and 180degree with no luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guinner16 View Post

Well my H220 bit the dust last night while playing a game. I went from a120FPS to 2 FPS in about 10 seconds. I checked and sure enough the pump wasn't running. I put another cooler I had on and it worked perfectly. I was worried my cpu fan header on my mobo might have went bad, but the other cooler works fine. Looks like I gotta do an RMA.

@marc0053 Maybe your pump is dead like his?
post #7737 of 20731
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanlabrie View Post


@marc0053 Maybe your pump is dead like his?
My pump seams to be working as I hear it running and i see the liquid through my mtherboard waterblock circulating.
  
Reply
  
Reply
post #7738 of 20731
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc0053 View Post

My pump seams to be working as I hear it running and i see the liquid through my mtherboard waterblock circulating.

I'm pretty much having the same problem as you. I know the pump is working since I hear water but my temps skyrocketed. Right now I'm idling at 58c with cores 1-4 in the mid 70c. Can't even play games, it gets way too hot. I'm gonna have to put my h50 back on and RMA this H220.
post #7739 of 20731
my idle is around 26-34C its just the load temps that concern me
  
Reply
  
Reply
post #7740 of 20731
Quote:
Originally Posted by bvsbutthd101 View Post

I'm pretty much having the same problem as you. I know the pump is working since I hear water but my temps skyrocketed. Right now I'm idling at 58c with cores 1-4 in the mid 70c. Can't even play games, it gets way too hot. I'm gonna have to put my h50 back on and RMA this H220.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc0053 View Post

my idle is around 26-34C its just the load temps that concern me

It will help if you can both tell me what your motherboards indicate what speed your pump is running. This will help me to diagnose your issue. It would also help if you could both post some pictures that show how your loops are set up.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Swiftech H220/H320/H220X/H240X/H140X and CM Glacer 240L/360L Owners' Club