Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Forbes] SimCity Meltdown: What Always-Online Says About Game Ownership In The Digital Age
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Forbes] SimCity Meltdown: What Always-Online Says About Game Ownership In The Digital Age - Page 8

post #71 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popple View Post

Excellent points. But even then we are leaving the following out of consideration:

1. Steam Backup fails nearly every time. There is nearly always multiple gigs to be re-downloaded when you perform a backup of catalogs of multiple games. Large monolith packets of data are often corrupt because of some under-the-hood DRM/encryption mismatch. So their so called "back up" is certainly not the same as re-copying some raw files. (mp3s, jpegs, pdfs etc...)
2. Many ISPs have monthly download quotas, then they charge premiums for every additional GB of bandwidth used. The maximum amount they can charge on top of your bill is sometimes as high as $100.

Your internet sucks, and you don't have a backup image of your hard drive? Well you probably shouldn't be downloading games in the first place. Put the cost of that next game towards a second hard drive instead, and pick your games up from gamestop.

Instead of complaining about the stupid things you are doing, do something smarter.

Like I said, I have my own beef with steam, and I support the notion that today's overly invasive DRM and other anti-consumer practices are wrong and need to be abandoned. That's all cool, just do it right, and for the right reasons. Don't kill the movement before it has even begun by giving nonsense arguments.
Edited by Zero4549 - 3/12/13 at 1:41pm
Arcane
(33 items)
 
Sanctum
(9 items)
 
Fukurou
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 MSI B350M Mortar Arctic RX Vega 64 G.Skill TridentZ  
Hard DriveHard DriveOSPower
Samsung EVO 960 Consatellation Windows 10 Pro Corsair HX 1050 
Case
Raijintek Aeneas White Window 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Core i5-661 GA-H55-USB3 12GB DDR3 1333 WD Caviar Black AALS 640GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Caviar Green EARS 2TB Vertex Turbo 60GB (SSD) Samsung Blu-ray, Samsung DVD Burner H50 (With push/pull nocturas) 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Professional 64 LG 47inch LED LCD Saitek Eclipse Lite-touch Wireless Seasonic X750 Gold 
CaseAudio
CM690 II Passive bookshelfspeakers + amp. 
  hide details  
Reply
Arcane
(33 items)
 
Sanctum
(9 items)
 
Fukurou
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 MSI B350M Mortar Arctic RX Vega 64 G.Skill TridentZ  
Hard DriveHard DriveOSPower
Samsung EVO 960 Consatellation Windows 10 Pro Corsair HX 1050 
Case
Raijintek Aeneas White Window 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Core i5-661 GA-H55-USB3 12GB DDR3 1333 WD Caviar Black AALS 640GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Caviar Green EARS 2TB Vertex Turbo 60GB (SSD) Samsung Blu-ray, Samsung DVD Burner H50 (With push/pull nocturas) 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Professional 64 LG 47inch LED LCD Saitek Eclipse Lite-touch Wireless Seasonic X750 Gold 
CaseAudio
CM690 II Passive bookshelfspeakers + amp. 
  hide details  
Reply
post #72 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkpriest667 View Post

Yes, they are. The other problem is that there are so many gaming companies compared to even 10 years ago that the market is consumed with SECOND TIER and THIRD TIER devs. Remember, the guys working at all of the studios that made some of the best games ever got swallowed up by big congolmerates and then somehow "laid off."

There are so many problems with the gaming industry on the developmental side its not even funny. Lazy is just one of them.
The Marketing is better, especially with the internet. In the old days (pre-high speed think 1995) Word spread by mouth mostly. Good games got popular and bad games got thrown in the trash.

I don't know if I'd call it lazy. I think of it this way, they started pumping out crap games and we kept buying them. In fact, apparently we like the games they hype the most regardless of how good they are. At least, that's what they see because people keep buying crap games. That gives them no incentive to do any better, on top of that we basically rolled over to micro transactions and DLC. We were like, eh I got money why not. We kept doing that, they kept pushing stuff out, now they have all the incentive to push cheap crap out. We will buy it, because we feel their is no alternative. To make things worse, too many people have the urge or need to play everything that's flashy. I think I said it before but I'm not sure, I have friends with game libraries where they won't finish quite a few of the games. Even worse, some that get finished get put away. You know what that means.

So if you look at the whole picture, we did keep buying crap and they saw that as us liking the games. They got cocky with SimCity and the backlash is astounding. Which makes me happy because people can actually see that as a consumer you can make those devs and publishers sweat. We can make them change their attitude, however we have to keep it up. I'm afraid after this, everyone will be satisfied (enough) to not do anything again. I always vote with my wallet, I don't accept any game under my standards. Their are plenty of popular titles too that I've just shrugged off, because something about it I thought was wrong. I've watched a lot of these issues grow, because people don't connect the dots till it's too late (SimCity?).

So who do we have to blame? Both, us and the developers. I think things will change though, mainstream gaming is going to lose it's edge eventually which means the publishing roller coaster will end. If not, I guess I'll just stick to buying games far and few between because I want no part of the filth that gets pushed out.
Current Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8350 4.6GHz@1.44v GA-990FXA-UD3 R4.0 HD 7950 (1100/1450) 8G Muskin DDR3 1866@8CLS 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1TB WD LiteOn DVD-RW DL Linux/Windows 19" Phillips TV 1080p 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
OCZ 600W Generic Junk Logitech MX400 Generic Junk 
Audio
SBL 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
Current Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8350 4.6GHz@1.44v GA-990FXA-UD3 R4.0 HD 7950 (1100/1450) 8G Muskin DDR3 1866@8CLS 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1TB WD LiteOn DVD-RW DL Linux/Windows 19" Phillips TV 1080p 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
OCZ 600W Generic Junk Logitech MX400 Generic Junk 
Audio
SBL 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #73 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero4549 View Post

Your internet sucks
1. That was a general comment about the situation with many ISPs across the world.
2. Your argument is that now a good internet connection is the requirement to be a member of the elite Steam master race? And that this additional hurdle makes Steam better because its users can feel even more exclusive?

Quote:
and you don't have a backup image of your hard drive?
The save game corruptions are distinct from the typical data corruptions. It's usually because of some undetermined change in the operating environment (windows updates, hardware id changes etc...) that makes gigabytes of backup become dud.
post #74 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popple View Post

1. That was a general comment about the situation with many ISPs across the world.
2. Your argument is that now a good internet connection is the requirement to be a member of the elite Steam master race? And that this additional hurdle makes Steam better because its users can feel even more exclusive?
The save game corruptions are distinct from the typical data corruptions. It's usually because of some undetermined change in the operating environment (windows updates, hardware id changes etc...) that makes gigabytes of backup become dud.

Or do what I do, backup your steamapps folder and save games. I don't backup save games, if the game was worth beating it's worth playing again from the start. You also now have the ability to install games on a separate drive. Get a 1TB, most games should be able to install into another location. Every time you format (system), you just install to the same location and the files don't have to re-download. It's a new concept I believe.... Anyways, I also stated earlier that their are ways for the super paranoid to feel a bit safer. That's just it though, the only people honestly worried about this are either super paranoid or a little OCD.

Also you can buy physical copies of many games, granted installing in offline mode I believe is non-functional. So if you have no way to access the net, steam probably isn't for you. It's really that simple. If you don't like it, don't use it. It's also that simple.
Current Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8350 4.6GHz@1.44v GA-990FXA-UD3 R4.0 HD 7950 (1100/1450) 8G Muskin DDR3 1866@8CLS 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1TB WD LiteOn DVD-RW DL Linux/Windows 19" Phillips TV 1080p 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
OCZ 600W Generic Junk Logitech MX400 Generic Junk 
Audio
SBL 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
Current Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8350 4.6GHz@1.44v GA-990FXA-UD3 R4.0 HD 7950 (1100/1450) 8G Muskin DDR3 1866@8CLS 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1TB WD LiteOn DVD-RW DL Linux/Windows 19" Phillips TV 1080p 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
OCZ 600W Generic Junk Logitech MX400 Generic Junk 
Audio
SBL 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #75 of 85
didn't read the thread but I think the argument is kinda silly

of course you own the game...what's that in your hard drive?

You only lose ownership if said service goes backrupt...shuts down the entire service/servers.
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H-WB EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2GB @ 1.3/7.1GHz 1.21V EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2GB @ 1.3/7.1GHz 1.21V 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung Green DDR3 4X4GB @ 2.1GHz Samsung 850 Pro 2TB Samsung SpinPoint F4 EcoGreen 2TB HDD LG GH24NS72 DVD Rewriter 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Swiftech H240-X Liquid Cooler Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Dell Ultrasharp U2312HM E-IPS Dell Ultrasharp U2311H E-IPS 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell Ultrasharp U2311H E-IPS Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard Rev 2 Seasonic X-750 80+ Gold 750W Rev 3 Corsair Carbide 500R Arctic White 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Alienware TactX Gaming Mouse 5000DPI SteelSeries QcK Gaming Mousepad Edifier M3300SF 2.1 Speaker Set 54W RMS Logitech G930 7.1 Wireless Gaming Headset 
AudioAudioOtherOther
Sennheiser HD 650 Open-Ear Headphones Creative Sound Blaster E5 High-Res USB DAC/ Por... Logitech F710 Wireless Gamepad  Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X Flight Stick 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core m7-6Y75 vPro Intel Graphics HD 515 DDR3L-1600MHz 8GB Samsung 960 Pro 1TB  
OSMonitorOther
Windows 10 Pro x64 Sharp IGZO 4K UHD touch Dell x Wacom active stylus 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H-WB EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2GB @ 1.3/7.1GHz 1.21V EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2GB @ 1.3/7.1GHz 1.21V 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung Green DDR3 4X4GB @ 2.1GHz Samsung 850 Pro 2TB Samsung SpinPoint F4 EcoGreen 2TB HDD LG GH24NS72 DVD Rewriter 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Swiftech H240-X Liquid Cooler Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Dell Ultrasharp U2312HM E-IPS Dell Ultrasharp U2311H E-IPS 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell Ultrasharp U2311H E-IPS Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard Rev 2 Seasonic X-750 80+ Gold 750W Rev 3 Corsair Carbide 500R Arctic White 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Alienware TactX Gaming Mouse 5000DPI SteelSeries QcK Gaming Mousepad Edifier M3300SF 2.1 Speaker Set 54W RMS Logitech G930 7.1 Wireless Gaming Headset 
AudioAudioOtherOther
Sennheiser HD 650 Open-Ear Headphones Creative Sound Blaster E5 High-Res USB DAC/ Por... Logitech F710 Wireless Gamepad  Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X Flight Stick 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core m7-6Y75 vPro Intel Graphics HD 515 DDR3L-1600MHz 8GB Samsung 960 Pro 1TB  
OSMonitorOther
Windows 10 Pro x64 Sharp IGZO 4K UHD touch Dell x Wacom active stylus 
  hide details  
Reply
post #76 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popple View Post

1. That was a general comment about the situation with many ISPs across the world.
2. Your argument is that now a good internet connection is the requirement to be a member of the elite Steam master race? And that this additional hurdle makes Steam better because its users can feel even more exclusive?
The save game corruptions are distinct from the typical data corruptions. It's usually because of some undetermined change in the operating environment (windows updates, hardware id changes etc...) that makes gigabytes of backup become dud.

There's nothing elitist about common sense. If you lived in Hawaii you wouldn't rent a snow mobile, why would you use digital download distribution services when you have poor internet? It would be faster, and possibly even cheaper, to just drive to gamestop/ebgames/bestbuy/etc.

Stop complaining, start doing.

And before you start, if your argument is that you want to use steam anyway because it's more convenient and even on your dinosaur internet you can still download your games overnight while sleeping, then what the hell are you complaining about?
Arcane
(33 items)
 
Sanctum
(9 items)
 
Fukurou
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 MSI B350M Mortar Arctic RX Vega 64 G.Skill TridentZ  
Hard DriveHard DriveOSPower
Samsung EVO 960 Consatellation Windows 10 Pro Corsair HX 1050 
Case
Raijintek Aeneas White Window 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Core i5-661 GA-H55-USB3 12GB DDR3 1333 WD Caviar Black AALS 640GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Caviar Green EARS 2TB Vertex Turbo 60GB (SSD) Samsung Blu-ray, Samsung DVD Burner H50 (With push/pull nocturas) 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Professional 64 LG 47inch LED LCD Saitek Eclipse Lite-touch Wireless Seasonic X750 Gold 
CaseAudio
CM690 II Passive bookshelfspeakers + amp. 
  hide details  
Reply
Arcane
(33 items)
 
Sanctum
(9 items)
 
Fukurou
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 MSI B350M Mortar Arctic RX Vega 64 G.Skill TridentZ  
Hard DriveHard DriveOSPower
Samsung EVO 960 Consatellation Windows 10 Pro Corsair HX 1050 
Case
Raijintek Aeneas White Window 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Core i5-661 GA-H55-USB3 12GB DDR3 1333 WD Caviar Black AALS 640GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Caviar Green EARS 2TB Vertex Turbo 60GB (SSD) Samsung Blu-ray, Samsung DVD Burner H50 (With push/pull nocturas) 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Professional 64 LG 47inch LED LCD Saitek Eclipse Lite-touch Wireless Seasonic X750 Gold 
CaseAudio
CM690 II Passive bookshelfspeakers + amp. 
  hide details  
Reply
post #77 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero4549 View Post

There's nothing elitist about common sense. If you lived in Hawaii you wouldn't rent a snow mobile, why would you use digital download distribution services when you have poor internet? It would be faster, and possibly even cheaper, to just drive to gamestop/ebgames/bestbuy/etc.

Stop complaining, start doing.

And before you start, if your argument is that you want to use steam anyway because it's more convenient and even on your dinosaur internet you can still download your games overnight while sleeping, then what the hell are you complaining about?

Even better, they can still buy quite a few games and install from a physical medium. It'll have to update, though that should hasten the time and amount of data. =S Me thinks that would be logical.
Current Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8350 4.6GHz@1.44v GA-990FXA-UD3 R4.0 HD 7950 (1100/1450) 8G Muskin DDR3 1866@8CLS 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1TB WD LiteOn DVD-RW DL Linux/Windows 19" Phillips TV 1080p 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
OCZ 600W Generic Junk Logitech MX400 Generic Junk 
Audio
SBL 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
Current Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8350 4.6GHz@1.44v GA-990FXA-UD3 R4.0 HD 7950 (1100/1450) 8G Muskin DDR3 1866@8CLS 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1TB WD LiteOn DVD-RW DL Linux/Windows 19" Phillips TV 1080p 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
OCZ 600W Generic Junk Logitech MX400 Generic Junk 
Audio
SBL 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #78 of 85
Woah woah, did I hear correctly that Amazon pulled the product off their sales line because of this? That....is awesome! When does that ever happen...

Just thought of something else concerning "ownership", I don't want Diablo3 anymore, I wasn't impressed. I want to sell it. Is that...possible? It's tied to an account that holds my other games like SC2, WoW, etc...I can't sell this game I own can I?
Phoenix
(17 items)
 
Lucent Dreams
(19 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3770k Stock Clocks Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz 9-9-9-24 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
128GB Crucial M4 1TB WD Black 1TB WD Black ASUS 24X DVD Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Dell UltraSharp U2312HM Still Deciding 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
SeaSonic SS-660XP NZXT Source 210 Black Razer Imperator 2012 Custom Logo 
AudioOtherOther
None AFT PRO-57U All-in-one USB 3.0 5.25" Media Card... Thermaltake ST0026Z Max 5 Duo SATA HDD Rack 
  hide details  
Reply
Phoenix
(17 items)
 
Lucent Dreams
(19 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3770k Stock Clocks Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz 9-9-9-24 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
128GB Crucial M4 1TB WD Black 1TB WD Black ASUS 24X DVD Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Dell UltraSharp U2312HM Still Deciding 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
SeaSonic SS-660XP NZXT Source 210 Black Razer Imperator 2012 Custom Logo 
AudioOtherOther
None AFT PRO-57U All-in-one USB 3.0 5.25" Media Card... Thermaltake ST0026Z Max 5 Duo SATA HDD Rack 
  hide details  
Reply
post #79 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by LtStinger View Post

Woah woah, did I hear correctly that Amazon pulled the product off their sales line because of this? That....is awesome! When does that ever happen...

Just thought of something else concerning "ownership", I don't want Diablo3 anymore, I wasn't impressed. I want to sell it. Is that...possible? It's tied to an account that holds my other games like SC2, WoW, etc...I can't sell this game I own can I?

nope it's tied to the dvd key which is a 1 time use,

Amazon only took the download version off not the boxed game
swimming haf-x
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500k 4.7 1.37 v asus p8p67 deluxe vtx3d black HD 7870 kiningston hyper x 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
hitachi xspc raystorm phobya 360 Ek-vga Bridge edition  windows 7 ultimate 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
aoc 23.5" mushkin joules 800w coolermaster HaF-X gigabyte 
  hide details  
Reply
swimming haf-x
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500k 4.7 1.37 v asus p8p67 deluxe vtx3d black HD 7870 kiningston hyper x 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
hitachi xspc raystorm phobya 360 Ek-vga Bridge edition  windows 7 ultimate 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
aoc 23.5" mushkin joules 800w coolermaster HaF-X gigabyte 
  hide details  
Reply
post #80 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by LtStinger View Post

Woah woah, did I hear correctly that Amazon pulled the product off their sales line because of this? That....is awesome! When does that ever happen...

Just thought of something else concerning "ownership", I don't want Diablo3 anymore, I wasn't impressed. I want to sell it. Is that...possible? It's tied to an account that holds my other games like SC2, WoW, etc...I can't sell this game I own can I?

You can take your power back and yes you can resell the game.

Just create a new email account, also a new account with Steam linked to that e-mail. Once you play the game and want to sell, you sell that account with the sole game in it.
 
BitoHeaven
(16 items)
 
Cigar ATX PC
(14 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 4770k @ 4.5GHz Asus Maximus VI Gene Gigabyte R9 290 @ 1160MHz/1350MHz Gigabyte R9 290 @ 1160MHz/1350MHz 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
G.Skill Trident X 2X8GB DDR3 2400MHz Samsung 840 PRO 256GB  Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 3TB SATA III 6Gb/s 64... Pioneer Blu-ray Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Liquid Single Loop Triple Radiators Win 7 SP1 Professional x64bit  Nixeus EDG 27" IPS 1440p 144Hz 4ms FreeSync (30... Samsung SynchMaster 24" TN 1200p 60Hz 5ms TFT-L... 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 EVGA SuperNOVA G2 1300w 80+ Gold Fully Modular  Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 Microsoft Sidewinder X5 
Mouse PadAudio
Allsop Redmond Mouse Pad Cambridge Soundworks 5.1 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-3570K @ 4.6GHz ASRock Z77E-ITX mITX  Sapphire HD 7990 @ 1090MHz/1600MHz G.SKILL Ripjaws 2X4GB DDR3-1600 @ 1866MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial SSD 128GB mSATA SATA III 6GB  Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB SATA II 32MB 7200RPM LG DVD R/W SATA with LightScribe Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H100 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 Professional x64bit Samsung 52" 1080p 60Hz LCD Logitech Wireless K330 Corsair AX850 Gold Fully Modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
BitFenix Prodigy Mini-ATX Black  Logitech Wireless M215 Corsair Vengeance MM200 Yamaha RX-V681 & PSB/Polk Audio 5.1 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon II X4 640 ASRock N68C-GS NVIDIA 6600GT G. Skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD Caviar Blue 500GB 16MB Cache 7200RPM LG Optical Drive Thermaltake Max Orb Windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Viewsonic 19” Flatscreen CRT Gigabyte GK-K6800 103  Thermaltake TR2 600W Cigar Boxes 
MouseMouse Pad
Zalman ZM-M300 Corsair Vengeance MM200 
  hide details  
Reply
 
BitoHeaven
(16 items)
 
Cigar ATX PC
(14 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 4770k @ 4.5GHz Asus Maximus VI Gene Gigabyte R9 290 @ 1160MHz/1350MHz Gigabyte R9 290 @ 1160MHz/1350MHz 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
G.Skill Trident X 2X8GB DDR3 2400MHz Samsung 840 PRO 256GB  Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 3TB SATA III 6Gb/s 64... Pioneer Blu-ray Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Liquid Single Loop Triple Radiators Win 7 SP1 Professional x64bit  Nixeus EDG 27" IPS 1440p 144Hz 4ms FreeSync (30... Samsung SynchMaster 24" TN 1200p 60Hz 5ms TFT-L... 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 EVGA SuperNOVA G2 1300w 80+ Gold Fully Modular  Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 Microsoft Sidewinder X5 
Mouse PadAudio
Allsop Redmond Mouse Pad Cambridge Soundworks 5.1 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-3570K @ 4.6GHz ASRock Z77E-ITX mITX  Sapphire HD 7990 @ 1090MHz/1600MHz G.SKILL Ripjaws 2X4GB DDR3-1600 @ 1866MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial SSD 128GB mSATA SATA III 6GB  Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB SATA II 32MB 7200RPM LG DVD R/W SATA with LightScribe Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H100 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 Professional x64bit Samsung 52" 1080p 60Hz LCD Logitech Wireless K330 Corsair AX850 Gold Fully Modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
BitFenix Prodigy Mini-ATX Black  Logitech Wireless M215 Corsair Vengeance MM200 Yamaha RX-V681 & PSB/Polk Audio 5.1 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon II X4 640 ASRock N68C-GS NVIDIA 6600GT G. Skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD Caviar Blue 500GB 16MB Cache 7200RPM LG Optical Drive Thermaltake Max Orb Windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Viewsonic 19” Flatscreen CRT Gigabyte GK-K6800 103  Thermaltake TR2 600W Cigar Boxes 
MouseMouse Pad
Zalman ZM-M300 Corsair Vengeance MM200 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Forbes] SimCity Meltdown: What Always-Online Says About Game Ownership In The Digital Age