Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [PCGH.de] Titan sli Vs 7970 Toxic cf
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[PCGH.de] Titan sli Vs 7970 Toxic cf - Page 46

post #451 of 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptorpowa View Post

His can't comepete with a single titan mine can....plus free 6 games. biggrin.gif

But, but, 4 7850's beat a single Titan. lachen.gif

Do you see why Price / Performance of 2 lesser cards beating a more expensive card is such a stupid argument?

I don't expect you to answer that, because that would make your argument......
2010rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
X5660 @ 4.5  ASUS P6X58D-E 980TI? 12GB OCZ Platinum - 7-7-7-21 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1 80GB SSD x25m - 3TB F3 + F4 NH-D14 Windows 7 Ultimate LG 47LH55 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Natural Wireless Keyboard Corsair 750HX CM 690 II Advanced MX 518 
  hide details  
Reply
2010rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
X5660 @ 4.5  ASUS P6X58D-E 980TI? 12GB OCZ Platinum - 7-7-7-21 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1 80GB SSD x25m - 3TB F3 + F4 NH-D14 Windows 7 Ultimate LG 47LH55 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Natural Wireless Keyboard Corsair 750HX CM 690 II Advanced MX 518 
  hide details  
Reply
post #452 of 666
Yep... that sums it up pretty well tongue.gif
Warchief
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k @4.5 ghz - 1.280v Asus Sabertooth X79 EVGA GTX 980 ACX 2.0 Corsair Vengeance 16gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 128GB Seagate 31000528AS 1tb LG DVDRW Corsair H80 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Pro Dell S2340L 23" Corsair K50 Sentey Golden Steel Power 850W 
CaseMouse
Corsair Carbide 500R Corsair M95 
  hide details  
Reply
Warchief
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k @4.5 ghz - 1.280v Asus Sabertooth X79 EVGA GTX 980 ACX 2.0 Corsair Vengeance 16gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 128GB Seagate 31000528AS 1tb LG DVDRW Corsair H80 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Pro Dell S2340L 23" Corsair K50 Sentey Golden Steel Power 850W 
CaseMouse
Corsair Carbide 500R Corsair M95 
  hide details  
Reply
post #453 of 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010rig View Post

But, but, 4 7850's beat a single Titan. lachen.gif

Do you see why Price / Performance of 2 lesser cards beating a more expensive card is such a stupid argument?

I don't expect you to answer that, because that would make your argument......

why woulld you buy 4 7850 lololololololololol to beat a titan unless your brain dead....critical thinking 101, you always go with the least amount of gpu in order to match 1 gpu lololololololol...lachen.gif
Black and White
(29 items)
 
Audi A6
(0 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3930k Asus Rampage IV Extreme SAPPHIRE Vapor-X 100351VXSR Radeon HD 7970 GHz ... SAPPHIRE Vapor-X 100351VXSR Radeon HD 7970 GHz ... 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
SAPPHIRE Vapor-X 100351VXSR Radeon HD 7970 GHz ... G Skill Ripjaws X Series 16 gb (4x4gb) 240-Pin ... Velociraptor 300 gb 10,000 rpm Velociraptor 300 gb 10,000 rpm 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
SAMSUNG 840 Series MZ-7TD120BW 2.5" 120GB SATA ... MCP655 swiftech with mod casing bitspower Swiftech KOMODO-HD7970 Full Cover VGA Waterblock Swiftech KOMODO-HD7970 Full Cover VGA Waterblock 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Swiftech KOMODO-HD7970 Full Cover VGA Waterblock 480 mm phobya xchanger 240 mm phobya xchanger Bitspower Res 250 dual/single kit 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Lamptron FC8 Silver Corsair sp 120 mm fan (white trim) Windows & Ultimate Acer S271HL BID 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Acer S271HL BID Acer S271HL BID CM Storm Mechanical Keyboard Seasonic X series 1250 watt 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Case Labs SM8 White Zowie AM Rocketfish Aluminum Gamecon 780 7.1 Headset with mic 
Audio
Bose 5.1 Speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
Black and White
(29 items)
 
Audi A6
(0 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3930k Asus Rampage IV Extreme SAPPHIRE Vapor-X 100351VXSR Radeon HD 7970 GHz ... SAPPHIRE Vapor-X 100351VXSR Radeon HD 7970 GHz ... 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
SAPPHIRE Vapor-X 100351VXSR Radeon HD 7970 GHz ... G Skill Ripjaws X Series 16 gb (4x4gb) 240-Pin ... Velociraptor 300 gb 10,000 rpm Velociraptor 300 gb 10,000 rpm 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
SAMSUNG 840 Series MZ-7TD120BW 2.5" 120GB SATA ... MCP655 swiftech with mod casing bitspower Swiftech KOMODO-HD7970 Full Cover VGA Waterblock Swiftech KOMODO-HD7970 Full Cover VGA Waterblock 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Swiftech KOMODO-HD7970 Full Cover VGA Waterblock 480 mm phobya xchanger 240 mm phobya xchanger Bitspower Res 250 dual/single kit 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Lamptron FC8 Silver Corsair sp 120 mm fan (white trim) Windows & Ultimate Acer S271HL BID 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Acer S271HL BID Acer S271HL BID CM Storm Mechanical Keyboard Seasonic X series 1250 watt 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Case Labs SM8 White Zowie AM Rocketfish Aluminum Gamecon 780 7.1 Headset with mic 
Audio
Bose 5.1 Speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
post #454 of 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptorpowa View Post

why woulld you buy 4 7850 lololololololololol to beat a titan unless your brain dead....critical thinking 101, you always go with the least amount of gpu in order to match 1 gpu lololololololol...lachen.gif

Just proving to you how stupid the argument is in the first place. That went over your head huh Doctor? wave2.gif

Also, that guy should've gotten 2 6770's instead of a 7850. buttkick.gif
2010rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
X5660 @ 4.5  ASUS P6X58D-E 980TI? 12GB OCZ Platinum - 7-7-7-21 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1 80GB SSD x25m - 3TB F3 + F4 NH-D14 Windows 7 Ultimate LG 47LH55 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Natural Wireless Keyboard Corsair 750HX CM 690 II Advanced MX 518 
  hide details  
Reply
2010rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
X5660 @ 4.5  ASUS P6X58D-E 980TI? 12GB OCZ Platinum - 7-7-7-21 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1 80GB SSD x25m - 3TB F3 + F4 NH-D14 Windows 7 Ultimate LG 47LH55 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Natural Wireless Keyboard Corsair 750HX CM 690 II Advanced MX 518 
  hide details  
Reply
post #455 of 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010rig View Post

Just proving to you how stupid the argument is in the first place. That went over your head huh Doctor? wave2.gif

Also, that guy should've gotten 2 6770's instead of a 7850. buttkick.gif


I already have the 7950 to begin with, why would I spend 1k if I can match it for just $350.00.....I think you're barking at the wrong guy here tongue.gif
Black and White
(29 items)
 
Audi A6
(0 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3930k Asus Rampage IV Extreme SAPPHIRE Vapor-X 100351VXSR Radeon HD 7970 GHz ... SAPPHIRE Vapor-X 100351VXSR Radeon HD 7970 GHz ... 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
SAPPHIRE Vapor-X 100351VXSR Radeon HD 7970 GHz ... G Skill Ripjaws X Series 16 gb (4x4gb) 240-Pin ... Velociraptor 300 gb 10,000 rpm Velociraptor 300 gb 10,000 rpm 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
SAMSUNG 840 Series MZ-7TD120BW 2.5" 120GB SATA ... MCP655 swiftech with mod casing bitspower Swiftech KOMODO-HD7970 Full Cover VGA Waterblock Swiftech KOMODO-HD7970 Full Cover VGA Waterblock 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Swiftech KOMODO-HD7970 Full Cover VGA Waterblock 480 mm phobya xchanger 240 mm phobya xchanger Bitspower Res 250 dual/single kit 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Lamptron FC8 Silver Corsair sp 120 mm fan (white trim) Windows & Ultimate Acer S271HL BID 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Acer S271HL BID Acer S271HL BID CM Storm Mechanical Keyboard Seasonic X series 1250 watt 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Case Labs SM8 White Zowie AM Rocketfish Aluminum Gamecon 780 7.1 Headset with mic 
Audio
Bose 5.1 Speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
Black and White
(29 items)
 
Audi A6
(0 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3930k Asus Rampage IV Extreme SAPPHIRE Vapor-X 100351VXSR Radeon HD 7970 GHz ... SAPPHIRE Vapor-X 100351VXSR Radeon HD 7970 GHz ... 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
SAPPHIRE Vapor-X 100351VXSR Radeon HD 7970 GHz ... G Skill Ripjaws X Series 16 gb (4x4gb) 240-Pin ... Velociraptor 300 gb 10,000 rpm Velociraptor 300 gb 10,000 rpm 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
SAMSUNG 840 Series MZ-7TD120BW 2.5" 120GB SATA ... MCP655 swiftech with mod casing bitspower Swiftech KOMODO-HD7970 Full Cover VGA Waterblock Swiftech KOMODO-HD7970 Full Cover VGA Waterblock 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Swiftech KOMODO-HD7970 Full Cover VGA Waterblock 480 mm phobya xchanger 240 mm phobya xchanger Bitspower Res 250 dual/single kit 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Lamptron FC8 Silver Corsair sp 120 mm fan (white trim) Windows & Ultimate Acer S271HL BID 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Acer S271HL BID Acer S271HL BID CM Storm Mechanical Keyboard Seasonic X series 1250 watt 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Case Labs SM8 White Zowie AM Rocketfish Aluminum Gamecon 780 7.1 Headset with mic 
Audio
Bose 5.1 Speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
post #456 of 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcg75 View Post

Are you for real?

Taking the two top of the line single gpu cards available and pitting them head to head is somehow unfair?

For awhile I thought you were objective. You aren't. You are arguing simply for the sake of arguing.

Its not fair either way you look at it. Yes I am for real.

How is my point not valid?

Btw because some people do not buy titan they are poor? Lol!

Am pretty sure I got more in the bank than you do.
Intel Killer
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 8320 4.4ghz Gigabyte 990fx XFX R9 290 (1100/1250) 8GB DDR3 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
750GB Momentus XT Corsair H80i Windows 8 3x 23" 1080p 
KeyboardPower
Logitech Mk 710 OCZ 1000 watts 
  hide details  
Reply
Intel Killer
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 8320 4.4ghz Gigabyte 990fx XFX R9 290 (1100/1250) 8GB DDR3 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
750GB Momentus XT Corsair H80i Windows 8 3x 23" 1080p 
KeyboardPower
Logitech Mk 710 OCZ 1000 watts 
  hide details  
Reply
post #457 of 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptorpowa View Post

validation...and sorry you don't make more money than me...my wife is a neuro surgeon and co-owner of 2 hospital. tongue.gif




Titan is still overprice for the little performance you gain from it....
haha way to go man!
Intel Killer
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 8320 4.4ghz Gigabyte 990fx XFX R9 290 (1100/1250) 8GB DDR3 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
750GB Momentus XT Corsair H80i Windows 8 3x 23" 1080p 
KeyboardPower
Logitech Mk 710 OCZ 1000 watts 
  hide details  
Reply
Intel Killer
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 8320 4.4ghz Gigabyte 990fx XFX R9 290 (1100/1250) 8GB DDR3 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
750GB Momentus XT Corsair H80i Windows 8 3x 23" 1080p 
KeyboardPower
Logitech Mk 710 OCZ 1000 watts 
  hide details  
Reply
post #458 of 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010rig View Post



Do you see why Price / Performance of 2 lesser cards beating a more expensive card is such a stupid argument?

.

It isn't a stupid arguement cause most people in the market for GPUs have a certain budget and check certain options within that budget. For 1000 dollars or euros or what have you some would get a titan, others would opt for a 690 and others would get two 7970s/680s or three 7950s. I would personally get two 7950s (they cost around 600 euros where I currently live) keep 400 then when 8950/770/760ti or whatnot is out I'd sell those cheapish (~180 a piece,practically instant sale ) and buy a pair of new cards for a total of ~800 euros. That would net me somewhat better performance than a single titan initially, and most certainly better performance later on. That's me and my sub 1000 budget. Others that are looking for multiple titan/690 sli/7990 xfire setups obviously have totally different priorities and this is where SLi scaling comes to play.
Edited by Kuivamaa - 3/11/13 at 10:30am
Mastodon Ryzen
(12 items)
 
HP Z220
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
R7 1800X Asus Crosshair VI Hero Sapphire RX Vega 64 reference Gskill TridentZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Pny SSD 240GB Crucial MX100 CM Nepton 280L Win 10 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Acer Predator XG270HU Freesync XFX 750W Pro HAF XM Logitech G502 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsCooling
i7 3770 HP Quadro K2000 HP 
OSPowerCaseMouse
Win 7  HP 400W HP CMT RAT 7 
  hide details  
Reply
Mastodon Ryzen
(12 items)
 
HP Z220
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
R7 1800X Asus Crosshair VI Hero Sapphire RX Vega 64 reference Gskill TridentZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Pny SSD 240GB Crucial MX100 CM Nepton 280L Win 10 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Acer Predator XG270HU Freesync XFX 750W Pro HAF XM Logitech G502 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsCooling
i7 3770 HP Quadro K2000 HP 
OSPowerCaseMouse
Win 7  HP 400W HP CMT RAT 7 
  hide details  
Reply
post #459 of 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010rig View Post

But, but, 4 7850's beat a single Titan. lachen.gif

Do you see why Price / Performance of 2 lesser cards beating a more expensive card is such a stupid argument?

I don't expect you to answer that, because that would make your argument......

Considering your can't quad fire 7850's I don't think it would change his argument much. There are also big limiting factors even if you could quad fire 7850s such as VRAM. Something you don't get when comparing 2x 7950s to a single Titan.
Bubbles
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570k @4.7 GA-z77x-ud5h Crossfire 7950's / Heatkiller GPU-X³ 79X0 16gb Samsung 30nm  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung F3 OCZ Vertex 3 XSPC Raystorm EK Coolstream 360 + XSPC RX240 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Windows 8 Pro Crossover Q27 CM Quick Fire Rapid (Reds) NZXT Switch 810 
Mouse
Roccat Savu  
  hide details  
Reply
Bubbles
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570k @4.7 GA-z77x-ud5h Crossfire 7950's / Heatkiller GPU-X³ 79X0 16gb Samsung 30nm  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung F3 OCZ Vertex 3 XSPC Raystorm EK Coolstream 360 + XSPC RX240 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Windows 8 Pro Crossover Q27 CM Quick Fire Rapid (Reds) NZXT Switch 810 
Mouse
Roccat Savu  
  hide details  
Reply
post #460 of 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuivamaa View Post

Doesn't have to be that way. They can simply increase the die, get more than 15% in performance and charge 40% over what they did for 680/7970. If it makes sense margin-wise, they will do it.

AMD doesn't do big dies. The first problem with it is that you have to start designing it way before a year prior to launch. The companies can't just react to each others actions by releasing huge dies, those are the ones that cause trouble manufacturing wise.

AMD did try a 420mm^2 die once, and it was a complete and utter disaster. GK110 is 561mm^2. I doubt AMD will use a bigger (much) die for their next cards, they have no experience and current tahiti cards already pull lots of power. It's much more likely that they will go for higher frequencies on similar transistor budgets as before. That might also mean worse OCing potential like you got with the 6000 series.

We'll see, but I really would not put my money on AMD making a big chip.
 
Benching
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[i7 5960X @ 4.8GHz] [Rampage V Extreme] [Titan 1400MHz (1500MHz bench)] [Various] 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
[250GB 840EVO +2x SpinpointF3 1TB RAID0] [LD PC-V2 SS Phase Change] [XSPC X2O 750 pump/res] [Monsta 360 full copper + EK XT 360 + XT 240] 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
[Crossover 27Q LED-P 1440p+ASUS 1200p+LG 1080p] [Corsair AX1200] [Dimastech Easy v3.0] [Sennheiser HD558s] 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
FX 8320, FX 8350, Phenom II x2 555BE i7 3930K, i7 860, i7 4770K, 68x Celeron D CVF, commando, 2x RIVE, Z87X-OC Asus 4870x2, Sapphire 4870 
GraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphics
2x 5870, 5850, 5830, 5770 2x 3870x2, 3870 GTX Titan, GTX 480, GTX 590 GTX 285, GTX 260, 4x 9800GT, 8800GTX 
RAMHard DriveCoolingCooling
4x4GB vengeance, 2x4GB predatorX, 2x1GB OCZ DDR2 Intel X25-M 80GB LD PC-V2 SS Phase Change OCN Marksman 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
2x old tek slims (GPU) Various watercooling stuff win7, winxp AX1200 
Case
test bench / cardboard box 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Benching
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[i7 5960X @ 4.8GHz] [Rampage V Extreme] [Titan 1400MHz (1500MHz bench)] [Various] 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
[250GB 840EVO +2x SpinpointF3 1TB RAID0] [LD PC-V2 SS Phase Change] [XSPC X2O 750 pump/res] [Monsta 360 full copper + EK XT 360 + XT 240] 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
[Crossover 27Q LED-P 1440p+ASUS 1200p+LG 1080p] [Corsair AX1200] [Dimastech Easy v3.0] [Sennheiser HD558s] 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
FX 8320, FX 8350, Phenom II x2 555BE i7 3930K, i7 860, i7 4770K, 68x Celeron D CVF, commando, 2x RIVE, Z87X-OC Asus 4870x2, Sapphire 4870 
GraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphics
2x 5870, 5850, 5830, 5770 2x 3870x2, 3870 GTX Titan, GTX 480, GTX 590 GTX 285, GTX 260, 4x 9800GT, 8800GTX 
RAMHard DriveCoolingCooling
4x4GB vengeance, 2x4GB predatorX, 2x1GB OCZ DDR2 Intel X25-M 80GB LD PC-V2 SS Phase Change OCN Marksman 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
2x old tek slims (GPU) Various watercooling stuff win7, winxp AX1200 
Case
test bench / cardboard box 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [PCGH.de] Titan sli Vs 7970 Toxic cf