Trial and error. I basically repeated all the steps and when I hit the same wall I used my wife's USB and didn't have a problem. Its possible I did something wrong the first two times I tried with my USB stick but process of elimination points to the USB I was using seeing as how it worked the third time with the new stick no problem. I'm pretty inexperienced just learning as I go but thats the conclusion I came to. Currently I'm running 910/1000 hertz with nvidia inspector its given me a significant performance boost (best score on 3dmark 11 so far is 5690) its not quite hitting what's httuner achieved, but I'm still tweaking. I'm getting a lot of artifacts past that setting tho so I might have to be happy with what I've got unless I want to over volt. All in all tho impressive results I haven't done a stress test yet or any extensive (3 hour +) gaming yet but the highest temp I've seen is about 63c and I'm running witcher 2 with max everything (ubersampling enabled) and hitting between 20 and 30 fps depending on the load at any given time. Definitely worth the effort of modding this bios. This forum rocks.