Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › ArmA 3 is horribly optimized
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ArmA 3 is horribly optimized - Page 7

post #61 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by pips View Post

So has everyone in this thread with poor optimization issues reported this to the Arma 3 developers?

if they did, then they might not have anything to ***** about when the game releases.... so why would they go and do a thing like that biggrin.gif
post #62 of 101
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pips View Post

So has everyone in this thread with poor optimization issues reported this to the Arma 3 developers?
Yeah, there is a massive thread on the feedback tracker with people complaining about this. I think they know about the problem already.
post #63 of 101
they've known about the problem since ARMA1 biggrin.gif it just wasn't that big of a deal till DayZ brought a bunch of CoD/BF generation players to ARMA biggrin.gif

so... in essence, all this whining is actually good for ARMA because they will be earning tons of $ and actually start to compete/dominate over CoD/BF style games once people are growing out of FPS and become more interested in mil sim instead. I guess the CoD generation is starting to get older and want something more mature in their gaming life.
post #64 of 101
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by psyclum View Post

they've known about the problem since ARMA1 biggrin.gif it just wasn't that big of a deal till DayZ brought a bunch of CoD/BF generation players to ARMA biggrin.gif
I've been whining about this since I bought ArmA 2 (long before DayZ). It was by far the worst part about the game.
post #65 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Vanelay View Post

Yeah, there is a massive thread on the feedback tracker with people complaining about this. I think they know about the problem already.

That didn't answer my question. Unless that was basically a "no".

It matters not if you think that you think that they are aware of the issue. If everyone who was whining actually reported this to the devs maybe they would understand the magnitude of the issue and make it a priority to fix; however, most people are too lazy to type on their keyboards and press their mouse to contribute to the alpha.
post #66 of 101
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pips View Post

That didn't answer my question. Unless that was basically a "no".

It matters not if you think that you think that they are aware of the issue. If everyone who was whining actually reported this to the devs maybe they would understand the magnitude of the issue and make it a priority to fix; however, most people are too lazy to type on their keyboards and press their mouse to contribute to the alpha.
I'm guessing I am the only one who actually bothered to show up to the feedback tracker.
post #67 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by pips View Post

That didn't answer my question. Unless that was basically a "no".

It matters not if you think that you think that they are aware of the issue. If everyone who was whining actually reported this to the devs maybe they would understand the magnitude of the issue and make it a priority to fix; however, most people are too lazy to type on their keyboards and press their mouse to contribute to the alpha.

How many times have people posted telling people with this argument that it can't work that way? There is a flaw in the game engine, and it would take a major overhaul to remove. It's way too late in the development process for that, it would have to be pretty much the first thing done beyond concept work.

They've obviously decided that it's not worth the time, and thus money, to fix for Arma3. Only complain if you hope they'll redo the engine more for Arma4, not trying to get a change in A3 which can't happen.
SUPERPWN
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4670K Asus z87-Pro MSI GTX 1080 Aero 32GB DDR3 Gskill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMonitor
4TB Seagate Windows 8 x64 Overlord x270 OC HP ZR27 
MonitorKeyboardPowerAudio
Asus PG279Q G-Tune Topre Realforce 800w Yulong D100 DAC with Denon D7000 headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
SUPERPWN
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4670K Asus z87-Pro MSI GTX 1080 Aero 32GB DDR3 Gskill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMonitor
4TB Seagate Windows 8 x64 Overlord x270 OC HP ZR27 
MonitorKeyboardPowerAudio
Asus PG279Q G-Tune Topre Realforce 800w Yulong D100 DAC with Denon D7000 headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
post #68 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy9000 View Post

How many times have people posted telling people with this argument that it can't work that way? There is a flaw in the game engine, and it would take a major overhaul to remove. It's way too late in the development process for that, it would have to be pretty much the first thing done beyond concept work.

They've obviously decided that it's not worth the time, and thus money, to fix for Arma3. Only complain if you hope they'll redo the engine more for Arma4, not trying to get a change in A3 which can't happen.

I disagree. Just in the last update for the alpha the majority are already getting higher frames.
post #69 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by pips View Post

I disagree. Just in the last update for the alpha the majority are already getting higher frames.

So.. wheres the updatelog that states better performance then?
post #70 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by pips View Post

That didn't answer my question. Unless that was basically a "no".

It matters not if you think that you think that they are aware of the issue. If everyone who was whining actually reported this to the devs maybe they would understand the magnitude of the issue and make it a priority to fix; however, most people are too lazy to type on their keyboards and press their mouse to contribute to the alpha.

There are hundreds if not thousands of posts there already, they are aware of the magnitude dude.
Seems like youre the one who hasnt been there yet.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › ArmA 3 is horribly optimized