Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Newest batch of 3570K's OCing like crazy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Newest batch of 3570K's OCing like crazy - Page 54

post #531 of 615
For some reason I can get bsods and prime rounding errors but not wheas, is something wrong?
post #532 of 615
Try putting your VCore up a notch. Should help.
Gaming Computer
(19 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Asustek P5Q-PRO Nvidia 9800 GTX+ Kingston DDR2 8gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital 1 TB Pioneer Noctua NH-U9B Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell Monitor Logitech G110 Antec 750W Thermaltake Aluminium Old Case 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G500 Gaming Mouse Generic Mousepad Soundblaster 5.1 VX 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Computer
(19 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Asustek P5Q-PRO Nvidia 9800 GTX+ Kingston DDR2 8gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital 1 TB Pioneer Noctua NH-U9B Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell Monitor Logitech G110 Antec 750W Thermaltake Aluminium Old Case 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G500 Gaming Mouse Generic Mousepad Soundblaster 5.1 VX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #533 of 615
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamen50 View Post

Try putting your VCore up a notch. Should help.
No thats not the issue, basicly I can run +0.010v (1.154) fine, no bsods nothing, however when I try vcores that are unstable - 0.030v I get bsods and such which is normal for an unstable OC, however whats not normal is not getting wheas. And since I'm not getting wheas I can't tell if I am stable right now
post #534 of 615
Really? So you are having BSODs and you don't know if you are stable right now? You obviously are not.

WHEA errors can be a sign to detect unstability (sometimes even before crashes or software errors), but they do not neccesary appear on an unstable state. You can see lots of post with same situation (sistem unstable due to overclock but no WHEA errors): http://www.overclock.net/t/1317335/whea-error-alert-guide-or-how-i-got-out-of-wheaville#post_18392058
post #535 of 615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igbf View Post

Really? So you are having BSODs and you don't know if you are stable right now? You obviously are not.

WHEA errors can be a sign to detect unstability (sometimes even before crashes or software errors), but they do not neccesary appear on an unstable state. You can see lots of post with same situation (sistem unstable due to overclock but no WHEA errors): http://www.overclock.net/t/1317335/whea-error-alert-guide-or-how-i-got-out-of-wheaville#post_18392058
Your not getting what I'm saying. At 1.154v I have no issues. Problem is normally when I stress test I'd look for wheas. Issue is even at vcore levels that are unstable like 1.1v i cant get wheas so im not sure if my higher vcore is stable
post #536 of 615
It should not be neccesary to look for WHEAs. A unstable overclock will be discovered sooner or later in form of crashes or errors in the stress test or while normal usage.

Don't know why people relies so much on only one kind of error last times. Of course, having WHEAs is a clear sign of an unstable overclocking. But the reciprocal is not neccesarily true (no WHEAs=/=>Stable state as you can notice with your 1.1 setting). It's true it can be faster than just waiting for an error/crash, but every processor is different, and nobody should rely on something that can happen, or can not.

So i can only suggest that you don't bother with it, and just check for stability the usual way. If it last hours with prime95/IBT/Linx without crashing at 1.154, all good.
post #537 of 615
Hey I know this may be a little off topic... But does any one have or know of, a 4670K, 3570K or 4770K for sale? Keep hearing bout the FS page, but cant find it..

I appreciate a lil' help if you can point me in the right direction;

Have a good one~

Matthew
post #538 of 615
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew3041230 View Post

Hey I know this may be a little off topic... But does any one have or know of, a 4670K, 3570K or 4770K for sale? Keep hearing bout the FS page, but cant find it..

I appreciate a lil' help if you can point me in the right direction;

Have a good one~

Matthew
http://www.overclock.net/f/321/overclock-marketplace
post #539 of 615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igbf View Post

It should not be neccesary to look for WHEAs. A unstable overclock will be discovered sooner or later in form of crashes or errors in the stress test or while normal usage.

Don't know why people relies so much on only one kind of error last times. Of course, having WHEAs is a clear sign of an unstable overclocking. But the reciprocal is not neccesarily true (no WHEAs=/=>Stable state as you can notice with your 1.1 setting). It's true it can be faster than just waiting for an error/crash, but every processor is different, and nobody should rely on something that can happen, or can not.

So i can only suggest that you don't bother with it, and just check for stability the usual way. If it last hours with prime95/IBT/Linx without crashing at 1.154, all good.
Isn't it strange there are no wheas at any level though?
post #540 of 615
Quote:
Originally Posted by maneil99 View Post

Isn't it strange there are no wheas at any level though?

no, i can be running 4.9GHz on my i7 3770k with 1.256v and have absolutely 0 WHEA errors although as soon as I open a game (BF3) it crashes immediately, whereas a friend of mine, with the same CPU and similar situation gets WHEA errors. my i5 3570k also used to produce WHEA errors, while i have yet to see a single WHEA error with my current i7 3770k

i think Igbf has been telling you the same thing plus the details smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamen50 View Post

Try putting your VCore up a notch. Should help.

this was exactly my response to WHEA errors on the previous 3570k
Edited by mr1hm - 9/4/13 at 11:52pm
Current Rig 2013
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 3770k @ 4.6GHz Asus Maximus V Extreme Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Samsung Wonder Ram 2x4GB @ 2400MHz CL10 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung HD103SJ / 1TB 7200RPM OCZ Vertex 3 90GB Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB Cooler Master TPC 812 Push/Pull 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 8 Professional Samsung Syncmaster 27" SA550H -2ms Response Time- ASUS VG248QE 144hz 1ms Razer BlackWidow 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair CX600M 80+ Bronze Certified Zalman Z9 Roccat Kone XTD Steel Series QCK Mass 
Audio
Focusrite Forte 
  hide details  
Reply
Current Rig 2013
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 3770k @ 4.6GHz Asus Maximus V Extreme Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Samsung Wonder Ram 2x4GB @ 2400MHz CL10 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung HD103SJ / 1TB 7200RPM OCZ Vertex 3 90GB Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB Cooler Master TPC 812 Push/Pull 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 8 Professional Samsung Syncmaster 27" SA550H -2ms Response Time- ASUS VG248QE 144hz 1ms Razer BlackWidow 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair CX600M 80+ Bronze Certified Zalman Z9 Roccat Kone XTD Steel Series QCK Mass 
Audio
Focusrite Forte 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Newest batch of 3570K's OCing like crazy