Overclock.net › Forums › Mobile Computing Forum › Laptops and Netbooks › GTX 670MX Overclocking [Updated-custom BIOS file]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

GTX 670MX Overclocking [Updated-custom BIOS file] - Page 51

post #501 of 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by RypeDub View Post

You know what: this is why I hate that no one who made the overclock is helping: I'm pretty sure httuner it'll only work on .204 and not .206. Obviously it works fine for you and I guarantee that's probably what most people are using when they followed his or my guides.

I'm gonna upload a stock .204, officially update to .206 then see if it works.

If it does work after that I'll just make a new post (I will definitely give props to httuner cause he did make the clock, I'll title it recent development / updated tutorial)

Also if that does work, I'll try unlocking the BIOS again, maybe it'll work on .206.

Also, is your memory slider going to +2300 or that's a total clock?


I tried to switch back to .204 after flashing the bios with .206 and had boot issues with boot mngr problems, had to google and change some settings in the laptop bios settings. Switched back to .206 and have had to keep the same settings applied. I think that issue may be specific to me as I am not running the stock windows 8. I bought the laptop 2nd hand and I think he has installed win 8.1 with probably a hacked windows key or something. Just be careful downgrading to .204 is all I'm saying.

In regards to the overclock in msi afterburner it is just +250 on the core and it shows as 851 on the core in gpuz and +250 on memory in msi afterburner and that can go upto +1000 in msi afterburner.
I'm back baby!!!
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670k Asus sabertooth z97 mark 2 sapphire tri x r9 290 corsair ripjaws x 1600 (16gb) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
samsung evo 120gb ssd seagate 1tb hdd 1tb external hdd samsung cd drive 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
hyper 212 evo windows 7 ultimate benQ bl2710pt rapoo e9070 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair rm1000 nzxt phantom 410 Logitech G300 Razer kabuto 
AudioOther
creative gigaworks t40 series ii logitech g930 wireless headset 
  hide details  
Reply
I'm back baby!!!
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670k Asus sabertooth z97 mark 2 sapphire tri x r9 290 corsair ripjaws x 1600 (16gb) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
samsung evo 120gb ssd seagate 1tb hdd 1tb external hdd samsung cd drive 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
hyper 212 evo windows 7 ultimate benQ bl2710pt rapoo e9070 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair rm1000 nzxt phantom 410 Logitech G300 Razer kabuto 
AudioOther
creative gigaworks t40 series ii logitech g930 wireless headset 
  hide details  
Reply
post #502 of 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by mboner1 View Post

I tried to switch back to .204 after flashing the bios with .206 and had boot issues with boot mngr problems, had to google and change some settings in the laptop bios settings. Switched back to .206 and have had to keep the same settings applied. I think that issue may be specific to me as I am not running the stock windows 8. I bought the laptop 2nd hand and I think he has installed win 8.1 with probably a hacked windows key or something. Just be careful downgrading to .204 is all I'm saying.

In regards to the overclock in msi afterburner it is just +250 on the core and it shows as 851 on the core in gpuz and +250 on memory in msi afterburner and that can go up to +1000 in msi afterburner.
Well I'm on .204 gonna upgrade to .206.

I'll report back with my successes or failures.

Upgrade from MODIFIED BIOS to Stock BIOS via Stock Method using WinFlash successful.

Resetting ALL Custom Clocks in MSI Afterburner and in ThrottleStop, the gonna dump BIOS and insert custom vBIOS and flash back.

Will edit again upon successful bootup.

Flashed just an unlocked BIOS 1st using the method in the above post, didn't unlock anything. I wonder what else I need to do to enable to extra settings...

Flashing the modified BIOS with the custom vBIOS now.

Successfully flashed the modified .206 BIOS with the custom vBIOS, still no additional overclocks.

Going to reinstall all programs and restart a few times.
Edited by RypeDub - 6/1/14 at 6:04pm
post #503 of 510
LAME: I installed ASUS GPU Tweak and restarted it gave me 2 popups that were the same: BIOS load fail!
post #504 of 510
I'm going to continue posting a new thread with all the information we have so far, it's going to be a MEGA THREAD lol

I'll update ONLY THIS post with the link once I get it set up.

I will NOT be posting on this topic any more.


http://www.overclock.net/t/1493245/asus-g75vx-nvidia-gtx-670mx-how-to-unlock-system-bios-custom-vbios-for-overclocking-mega-thread
Edited by RypeDub - 6/2/14 at 10:34am
post #505 of 510
Hi guys I am a noob at laptop video card bios flashes but let me get this straight
If I dont want unlocked voltages, i follow these steps (I have an Asus g75vx with gtx 670mx)
1. Download the MSIgtx670mx bios file
2. Download the extract/backup/flash tool
3. Extract original bios, make two copes (in DOS)
4. In windows use the Windows bios tool to Merge one of my original bios's with the MSIGTX670MS bios
5. Save the merged file on the USB drive
6 Boot in DOS and Flash with the new bios
7. follow the unplug directions?

Thank you everyone
post #506 of 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by haris525 View Post

Hi guys I am a noob at laptop video card bios flashes but let me get this straight
If I dont want unlocked voltages, i follow these steps (I have an Asus g75vx with gtx 670mx)
1. Download the MSIgtx670mx bios file
2. Download the extract/backup/flash tool
3. Extract original bios, make two copes (in DOS)
4. In windows use the Windows bios tool to Merge one of my original bios's with the MSIGTX670MS bios
5. Save the merged file on the USB drive
6 Boot in DOS and Flash with the new bios
7. follow the unplug directions?

Thank you everyone

No! Dont try to use vbios from MSI if your laptop is ASUS! You can brick your laptop!
Just use vbios from ASUS G75VX(from first post of this thread). Please, read carefuly instructions in the first post of this thread. Also you can follow the good instructions from RypeDub.
post #507 of 510
Yes a few posts up I have my guides on a different topic but they aren't very organized (moving houses no time to clean them up) but I do have the full guide on how to do it also a few posts up.

I know that httuner says to flash under MS-DOS but that method doesn't always work. You can safely flash inside windows without worry. Just as soon as you enter in the flash command don't move your mouse, don't touch the keyboard and walk away. Wait till it finishes and make sure you battery has about 10 mins of life and the charger in plugged in. The process only takes about 2 - 3 minutes.


Here's the link to my thread:
http://www.overclock.net/t/1493245/asus-g75vx-nvidia-gtx-670mx-how-to-unlock-system-bios-custom-vbios-for-overclocking-mega-thread


Go to post 11 for the new 100% success method of flashing the modified bios back to your system under Windows. Make sure to follow to insert vBIOS guide (I forget if I took the guide on my thread down) on this topic that your reading now.
Edited by RypeDub - 6/12/14 at 7:33am
post #508 of 510
guys thank you Both for the fast response !! I should be getting the laptop soon and go through the posts before I do anything, Again THANK YOU BOTH smile.gif
post #509 of 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by haris525 View Post

guys thank you Both for the fast response !! I should be getting the laptop soon and go through the posts before I do anything, Again THANK YOU BOTH smile.gif
Yeah no problem man! I'm a noob too, but I'm technical so I'm not afraid to try things because I always learn about what each step in any process does so I feel more comfortable doing it.

Any guide I post I have personally tested like 20 times on my very own laptop that is my daily computer that I use for everything, I don't even have a backup if I hard brick it lol

Klem and httuner, the 2 people who have actual knowledge on these things, aren't very active and that makes me mad so I try to be as active as I can be.

I went out on the internet and learned every step, every program, every detail I could so that I could share it with everyone.

If you are unsure of a step, just post to either this forum or my thread and I'll try to clear things up for you.

When are you getting the laptop? How much did/are you paying for it? I got it for $830 after tax cause I worked at best buy and the newer model came out biggrin.gif
post #510 of 510
The fact that my laptop has a gtx 670mx makes me happy.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Laptops and Netbooks
Overclock.net › Forums › Mobile Computing Forum › Laptops and Netbooks › GTX 670MX Overclocking [Updated-custom BIOS file]