Overclock.net › Forums › Overclock.net Forum › Overclock.net Related News and Information › [TOURNAMENT] Overclock.net League of Legends Challenge | $2,000 in Prizes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[TOURNAMENT] Overclock.net League of Legends Challenge | $2,000 in Prizes - Page 12

post #111 of 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurrentlyPissed View Post


Wow, while it's cool theres so many people singed up this is kinda becomming not really what I thought it was.

Even though I'm 1800, I'd stand no chance with a bunch of people that would be randomly paired with vs a certain few gaming houses that will be in there.

The idea of this seemed to start off cool, now it's kinda just like an attention grabber. Not so cool anymore.

 

Understood :) We will have comps that are "active OCN members only". But part of this initiative is to sponsor a competitive series of tournaments. We have some amazing gamers on this site. Just like we compete on a world stage for overclocking, I think we can do the same for gaming. I know that in Starcraft, we have some Grandmasters on this site. 

 

Look for some tournaments coming up soon that will be for active OCN members only :)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurrentlyPissed View Post

Wanted to add, perhaps give people more than 5 days next time for Registration. Two weeks would of been more ideal possibly. For those of us without a team, to possibly form one, and get some time together in.

 

Indeed. This is our very first tournament of this kind we have run. Please forgive us in some of the areas we fall short on. We are definitely doing our best here to support the gaming community. We will get much better at it over time. For sure though - we will have longer registration periods in our future events. Thanks for the input!

post #112 of 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by discipline View Post

Maybe for future tourneys make team captains require at least 10 or 15+ rep so at least one person on the team has to have a legit OCN account. Or if you want it to be more lax, at least one person on the team has to have been registered before the tourney is announced. I dunno letting pro teams play seems kinda counter intuitive unless you are trying to break into the actual tourney scene? nvm read the original tourney announcement post you are working with esports canada so this is going to be a serious monthly thing then

I kind of agree with this. Anyone can search for tourneys, but if they are not really a part of the community then what is the point in holding one on OCN?(more members and popularity?) Why not just create a whole new site and give away the prizes there? If it was meant to bring the OCN members together as gamers it might set them back. As pro teams join in a lot of the active but not as competitive OCN members will not stand a chance. I can understand if they are already part of the community, yet if they just join for the sake of winning the prizes then odds are they wont even contribute to the community after the said tourney is all said and done.
Gladiator
(12 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-6100 @4.4Ghz 970A-G46 (MS-7693) MSI GeForce GTX 760 Kingston  
RAMCoolingOSMonitor
Kingston  XIGMATEK Dark Knight II Windows 7 Ultimate Dell 19 Inch  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cm Storm Devistator 750W Ultra LSP Ultra Gladiator CM Storm Devistator 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX 8350 ASUS CROSSHAIR V FORMULA EVGA GeForce GTX 680 FTW EVGA GeForce GTX 680 FTW 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
Vengeance® — 16GB Dual/Quad Channel DDR3 Memory... WD Corsair Black Corsair Hydro Series H100i High Performance Dua... Windows 7 Pro 
PowerCase
HX Series HX1050 Power Supply — 1050 Watt 80 PL... Cooler Master HAF X 
  hide details  
Reply
Gladiator
(12 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-6100 @4.4Ghz 970A-G46 (MS-7693) MSI GeForce GTX 760 Kingston  
RAMCoolingOSMonitor
Kingston  XIGMATEK Dark Knight II Windows 7 Ultimate Dell 19 Inch  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cm Storm Devistator 750W Ultra LSP Ultra Gladiator CM Storm Devistator 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX 8350 ASUS CROSSHAIR V FORMULA EVGA GeForce GTX 680 FTW EVGA GeForce GTX 680 FTW 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
Vengeance® — 16GB Dual/Quad Channel DDR3 Memory... WD Corsair Black Corsair Hydro Series H100i High Performance Dua... Windows 7 Pro 
PowerCase
HX Series HX1050 Power Supply — 1050 Watt 80 PL... Cooler Master HAF X 
  hide details  
Reply
post #113 of 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delirious84 View Post


I kind of agree with this. Anyone can search for tourneys, but if they are not really a part of the community then what is the point in holding one on OCN?(more members and popularity?) Why not just create a whole new site and give away the prizes there? If it was meant to bring the OCN members together as gamers it might set them back. As pro teams join in a lot of the active but not as competitive OCN members will not stand a chance. I can understand if they are already part of the community, yet if they just join for the sake of winning the prizes then odds are they wont even contribute to the community after the said tourney is all said and done.

 

One point on this though.

 

How did you find OCN? Probably a search engine. Maybe a friend's recommendation. Maybe you heard about us on another site.

 

These types of tournaments (along with our own OCN member focused ones) help ensure people like you are able to find this site :) 

 

I do agree 100% that we need to ensure we have a focus on active OCN members for tournaments like this - and we will! I am chatting with our Events Manager now about planning the OCN PUG Series. 

 

In order to enjoy a nice forest, you need to plant a few seeds now and then :D

post #114 of 214
Hey Admin, a little OT but are there any plans for a Black Ops 2 tourney?
It's a fairly large game and a couple Free For All matches might be fun. smile.gif
post #115 of 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by frickfrock99 View Post

Hey Admin, a little OT but are there any plans for a Black Ops 2 tourney?
It's a fairly large game and a couple Free For All matches might be fun. smile.gif

 

We are working out what FPS games will be included. A voting poll should be up relatively soon to help guide us!

post #116 of 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post

One point on this though.

How did you find OCN? Probably a search engine. Maybe a friend's recommendation. Maybe you heard about us on another site.

These types of tournaments (along with our own OCN member focused ones) help ensure people like you are able to find this site smile.gif 

I do agree 100% that we need to ensure we have a focus on active OCN members for tournaments like this - and we will! I am chatting with our Events Manager now about planning the OCN PUG Series. 

In order to enjoy a nice forest, you need to plant a few seeds now and then biggrin.gif

Well I searched for overclocking which is this forum's main niche. I wanted to OC my hardware, not LoL tournaments. I get what you are saying though. Quick question though. Have you seen a rush of signups since posting the tourney? In addition, did those new signups sign up to be in this tourney?

I know with any new tournament you will have to work out the kinks and bugs and decide what is good and bad for them overall.
Gladiator
(12 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-6100 @4.4Ghz 970A-G46 (MS-7693) MSI GeForce GTX 760 Kingston  
RAMCoolingOSMonitor
Kingston  XIGMATEK Dark Knight II Windows 7 Ultimate Dell 19 Inch  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cm Storm Devistator 750W Ultra LSP Ultra Gladiator CM Storm Devistator 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX 8350 ASUS CROSSHAIR V FORMULA EVGA GeForce GTX 680 FTW EVGA GeForce GTX 680 FTW 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
Vengeance® — 16GB Dual/Quad Channel DDR3 Memory... WD Corsair Black Corsair Hydro Series H100i High Performance Dua... Windows 7 Pro 
PowerCase
HX Series HX1050 Power Supply — 1050 Watt 80 PL... Cooler Master HAF X 
  hide details  
Reply
Gladiator
(12 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-6100 @4.4Ghz 970A-G46 (MS-7693) MSI GeForce GTX 760 Kingston  
RAMCoolingOSMonitor
Kingston  XIGMATEK Dark Knight II Windows 7 Ultimate Dell 19 Inch  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cm Storm Devistator 750W Ultra LSP Ultra Gladiator CM Storm Devistator 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX 8350 ASUS CROSSHAIR V FORMULA EVGA GeForce GTX 680 FTW EVGA GeForce GTX 680 FTW 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
Vengeance® — 16GB Dual/Quad Channel DDR3 Memory... WD Corsair Black Corsair Hydro Series H100i High Performance Dua... Windows 7 Pro 
PowerCase
HX Series HX1050 Power Supply — 1050 Watt 80 PL... Cooler Master HAF X 
  hide details  
Reply
post #117 of 214
If anyone is up for doing some SCRIMs with a 5s team tonight or maybe sometime, that will be nice , add me.

Username (NA) : AnTh0nY (it is a zero instead of a o)
post #118 of 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delirious84 View Post


Well I searched for overclocking which is this forum's main niche. I wanted to OC my hardware, not LoL tournaments. I get what you are saying though. Quick question though. Have you seen a rush of signups since posting the tourney? In addition, did those new signups sign up to be in this tourney?

I know with any new tournament you will have to work out the kinks and bugs and decide what is good and bad for them overall.

 

It's not about direct, accountable, ROI. We do not look at a DR approach when conducting initiatives like this. I like to think we are smarter than that.

 

This is a competitive gaming series. We cover way more games than just LoL over the course of the year. Our goal is not to attract LoL players only. We are here to attract PC gamers - who often share that thirst for the pursuit of performance. One of our biggest sections is PC Gaming. Hence the outreach to that community. 

 

On the overclocking side, we do a lot to try to attract this crew obviously. Our primary budget for marketing goes towards this group.

post #119 of 214
Could you let the free agent team know who the other members are so we could possibly get some playing time together before it starts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post

It's not about direct, accountable, ROI. We do not look at a DR approach when conducting initiatives like this. I like to think we are smarter than that.

This is a competitive gaming series. We cover way more games than just LoL over the course of the year. Our goal is not to attract LoL players only. We are here to attract PC gamers - who often share that thirst for the pursuit of performance. One of our biggest sections is PC Gaming. Hence the outreach to that community.

On the overclocking side, we do a lot to try to attract this crew obviously. Our primary budget for marketing goes towards this group.

Understandable. So basically you are trying to attract more gamers to the site.
Gladiator
(12 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-6100 @4.4Ghz 970A-G46 (MS-7693) MSI GeForce GTX 760 Kingston  
RAMCoolingOSMonitor
Kingston  XIGMATEK Dark Knight II Windows 7 Ultimate Dell 19 Inch  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cm Storm Devistator 750W Ultra LSP Ultra Gladiator CM Storm Devistator 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX 8350 ASUS CROSSHAIR V FORMULA EVGA GeForce GTX 680 FTW EVGA GeForce GTX 680 FTW 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
Vengeance® — 16GB Dual/Quad Channel DDR3 Memory... WD Corsair Black Corsair Hydro Series H100i High Performance Dua... Windows 7 Pro 
PowerCase
HX Series HX1050 Power Supply — 1050 Watt 80 PL... Cooler Master HAF X 
  hide details  
Reply
Gladiator
(12 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-6100 @4.4Ghz 970A-G46 (MS-7693) MSI GeForce GTX 760 Kingston  
RAMCoolingOSMonitor
Kingston  XIGMATEK Dark Knight II Windows 7 Ultimate Dell 19 Inch  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cm Storm Devistator 750W Ultra LSP Ultra Gladiator CM Storm Devistator 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX 8350 ASUS CROSSHAIR V FORMULA EVGA GeForce GTX 680 FTW EVGA GeForce GTX 680 FTW 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
Vengeance® — 16GB Dual/Quad Channel DDR3 Memory... WD Corsair Black Corsair Hydro Series H100i High Performance Dua... Windows 7 Pro 
PowerCase
HX Series HX1050 Power Supply — 1050 Watt 80 PL... Cooler Master HAF X 
  hide details  
Reply
post #120 of 214

Just another note. If we had kept this tournament to "OCN teams only", we would have a whopping 5 teams in the tournament vs. the approx 40 right now. It obviously would not be much of a tournament with only 5 teams :( 

 

Again though, we are looking to create an OCN-only rec league (with prizes) right now. Expect a post on this soon!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Overclock.net › Forums › Overclock.net Forum › Overclock.net Related News and Information › [TOURNAMENT] Overclock.net League of Legends Challenge | $2,000 in Prizes