Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Swiftech H220/H320/H220X/H240X/H140X and CM Glacer 240L/360L Owners' Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Swiftech H220/H320/H220X/H240X/H140X and CM Glacer 240L/360L Owners' Club - Page 939

post #9381 of 20767
Hi,

First of all, I must state I've never done WC before, so I'm a complete noob in that regard.

I'm building a new PC with an i7 4770K, a Hero board and a GTX 780 Ti, and I plan on watercool the CPU for now.

I'm in Portugal and my budget for WaterCooling is around 150/200€. Do you think I should go with a Swiftech H320? Is it good value for my money? I'd like to add a block for the VGA in the near future.

Where can I get one? I can't seem to find it in stock on any of the European Amazon sites. A friend told me about the Highflow.nl shop, but it costs 164.95€ on there, without considering shipping costs. In my country, it used to cost ~150€ before it went out of stock.

Oh, i forgot to mention, the case is a Phanteks Enthoo Primo and the PSU is an AX760.

Do you think the PSU wattage will be sufficient for a future custom WC, with the VGA added to the H320 loop?
post #9382 of 20767
Thanks mate!
I really appreciate your help. Let's see the Aqua Computer will answer.
I hope it will be a positive answer.

Now that I look again at the pictures I see how the back plate the VGA water block are combined. And as you mentioned it's better to have the both by the same manufacturer.
Hope for some good news... can't wait to start expending my H220 and cool down my GPU smile.gif
My Uber rig
(30 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i7 3770K Asus P8Z77-V-Deluxe Gigabyte R9 290 Windforce OC Battlefield 4 Gigabyte R9 290 Windforce OC 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Vengeance 1600 WD Black 2TB Intel SSD 520 240GB Crucial MX100 512GB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK Supremacy EVO CPU block XSPC Dual Bay Reservoir EK Blue Coolant Liquid 2 x EK R9 290 Water Block 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK D5 Vario Pump with Plexi Top Alphacool 420/60mm Radiator Alphacool 280/45mm Radiator Barrows Compression Fittings 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
12 x Phantakes 140mm Fans EK Primochill tubing EK X3 250mm Water Reservoir  Win8.1 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
3xDell 24" U2412M Corsair K70 RGB Cherry Mx Brown Seasonic X-1050 Phanteks Enthoo Primo 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Roccat Kone XTD Laser Rantopad Mammoth Creative SoundBlaster Z Series Audioengine +5 Speakers 
Audio
AudioTechnica ATH-900X Headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
My Uber rig
(30 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i7 3770K Asus P8Z77-V-Deluxe Gigabyte R9 290 Windforce OC Battlefield 4 Gigabyte R9 290 Windforce OC 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Vengeance 1600 WD Black 2TB Intel SSD 520 240GB Crucial MX100 512GB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK Supremacy EVO CPU block XSPC Dual Bay Reservoir EK Blue Coolant Liquid 2 x EK R9 290 Water Block 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK D5 Vario Pump with Plexi Top Alphacool 420/60mm Radiator Alphacool 280/45mm Radiator Barrows Compression Fittings 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
12 x Phantakes 140mm Fans EK Primochill tubing EK X3 250mm Water Reservoir  Win8.1 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
3xDell 24" U2412M Corsair K70 RGB Cherry Mx Brown Seasonic X-1050 Phanteks Enthoo Primo 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Roccat Kone XTD Laser Rantopad Mammoth Creative SoundBlaster Z Series Audioengine +5 Speakers 
Audio
AudioTechnica ATH-900X Headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9383 of 20767
Has this been seen yet?

NCIX usa h220x preorder $154.99
http://www.ncixus.com/products/?sku=93547&vpn=H220X&manufacture=Swiftech
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider49 View Post

Hi,

First of all, I must state I've never done WC before, so I'm a complete noob in that regard.

I'm building a new PC with an i7 4770K, a Hero board and a GTX 780 Ti, and I plan on watercool the CPU for now.

I'm in Portugal and my budget for WaterCooling is around 150/200€. Do you think I should go with a Swiftech H320? Is it good value for my money? I'd like to add a block for the VGA in the near future.

Where can I get one? I can't seem to find it in stock on any of the European Amazon sites. A friend told me about the Highflow.nl shop, but it costs 164.95€ on there, without considering shipping costs. In my country, it used to cost ~150€ before it went out of stock.

Oh, i forgot to mention, the case is a Phanteks Enthoo Primo and the PSU is an AX760.

Do you think the PSU wattage will be sufficient for a future custom WC, with the VGA added to the H320 loop?

I cant comment on where to purchase one, but the h320 should be enough for the cpu and gpu. If you only planned on the cpu, the h220 would be enough, but if you have the room the h320 wouldnt be a bad idea even if you never put the gpu under water.

Currently I have my cpu and gpu all off the h220 radiator with very good temps.
Edited by 66racer - 3/6/14 at 6:32pm
2014 nerd box evo
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 1100T x6 4244mhz 3065cpu-nb (fx8150 at 4.9g... Asus Crosshair V Formula Asus gtx570 dcII- 890/1780/2200@1088mv corsair dominator gt 8GB 1866 @1886 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
corsair f120ssd/seagate 1TB Asus cd/dvd burner Antec Kuhler 920 semi-custom loop (2 radiators) win7 professional 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Gateway 23" 1920x1080 corsair ax850 Rosewill blackhawk w/hdd bay mod logitech mx518 
  hide details  
Reply
2014 nerd box evo
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 1100T x6 4244mhz 3065cpu-nb (fx8150 at 4.9g... Asus Crosshair V Formula Asus gtx570 dcII- 890/1780/2200@1088mv corsair dominator gt 8GB 1866 @1886 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
corsair f120ssd/seagate 1TB Asus cd/dvd burner Antec Kuhler 920 semi-custom loop (2 radiators) win7 professional 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Gateway 23" 1920x1080 corsair ax850 Rosewill blackhawk w/hdd bay mod logitech mx518 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9384 of 20767
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by We of Us View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil80 View Post

I've contacted Aqua Computer and they don't have any VGA water block to fit the Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 GPU.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil80 View Post



Absolute nonexistent, because both of them are mainly electrolytic copper plates, but the Nickel version has only very thin nickel surface on top of it to give it that shiny silver color.

 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil80 View Post

As for the back plate you mentioned, I couldn't find pictures to show how a VGA back plate is coupled with VGA water block on the same GPU.


So if I would buy the Aqua Computer VGA back plate, I have no idea how to mount it and connect the pipes together with the VGA water block of EK.

http://shop.aquacomputer.de/images/product_images/popup_images/23587_4.jpg


There you have it. There the active back plate is connected with that AC water block on the same GPU.


Also at Stern's water block test, there is picture of card/block/back plate/fittings at his thread post of 12-23-2013, 07:57 PM

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?288109-Stren-s-R9-290-290x-Water-Block-Testing



Youcells probably can't install it for EK waterblock since the AC and EK might have different contact points and structure with their block in out terminal mounting.


That Stren might try out that later, so answer could come to that from there. You could also ask it from themcells on that Xtremesystems.org thread, they have both EK block and AC active back plate. 


Also. Don't worry, the AC back plate has instructions how to install it. thumb.gif  


Let's still wait till the AC has answered for our technical inquiry. typer.gif  
are you a rep ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider49 View Post

Hi,

First of all, I must state I've never done WC before, so I'm a complete noob in that regard.

I'm building a new PC with an i7 4770K, a Hero board and a GTX 780 Ti, and I plan on watercool the CPU for now.

I'm in Portugal and my budget for WaterCooling is around 150/200€. Do you think I should go with a Swiftech H320? Is it good value for my money? I'd like to add a block for the VGA in the near future.

Where can I get one? I can't seem to find it in stock on any of the European Amazon sites. A friend told me about the Highflow.nl shop, but it costs 164.95€ on there, without considering shipping costs. In my country, it used to cost ~150€ before it went out of stock.

Oh, i forgot to mention, the case is a Phanteks Enthoo Primo and the PSU is an AX760.

Do you think the PSU wattage will be sufficient for a future custom WC, with the VGA added to the H320 loop?
psu should be fine, only adding ~ 20w assuming 1 pump and a ton of fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66racer View Post

Has this been seen yet?

NCIX usa h220x preorder $154.99
http://www.ncixus.com/products/?sku=93547&vpn=H220X&manufacture=Swiftech
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider49 View Post

Hi,

First of all, I must state I've never done WC before, so I'm a complete noob in that regard.

I'm building a new PC with an i7 4770K, a Hero board and a GTX 780 Ti, and I plan on watercool the CPU for now.

I'm in Portugal and my budget for WaterCooling is around 150/200€. Do you think I should go with a Swiftech H320? Is it good value for my money? I'd like to add a block for the VGA in the near future.

Where can I get one? I can't seem to find it in stock on any of the European Amazon sites. A friend told me about the Highflow.nl shop, but it costs 164.95€ on there, without considering shipping costs. In my country, it used to cost ~150€ before it went out of stock.

Oh, i forgot to mention, the case is a Phanteks Enthoo Primo and the PSU is an AX760.

Do you think the PSU wattage will be sufficient for a future custom WC, with the VGA added to the H320 loop?

I cant comment on where to purchase one, but the h320 should be enough for the cpu and gpu. If you only planned on the cpu, the h220 would be enough, but if you have the room the h320 wouldnt be a bad idea even if you never put the gpu under water.

Currently I have my cpu and gpu all off the h220 radiator with very good temps.

this
USS CLM8-1701
(39 items)
 
Her Venom
(21 items)
 
Lil Tough Guy
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX-8350 Gigabyte 990FXA-UD7 R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC  R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC  
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC  R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC  F3-2400C10D-16GTX  OCZ Agility 3 120GB  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
OCZ Agility 3 120GB  Seagate Barracuda 1TB  Segate Barracuda 3TB Rosewill RCR-IM5001 USB2.0 75 in 1 internal Car... 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Pioneer BDR-208DBK Blu-ray Writer Swiftech H20-220 EDGE HD Liquid Cooling Kit Swiftech Komodo 7970 Swiftech MCP-35X2 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Swiftech MCP35X2 Heat Sink Swiftech MCP35X Reservoir Swiftech Komodo 7970 Swiftech Komodo 7970 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool 240mm XT45 Alphacool 120mm XT45 Alphacool 120mm UT60 FrozenQ PC Mods UV Meteor Light Limited Edition... 
CoolingCoolingOSOS
Koolance Radiator Mounting Bracket with Quick-R... Swiftech Komodo 7970 Windows 7 Windows 8  
MonitorMonitorMonitorMonitor
ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz 1ms  ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz 1ms  ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz 1ms  XFX FXTRISTAND Triple Display Monitor Stand  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 XFX pro 1250w black edition Caselabs MAGNUM M8 Case Razer Naga 
AudioAudioOther
Sony 2.1 Razer Megalodon XFX pro 1250w black edition 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
8350 batch 1229 pgn  Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z gigabyte 7770 OC gigabyte 7770 OC 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
F3-2400C10D-16GTX OCZ agaility 3 120  OCZ Agility 3 120gb  Seagate 7200rpm 1tb 
Optical DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Pioneer BDR-208DBK Rosewill RCR-IM5001 USB2.0 75 in 1 internal Car... Swiftech MCP-35X White Top Swiftech Quiet Power 240  
CoolingOSOSMonitor
Swiftech Apogee HD Windows 7 Windows 8 LG E2242 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG E2242 RAZER Black Lycosa Mirror Special Edition Seasonic x660 Cooler Master Storm Stryker 
Mouse
Razer Lachesis 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 6100 Sabertooth 990fx R2.0 XFX 7770 Core Edition Samsung 1600 2x4 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 1600 2x4 Unknown as of now  Piorneer BDR-208DBK Swiftech H220  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8  Samsung 60" 120hz 3d LED TV Unknown Seasonic x750 
CaseMouseAudio
Cooler Master Storm Stryker Unknown Pioneer 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
USS CLM8-1701
(39 items)
 
Her Venom
(21 items)
 
Lil Tough Guy
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX-8350 Gigabyte 990FXA-UD7 R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC  R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC  
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC  R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC  F3-2400C10D-16GTX  OCZ Agility 3 120GB  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
OCZ Agility 3 120GB  Seagate Barracuda 1TB  Segate Barracuda 3TB Rosewill RCR-IM5001 USB2.0 75 in 1 internal Car... 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Pioneer BDR-208DBK Blu-ray Writer Swiftech H20-220 EDGE HD Liquid Cooling Kit Swiftech Komodo 7970 Swiftech MCP-35X2 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Swiftech MCP35X2 Heat Sink Swiftech MCP35X Reservoir Swiftech Komodo 7970 Swiftech Komodo 7970 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool 240mm XT45 Alphacool 120mm XT45 Alphacool 120mm UT60 FrozenQ PC Mods UV Meteor Light Limited Edition... 
CoolingCoolingOSOS
Koolance Radiator Mounting Bracket with Quick-R... Swiftech Komodo 7970 Windows 7 Windows 8  
MonitorMonitorMonitorMonitor
ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz 1ms  ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz 1ms  ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz 1ms  XFX FXTRISTAND Triple Display Monitor Stand  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 XFX pro 1250w black edition Caselabs MAGNUM M8 Case Razer Naga 
AudioAudioOther
Sony 2.1 Razer Megalodon XFX pro 1250w black edition 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
8350 batch 1229 pgn  Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z gigabyte 7770 OC gigabyte 7770 OC 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
F3-2400C10D-16GTX OCZ agaility 3 120  OCZ Agility 3 120gb  Seagate 7200rpm 1tb 
Optical DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Pioneer BDR-208DBK Rosewill RCR-IM5001 USB2.0 75 in 1 internal Car... Swiftech MCP-35X White Top Swiftech Quiet Power 240  
CoolingOSOSMonitor
Swiftech Apogee HD Windows 7 Windows 8 LG E2242 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG E2242 RAZER Black Lycosa Mirror Special Edition Seasonic x660 Cooler Master Storm Stryker 
Mouse
Razer Lachesis 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 6100 Sabertooth 990fx R2.0 XFX 7770 Core Edition Samsung 1600 2x4 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 1600 2x4 Unknown as of now  Piorneer BDR-208DBK Swiftech H220  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8  Samsung 60" 120hz 3d LED TV Unknown Seasonic x750 
CaseMouseAudio
Cooler Master Storm Stryker Unknown Pioneer 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9385 of 20767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludamister View Post

Hey everyone!

I'm currently working on this build here. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/34YET . Right now, I'm using the Crosshair V Formula and AMD FX-8150 with the Liquid Cooler combo that came with it. I just purchased my GTX 780 Classified and was going to purchase the PSU but turns out it was out of stock @ SuperBiiz and Amazon is charging sales tax now for North Carolina. So I'm going to wait for either the PSU to go back into stock or for the H320 to go down in price. I seen it go down to 129.99 before. Hoping it goes down again!

All that said, I'm a pretty busy person so I don't have too much of the luxury to do tons of research. I tried searching up reviews and videos of the H320 but I can't find anything really. I eventually want to expand it and put both of my 780 Classy's under water. I wanted to ask if you guys think the pump will be enough to move the coolant through the two GPU blocks, the Swiftech plus another radiator and the cpu block. I've never done water cooling but I'd like to do it right. I know a lot of enthusiasts might scoff at the idea of using an expandable closed loop system but I wanted to get everyone's opinions on it's efficiency. I do plan to OC my i7-4770k to around 4.2-4.5 ghz (silicon lottery yay) and flash my classy's for extreme overclocks (1400-1500mhz) range hopefully.

Can the H320, with all of its tools, keep my system cool?

Edit: NCIX now has the H220 back at 99.99! Should I go for that instead? Money isn't an issue and I've got 360mm support for my case. Not sure if it would be sufficient enough.

No? No one? Okay frown.gif. I'll just go on a whim.
post #9386 of 20767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludamister View Post

Hey everyone!

I'm currently working on this build here. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/34YET . Right now, I'm using the Crosshair V Formula and AMD FX-8150 with the Liquid Cooler combo that came with it. I just purchased my GTX 780 Classified and was going to purchase the PSU but turns out it was out of stock @ SuperBiiz and Amazon is charging sales tax now for North Carolina. So I'm going to wait for either the PSU to go back into stock or for the H320 to go down in price. I seen it go down to 129.99 before. Hoping it goes down again!

All that said, I'm a pretty busy person so I don't have too much of the luxury to do tons of research. I tried searching up reviews and videos of the H320 but I can't find anything really. I eventually want to expand it and put both of my 780 Classy's under water. I wanted to ask if you guys think the pump will be enough to move the coolant through the two GPU blocks, the Swiftech plus another radiator and the cpu block. I've never done water cooling but I'd like to do it right. I know a lot of enthusiasts might scoff at the idea of using an expandable closed loop system but I wanted to get everyone's opinions on it's efficiency. I do plan to OC my i7-4770k to around 4.2-4.5 ghz (silicon lottery yay) and flash my classy's for extreme overclocks (1400-1500mhz) range hopefully.

Can the H320, with all of its tools, keep my system cool?

Edit: NCIX now has the H220 back at 99.99! Should I go for that instead? Money isn't an issue and I've got 360mm support for my case. Not sure if it would be sufficient enough.

Welcome to OCN!

So basically 4770k and two 780's. Swiftech has shown the h220/320 pump to put out enough flow for that much of a loop so that shouldn't be an issue. You might consider the cooler master glacier 240L since in your case the extra 500rpm might be worth while, I think I would still go swiftech personally to make sure you get excellent customer service if anything does go wrong.

I would think the h220 at $100 + a 360mm rad added would be a better bet. While Im sure the h320 (360mm rad) alone would provide acceptable temps, it likely wouldnt be enough radiator on its own for the 780sli overvolt and 4770k. Im gonna say you probably need at least 480mm of radiator to cool the system effectively but others with more 780sli experience may chime in.

You can also consider the swiftech apogee drive 2 with a mcp35x pump built in that has even more pump power but still in a similar aio package if you just wanted to pick out your own reservoir and radiators. They go for around $140 for the pump/cpu block, then pick your reservoir, radiator(s), hose and fittings. Distilled water with a silver kill coil or an additive like dead water.
2014 nerd box evo
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 1100T x6 4244mhz 3065cpu-nb (fx8150 at 4.9g... Asus Crosshair V Formula Asus gtx570 dcII- 890/1780/2200@1088mv corsair dominator gt 8GB 1866 @1886 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
corsair f120ssd/seagate 1TB Asus cd/dvd burner Antec Kuhler 920 semi-custom loop (2 radiators) win7 professional 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Gateway 23" 1920x1080 corsair ax850 Rosewill blackhawk w/hdd bay mod logitech mx518 
  hide details  
Reply
2014 nerd box evo
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 1100T x6 4244mhz 3065cpu-nb (fx8150 at 4.9g... Asus Crosshair V Formula Asus gtx570 dcII- 890/1780/2200@1088mv corsair dominator gt 8GB 1866 @1886 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
corsair f120ssd/seagate 1TB Asus cd/dvd burner Antec Kuhler 920 semi-custom loop (2 radiators) win7 professional 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Gateway 23" 1920x1080 corsair ax850 Rosewill blackhawk w/hdd bay mod logitech mx518 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9387 of 20767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludamister View Post

No? No one? Okay frown.gif. I'll just go on a whim.

I doubt 360mm is enough rad space.
post #9388 of 20767
So is anyone getting the H220X?
The Avatar State
(22 items)
 
  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
WD Black 4TB HDD LG 14x Blu-Ray Burner 2 AC Aqualis XT Reservoirs 2 EK D5 Vario Pumps, 2 EK Nickel D5 Covers 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EK Supremacy Clean CSQ All Nickel CPU Block Black Ice Nemesis GTX Rads Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit OS Asus ROG Swift PG278Q G-Sync 27" Monitor 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Cherry MX Red RGB KB, Harmony Smart KB Corsair AX1500i PSU CaseLabs Mercury S8 PC Case, Assessories Logitech G602 Mouse, T650 Touchpad 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Steelseries Diablo III Mouse Pad  Creative Sound Blaster ZxR Sound Card Audio-Techica ATH-ADG1 Headset Corsair SP2500 PC Speakers 
OtherOtherOtherOther
XBOX One Controller GT AP-14 Fans, Screws, Nuts, Washers Lutro0 Teleios Sleeving, Connectors, Pins, Cables Tools, Zip Ties, Acrylic Sheets, LEDs 
OtherOther
GC Extreme TIM, Fujipoly Ultra Thermal Pads ArctiClean, Bestine, X1 Coolant, Silicone Grease 
  hide details  
Reply
The Avatar State
(22 items)
 
  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
WD Black 4TB HDD LG 14x Blu-Ray Burner 2 AC Aqualis XT Reservoirs 2 EK D5 Vario Pumps, 2 EK Nickel D5 Covers 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EK Supremacy Clean CSQ All Nickel CPU Block Black Ice Nemesis GTX Rads Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit OS Asus ROG Swift PG278Q G-Sync 27" Monitor 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Cherry MX Red RGB KB, Harmony Smart KB Corsair AX1500i PSU CaseLabs Mercury S8 PC Case, Assessories Logitech G602 Mouse, T650 Touchpad 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Steelseries Diablo III Mouse Pad  Creative Sound Blaster ZxR Sound Card Audio-Techica ATH-ADG1 Headset Corsair SP2500 PC Speakers 
OtherOtherOtherOther
XBOX One Controller GT AP-14 Fans, Screws, Nuts, Washers Lutro0 Teleios Sleeving, Connectors, Pins, Cables Tools, Zip Ties, Acrylic Sheets, LEDs 
OtherOther
GC Extreme TIM, Fujipoly Ultra Thermal Pads ArctiClean, Bestine, X1 Coolant, Silicone Grease 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9389 of 20767
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66racer View Post

Welcome to OCN!

So basically 4770k and two 780's. Swiftech has shown the h220/320 pump to put out enough flow for that much of a loop so that shouldn't be an issue. You might consider the cooler master glacier 240L since in your case the extra 500rpm might be worth while, I think I would still go swiftech personally to make sure you get excellent customer service if anything does go wrong.

I would think the h220 at $100 + a 360mm rad added would be a better bet. While Im sure the h320 (360mm rad) alone would provide acceptable temps, it likely wouldnt be enough radiator on its own for the 780sli overvolt and 4770k. Im gonna say you probably need at least 480mm of radiator to cool the system effectively but others with more 780sli experience may chime in.

You can also consider the swiftech apogee drive 2 with a mcp35x pump built in that has even more pump power but still in a similar aio package if you just wanted to pick out your own reservoir and radiators. They go for around $140 for the pump/cpu block, then pick your reservoir, radiator(s), hose and fittings. Distilled water with a silver kill coil or an additive like dead water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jugurnot View Post

I doubt 360mm is enough rad space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Zuko View Post

So is anyone getting the H220X?

I'm using an Azza Hurrican 2000 that supports 360mm cooling. I just pre-ordered the H220X since its rumored to have better performance than the H220 and close to the H320.

@66racer: Yeah, with this H220X, I'm not sure how the space in my casing would be but I think that plus a 360mm radiator would do well, no? I don't know exactly how I would lay it out.
post #9390 of 20767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Zuko View Post

So is anyone getting the H220X?

me
USS CLM8-1701
(39 items)
 
Her Venom
(21 items)
 
Lil Tough Guy
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX-8350 Gigabyte 990FXA-UD7 R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC  R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC  
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC  R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC  F3-2400C10D-16GTX  OCZ Agility 3 120GB  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
OCZ Agility 3 120GB  Seagate Barracuda 1TB  Segate Barracuda 3TB Rosewill RCR-IM5001 USB2.0 75 in 1 internal Car... 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Pioneer BDR-208DBK Blu-ray Writer Swiftech H20-220 EDGE HD Liquid Cooling Kit Swiftech Komodo 7970 Swiftech MCP-35X2 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Swiftech MCP35X2 Heat Sink Swiftech MCP35X Reservoir Swiftech Komodo 7970 Swiftech Komodo 7970 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool 240mm XT45 Alphacool 120mm XT45 Alphacool 120mm UT60 FrozenQ PC Mods UV Meteor Light Limited Edition... 
CoolingCoolingOSOS
Koolance Radiator Mounting Bracket with Quick-R... Swiftech Komodo 7970 Windows 7 Windows 8  
MonitorMonitorMonitorMonitor
ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz 1ms  ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz 1ms  ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz 1ms  XFX FXTRISTAND Triple Display Monitor Stand  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 XFX pro 1250w black edition Caselabs MAGNUM M8 Case Razer Naga 
AudioAudioOther
Sony 2.1 Razer Megalodon XFX pro 1250w black edition 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
8350 batch 1229 pgn  Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z gigabyte 7770 OC gigabyte 7770 OC 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
F3-2400C10D-16GTX OCZ agaility 3 120  OCZ Agility 3 120gb  Seagate 7200rpm 1tb 
Optical DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Pioneer BDR-208DBK Rosewill RCR-IM5001 USB2.0 75 in 1 internal Car... Swiftech MCP-35X White Top Swiftech Quiet Power 240  
CoolingOSOSMonitor
Swiftech Apogee HD Windows 7 Windows 8 LG E2242 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG E2242 RAZER Black Lycosa Mirror Special Edition Seasonic x660 Cooler Master Storm Stryker 
Mouse
Razer Lachesis 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 6100 Sabertooth 990fx R2.0 XFX 7770 Core Edition Samsung 1600 2x4 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 1600 2x4 Unknown as of now  Piorneer BDR-208DBK Swiftech H220  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8  Samsung 60" 120hz 3d LED TV Unknown Seasonic x750 
CaseMouseAudio
Cooler Master Storm Stryker Unknown Pioneer 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
USS CLM8-1701
(39 items)
 
Her Venom
(21 items)
 
Lil Tough Guy
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX-8350 Gigabyte 990FXA-UD7 R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC  R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC  
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC  R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC  F3-2400C10D-16GTX  OCZ Agility 3 120GB  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
OCZ Agility 3 120GB  Seagate Barracuda 1TB  Segate Barracuda 3TB Rosewill RCR-IM5001 USB2.0 75 in 1 internal Car... 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Pioneer BDR-208DBK Blu-ray Writer Swiftech H20-220 EDGE HD Liquid Cooling Kit Swiftech Komodo 7970 Swiftech MCP-35X2 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Swiftech MCP35X2 Heat Sink Swiftech MCP35X Reservoir Swiftech Komodo 7970 Swiftech Komodo 7970 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool 240mm XT45 Alphacool 120mm XT45 Alphacool 120mm UT60 FrozenQ PC Mods UV Meteor Light Limited Edition... 
CoolingCoolingOSOS
Koolance Radiator Mounting Bracket with Quick-R... Swiftech Komodo 7970 Windows 7 Windows 8  
MonitorMonitorMonitorMonitor
ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz 1ms  ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz 1ms  ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz 1ms  XFX FXTRISTAND Triple Display Monitor Stand  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 XFX pro 1250w black edition Caselabs MAGNUM M8 Case Razer Naga 
AudioAudioOther
Sony 2.1 Razer Megalodon XFX pro 1250w black edition 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
8350 batch 1229 pgn  Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z gigabyte 7770 OC gigabyte 7770 OC 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
F3-2400C10D-16GTX OCZ agaility 3 120  OCZ Agility 3 120gb  Seagate 7200rpm 1tb 
Optical DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Pioneer BDR-208DBK Rosewill RCR-IM5001 USB2.0 75 in 1 internal Car... Swiftech MCP-35X White Top Swiftech Quiet Power 240  
CoolingOSOSMonitor
Swiftech Apogee HD Windows 7 Windows 8 LG E2242 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG E2242 RAZER Black Lycosa Mirror Special Edition Seasonic x660 Cooler Master Storm Stryker 
Mouse
Razer Lachesis 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 6100 Sabertooth 990fx R2.0 XFX 7770 Core Edition Samsung 1600 2x4 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 1600 2x4 Unknown as of now  Piorneer BDR-208DBK Swiftech H220  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8  Samsung 60" 120hz 3d LED TV Unknown Seasonic x750 
CaseMouseAudio
Cooler Master Storm Stryker Unknown Pioneer 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Swiftech H220/H320/H220X/H240X/H140X and CM Glacer 240L/360L Owners' Club