Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Swiftech H220/H320/H220X/H240X/H140X and CM Glacer 240L/360L Owners' Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Swiftech H220/H320/H220X/H240X/H140X and CM Glacer 240L/360L Owners' Club - Page 777

post #7761 of 20904
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc0053 View Post

Is it possible the ram is causing local warming of the cpu area without greatly affecting water temperature in the loop?
I never noticed the difference in water temperature when adding additional rads or fans.
I am considering buying another cpu and trying it to see if the problem persists, if not, return it or sell it.

I do tighten the H220 cpu block until I can't turn any of the 4 screws anymore. I also do a slight turn of each screw at a time in a diagonal fashion. Maybe I should try re-orienting the cpu block 90 degree and 180 degrees again.

It's highly unlikely that the close proximity of your memory would cause your CPU temperatures to increase by that much. I've just never heard of anything like that before. I've also asked our engineer here if he's aware of anything like that, and he said it just isn't possible.

Also check your motherboard blocks for proper contact. If they aren't making proper contact that would increase the temperature of the coolant as well.
Sanjuro
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 8 core at 3.8 GHz Gigabyte Aorus X370 Gaming K7 EVGA GTX 980Ti Classified 16 gigs of Corsair Vengeance at 2933MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
256 gig Samsung 850 Pro ssd 2 Terabyte Western Digital drive Lite-On DVD burner Corsair H100i GTX Extreme 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 64 LG 34UM69G-B Ultrawide Monitor Corsair K70 Lux with Cherry MX Red switches and... EVGA 850 watt gold rated fully modular Super Nova 
CaseMouseAudio
Corsair 780T Corsair M65 Pro Logitech Z506 5.1 surround sound system. 
  hide details  
Reply
Sanjuro
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 8 core at 3.8 GHz Gigabyte Aorus X370 Gaming K7 EVGA GTX 980Ti Classified 16 gigs of Corsair Vengeance at 2933MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
256 gig Samsung 850 Pro ssd 2 Terabyte Western Digital drive Lite-On DVD burner Corsair H100i GTX Extreme 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 64 LG 34UM69G-B Ultrawide Monitor Corsair K70 Lux with Cherry MX Red switches and... EVGA 850 watt gold rated fully modular Super Nova 
CaseMouseAudio
Corsair 780T Corsair M65 Pro Logitech Z506 5.1 surround sound system. 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7762 of 20904
Each ram block is super restrictive Bram...isn't that the problem?
post #7763 of 20904
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanlabrie View Post

Each ram block is super restrictive Bram...isn't that the problem?

I don't have waterblocks on the ram though. only on the motherboard.
I installed the waterblock on the motherboard last week and cpu temperatures were identical both before and after installing the block.

Thanks again everyone for helping me with this issue. I was about to throw another 400-500$ on rads, fittings, fans, etc to help reduce cpu temps. But I figure I should try and solve this issue first.
I see 2 others using a similar setup as I have and there core temperatures are very consistent across all 6 cores at 4.6 and 4.8GHz, whereas mine vary almost by 16C.
I mostly use this rig for benching GPUs, then gaming, then work stuff.
Edited by marc0053 - 11/18/13 at 3:47pm
post #7764 of 20904
Sounds like my goals, and my rig, except for the hexa part (still in progress) tongue.gif
How did pump speed affect temps?
Good luck fixing it.
post #7765 of 20904
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc0053 View Post

I don't have waterblocks on the ram though. only on the motherboard.
I installed the waterblock on the motherboard last week and cpu temperatures were identical both before and after installing the block.

Thanks again everyone for helping me with this issue. I was about to throw another 400-500$ on rads, fittings, fans, etc to help reduce cpu temps. But I figure I should try and solve this issue first.
I see 2 others using a similar setup as I have and there core temperatures are very consistent across all 6 cores at 4.6 and 4.8GHz, whereas mine vary almost by 16C.
I mostly use this rig for benching GPUs, then gaming, then work stuff.

That's what makes me think that you have issues with contact. It's either the contact between your IHS and the block, or your CPU and the IHS. There is definitely some kind of contact issue going on though because if it was an issue related to flow your temperatures would be horrible across all cores, and not just the hottest ones.
Sanjuro
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 8 core at 3.8 GHz Gigabyte Aorus X370 Gaming K7 EVGA GTX 980Ti Classified 16 gigs of Corsair Vengeance at 2933MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
256 gig Samsung 850 Pro ssd 2 Terabyte Western Digital drive Lite-On DVD burner Corsair H100i GTX Extreme 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 64 LG 34UM69G-B Ultrawide Monitor Corsair K70 Lux with Cherry MX Red switches and... EVGA 850 watt gold rated fully modular Super Nova 
CaseMouseAudio
Corsair 780T Corsair M65 Pro Logitech Z506 5.1 surround sound system. 
  hide details  
Reply
Sanjuro
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 8 core at 3.8 GHz Gigabyte Aorus X370 Gaming K7 EVGA GTX 980Ti Classified 16 gigs of Corsair Vengeance at 2933MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
256 gig Samsung 850 Pro ssd 2 Terabyte Western Digital drive Lite-On DVD burner Corsair H100i GTX Extreme 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 64 LG 34UM69G-B Ultrawide Monitor Corsair K70 Lux with Cherry MX Red switches and... EVGA 850 watt gold rated fully modular Super Nova 
CaseMouseAudio
Corsair 780T Corsair M65 Pro Logitech Z506 5.1 surround sound system. 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7766 of 20904
Whats the best way to clean the rad and pump out? Before I put some fresh water in it, I want to make sure I got all this stuff out of it.
post #7767 of 20904
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanlabrie View Post

Sounds like my goals, and my rig, except for the hexa part (still in progress) tongue.gif
How did pump speed affect temps?
Good luck fixing it.

I have the pump plugged in the cpu PWN header so I would assume it goes full speed on load? if so, I would imagine that cpu temperatures would be similar as if I manually set the pump to max speed. I should probably try it to see if there is any changes.
post #7768 of 20904
Quote:
Originally Posted by BramSLI1 View Post

That's what makes me think that you have issues with contact. It's either the contact between your IHS and the block, or your CPU and the IHS. There is definitely some kind of contact issue going on though because if it was an issue related to flow your temperatures would be horrible across all cores, and not just the hottest ones.
Good point. I will have a closer look at the mounting bracket to see if there's is a poor contact point somewhere. I'm hoping that is it that simple biggrin.gif
post #7769 of 20904
Quote:
Originally Posted by bvsbutthd101 View Post

Whats the best way to clean the rad and pump out? Before I put some fresh water in it, I want to make sure I got all this stuff out of it.

The best way is to disconnect them and run distilled water through them separately. I think the particles that you found in the coolant are likely from plasticizer. It's common with any type of flexible tubing of this kind. It also shouldn't have any harmful effects on the pump though. It would have to in a really high concentration to have any adverse effects on this pump.

What you can also do is run hot tap water through the radiator and the pump and then just rinse them out with distilled before using them. This is if you don't have access to enough distilled water to flush the kit with. Let me know if flushing it out helps to resolve your issue.
Sanjuro
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 8 core at 3.8 GHz Gigabyte Aorus X370 Gaming K7 EVGA GTX 980Ti Classified 16 gigs of Corsair Vengeance at 2933MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
256 gig Samsung 850 Pro ssd 2 Terabyte Western Digital drive Lite-On DVD burner Corsair H100i GTX Extreme 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 64 LG 34UM69G-B Ultrawide Monitor Corsair K70 Lux with Cherry MX Red switches and... EVGA 850 watt gold rated fully modular Super Nova 
CaseMouseAudio
Corsair 780T Corsair M65 Pro Logitech Z506 5.1 surround sound system. 
  hide details  
Reply
Sanjuro
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 8 core at 3.8 GHz Gigabyte Aorus X370 Gaming K7 EVGA GTX 980Ti Classified 16 gigs of Corsair Vengeance at 2933MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
256 gig Samsung 850 Pro ssd 2 Terabyte Western Digital drive Lite-On DVD burner Corsair H100i GTX Extreme 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 64 LG 34UM69G-B Ultrawide Monitor Corsair K70 Lux with Cherry MX Red switches and... EVGA 850 watt gold rated fully modular Super Nova 
CaseMouseAudio
Corsair 780T Corsair M65 Pro Logitech Z506 5.1 surround sound system. 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7770 of 20904
Quote:
Originally Posted by BramSLI1 View Post

The best way is to disconnect them and run distilled water through them separately. I think the particles that you found in the coolant are likely from plasticizer. It's common with any type of flexible tubing of this kind. It also shouldn't have any harmful effects on the pump though. It would have to in a really high concentration to have any adverse effects on this pump.

What you can also do is run hot tap water through the radiator and the pump and then just rinse them out with distilled before using them. This is if you don't have access to enough distilled water to flush the kit with. Let me know if flushing it out helps to resolve your issue.

Alright thanks, I've been running tab water through it. Still some of those particles are coming out so I'm gonna make sure it's all before filling it up. I bought a gallon of distilled water the other day plus it's cheap so if I need more I get some.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Swiftech H220/H320/H220X/H240X/H140X and CM Glacer 240L/360L Owners' Club