Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel - General › Advise me on 3770K+Titan build
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Advise me on 3770K+Titan build - Page 5

post #41 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahnafakeef View Post

I'm sorry but I read your post earlier (phone's mail app saved it for me). What was the mistake in your calculation/explanation?
my mistake was looking at the wrong benchmark in this graph:


instead of the performance difference of 49% (42/80) it is 70% (42/60) between FXAA and 8xMSAA @ vhigh settings.

so my point of saying that the decrease in performace would be a gpu bottleneck before any Vram issue was not entirely correct.

the 690 would get ~54 fps but the increase in vram usage for 8xMSAA would cause a problem since it goes over 2Gbs.


however, a gpu bottleneck would start for any single gpu card regardless of vram amount besides the titan; which would be 43 fps (62*.7) with 42ish being the lowest acceptable frame rate for a FPS game.

meh . . i guess i still sorta had a point that the 2gbs+ usage of vram is a nonfactor because no other single card can handle 8xMSAA.
Edited by looniam - 3/12/13 at 7:37am
loon 3.2
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770K Asus P8Z77-V Pro EVGA 980TI SC+ 16Gb PNY ddr3 1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
PNY 1311 240Gb 1 TB Seagate 3 TB WD Blue DVD DVDRW+/- 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EKWB P280 kit EK-VGA supremacy Win X LG 24MC57HQ-P 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Zero [blues] EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 Stryker M [hammered and drilled] corsair M65 
AudioAudio
SB Recon3D Klipsch ProMedia 2.1  
  hide details  
Reply
loon 3.2
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770K Asus P8Z77-V Pro EVGA 980TI SC+ 16Gb PNY ddr3 1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
PNY 1311 240Gb 1 TB Seagate 3 TB WD Blue DVD DVDRW+/- 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EKWB P280 kit EK-VGA supremacy Win X LG 24MC57HQ-P 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Zero [blues] EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 Stryker M [hammered and drilled] corsair M65 
AudioAudio
SB Recon3D Klipsch ProMedia 2.1  
  hide details  
Reply
post #42 of 66
I think 3930K + Asrock Extreme 9 X79 + Titan will be better
post #43 of 66
I I were you and spending around 1000 for a graphics card I would get a 7990 or a 690 first... Or even the Sapphire 7970 ghz edition with 6gb of vram.

Tappin' from my Galaxy S3
post #44 of 66
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bit_reaper View Post

There are "ports" and then there are multi platform games. Strait ports like DarkSouls aren't hardware intensive enough to cause a problem and multi platform games can be very well made with excellent scaling like Max Payne 3, BF3, Crysis 2/3 ect.

Even if a game came out that could use more then the 2GB its not like a 2GB will turn worthless. Its just that you will have to pick and choice what graphics settings to use. Textures are the thing that by far take up the most vram, then resolution and AA . So if a vram hungry game did come out you might not be able to use the highest texture settings and 4x SSAA at the same time so you would have to either use a lower texture resolution or drop down to 2x SSAA to conserve vram for example. Even so I find it highly doubt full that we will see anything more vram hungry then Crysis 3 this year.

Something like Witcher 3 might be a candidate to use more vram but honestly there is no way of knowing. Even if we assume that Witcher 3 would use more then 2GB at max settings there is no guarantee that a Titan even has enough GPU grunt to run said max settings with acceptable FPS. Nothing's ever future proof as there is no way of knowing what the future holds. Best we can do is an educated guess.

I think the down sides of multi GPUs have been pretty much covered. They draw more power, the make more noise and heat, you don't always get good scaling and sometimes in a blue moon you run into microstutter or graphical glitches. Often the problems get fixed with patches and driver updates.

Two 7970 Ghz cards would be the best value for money.
Then the GTX 690 2GB effective
The GTX 680 4GB are pretty expensive so if you do get two of them you are paying extra for the same performance as a GTX690 hoping that the extra 2GB will make a difference in the future which it may or may not do.

Like I have said the 2GB is a limitation but not a big one. With radeons you get more for less money and don't need to worry about vram.

As for the performance of the GTX780? Nobody knows yet. Its all speculation at this point. Most people seam to think they wont be much if any faster the a titan but a good deal cheaper.

I don't like dropping texture settings or resolution. and more so when I'm spending so much money. I generally reduce AA to FXAA/TXAA when available or to 4x MSAA with my 660Ti. Is it going to be sufficient to just drop AA to keep within the VRAM limit?

Speaking of VRAM issues, how would you condole 590 users who have to lower settings just because of VRAM? They never saw that coming did they? I don't mean to sound offensive or rude, but I'd hate to see myself in that situation.

Won't play Witcher 3, and Crysis 3 will be just to enjoy the next-gen graphics. so thats all good. How much VRAM does GTA IV require? Was it too much for its time? The reason I'm asking is because GTA V is coming up and I'll definitely get it. Do you think it'll run into VRAM limitations with a 2GB card?

What clocks do 690s generally achieve through OCing?

About 780s being cheaper : performance of a next-gen card right now? no wonder its more expensive.

Thanks. Kind of starting to consider a 690 now. smile.gif
3770K | Titan
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7-3770K ASUS Maximus V Formula Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan X Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan X 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Force GT 120GB Western Digital Caviar Green 2TB Hitachi 2TB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB Western Digital Caviar Green 3TB Western Digital Caviar Green 4TB CM Hyper 212 EVO w/ Corsair SP120s in P/P 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit Benq BL3201PT Corsair Vengeance K95 Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 1000W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Graphite Series 600T Special Edition Steelseries Rival Gigabyte Ghost Series MP8000 Schiit Gungnir 
AudioAudio
STAX SRM-323S STAX SR-009 
  hide details  
Reply
3770K | Titan
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7-3770K ASUS Maximus V Formula Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan X Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan X 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Force GT 120GB Western Digital Caviar Green 2TB Hitachi 2TB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB Western Digital Caviar Green 3TB Western Digital Caviar Green 4TB CM Hyper 212 EVO w/ Corsair SP120s in P/P 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit Benq BL3201PT Corsair Vengeance K95 Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 1000W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Graphite Series 600T Special Edition Steelseries Rival Gigabyte Ghost Series MP8000 Schiit Gungnir 
AudioAudio
STAX SRM-323S STAX SR-009 
  hide details  
Reply
post #45 of 66
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by theloserracer View Post

I think 3930K + Asrock Extreme 9 X79 + Titan will be better

It'd be more expensive too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oblivious View Post

I I were you and spending around 1000 for a graphics card I would get a 7990 or a 690 first... Or even the Sapphire 7970 ghz edition with 6gb of vram.

Tappin' from my Galaxy S3

got it! thumb.gif
3770K | Titan
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7-3770K ASUS Maximus V Formula Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan X Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan X 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Force GT 120GB Western Digital Caviar Green 2TB Hitachi 2TB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB Western Digital Caviar Green 3TB Western Digital Caviar Green 4TB CM Hyper 212 EVO w/ Corsair SP120s in P/P 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit Benq BL3201PT Corsair Vengeance K95 Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 1000W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Graphite Series 600T Special Edition Steelseries Rival Gigabyte Ghost Series MP8000 Schiit Gungnir 
AudioAudio
STAX SRM-323S STAX SR-009 
  hide details  
Reply
3770K | Titan
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7-3770K ASUS Maximus V Formula Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan X Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan X 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Force GT 120GB Western Digital Caviar Green 2TB Hitachi 2TB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB Western Digital Caviar Green 3TB Western Digital Caviar Green 4TB CM Hyper 212 EVO w/ Corsair SP120s in P/P 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit Benq BL3201PT Corsair Vengeance K95 Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 1000W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Graphite Series 600T Special Edition Steelseries Rival Gigabyte Ghost Series MP8000 Schiit Gungnir 
AudioAudio
STAX SRM-323S STAX SR-009 
  hide details  
Reply
post #46 of 66
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by looniam View Post

my mistake was looking at the wrong benchmark in this graph:


instead of the performance difference of 49% (42/80) it is 70% (42/60) between FXAA and 8xMSAA @ vhigh settings.

so my point of saying that the decrease in performace would be a gpu bottleneck before any Vram issue was not entirely correct.

the 690 would get ~54 fps but the increase in vram usage for 8xMSAA would cause a problem since it goes over 2Gbs.


however, a gpu bottleneck would start for any single gpu card regardless of vram amount besides the titan; which would be 43 fps (62*.7) with 42ish being the lowest acceptable frame rate for a FPS game.

meh . . i guess i still sorta had a point that the 2gbs+ usage of vram is a nonfactor because no other single card can handle 8xMSAA.

so a single card would be lacking in raw GPU power whereas a dual-GPU card would be lacking in VRAM?

That's what I got after going through your post for several times. Please explain it to me if I got it wrong. Thanks! smile.gif
3770K | Titan
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7-3770K ASUS Maximus V Formula Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan X Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan X 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Force GT 120GB Western Digital Caviar Green 2TB Hitachi 2TB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB Western Digital Caviar Green 3TB Western Digital Caviar Green 4TB CM Hyper 212 EVO w/ Corsair SP120s in P/P 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit Benq BL3201PT Corsair Vengeance K95 Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 1000W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Graphite Series 600T Special Edition Steelseries Rival Gigabyte Ghost Series MP8000 Schiit Gungnir 
AudioAudio
STAX SRM-323S STAX SR-009 
  hide details  
Reply
3770K | Titan
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7-3770K ASUS Maximus V Formula Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan X Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan X 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Force GT 120GB Western Digital Caviar Green 2TB Hitachi 2TB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB Western Digital Caviar Green 3TB Western Digital Caviar Green 4TB CM Hyper 212 EVO w/ Corsair SP120s in P/P 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit Benq BL3201PT Corsair Vengeance K95 Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 1000W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Graphite Series 600T Special Edition Steelseries Rival Gigabyte Ghost Series MP8000 Schiit Gungnir 
AudioAudio
STAX SRM-323S STAX SR-009 
  hide details  
Reply
post #47 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahnafakeef View Post

I don't like dropping texture settings or resolution. and more so when I'm spending so much money. I generally reduce AA to FXAA/TXAA when available or to 4x MSAA with my 660Ti. Is it going to be sufficient to just drop AA to keep within the VRAM limit?

Speaking of VRAM issues, how would you condole 590 users who have to lower settings just because of VRAM? They never saw that coming did they? I don't mean to sound offensive or rude, but I'd hate to see myself in that situation.

Won't play Witcher 3, and Crysis 3 will be just to enjoy the next-gen graphics. so thats all good. How much VRAM does GTA IV require? Was it too much for its time? The reason I'm asking is because GTA V is coming up and I'll definitely get it. Do you think it'll run into VRAM limitations with a 2GB card?

What clocks do 690s generally achieve through OCing?

About 780s being cheaper : performance of a next-gen card right now? no wonder its more expensive.

Thanks. Kind of starting to consider a 690 now. smile.gif

GTX 590 users usually don't have to lower settings due to vram. Most of the time they will run out of GPU power before the run out vram. Before you really get big vram issues you get texture swapping. You know how games sometimes stop for a moment when you come in to a new area? That's old textures been removed from the vram and new ones been loaded up among other things. More vram means less need to swap things out and so you don need to stop and load as long.


Even with its limited vram the GTX 590 seams to do just fine even in vram hungry Crysis 3


If I recall correctly GTA 4 used around 1200-1300mb maxed @ 1080p. The main issue with GTA 4 was how horrible it was ported. Its vram utilization was horribly optimized as was pretty much every other part of the game as well.

As a comparison we can look at sleeping dogs (also an open world game but much better looking). Everything maxed including the high res texture pack DLC it reserves about 1100-1200mb of vram. Even a GTX690 is hard pressed to put out solid +60FPS in sleeping dogs so if that's anything to go by then 2GB should be enough for GPU grunt that's available.

Of course there is no way of knowing how much vram GTA 5 will use but if you ask me I don't think the 2GB of a GTX 690 would be a limiting factor.

But keep in mind all this talk about vram is all assuming 1080p resolution. With 1440p and surround resolutions the need for vram increases.

The GTX 690 isn't that great of a overclocker in large part due to the cooling. If you wan to overclock I would seriously advice to go with a two card solution instead of a dual GPU single card.
Edited by Bit_reaper - 3/12/13 at 10:59am
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 OC 4.0 GHz 1.35v HT on Asus P6T 1366 SLI Gigabyte GTX 970 OCZ 12GB DDR3 GOLD/Platinum mix 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB Western digital 300GB Western digital Caviar Blue 1TB Samsung 840 EVO 250Gb 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
generic LG DVD WC'd , Supreme LT, NexXxoS Xtreme III 360, Phob... Windows 7 x64 Samsung 27" LED S27A550B 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
ACER 23" x233H Dell U3415W Logitech G11 Chieftec 850W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks enthoo luxe Razer deathAdder respawn steelseries Qck Yamaha HTR-6130 AV Receiver 
AudioAudio
Yamaha NS-50B floor tower speakers miditech Audiolink II stereo sound card 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 OC 4.0 GHz 1.35v HT on Asus P6T 1366 SLI Gigabyte GTX 970 OCZ 12GB DDR3 GOLD/Platinum mix 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB Western digital 300GB Western digital Caviar Blue 1TB Samsung 840 EVO 250Gb 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
generic LG DVD WC'd , Supreme LT, NexXxoS Xtreme III 360, Phob... Windows 7 x64 Samsung 27" LED S27A550B 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
ACER 23" x233H Dell U3415W Logitech G11 Chieftec 850W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks enthoo luxe Razer deathAdder respawn steelseries Qck Yamaha HTR-6130 AV Receiver 
AudioAudio
Yamaha NS-50B floor tower speakers miditech Audiolink II stereo sound card 
  hide details  
Reply
post #48 of 66
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bit_reaper View Post

GTX 590 users usually don't have to lower settings due to vram. Most of the time they will run out of GPU power before the run out vram. Before you really get big vram issues you get texture swapping. You know how games sometimes stop for a moment when you come in to a new area? That's old textures been removed from the vram and new ones been loaded up among other things. More vram means less need to swap things out and so you don need to stop and load as long.


Even with its limited vram the GTX 590 seams to do just fine even in vram hungry Crysis 3


If I recall correctly GTA 4 used around 1200-1300mb maxed @ 1080p. The main issue with GTA 4 was how horrible it was ported. Its vram utilization was horribly optimized as was pretty much every other part of the game as well.

As a comparison we can look at sleeping dogs (also an open world game but much better looking). Everything maxed including the high res texture pack DLC it reserves about 1100-1200mb of vram. Even a GTX690 is hard pressed to put out solid +60FPS in sleeping dogs so if that's anything to go by then 2GB should be enough for GPU grunt that's available.

Of course there is no way of knowing how much vram GTA 5 will use but if you ask me I don't think the 2GB of a GTX 690 would be a limiting factor.

But keep in mind all this talk about vram is all assuming 1080p resolution. With 1440p and surround resolutions the need for vram increases.

The GTX 690 isn't that great of a overclocker in large part due to the cooling. If you wan to overclock I would seriously advice to go with a two card solution instead of a dual GPU single card.

About OCing 690 : What is the average OC achieved on a 690? Can it at least achieve 680 clocks? I would be happier with the clocks of a 680 Lightning though. I thought its cooler was something really premium, why would it be the reason for the card not to overclock?
About VRAM usage in games : Do all games these days require below 1.5GB of VRAM? or is that without applying any AA? If its not too much, could you post VRAM usage in games such Far Cry 3, Hitman : Absolution, AC3, Tomb Raider etc. and other AAA titles? It would help me to understand the situation.
About resolution : Wont be going over 1080p anytime soon. Its hard enough to get enough frames on 1080p. want to get a 120Hz monitor sometime in the future, but that too is far into the future.
About two single cards : I know that two 680 lightnings even at stock would be way better than a 690, and then there's the OCing part which would make it even better. But no, I think I'll go for the 690 if its not the Titan.

So you really think there'd be nothing to regret about if I get a 690 instead of a Titan? If any, please let me know now. (Heat and noise are a non-issue, I'll just have to deal with it)
Which brand of 690 would be the best? I know that they are all the same, but which brand provides more extra goodies in their package?

Thanks a lot! smile.gif
3770K | Titan
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7-3770K ASUS Maximus V Formula Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan X Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan X 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Force GT 120GB Western Digital Caviar Green 2TB Hitachi 2TB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB Western Digital Caviar Green 3TB Western Digital Caviar Green 4TB CM Hyper 212 EVO w/ Corsair SP120s in P/P 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit Benq BL3201PT Corsair Vengeance K95 Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 1000W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Graphite Series 600T Special Edition Steelseries Rival Gigabyte Ghost Series MP8000 Schiit Gungnir 
AudioAudio
STAX SRM-323S STAX SR-009 
  hide details  
Reply
3770K | Titan
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7-3770K ASUS Maximus V Formula Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan X Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan X 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Force GT 120GB Western Digital Caviar Green 2TB Hitachi 2TB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB Western Digital Caviar Green 3TB Western Digital Caviar Green 4TB CM Hyper 212 EVO w/ Corsair SP120s in P/P 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit Benq BL3201PT Corsair Vengeance K95 Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 1000W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Graphite Series 600T Special Edition Steelseries Rival Gigabyte Ghost Series MP8000 Schiit Gungnir 
AudioAudio
STAX SRM-323S STAX SR-009 
  hide details  
Reply
post #49 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahnafakeef View Post

so a single card would be lacking in raw GPU power whereas a dual-GPU card would be lacking in VRAM?

That's what I got after going through your post for several times. Please explain it to me if I got it wrong. Thanks! smile.gif

exactly.thumb.gif

it just seems silly to think to need more than 2Gbs for vram for a single card and also just 2gbs for a mulit card solution when looking at crysis 3 @8xMSAA. personally IMO, up until the middle of last year 1Gbs was enough to play any game, then far cry 3 came out and folks started looking at 2Gbs for maximum setings. now C3 hit the over 2 Gbs mark and folks want to scream that 2 isn't enough . . already. sorta a bit of wheee.gif

just my opinion and may have nothing to do with any factual information.biggrin.gif
loon 3.2
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770K Asus P8Z77-V Pro EVGA 980TI SC+ 16Gb PNY ddr3 1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
PNY 1311 240Gb 1 TB Seagate 3 TB WD Blue DVD DVDRW+/- 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EKWB P280 kit EK-VGA supremacy Win X LG 24MC57HQ-P 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Zero [blues] EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 Stryker M [hammered and drilled] corsair M65 
AudioAudio
SB Recon3D Klipsch ProMedia 2.1  
  hide details  
Reply
loon 3.2
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770K Asus P8Z77-V Pro EVGA 980TI SC+ 16Gb PNY ddr3 1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
PNY 1311 240Gb 1 TB Seagate 3 TB WD Blue DVD DVDRW+/- 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EKWB P280 kit EK-VGA supremacy Win X LG 24MC57HQ-P 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Zero [blues] EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 Stryker M [hammered and drilled] corsair M65 
AudioAudio
SB Recon3D Klipsch ProMedia 2.1  
  hide details  
Reply
post #50 of 66
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by looniam View Post

exactly.thumb.gif

it just seems silly to think to need more than 2Gbs for vram for a single card and also just 2gbs for a mulit card solution when looking at crysis 3 @8xMSAA. personally IMO, up until the middle of last year 1Gbs was enough to play any game, then far cry 3 came out and folks started looking at 2Gbs for maximum setings. now C3 hit the over 2 Gbs mark and folks want to scream that 2 isn't enough . . already. sorta a bit of wheee.gif

just my opinion and may have nothing to do with any factual information.biggrin.gif

So which brand of 690 would you suggest considering the stuff they include in the package the card comes in?
3770K | Titan
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7-3770K ASUS Maximus V Formula Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan X Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan X 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Force GT 120GB Western Digital Caviar Green 2TB Hitachi 2TB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB Western Digital Caviar Green 3TB Western Digital Caviar Green 4TB CM Hyper 212 EVO w/ Corsair SP120s in P/P 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit Benq BL3201PT Corsair Vengeance K95 Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 1000W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Graphite Series 600T Special Edition Steelseries Rival Gigabyte Ghost Series MP8000 Schiit Gungnir 
AudioAudio
STAX SRM-323S STAX SR-009 
  hide details  
Reply
3770K | Titan
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7-3770K ASUS Maximus V Formula Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan X Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan X 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Force GT 120GB Western Digital Caviar Green 2TB Hitachi 2TB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB Western Digital Caviar Green 3TB Western Digital Caviar Green 4TB CM Hyper 212 EVO w/ Corsair SP120s in P/P 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit Benq BL3201PT Corsair Vengeance K95 Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 1000W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Graphite Series 600T Special Edition Steelseries Rival Gigabyte Ghost Series MP8000 Schiit Gungnir 
AudioAudio
STAX SRM-323S STAX SR-009 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel - General
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel - General › Advise me on 3770K+Titan build