Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [Youtube] Battlefield 3: End Game Launch Trailer
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Youtube] Battlefield 3: End Game Launch Trailer - Page 7

post #61 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant Storm View Post

What is this "CORE" of battlefield you are talking about?

To me the core of the game was the commander and squads working together to fulfill objectives...which led to your entire team working together. Something no other game had to my knowledge. Now that is taken away for the most part and all you are left with is the running and the gunning.

And how can you say that no one used the voip? Off of the experience of a couple hours of playing? I think I used it in almost every match I ever played. There were some games I played squadless just because I was working on getting a certain medal or something, but if I was in a squad...I was on the mic. Even on the rare occasions when people didn't have a mic they could still hear me. Some times I would get in a squad and it would be silent at first, but once I started talking every one else usually did too. Some times no one would talk and not work with me and I'd move to another squad and it would be fine. Every match of BF2142 I could always find a good squad. At least on the servers I played on.

I've only put about 60 hours into BF3...so I am no expert on the inner workings of it, but you don't need to know that to feel what is missing.

From what im reading the 'core' is the teamwork factor. The new installment needs to make ways to communicate to your squad/team as idiot-proof and non cumbersome as possible. Like not having to setup your mic before entering in a round. You should be able to join and be able to hear your squad mates anytime (like an auto voice login). More than 4 members in a squad would be nice as well. IMO, to fully enjoy BF, you need to be in squad (with voice communication). when i play by myself its always not as fun. Why do you think most vehicles are more than 1 seat( 2 seated jets would be nice for BF4). BF is a team-based game. cheers.gif
3770K
(14 items)
 
R7 1700
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
RYZEN 1700 ASROCK AB350 GAMING K4 ZOTAC 1080TI REFERENCE MODEL G SKILL 8 GIG (2X) 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
WESTERN DIGITAL 250 M.2 2280 WINDOWS 10 64 CORSAIR SF600 LIAN LI PC-O10 
  hide details  
Reply
3770K
(14 items)
 
R7 1700
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
RYZEN 1700 ASROCK AB350 GAMING K4 ZOTAC 1080TI REFERENCE MODEL G SKILL 8 GIG (2X) 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
WESTERN DIGITAL 250 M.2 2280 WINDOWS 10 64 CORSAIR SF600 LIAN LI PC-O10 
  hide details  
Reply
post #62 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by keikei View Post

From what im reading the 'core' is the teamwork factor. The new installment needs to make ways to communicate to your squad/team as idiot-proof and non cumbersome as possible. Like not having to setup your mic before entering in a round. You should be able to join and be able to hear your squad mates anytime (like an auto voice login). More than 4 members in a squad would be nice as well. IMO, to fully enjoy BF, you need to be in squad (with voice communication). when i play by myself its always not as fun. Why do you think most vehicles are more than 1 seat( 2 seated jets would be nice for BF4). BF is a team-based game. cheers.gif
I agree. Included Squad Voice Chat (at the least, preferably with a way for at least the Squad Leader to communicate with other Leaders), and 6-Man squads should have been in BF3, and needs to be in BF4.
post #63 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreekG View Post

Yep, i'm downloading a 6gb update right now, this game, is the only game thats has lasted on my SSD since i built this computer, every other game comes and goes.

To be honest i love it, i just hate how after all this time i still die from being shot while behind cover.

And that is a huge part of why I stopped playing. Playing on a BF3 server 150 miles from me was worse(hit-box wise) than playing on BF2(nunya server) that is across the continent from me!
post #64 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maian View Post

I agree. Included Squad Voice Chat (at the least, preferably with a way for at least the Squad Leader to communicate with other Leaders), and 6-Man squads should have been in BF3, and needs to be in BF4.

What I desperately wanted in BF2142 was a vehicle channel. There was a lot of times when I'd hop in a gunship and then a person out of my squad got in as the gunner...It would have been so nice to be able to talk to them. Or if my squad was in an APC and we were after a particular target and a blue spawned in the APC with us...they could help out better if we could have spoke to them. Or we could at least yell at the fools who were shooting the APC guns at rocks when we where trying to be unnoticed.
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
2600K @ 4.7GHz Asus P8P67 B3 GTX 580 EVGA Hydro Copper 2 GTX 580 EVGA  
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
4x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws bunch of 'em Blu-Ray For movies Windows 8.1 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
24.4" Hans G HH251 X2 Yamakasi DS270  Blah 1000watt Super Flower 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Built into Desk Microsoft SideWinder X8 Comfy one... Creative Extreme Gamer 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
2600K @ 4.7GHz Asus P8P67 B3 GTX 580 EVGA Hydro Copper 2 GTX 580 EVGA  
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
4x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws bunch of 'em Blu-Ray For movies Windows 8.1 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
24.4" Hans G HH251 X2 Yamakasi DS270  Blah 1000watt Super Flower 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Built into Desk Microsoft SideWinder X8 Comfy one... Creative Extreme Gamer 
  hide details  
Reply
post #65 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant Storm View Post

What I desperately wanted in BF2142 was a vehicle channel. There was a lot of times when I'd hop in a gunship and then a person out of my squad got in as the gunner...It would have been so nice to be able to talk to them. Or if my squad was in an APC and we were after a particular target and a blue spawned in the APC with us...they could help out. Or we could at least yell at the fools who were shooting the APC guns at rocks when we where trying to be unnoticed.
Yea I hadn't really thought of that. I don't use vehicles as much as others. A Vehicle channel definitely needs to be there as well.

Squad Voice and Vehicle Voice chats. That's what BF4 needs.
post #66 of 83
lol the CORE of battlefield isnt Teamplay ... lol THAT comes with the game ...


... the core of battlefield is and always will be , is the sandbox game , the "teambase" "squadbased" "objective based" , comes with the structure of the game itself ...

i cant belive someone said ...
Quote:
To me the core of the game was the commander and squads working together to fulfill objectives

this is how the game is supposed to be played , but its not THE main feature of the game , because its a given part of the game itself . you know what im saying?

when Dice removes this "CORE" from Battlefield , people will get Medal of Honor , in which the CORE of MoH is a Stage shooter / Arcade / whatever people call it lol


...im not trying to disrespect anyone here , but people need to stop hating it JUST because played 20 hours or knows someone who played it and talked bad about it . For people who just play FPS , BF3 has been the only worthy game to play so far , people will agree / disagree , most who agree probably will be those who play only FPS and know what is out and tried the other multiplayers
My Trusty PC
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 1366 950 EVGA Classified 3 EVGA 580 gtx G.skill Pi  
OSKeyboardPowerCase
W7 ultimate 64bit Logitec G510 Corsair  Haf X 
Mouse
Deathadder 
  hide details  
Reply
My Trusty PC
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 1366 950 EVGA Classified 3 EVGA 580 gtx G.skill Pi  
OSKeyboardPowerCase
W7 ultimate 64bit Logitec G510 Corsair  Haf X 
Mouse
Deathadder 
  hide details  
Reply
post #67 of 83
It still makes me laugh how EA/Dice calls fireteams squads. Then again it's a game so you can't really expect much accuracy.
post #68 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoi View Post

lol the CORE of battlefield isnt Teamplay ... lol THAT comes with the game ...


... the core of battlefield is and always will be , is the sandbox game , the "teambase" "squadbased" "objective based" , comes with the structure of the game itself ...

i cant belive someone said ...
this is how the game is supposed to be played , but its not THE main feature of the game , because its a given part of the game itself . you know what im saying?

when Dice removes this "CORE" from Battlefield , people will get Medal of Honor , in which the CORE of MoH is a Stage shooter / Arcade / whatever people call it lol


...im not trying to disrespect anyone here , but people need to stop hating it JUST because played 20 hours or knows someone who played it and talked bad about it . For people who just play FPS , BF3 has been the only worthy game to play so far , people will agree / disagree , most who agree probably will be those who play only FPS and know what is out and tried the other multiplayers

As much as I enjoy BF3, I can't say I agree with you on most points. Nor do I agree with them, really.

The main point of Battlefield was to have large scale battles with many players featuring a variety of vehicles and weaponry with a nice level of immersion. It's not a sandbox game because that implies you make an impact on the world you're playing in. Minecraft is a sandbox game.

Teamwork is an important factor to winning a match in any of the Battlefield games, but it was up to the fan-base to work as a team with features that only encourage teamwork and never forced it so in that sense, I agree that team-play wasn't really a core game-play feature.

I really don't agree with the last part, though. I do think a lot of the people that hate on the game because of the lack of teamwork compared to past Battlefields are looking through them with rose-tinted glasses, because they all had their flaws and teamwork wasn't as common as they make it out to be. As people tend to point out, commander was hardly ever used correctly, people didn't use VOIP all that much, people would tend to camp vehicles and there were people who would run and gun and spam nades without taking their team into consideration. To say Battlefield 3 has worse team-play because it lacks a few features is silly. However, some people just don't like the game and that's fine. We all have preferences and for some, Battlefield 3 simply doesn't fit them, even if they're a fan of FPS games. The genre is huge and there's many different kinds that people can like.
post #69 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoi View Post

lol the CORE of battlefield isnt Teamplay ... lol THAT comes with the game ...


... the core of battlefield is and always will be , is the sandbox game , the "teambase" "squadbased" "objective based" , comes with the structure of the game itself ...

i cant belive someone said ...
this is how the game is supposed to be played , but its not THE main feature of the game , because its a given part of the game itself . you know what im saying?

when Dice removes this "CORE" from Battlefield , people will get Medal of Honor , in which the CORE of MoH is a Stage shooter / Arcade / whatever people call it lol


...im not trying to disrespect anyone here , but people need to stop hating it JUST because played 20 hours or knows someone who played it and talked bad about it . For people who just play FPS , BF3 has been the only worthy game to play so far , people will agree / disagree , most who agree probably will be those who play only FPS and know what is out and tried the other multiplayers


I am sorry...but I have no clue what you are saying. Are you saying the core of the game is the sand box game play? I...don't really think you can have anything but an open sandbox in a multiplayer shooter. Perhaps the control point maps in TF2 aren't completely open, but even then you can get the cart moving backward and what not.

I've never actually played any version of CoD, but I've read that it has teams and squads and an open map of objective points...well...depending on the game mode. What doesn't it have? Commanders and squad voice chat. I've also read that squad team work isn't as important as individual kill/death ratios. However, I think you can insert any shooter in here. No other game has done the commander at all or taken the importance of the squad to the level that BF2 and BF2142 has.

So by diminishing the team work aspect...you are taking away the only advantage the game has as far I can see. You could just as well make it into a death match game if all you care about is an open map to play on and honestly a capture the flag mode is a very large step in that direction.

Perhaps that is what the world wants too...I think EA is just trying to dumb the game down to steal some players from the other shooters that are anti-social or only care about their K/D ratios. I don't know how many times I spent a good deal of game time in BF2142 just keeping the defenders busy on the titan so that the rest of my team could be capturing silos. Was I getting many kills? No...and chances are I would rack up some deaths too, but I was making my team win...and get the points that come with that so it was a complete loss. That is why I say the core of the game was team work. I've never been inclined in any other shooter to actually sacrifice my personal score gain for a team win. I've never been so inclined in BF3 that's for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by moocowman View Post

As much as I enjoy BF3, I can't say I agree with you on most points. Nor do I agree with them, really.

The main point of Battlefield was to have large scale battles with many players featuring a variety of vehicles and weaponry with a nice level of immersion. It's not a sandbox game because that implies you make an impact on the world you're playing in. Minecraft is a sandbox game.

Teamwork is an important factor to winning a match in any of the Battlefield games, but it was up to the fan-base to work as a team with features that only encourage teamwork and never forced it so in that sense, I agree that team-play wasn't really a core game-play feature.

I really don't agree with the last part, though. I do think a lot of the people that hate on the game because of the lack of teamwork compared to past Battlefields are looking through them with rose-tinted glasses, because they all had their flaws and teamwork wasn't as common as they make it out to be. As people tend to point out, commander was hardly ever used correctly, people didn't use VOIP all that much, people would tend to camp vehicles and there were people who would run and gun and spam nades without taking their team into consideration. To say Battlefield 3 has worse team-play because it lacks a few features is silly. However, some people just don't like the game and that's fine. We all have preferences and for some, Battlefield 3 simply doesn't fit them, even if they're a fan of FPS games. The genre is huge and there's many different kinds that people can like.

You see...I don't think the genre is that huge. They are all just old Unreal Tournament with different skins. Seriously...they all play the same. BF2 and BF2142 actually had something different from the rest...and now BF3 doesn't.

I will admit I have not had any other game so such a good job of mixing infantry and vehicle combat. That includes BF3. So it still has that going for it. Though if I am in a chopper or in a tank (I hate the jets...they seem like they are barely moving. I feel like I fly faster in the chopper) I could careless what the rest of team or squad is doing and they could careless what I am doing. The hole team idea has been replaced with getting your name high on the result chart at the end.
Edited by Vagrant Storm - 3/6/13 at 12:58pm
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
2600K @ 4.7GHz Asus P8P67 B3 GTX 580 EVGA Hydro Copper 2 GTX 580 EVGA  
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
4x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws bunch of 'em Blu-Ray For movies Windows 8.1 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
24.4" Hans G HH251 X2 Yamakasi DS270  Blah 1000watt Super Flower 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Built into Desk Microsoft SideWinder X8 Comfy one... Creative Extreme Gamer 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
2600K @ 4.7GHz Asus P8P67 B3 GTX 580 EVGA Hydro Copper 2 GTX 580 EVGA  
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
4x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws bunch of 'em Blu-Ray For movies Windows 8.1 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
24.4" Hans G HH251 X2 Yamakasi DS270  Blah 1000watt Super Flower 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Built into Desk Microsoft SideWinder X8 Comfy one... Creative Extreme Gamer 
  hide details  
Reply
post #70 of 83
@moocowman
Quote:
It's not a sandbox game because that implies you make an impact on the world you're playing in. Minecraft is a sandbox game.

.... in battlefield 3 you DO make an impact in the world (map) you play ... it seems that destructible environment isn't that impacting for you then lol i know you cant create stuff , but you can do pretty much whatever you want , in any map ( there are rules in the game like , going out of a "bound" area but that doesnt mean you cant go outside of area )


@Vagrant Storm

im just going to comment on the first paragraph because the others are just experiences/ranting/derail of the point im trying to make
Quote:
I am sorry...but I have no clue what you are saying. Are you saying the core of the game is the sand box game play? I...don't really think you can have anything but an open sandbox in a multiplayer shooter. Perhaps the control point maps in TF2 aren't completely open, but even then you can get the cart moving backward and what not.

ok , first , you need to first define this "sandbox" idea , THEN you will understand the concept of "sandbox" ... you can go to wikipedia and "read" what this type of game is , but it wont tell you the concept of it..

... after you searched the internet for a concrete definition of sandbox and argue with me about it

Its more of a concept but the same word says it all , its a place in that you can do whatever you want , with a set of "toys" , thats it ... and by that , Battlefield 3 is a sandbox game , you got like 20 sandboxes and in each one , different set of tools , you can do whatever you want ... Explode a wall to get in a building ... yes you can , get on top of a building to snipe ... yes you can (the MAV trick still works , you just need to prone) . ram a tank in a building and cross to the other side of the road in a non-expected entrace? yes you can ..

... i can keep going , but in the end , you can do anything you want . Now , there are rules inside this sandbox because after all its a game , you decide to obey those rules or not , you decide to play with others , you decide which one to kill , you decide all the time ...

-Do what you want in a "map" ... check

-play how you want to play ... check

the core of battlefield is THIS exact experience , IF you think that in order to a game have "squadbased" "tactical stuff" or "strategy" , the developers NEED to tell you HOW to do this stuff .... i dont know what to tell you , but i know what you could do ... join a clan and talk over there and imagine you and your clan mates as a big squad ... its the same , right ?

im not trying to fight / insult anyone here , im just talking , just in case someone read this in a angry tone or something like that lol
Edited by yoi - 3/6/13 at 1:38pm
My Trusty PC
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 1366 950 EVGA Classified 3 EVGA 580 gtx G.skill Pi  
OSKeyboardPowerCase
W7 ultimate 64bit Logitec G510 Corsair  Haf X 
Mouse
Deathadder 
  hide details  
Reply
My Trusty PC
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 1366 950 EVGA Classified 3 EVGA 580 gtx G.skill Pi  
OSKeyboardPowerCase
W7 ultimate 64bit Logitec G510 Corsair  Haf X 
Mouse
Deathadder 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [Youtube] Battlefield 3: End Game Launch Trailer