Originally Posted by StormX2
Im glad someone chimed in on it, Ive not used an AMD card since the 9600/9800 pro era ;p
Is the process still the same though?
Safe Mode, Uninstall Driver, Run tool, install new driver and good to go?
Its a new tool. And one does expect AMD to know their stuff
This is what they say
After running the utility, a restart of the computer is required to fully remove driver files that may be in use during the uninstall process. Installing a new driver prior to a system restart may cause the operating system to not function properly.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
But its reported to break windows 8.
One that has been around for a while and people seem to like is the Uninstaller by Atiman
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Atiman Uninstaller v.6.0.0.msi
More log files.
Backup and compare boot devices.
Forget uninstallation from Control panel, this tool uninstall automaticaly all ATI software and Install Manager.
Just one click, wait ..... and install new drivers..
New Atiman Uninstaller v.6.1.3.msi
Info, (google translate)
1. Correction restart after uninstalling Applications Profiles series of 11.9, on all systems. (AppProfiles bug)
2. Correction of non-automatic restart after uninstalling via the built-in Install Manager systems Windows 32bit.
3. Correction of non-starter Uninstaller after use programs like windows 7 manager.
1. More detailed configuration information display for representation of the Directive in its first "mask." Useful for implementing the program and less for information.
2. Control parameters and uninstall the Windows \\ winsxs files.
3. Check the UAC during program execution.
If it is activated, the application stops - turns off UAC - reboot - run automatically and after you completely uninstall the removal from the uninstaller is switched on again, as it was before.
In case of error handling can enable UAC by enableUAC.exe via command window.
Note: The UAC (User Account Control) must be disable because otherwise the system can not perform repetitive windows scripts as Administrator.
4. Create a restore point for the whole system.
4a. In case of a problem, restore the system to immediately uninstall the previous situation by running sysrestore.exe from anywhere in DOS surrounds it. (Safe mode with command prompt).
5. Create a restore point just for the active ControlSet's the system.
5a. In case of a problem with boot VGA device, restore the system to its previous state by running setrestore.exe from anywhere in DOS environment.(Safe mode with command prompt).
6. The last window of the uninstall information includes,
6a. Fuller 'Next Gen Events Log file', that shows anything has been deleted from the system.
6b. Special menus 'Check system current bootable situation' which controls the state of the system bootable device that moment and they tell us online and through the log file if the system is safe at the next restart.
8.Do not use Install Manager from the control panel to uninstall.
All made from here by pressing the shortcut key on the desktop or in start menu.
Atiman Uninstaller v.6.2.0
1. Elimination of manual mode.
2. Create optional configuration menu (CURRENT SELECTION S), in the first page.
2a. On the menu you can define the depth and the type of uninstallation.
2b. Note special significance or choice 5 (Light configuration). *
Cut the minimum strictly necessary (not available, the backup and verify the driver).
Useful assistant for users to address issues of concern to restart (was wrong for me).
3. Temporary activation of the administrator account, from the first page, automatically.
4. Control parameters and optional menu with visual reference to them.
5. At the start the process of the Next Generation, we can,
5a. To see the selected options (if we are appointed by the Authority).
5b. You can disable or change one or more. (Option R).
5c. You can specify whether we had not done.
6. Automatically change the fields in the uninstall AMD chipset systems.
7. Isolation - OFF WITH DIFFERENT safer way of amdkmdag, in order to avoid BSOD and little reported.
(These trials failed to bear when BSOD).
8. Remove the extra field generated by the drivers of the series 12.X.
9. * Ability to re-run the uninstaller to force option to completely uninstall as long as we want.
Note Here the menu changes, references lead us and change the color of the first page does not let us forget.
10. FULLER VBLS file ...
Atiman Uninstaller v.6.3.1
1. Extra menu in the main page "quick uninstallation"
This removes the driver in order to install another version of the same driver family e.g. 12.2 with another version of 12.2
This one click procedure takes less than 10 secs together with the auto restart and after this the intallation of the new driver can take place immediately.
Note: For greater efficiency of the uninstaller the classic Atiman's uninstaller NEXT GENERATION auto procedure is required...
2. Ability to remove any driver (including modded ones) even if the driver doesnt have an install manager. This is achieved through a special designed ES Manager with lots of extras.
The procedure is fully automatic and the only way to identify the difference just by reading the uninstaller's notes during the procedure.
3. Faster performance of Next Generation uninstall procedure.
4. Removal of Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 that gets installed during the drivers installation.
5. ULPS Control through the Start menu> Atiman Technologies Inc > Atiman Uninstaller 6.3.1 > ULPScontrol.
It is similar to driver sweeper but made for AMD cards. But some people reports issues with this too.
All these utilities have reported issues. People also report successful uninstalls
Bottom line is : People need to try these and see what works for them.
Some also recommend Driver fusion