Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Builds & Case Mods › Case Mods › SSD back of motherboard mounting? Back of motherboard fan hub?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

SSD back of motherboard mounting? Back of motherboard fan hub?

post #1 of 5
Thread Starter 
I saw on some Linus You Tube overviews of some cases, that they came with each one of two things you can do: Mount SSDs directly to the case just below the motherboard cutout, and there was one that had a fan hub; that is to say a connector that you can plug up to XXX amount of fans by routing cables directly to them to the back.

Are these case specific, or do they sell them separately?

For the SSD, is it safe to mount it with adhesive velcro on top of another HDD, or absolutely not? What about on top of a optical drive, since those might run cooler in comparison to a HDD?
post #2 of 5
I mount all 5 of mine with Double sided tape.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770k 5.2ghz  GIGABYTE G1 Assassin Sniper 3 7950 with Alphacool block 7950 w/ Alphacool Block 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveCooling
7950 w/ Alphacool block G.SKILL Trident X 2500mhz 2x4gb SanDisk Extreme 240gb sata III 6gbs x5 SwiftTech Apongee Drive II 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Monsta 360 86mm thick rad X 4 MCP 35X Pump x2 400ML Frozen Q Fusion res x3 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
CatLeap 2560x1440 + Acer hn274h bmiiid 120hz 3D Logitech G19 Corsair Ax1200 watts  Mountain Mods Ascension 
MouseAudio
Logitech M570 Pioneer SP-BS21 Bookshelf Loudspeakers + Lepai Amp 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770k 5.2ghz  GIGABYTE G1 Assassin Sniper 3 7950 with Alphacool block 7950 w/ Alphacool Block 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveCooling
7950 w/ Alphacool block G.SKILL Trident X 2500mhz 2x4gb SanDisk Extreme 240gb sata III 6gbs x5 SwiftTech Apongee Drive II 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Monsta 360 86mm thick rad X 4 MCP 35X Pump x2 400ML Frozen Q Fusion res x3 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
CatLeap 2560x1440 + Acer hn274h bmiiid 120hz 3D Logitech G19 Corsair Ax1200 watts  Mountain Mods Ascension 
MouseAudio
Logitech M570 Pioneer SP-BS21 Bookshelf Loudspeakers + Lepai Amp 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 5
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokies83 View Post

I mount all 5 of mine with Double sided tape.

On the back of the case, below motherboard cutout? Will the adhesive velcro work just as well? I don't want to risk anything going wrong if it gets hot, is all.
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiracubed View Post

On the back of the case, below motherboard cutout? Will the adhesive velcro work just as well? I don't want to risk anything going wrong if it gets hot, is all.

Yes im using 20Lbs double sided tape tho you really gotta tug /wiggle and tug to get them loose no way there just gonna fall off.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770k 5.2ghz  GIGABYTE G1 Assassin Sniper 3 7950 with Alphacool block 7950 w/ Alphacool Block 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveCooling
7950 w/ Alphacool block G.SKILL Trident X 2500mhz 2x4gb SanDisk Extreme 240gb sata III 6gbs x5 SwiftTech Apongee Drive II 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Monsta 360 86mm thick rad X 4 MCP 35X Pump x2 400ML Frozen Q Fusion res x3 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
CatLeap 2560x1440 + Acer hn274h bmiiid 120hz 3D Logitech G19 Corsair Ax1200 watts  Mountain Mods Ascension 
MouseAudio
Logitech M570 Pioneer SP-BS21 Bookshelf Loudspeakers + Lepai Amp 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770k 5.2ghz  GIGABYTE G1 Assassin Sniper 3 7950 with Alphacool block 7950 w/ Alphacool Block 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveCooling
7950 w/ Alphacool block G.SKILL Trident X 2500mhz 2x4gb SanDisk Extreme 240gb sata III 6gbs x5 SwiftTech Apongee Drive II 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Monsta 360 86mm thick rad X 4 MCP 35X Pump x2 400ML Frozen Q Fusion res x3 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
CatLeap 2560x1440 + Acer hn274h bmiiid 120hz 3D Logitech G19 Corsair Ax1200 watts  Mountain Mods Ascension 
MouseAudio
Logitech M570 Pioneer SP-BS21 Bookshelf Loudspeakers + Lepai Amp 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiracubed View Post

I saw on some Linus You Tube overviews of some cases, that they came with each one of two things you can do: Mount SSDs directly to the case just below the motherboard cutout, and there was one that had a fan hub; that is to say a connector that you can plug up to XXX amount of fans by routing cables directly to them to the back.

Are these case specific, or do they sell them separately?

For the SSD, is it safe to mount it with adhesive velcro on top of another HDD, or absolutely not? What about on top of a optical drive, since those might run cooler in comparison to a HDD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokies83 View Post

I mount all 5 of mine with Double sided tape.

VELCRO! OH YEA! tongue.gif




thumb.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Case Mods
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Builds & Case Mods › Case Mods › SSD back of motherboard mounting? Back of motherboard fan hub?