Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Newest batch of 3570K's OCing like crazy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Newest batch of 3570K's OCing like crazy - Page 58

post #571 of 615
Quote:
Originally Posted by battleaxe View Post

Are you delidded? If so, then I'd say yes try that mount again.

I noticed about a 4C drop when I went to Phobya HE grease. That's what I use on TIM and IHS mount. Good stuff.

Ahh so your chip is delidded? No, mine is not.
post #572 of 615
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetfeather View Post

Ahh so your chip is delidded? No, mine is not.

Yes. I gained 12C when I delidded. So I was mid 80's before with same OC. So you would likely be a tad cooler than I am running if you delid.

If you delid do the hammer vice method. Very easy... Just follow the instructions exactly and do it over a carpeted floor in case it goes flying, better yet, strap a rubber band around it and test for movement after each wack. Some of these guys chipped their PCB's when the chip went flying across the room. I can't quite imagine how they managed this but it makes me smile and shake my head to think about it.
     
Reply
     
Reply
post #573 of 615
Quote:
Originally Posted by battleaxe View Post

How long have you been running at 1.52v?

What are you temps like on the Phobya?

Think I have had this for a year or so now.
Temps topped out at around 18min mark in Prime at ~62-63C when I first got it all together (delidded).

I had to take everything apart today as the CLP got hard and temps shot up, running on crappy paste (Something that came with 212 EVO), temps get upto ~80C in Prime around the same time.

Been waiting almost 2 weeks on my tube of CLU now...
Gaming Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-6600K @ 4.7GHz MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon ASUS Radeon R9 390 (1200/1650) 2x4GB 2666MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 830 128GB Phobya Custom Water Windows 10 QNIX QX2710 @ 120Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
QPAD MK-50, Blue Switches Rosewill TACHYON 650W Xigmatek Elysium G400 
Mouse PadAudio
MSI Gaming Xonar U7 + AKG Q701 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-6600K @ 4.7GHz MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon ASUS Radeon R9 390 (1200/1650) 2x4GB 2666MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 830 128GB Phobya Custom Water Windows 10 QNIX QX2710 @ 120Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
QPAD MK-50, Blue Switches Rosewill TACHYON 650W Xigmatek Elysium G400 
Mouse PadAudio
MSI Gaming Xonar U7 + AKG Q701 
  hide details  
Reply
post #574 of 615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stige View Post

Think I have had this for a year or so now.
Temps topped out at around 18min mark in Prime at ~62-63C when I first got it all together (delidded).

I had to take everything apart today as the CLP got hard and temps shot up, running on crappy paste (Something that came with 212 EVO), temps get upto ~80C in Prime around the same time.

Been waiting almost 2 weeks on my tube of CLU now...

Wow, that's mighty impressive for 1.51v. Under 70c.... makes me think of getting into a custom loop. I'd like to push this one over 5Ghz and that would let me do it.... hmmm....

You should get some Phobya HE grease or Gelid GC extreme for the time being. Nearly as good and not as difficult to work with. Just IMO. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835426020

Have you seen any degrading yet due to the volts? Do you do any difficult loads like folding or just gaming/casual use?
Edited by battleaxe - 10/11/13 at 9:27am
     
Reply
     
Reply
post #575 of 615
Quote:
Originally Posted by battleaxe View Post

Wow, that's mighty impressive for 1.51v. Under 70c.... makes me think of getting into a custom loop. I'd like to push this one over 5Ghz and that would let me do it.... hmmm....

You should get some Phobya HE grease or Gelid GC extreme for the time being. Nearly as good and not as difficult to work with. Just IMO. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835426020

Have you seen any degrading yet due to the volts? Do you do any difficult loads like folding or just gaming/casual use?

I do have some HE Grease but I could never get it right (Tried countless times), temps dropped 15-20C when I went from HEGrease to CLP :l
Just isn't the paste for me for some reason.
So yeah, I find it very difficult to work with heh, compared to CLP/CLU.

And haven't seen any degradation yet, I don't really do anything apart from web browsing/gaming and the occasinal 30min Prime to check on temps.
My 2500K ran around same voltages for almost 2 years with no signs either before I fried it by booting with 1.8V >.<<br />
Also I apparently had this one at 1.59V for past few weeks without noticing, I somehow managed to put my offset and +0.365V instead of 0.265V when I reset my settings a few weeks ago...
Gaming Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-6600K @ 4.7GHz MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon ASUS Radeon R9 390 (1200/1650) 2x4GB 2666MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 830 128GB Phobya Custom Water Windows 10 QNIX QX2710 @ 120Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
QPAD MK-50, Blue Switches Rosewill TACHYON 650W Xigmatek Elysium G400 
Mouse PadAudio
MSI Gaming Xonar U7 + AKG Q701 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-6600K @ 4.7GHz MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon ASUS Radeon R9 390 (1200/1650) 2x4GB 2666MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 830 128GB Phobya Custom Water Windows 10 QNIX QX2710 @ 120Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
QPAD MK-50, Blue Switches Rosewill TACHYON 650W Xigmatek Elysium G400 
Mouse PadAudio
MSI Gaming Xonar U7 + AKG Q701 
  hide details  
Reply
post #576 of 615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stige View Post

I do have some HE Grease but I could never get it right (Tried countless times), temps dropped 15-20C when I went from HEGrease to CLP :l
Just isn't the paste for me for some reason.
So yeah, I find it very difficult to work with heh, compared to CLP/CLU.

And haven't seen any degradation yet, I don't really do anything apart from web browsing/gaming and the occasinal 30min Prime to check on temps.
My 2500K ran around same voltages for almost 2 years with no signs either before I fried it by booting with 1.8V >.<<br />
Also I apparently had this one at 1.59V for past few weeks without noticing, I somehow managed to put my offset and +0.365V instead of 0.265V when I reset my settings a few weeks ago...

Well, its good to know these things are so robust. Great information for me personally. I like knowing I've got a lot more wiggle room if I want to push it.

I gotta get a custom loop man! Those are some stellar temps! +1 to you!
     
Reply
     
Reply
post #577 of 615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stige View Post

I do have some HE Grease but I could never get it right (Tried countless times), temps dropped 15-20C when I went from HEGrease to CLP :l
Just isn't the paste for me for some reason.
So yeah, I find it very difficult to work with heh, compared to CLP/CLU.

Just put a BB sized glob of it in the middle and set the block on it. Let the block push it into position. There's nothing more to these two TIM's than that. They are a pain to spread around, I'll give you that.... so its best to just spot a BB (slightly smaller than a pea) and set er' on there.

Are you naked mounted? Or using the IHS?
     
Reply
     
Reply
post #578 of 615
Quote:
Originally Posted by battleaxe View Post

Just put a BB sized glob of it in the middle and set the block on it. Let the block push it into position. There's nothing more to these two TIM's than that. They are a pain to spread around, I'll give you that.... so its best to just spot a BB (slightly smaller than a pea) and set er' on there.

Are you naked mounted? Or using the IHS?

Using IHS.

And trust me, I propably tried almost 20 times to reseat my block with the HEGrease, using every possible method I could think of and never got the temps right frown.gif
Gaming Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-6600K @ 4.7GHz MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon ASUS Radeon R9 390 (1200/1650) 2x4GB 2666MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 830 128GB Phobya Custom Water Windows 10 QNIX QX2710 @ 120Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
QPAD MK-50, Blue Switches Rosewill TACHYON 650W Xigmatek Elysium G400 
Mouse PadAudio
MSI Gaming Xonar U7 + AKG Q701 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-6600K @ 4.7GHz MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon ASUS Radeon R9 390 (1200/1650) 2x4GB 2666MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 830 128GB Phobya Custom Water Windows 10 QNIX QX2710 @ 120Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
QPAD MK-50, Blue Switches Rosewill TACHYON 650W Xigmatek Elysium G400 
Mouse PadAudio
MSI Gaming Xonar U7 + AKG Q701 
  hide details  
Reply
post #579 of 615
just finnist a stress test on my new build no delid yet got 4.8ghz on 1.25v , schould i delid it to puch it further? are the temps decent?


My System
(13 items)
 
  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
Reply
post #580 of 615
^ what cooling..?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Newest batch of 3570K's OCing like crazy