Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Swiftech H220/H320/H220X/H240X/H140X and CM Glacer 240L/360L Owners' Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Swiftech H220/H320/H220X/H240X/H140X and CM Glacer 240L/360L Owners' Club - Page 848

post #8471 of 20767
Quote:
Originally Posted by agarabaghi View Post

I didn't tihnk of the pump placement, but if there is no air i dont think there shouldnt be an issue, right. I figured i would cool the gpu with the coolest water as it run the hottest first.

I don't have room for a 220mm rad, but i picked up anothe 120 swifech and 2 more fittings and might loop it in between the gpu and cpu with a fan blowing out the back of the case... That should help a good bit right?

Like I stated previously, the order of your components makes no difference in terms of cooling performance. You won't be dumping hot coolant from one component onto the next. Water cooling doesn't work that way. If it did there would be virtually no point in even doing water cooling. Just make sure that the inlet to the pump is fed directly by the reservoir and then just go the shortest distance between each component for as clean a look as possible.

Adding a 120mm fan radiator I really don't think is going to cut it with that card. Those are the hottest running video cards that I've ever seen. We water cooled a couple of them in a build for CES and their load temp was still in the mid 40s Celsius with an extreme water cooling system. I was quite surprised at how hot they were still running with the water cooling system we had built for them.
post #8472 of 20767
Quote:
Originally Posted by BramSLI1 View Post

One of the improvements that I really like about it is the see-through reservoir so you can actually see the fluid level without removing your fill-port cap. The improved CPU block is a nice touch too, and the ability to use any G 1/4 fittings. Actually, I guess there are several improvements that I like about this new kit.

Screenshots or it didn't happen.


Do you have anything up on FB or something? Currently at work so I can't see anything about it, and nothing in the news yet about the h220x.
Nightrider
(17 items)
 
Commodore 64
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3930k x79 gd45 PLUS GTX Titan Crucial Ballistix Sport VLP  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
HyperX 3k Intel 320 Seagate Barracuda Swifttech H220 
CoolingCoolingOSOS
Swifttech 220QP Corsair SP120 Windows 8.1 Pro Windows 10 Pro 
OSOSMonitorMonitor
Windows 7 Home Ubuntu 15.4 QNIX 2710 Catleap 2B 
Keyboard
Ducky - Cherry MX Red 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k DZ77GA - 70K GTX670-DC2-4GD5  MV-3V4G3D/US 
Hard DriveCoolingOSOS
HyperX 3k CM 212 + Win 7 64 ubuntu 
PowerCase
Seventeam 850w modular CS-NT-ZERO-2  
  hide details  
Reply
Nightrider
(17 items)
 
Commodore 64
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3930k x79 gd45 PLUS GTX Titan Crucial Ballistix Sport VLP  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
HyperX 3k Intel 320 Seagate Barracuda Swifttech H220 
CoolingCoolingOSOS
Swifttech 220QP Corsair SP120 Windows 8.1 Pro Windows 10 Pro 
OSOSMonitorMonitor
Windows 7 Home Ubuntu 15.4 QNIX 2710 Catleap 2B 
Keyboard
Ducky - Cherry MX Red 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k DZ77GA - 70K GTX670-DC2-4GD5  MV-3V4G3D/US 
Hard DriveCoolingOSOS
HyperX 3k CM 212 + Win 7 64 ubuntu 
PowerCase
Seventeam 850w modular CS-NT-ZERO-2  
  hide details  
Reply
post #8473 of 20767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinm210 View Post

Nice! Any pics to share yet! biggrin.gif
I'm waiting for that too. I wonder how it looks now.
post #8474 of 20767
Quote:
Originally Posted by BramSLI1 View Post

Like I stated previously, the order of your components makes no difference in terms of cooling performance. You won't be dumping hot coolant from one component onto the next. Water cooling doesn't work that way. If it did there would be virtually no point in even doing water cooling. Just make sure that the inlet to the pump is fed directly by the reservoir and then just go the shortest distance between each component for as clean a look as possible.

Adding a 120mm fan radiator I really don't think is going to cut it with that card. Those are the hottest running video cards that I've ever seen. We water cooled a couple of them in a build for CES and their load temp was still in the mid 40s Celsius with an extreme water cooling system. I was quite surprised at how hot they were still running with the water cooling system we had built for them.

Really im looking to cool it a bit more to reduce power consumption while mining, do you think it will run cooler than stock reference air with said setup?

If yes, then it should by all means run cooler with an extra 120 fan radiator right?

Im not looking for extremely cool temps (until i step up my case / radaitor sizes) but just to achieve cooler than reference temps and those noisy reference coolers...
Blackness
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intil i7 4770k @ 4.5ghz Asus Sabertooth z87 XFX 7970 Double D G.Skill 10666 DDR3 12gig  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial 256gig M500 Toshiba 128 SSD 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
1TB Western Digital Caviar Black Lite-On DVDRW Coolermaster 240m NZXT Kraken G10 w/ Kraken G40 Cooler 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
(2) Cougar Vortex PWM 120mm radiator fans (2) Corsais AP 120 quiet edition on 7v adaptors Windows 7 x64 3x 22" DELL 1080p 
PowerCase
Corsair TX750 PSU Coolermaste CM 690 ii 
  hide details  
Reply
Blackness
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intil i7 4770k @ 4.5ghz Asus Sabertooth z87 XFX 7970 Double D G.Skill 10666 DDR3 12gig  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial 256gig M500 Toshiba 128 SSD 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
1TB Western Digital Caviar Black Lite-On DVDRW Coolermaster 240m NZXT Kraken G10 w/ Kraken G40 Cooler 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
(2) Cougar Vortex PWM 120mm radiator fans (2) Corsais AP 120 quiet edition on 7v adaptors Windows 7 x64 3x 22" DELL 1080p 
PowerCase
Corsair TX750 PSU Coolermaste CM 690 ii 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8475 of 20767
Quote:
Originally Posted by agarabaghi View Post

Really im looking to cool it a bit more to reduce power consumption while mining, do you think it will run cooler than stock reference air with said setup?

If yes, then it should by all means run cooler with an extra 120 fan radiator right?

Im not looking for extremely cool temps (until i step up my case / radaitor sizes) but just to achieve cooler than reference temps and those noisy reference coolers...

What's your ambient temperature and how do you have the fans in your case setup?
post #8476 of 20767
Quote:
Originally Posted by agarabaghi View Post

Really im looking to cool it a bit more to reduce power consumption while mining, do you think it will run cooler than stock reference air with said setup?

If yes, then it should by all means run cooler with an extra 120 fan radiator right?

Im not looking for extremely cool temps (until i step up my case / radaitor sizes) but just to achieve cooler than reference temps and those noisy reference coolers...

the moment a waterblock hits the gpu, temperatures generally drop significantly compared to air cooling. Tis why the less WC enthusiasts are picking up brackets even faster, as they know that even a simple 120mm rad/block can significantly drop core temps, the only thing it doesn't help as much is VRM temps, which is what fan brackets/heatsinks and fullblocks are for
Obligatory Build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-3770K Asus P8Z77-M Pro Sapphire Reference 290 w/ Aquacomputer Kryogeni... Samsung Low Voltage 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingMonitor
Western Digital Caviar Blue PNY XLR8 Swiftech H220 + Swiftech 120mm Rad Acer P216HL Black 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Legend Rosewill Hive 550w Silverstone PS07B-W Mionix Avior 7000 
Mouse Pad
Custom Artscow Mousepad 
  hide details  
Reply
Obligatory Build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-3770K Asus P8Z77-M Pro Sapphire Reference 290 w/ Aquacomputer Kryogeni... Samsung Low Voltage 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingMonitor
Western Digital Caviar Blue PNY XLR8 Swiftech H220 + Swiftech 120mm Rad Acer P216HL Black 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Legend Rosewill Hive 550w Silverstone PS07B-W Mionix Avior 7000 
Mouse Pad
Custom Artscow Mousepad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8477 of 20767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avonosac View Post

Screenshots or it didn't happen.


Do you have anything up on FB or something? Currently at work so I can't see anything about it, and nothing in the news yet about the h220x.

You'll see them shortly. I got to work with these new kits because I helped Stephen install them for CES.
post #8478 of 20767
Quote:
Originally Posted by BramSLI1 View Post

What's your ambient temperature and how do you have the fans in your case setup?

Right now i dont have the 290x installed of the 240L (they are on order).

Currently I have:

Front: Corsair AP 120 quiet edition @ 7v blowing into the case
Bottom: Cougar vortex 140 blowing into the case
Top: 240m radiator with 2x cougar 120 vortex pwm blowing through the radiator out the top of the case
Back: Corsair AP 120 quiet edition @ 7v blowing out the back of hte case
Video: XFX 7970 Double D
CPU: i7 4770 Cooled off the 240m

The house itself is around 75* ambient, but im not sure the case ambient.

When i run the rig at full mining speed the 7970 does 750hash @ 75-77*

The plans was to introduce this basic loop to the 290x and i7 4770 and game of that, while running cgminer off the 7970 and a g10 kraken / kraken x40 combo 100% of the time. When im not gaming I would load up another cgminer script that ran both gpus to mine.

So really im just looking to run it cooler and quieter than stock. That is until i get a proper case that can hold bigger rads etc...
Blackness
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intil i7 4770k @ 4.5ghz Asus Sabertooth z87 XFX 7970 Double D G.Skill 10666 DDR3 12gig  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial 256gig M500 Toshiba 128 SSD 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
1TB Western Digital Caviar Black Lite-On DVDRW Coolermaster 240m NZXT Kraken G10 w/ Kraken G40 Cooler 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
(2) Cougar Vortex PWM 120mm radiator fans (2) Corsais AP 120 quiet edition on 7v adaptors Windows 7 x64 3x 22" DELL 1080p 
PowerCase
Corsair TX750 PSU Coolermaste CM 690 ii 
  hide details  
Reply
Blackness
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intil i7 4770k @ 4.5ghz Asus Sabertooth z87 XFX 7970 Double D G.Skill 10666 DDR3 12gig  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial 256gig M500 Toshiba 128 SSD 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
1TB Western Digital Caviar Black Lite-On DVDRW Coolermaster 240m NZXT Kraken G10 w/ Kraken G40 Cooler 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
(2) Cougar Vortex PWM 120mm radiator fans (2) Corsais AP 120 quiet edition on 7v adaptors Windows 7 x64 3x 22" DELL 1080p 
PowerCase
Corsair TX750 PSU Coolermaste CM 690 ii 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8479 of 20767
Quote:
Originally Posted by agarabaghi View Post

Right now i dont have the 290x installed of the 240L (they are on order).

Currently I have:

Front: Corsair AP 120 quiet edition @ 7v blowing into the case
Bottom: Cougar vortex 140 blowing into the case
Top: 240m radiator with 2x cougar 120 vortex pwm blowing through the radiator out the top of the case
Back: Corsair AP 120 quiet edition @ 7v blowing out the back of hte case
Video: XFX 7970 Double D
CPU: i7 4770 Cooled off the 240m

The house itself is around 75* ambient, but im not sure the case ambient.

When i run the rig at full mining speed the 7970 does 750hash @ 75-77*

The plans was to introduce this basic loop to the 290x and i7 4770 and game of that, while running cgminer off the 7970 and a g10 kraken / kraken x40 combo 100% of the time. When im not gaming I would load up another cgminer script that ran both gpus to mine.


So really im just looking to run it cooler and quieter than stock. That is until i get a proper case that can hold bigger rads etc...

OK, then adding the extra 120mm fan radiator will probably get you by with that configuration. I've got a customer on our own forum that tried to use an H220 to cool his 4770K and two 290x GPUs. Needless to say it didn't work out once the GPUs were on full load. With only one GPU on full load though he was OK. Not great, but OK. Load temperatures were in the low 70s. With an added 120mm radiator I would think you would be in about the low to mid 60s.
post #8480 of 20767
Quote:
Originally Posted by BramSLI1 View Post

OK, then adding the extra 120mm fan radiator will probably get you by with that configuration. I've got a customer on our own forum that tried to use an H220 to cool his 4770K and two 290x GPUs. Needless to say it didn't work out once the GPUs were on full load. With only one GPU on full load though he was OK. Not great, but OK. Load temperatures were in the low 70s. With an added 120mm radiator I would think you would be in about the low to mid 60s.

Oh wow, that is exactly what I wanted to hear.

Ill be sure to keep people posted. And put some pics up, im sure my first build will be very ugly ha.
Blackness
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intil i7 4770k @ 4.5ghz Asus Sabertooth z87 XFX 7970 Double D G.Skill 10666 DDR3 12gig  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial 256gig M500 Toshiba 128 SSD 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
1TB Western Digital Caviar Black Lite-On DVDRW Coolermaster 240m NZXT Kraken G10 w/ Kraken G40 Cooler 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
(2) Cougar Vortex PWM 120mm radiator fans (2) Corsais AP 120 quiet edition on 7v adaptors Windows 7 x64 3x 22" DELL 1080p 
PowerCase
Corsair TX750 PSU Coolermaste CM 690 ii 
  hide details  
Reply
Blackness
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intil i7 4770k @ 4.5ghz Asus Sabertooth z87 XFX 7970 Double D G.Skill 10666 DDR3 12gig  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial 256gig M500 Toshiba 128 SSD 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
1TB Western Digital Caviar Black Lite-On DVDRW Coolermaster 240m NZXT Kraken G10 w/ Kraken G40 Cooler 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
(2) Cougar Vortex PWM 120mm radiator fans (2) Corsais AP 120 quiet edition on 7v adaptors Windows 7 x64 3x 22" DELL 1080p 
PowerCase
Corsair TX750 PSU Coolermaste CM 690 ii 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Swiftech H220/H320/H220X/H240X/H140X and CM Glacer 240L/360L Owners' Club