Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel - General › Advise me on 3770K+Titan build
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Advise me on 3770K+Titan build - Page 2

post #11 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahnafakeef View Post

Is there any benefit in gaming with higher clocked RAM? Won't the increased latency with the increased speeds be a drawback?
Thanks for the SSD and cooler suggestions, I'll look into them.
Thanks for the replies guys! smile.gif

There is always debates about tighter timings vs higher frequencies, botton line is, a 2133mhz ram will allow you to test both 1600 mhz with tighter timings and 2133 without having to mess around with manual timings, if the price difference is small, go for the 2133 mhz and test it to your heart's desire. Granted most memory OC's are going to yield results in benchmarks but not so much in real life improvements.

And as far as cooling goes, giving your supply limitations you should start considering the corsair hydro series, especially the 80i and 100i, I have a regular H80 and I'm pretty pleased with it.
Warchief
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k @4.5 ghz - 1.280v Asus Sabertooth X79 EVGA GTX 980 ACX 2.0 Corsair Vengeance 16gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 128GB Seagate 31000528AS 1tb LG DVDRW Corsair H80 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Pro Dell S2340L 23" Corsair K50 Sentey Golden Steel Power 850W 
CaseMouse
Corsair Carbide 500R Corsair M95 
  hide details  
Reply
Warchief
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k @4.5 ghz - 1.280v Asus Sabertooth X79 EVGA GTX 980 ACX 2.0 Corsair Vengeance 16gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 128GB Seagate 31000528AS 1tb LG DVDRW Corsair H80 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Pro Dell S2340L 23" Corsair K50 Sentey Golden Steel Power 850W 
CaseMouse
Corsair Carbide 500R Corsair M95 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 66
Do you really need 16GB? No, but in two years, you will be glad you got it. And FYI, ram is so cheap these days that it IS worth it. 50$ for double the ram Yes plz.

Go with the seasonic power supply. They are just about the only PSU's with top notch performance, reliability and noise levels. Noise is very important, and you don't want a cheap psu that is going to kill your gpu.

As far as SSD's go, you have 3 choices. OCZ Vector (speed), Samsung 840 (Speed), or, an Intel SSD (80% speed, 4x the reliability). Personally I would go with a 120GB Vector, but in my recent server build I did buy intel for reliability.

As far as cooling goes, get a noctua or a thermalright. A good cooler will reduce noise and help with performance. Make sure it will fit. At this price I wouldn't go with a cheap liquid cooler as it wouldn't give you enough performance gain to justify the added pump noise.

TIM, coolaboratory liquid metal ultra.

This being said, the SSD is the most important component here. If you heed any of my advice, just make sure you get an SSD.
Nightfire
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 3770k @ 4.6ghz @ 1.31v - LOAD: 57deg C ASUS Maximus V Z77 4 x 7750 Passive (up to 12 monitors) 32gb G-Skill Ripjaws X 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
2 x OCZ Revodrive Raid1 2 x Samsung 840 Evo Raid1 4 x 3TB Seagate Raid1 Gel Mount D5 w/ Koolance Top on controller, Pas... 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8 & (OSX VMware) 2 x Yamakasi Catleap + 2 x Dell U2312 Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Corsair AX850 (Wish it was a Seasonic) 
CaseAudio
Silvestone RV-02 Cambridge Audio DAC 
  hide details  
Reply
Nightfire
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 3770k @ 4.6ghz @ 1.31v - LOAD: 57deg C ASUS Maximus V Z77 4 x 7750 Passive (up to 12 monitors) 32gb G-Skill Ripjaws X 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
2 x OCZ Revodrive Raid1 2 x Samsung 840 Evo Raid1 4 x 3TB Seagate Raid1 Gel Mount D5 w/ Koolance Top on controller, Pas... 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8 & (OSX VMware) 2 x Yamakasi Catleap + 2 x Dell U2312 Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Corsair AX850 (Wish it was a Seasonic) 
CaseAudio
Silvestone RV-02 Cambridge Audio DAC 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahnafakeef View Post

I want to avoid SLI as long as possible. Titan kind of gives me that option although at a premium pricing.

Frio better than 212+? really? I've always seen people suggest either a 212+ or NH-D14, but never a frio. Most people on these forums despise TT as far as I have seen.

Which one's from Crucial would you recommend? I was thinking of getting a 64GB for boot drive and a 128GB for games.

Thanks again! smile.gif

I'm not the best person to advice on SSD's but I would get the Crucial 128GB v4 as a boot drive and a WB CaviarBlack 1TB HDD as extra storage. Going with two SSD's especially small ones is just more trouble then its worth.

The reason people so often mention the 212+ is not because its performance is especially good but because its cheap. The reason people so often mention the NH-D14 is because it used to be the best cooler around, though thats old information as now the best air coolers is the Sliver arrow SB-E extreme. The reason the Frio is not mentioned to often is that its that its not quite as good as the top of the line coolers. Its price and cooling performance is about the same as a NH-D14 but its quite a bit louder. So its basically a mater of why would you get a Frio when you can get a NH-D14. But make no mistake the Frio is still much better then the hyper 212+.
Edited by Bit_reaper - 3/11/13 at 5:33am
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 OC 4.0 GHz 1.35v HT on Asus P6T 1366 SLI Gigabyte GTX 970 OCZ 12GB DDR3 GOLD/Platinum mix 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB Western digital 300GB Western digital Caviar Blue 1TB Samsung 840 EVO 250Gb 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
generic LG DVD WC'd , Supreme LT, NexXxoS Xtreme III 360, Phob... Windows 7 x64 Samsung 27" LED S27A550B 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
ACER 23" x233H Dell U3415W Logitech G11 Chieftec 850W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks enthoo luxe Razer deathAdder respawn steelseries Qck Yamaha HTR-6130 AV Receiver 
AudioAudio
Yamaha NS-50B floor tower speakers miditech Audiolink II stereo sound card 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 OC 4.0 GHz 1.35v HT on Asus P6T 1366 SLI Gigabyte GTX 970 OCZ 12GB DDR3 GOLD/Platinum mix 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB Western digital 300GB Western digital Caviar Blue 1TB Samsung 840 EVO 250Gb 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
generic LG DVD WC'd , Supreme LT, NexXxoS Xtreme III 360, Phob... Windows 7 x64 Samsung 27" LED S27A550B 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
ACER 23" x233H Dell U3415W Logitech G11 Chieftec 850W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks enthoo luxe Razer deathAdder respawn steelseries Qck Yamaha HTR-6130 AV Receiver 
AudioAudio
Yamaha NS-50B floor tower speakers miditech Audiolink II stereo sound card 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 66
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMHernandez View Post

There is always debates about tighter timings vs higher frequencies, botton line is, a 2133mhz ram will allow you to test both 1600 mhz with tighter timings and 2133 without having to mess around with manual timings, if the price difference is small, go for the 2133 mhz and test it to your heart's desire. Granted most memory OC's are going to yield results in benchmarks but not so much in real life improvements.

And as far as cooling goes, giving your supply limitations you should start considering the corsair hydro series, especially the 80i and 100i, I have a regular H80 and I'm pretty pleased with it.

I'll see if the prices for the higher frequency RAM are convenient for me.
Limitations are there on the models too. According to the store's website, they only have the regular H60 and H100. Don't think they have any i versions. Will have to call them up and check.

Thanks! smile.gif
3770K | Titan
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7-3770K ASUS Maximus V Formula Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan X Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan X 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Force GT 120GB Western Digital Caviar Green 2TB Hitachi 2TB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB Western Digital Caviar Green 3TB Western Digital Caviar Green 4TB CM Hyper 212 EVO w/ Corsair SP120s in P/P 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit Benq BL3201PT Corsair Vengeance K95 Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 1000W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Graphite Series 600T Special Edition Steelseries Rival Gigabyte Ghost Series MP8000 Schiit Gungnir 
AudioAudio
STAX SRM-323S STAX SR-009 
  hide details  
Reply
3770K | Titan
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7-3770K ASUS Maximus V Formula Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan X Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan X 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Force GT 120GB Western Digital Caviar Green 2TB Hitachi 2TB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB Western Digital Caviar Green 3TB Western Digital Caviar Green 4TB CM Hyper 212 EVO w/ Corsair SP120s in P/P 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit Benq BL3201PT Corsair Vengeance K95 Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 1000W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Graphite Series 600T Special Edition Steelseries Rival Gigabyte Ghost Series MP8000 Schiit Gungnir 
AudioAudio
STAX SRM-323S STAX SR-009 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 66
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FEAST View Post

Do you really need 16GB? No, but in two years, you will be glad you got it. And FYI, ram is so cheap these days that it IS worth it. 50$ for double the ram Yes plz.

Go with the seasonic power supply. They are just about the only PSU's with top notch performance, reliability and noise levels. Noise is very important, and you don't want a cheap psu that is going to kill your gpu.

As far as SSD's go, you have 3 choices. OCZ Vector (speed), Samsung 840 (Speed), or, an Intel SSD (80% speed, 4x the reliability). Personally I would go with a 120GB Vector, but in my recent server build I did buy intel for reliability.

As far as cooling goes, get a noctua or a thermalright. A good cooler will reduce noise and help with performance. Make sure it will fit. At this price I wouldn't go with a cheap liquid cooler as it wouldn't give you enough performance gain to justify the added pump noise.

TIM, coolaboratory liquid metal ultra.

This being said, the SSD is the most important component here. If you heed any of my advice, just make sure you get an SSD.

So within two years games will start to require/use 16GB of RAM?
Don't have seasonic in the local market. Only some TTs and the GS800 from corsair.
I was thinking of the Samsung. It looks good! Intel is too expensive.
Limited options with coolers as well, only CM and TT products in the local market, and corsair H100 and H60.
Won't the TIM that comes with the cooler be enough?
Yes I know that SSDs are really important and I'm trying heart and soul to find that perfect SSD for my system. How are Transcend SSDs btw?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bit_reaper View Post

I'm not the best person to advice on SSD's but I would get the Crucial 128GB v4 as a boot drive and a WB CaviarBlack 1TB HDD as extra storage. Going with two SSD's especially small ones is just more trouble then its worth.

The reason people so often mention the 212+ is not because its performance is especially good but because its cheap. The reason people so often mention the NH-D14 is because it used to be the best cooler around, though thats old information as now the best air coolers is the Sliver arrow SB-E extreme. The reason the Frio is not mentioned to often is that its that its not quite as good as the top of the line coolers. Its price and cooling performance is about the same as a NH-D14 but its quite a bit louder. So its basically a mater of why would you get a Frio when you can get a NH-D14. But make no mistake the Frio is still much better then the hyper 212+.

I won't be keeping any games in the boot drive. That being said, wont 128GB be a waste for just a boot drive? Although if I want Samsung, I dont see any other option as they dont have 64 GB pro versions out yet.

Too bad I cant get the cooler from abroad due to luggage weight problems.
Edited by ahnafakeef - 3/11/13 at 5:44am
3770K | Titan
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7-3770K ASUS Maximus V Formula Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan X Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan X 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Force GT 120GB Western Digital Caviar Green 2TB Hitachi 2TB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB Western Digital Caviar Green 3TB Western Digital Caviar Green 4TB CM Hyper 212 EVO w/ Corsair SP120s in P/P 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit Benq BL3201PT Corsair Vengeance K95 Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 1000W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Graphite Series 600T Special Edition Steelseries Rival Gigabyte Ghost Series MP8000 Schiit Gungnir 
AudioAudio
STAX SRM-323S STAX SR-009 
  hide details  
Reply
3770K | Titan
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7-3770K ASUS Maximus V Formula Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan X Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan X 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Force GT 120GB Western Digital Caviar Green 2TB Hitachi 2TB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB Western Digital Caviar Green 3TB Western Digital Caviar Green 4TB CM Hyper 212 EVO w/ Corsair SP120s in P/P 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit Benq BL3201PT Corsair Vengeance K95 Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 1000W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Graphite Series 600T Special Edition Steelseries Rival Gigabyte Ghost Series MP8000 Schiit Gungnir 
AudioAudio
STAX SRM-323S STAX SR-009 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 66
Don't bother with high frequency ram. Almost no performance gain - and the price is considerably higher. And it's not that games that will require 16GB - it's that software might require 9GB. Consider that you have very fast tech here and that you will find yourself running far more applications/tabs than normal. I am at 5GB of ram usage just sitting here typing this with 8 (non-video) tabs open + background apps. It is very, very nice to not have to close one application to run another one. In fact, with 16BG of ram I NEVER have to worry about having too much stuff open and it is much better that way - when you feel like your computer is not limiting you. And for 50$ it's a no brainier. Of course I don't want you to spend what you don't have but I guess it depends on how much day-today apllication use you will be using your computer for.

Also, a better TIM will get you maybe 4 deg C. You decide.

Also, the other dude is right, Thermal right silver arrow (newest version) is the best.
Nightfire
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 3770k @ 4.6ghz @ 1.31v - LOAD: 57deg C ASUS Maximus V Z77 4 x 7750 Passive (up to 12 monitors) 32gb G-Skill Ripjaws X 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
2 x OCZ Revodrive Raid1 2 x Samsung 840 Evo Raid1 4 x 3TB Seagate Raid1 Gel Mount D5 w/ Koolance Top on controller, Pas... 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8 & (OSX VMware) 2 x Yamakasi Catleap + 2 x Dell U2312 Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Corsair AX850 (Wish it was a Seasonic) 
CaseAudio
Silvestone RV-02 Cambridge Audio DAC 
  hide details  
Reply
Nightfire
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 3770k @ 4.6ghz @ 1.31v - LOAD: 57deg C ASUS Maximus V Z77 4 x 7750 Passive (up to 12 monitors) 32gb G-Skill Ripjaws X 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
2 x OCZ Revodrive Raid1 2 x Samsung 840 Evo Raid1 4 x 3TB Seagate Raid1 Gel Mount D5 w/ Koolance Top on controller, Pas... 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8 & (OSX VMware) 2 x Yamakasi Catleap + 2 x Dell U2312 Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Corsair AX850 (Wish it was a Seasonic) 
CaseAudio
Silvestone RV-02 Cambridge Audio DAC 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17 of 66
Sata II = 300MB/s
Sata III = 600MB/s

Any hard disk = 120MB/s
SSD's = 550MB/s

Don't buy a WD caviar black. You pay extra for Sata III when a regular hard drive cant saturate sata II. One of the hard drive pro's around here recently mentioned that the samsung spinpoints are cheaper for the same performance and have better seek performance times. You might want to check toms hardware as far as noise is concerned.

Also, the crucial drives are budget drives. Go with the samsung...
Nightfire
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 3770k @ 4.6ghz @ 1.31v - LOAD: 57deg C ASUS Maximus V Z77 4 x 7750 Passive (up to 12 monitors) 32gb G-Skill Ripjaws X 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
2 x OCZ Revodrive Raid1 2 x Samsung 840 Evo Raid1 4 x 3TB Seagate Raid1 Gel Mount D5 w/ Koolance Top on controller, Pas... 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8 & (OSX VMware) 2 x Yamakasi Catleap + 2 x Dell U2312 Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Corsair AX850 (Wish it was a Seasonic) 
CaseAudio
Silvestone RV-02 Cambridge Audio DAC 
  hide details  
Reply
Nightfire
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 3770k @ 4.6ghz @ 1.31v - LOAD: 57deg C ASUS Maximus V Z77 4 x 7750 Passive (up to 12 monitors) 32gb G-Skill Ripjaws X 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
2 x OCZ Revodrive Raid1 2 x Samsung 840 Evo Raid1 4 x 3TB Seagate Raid1 Gel Mount D5 w/ Koolance Top on controller, Pas... 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8 & (OSX VMware) 2 x Yamakasi Catleap + 2 x Dell U2312 Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Corsair AX850 (Wish it was a Seasonic) 
CaseAudio
Silvestone RV-02 Cambridge Audio DAC 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahnafakeef View Post

So within two years games will start to require/use 16GB of RAM?
Don't have seasonic in the local market. Only some TTs and the GS800 from corsair.
I was thinking of the Samsung. It looks good! Intel is too expensive.
Limited options with coolers as well, only CM and TT products in the local market, and corsair H100 and H60.
Won't the TIM that comes with the cooler be enough?
Yes I know that SSDs are really important and I'm trying heart and soul to find that perfect SSD for my system. How are Transcend SSDs btw?
I won't be keeping any games in the boot drive. That being said, wont 128GB be a waste for just a boot drive? Although if I want Samsung, I dont see any other option as they dont have 64 GB pro versions out yet.

Too bad I cant get the cooler from abroad due to luggage weight problems.

That depends on how many and what software you intend to install. Like I said 60GB will run out real quick. Windows 7 alone suck up around 15-20GB just for an clean install. Hibernation files will take 5-10GB (can be removed if you don't hibernation) then there is the run of the mill temp folder that fills up with all sorts of crap during normal usage. Even when regulatory cleaned you still need to accept that it takes up a few GB on average. Then there is the page file that you probably wan to keep at the very least a few GB for (personally I have 10GB though that's a bit much).

You can probably see where I'm going with this. Even if its a "only" a boot drive you are looking at over 30GB for just normal operations. Throw a few bigger programs in the mix and you are starting to run out off space. So if you ask me No a 128GB SSD is not a waste for just a boot drive.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 OC 4.0 GHz 1.35v HT on Asus P6T 1366 SLI Gigabyte GTX 970 OCZ 12GB DDR3 GOLD/Platinum mix 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB Western digital 300GB Western digital Caviar Blue 1TB Samsung 840 EVO 250Gb 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
generic LG DVD WC'd , Supreme LT, NexXxoS Xtreme III 360, Phob... Windows 7 x64 Samsung 27" LED S27A550B 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
ACER 23" x233H Dell U3415W Logitech G11 Chieftec 850W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks enthoo luxe Razer deathAdder respawn steelseries Qck Yamaha HTR-6130 AV Receiver 
AudioAudio
Yamaha NS-50B floor tower speakers miditech Audiolink II stereo sound card 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 OC 4.0 GHz 1.35v HT on Asus P6T 1366 SLI Gigabyte GTX 970 OCZ 12GB DDR3 GOLD/Platinum mix 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB Western digital 300GB Western digital Caviar Blue 1TB Samsung 840 EVO 250Gb 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
generic LG DVD WC'd , Supreme LT, NexXxoS Xtreme III 360, Phob... Windows 7 x64 Samsung 27" LED S27A550B 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
ACER 23" x233H Dell U3415W Logitech G11 Chieftec 850W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks enthoo luxe Razer deathAdder respawn steelseries Qck Yamaha HTR-6130 AV Receiver 
AudioAudio
Yamaha NS-50B floor tower speakers miditech Audiolink II stereo sound card 
  hide details  
Reply
post #19 of 66
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FEAST View Post

Don't bother with high frequency ram. Almost no performance gain - and the price is considerably higher. And it's not that games that will require 16GB - it's that software might require 9GB. Consider that you have very fast tech here and that you will find yourself running far more applications/tabs than normal. I am at 5GB of ram usage just sitting here typing this with 8 (non-video) tabs open + background apps. It is very, very nice to not have to close one application to run another one. In fact, with 16BG of ram I NEVER have to worry about having too much stuff open and it is much better that way - when you feel like your computer is not limiting you. And for 50$ it's a no brainier. Of course I don't want you to spend what you don't have but I guess it depends on how much day-today apllication use you will be using your computer for.

Also, a better TIM will get you maybe 4 deg C. You decide.

Also, the other dude is right, Thermal right silver arrow (newest version) is the best.
I never keep a browser open and play a game at the same time. So it shouldnt be a problem. Also, I will have my current RAM as spare then. If needed I can just plug them in.
3770K | Titan
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7-3770K ASUS Maximus V Formula Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan X Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan X 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Force GT 120GB Western Digital Caviar Green 2TB Hitachi 2TB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB Western Digital Caviar Green 3TB Western Digital Caviar Green 4TB CM Hyper 212 EVO w/ Corsair SP120s in P/P 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit Benq BL3201PT Corsair Vengeance K95 Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 1000W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Graphite Series 600T Special Edition Steelseries Rival Gigabyte Ghost Series MP8000 Schiit Gungnir 
AudioAudio
STAX SRM-323S STAX SR-009 
  hide details  
Reply
3770K | Titan
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7-3770K ASUS Maximus V Formula Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan X Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan X 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Force GT 120GB Western Digital Caviar Green 2TB Hitachi 2TB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB Western Digital Caviar Green 3TB Western Digital Caviar Green 4TB CM Hyper 212 EVO w/ Corsair SP120s in P/P 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit Benq BL3201PT Corsair Vengeance K95 Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 1000W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Graphite Series 600T Special Edition Steelseries Rival Gigabyte Ghost Series MP8000 Schiit Gungnir 
AudioAudio
STAX SRM-323S STAX SR-009 
  hide details  
Reply
post #20 of 66
Thread Starter 
I'm not getting any HDDs since I already have 4TB of it. (2TB +2TB)

About SSDs:
I never use up my current C drive which is 63GB, unless I have downloaded too many videos and it got dumped in there. This is why I'm questioning the need for a 128GB drive.

Also, is it okay to make two partitions in an SSD and use one for gaming and one for the boot drive?

I was hoping to use an SSD for gaming since I've heard that they boost performance somewhat and decrease loading times.
3770K | Titan
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7-3770K ASUS Maximus V Formula Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan X Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan X 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Force GT 120GB Western Digital Caviar Green 2TB Hitachi 2TB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB Western Digital Caviar Green 3TB Western Digital Caviar Green 4TB CM Hyper 212 EVO w/ Corsair SP120s in P/P 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit Benq BL3201PT Corsair Vengeance K95 Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 1000W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Graphite Series 600T Special Edition Steelseries Rival Gigabyte Ghost Series MP8000 Schiit Gungnir 
AudioAudio
STAX SRM-323S STAX SR-009 
  hide details  
Reply
3770K | Titan
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7-3770K ASUS Maximus V Formula Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan X Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan X 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Force GT 120GB Western Digital Caviar Green 2TB Hitachi 2TB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB Western Digital Caviar Green 3TB Western Digital Caviar Green 4TB CM Hyper 212 EVO w/ Corsair SP120s in P/P 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit Benq BL3201PT Corsair Vengeance K95 Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 1000W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Graphite Series 600T Special Edition Steelseries Rival Gigabyte Ghost Series MP8000 Schiit Gungnir 
AudioAudio
STAX SRM-323S STAX SR-009 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel - General
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel - General › Advise me on 3770K+Titan build