Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [POLYGON] Battlefield 4 Official Reveal At GDC March 26th.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[POLYGON] Battlefield 4 Official Reveal At GDC March 26th. - Page 18

post #171 of 198
Code:
Possible Battlefield 4 details leaked
Discussion in 'News & Updates' started by Pancake, Yesterday at 5:38 PM.
A very interesting read showed up on WCCFtech today, regarding many rumored details of DICE's upcoming Battlefield 4. The information was leaked on the Chiphell Forums, a Chinese technology site. According to the person who leaked this information these details would be scheduled to be revealed in the April issue of Edge magazine, while Battlefield 4 itself would be officially unveiled on the 26th/27th of March at the GDC 2013.

According to the leaker the Frostbite 2.5 engine would be a full improvement of its predecessor, the Frostbite 2 engine. Frostbite 2.5 is rumored to only feature compatibility for DirectX 11 on the PC, and that the PC is the lead platform. Frostbite 2.5 is said to crank up the visuals and will feature tessellation technology and a dynamic weather system with dynamic weather effects that range from rain and sandstorms to haze and fog, which all depend on different factors and flexibly adjust to the variable conditions. It is said that Battlefield 4 will utilize the new tessellation technology implemented in the engine which would affect all of the environment including the water, terrain, NPC's and characters in the game. The widely appreciated and upgraded Destruction 4.0 will make a re entrance to the Battlefield, which will enable destruction on the scale that we saw in Battlefield: Bad Company 2. The PC version of Battlefield 4 is expected to benefit more from their raw power and would offer the ability to render dynamic destruction effects much more realistically.

On the PS4 and the Xbox 720 the game is expected to run at a steady 60 FPS on a 720P resolution. This might come as a disappointment to some, since it was rumored before that it would support 60 FPS at a 1080p resolution on both next-gen consoles. Although both the next-gen consoles and the PC will support 64 players on a server whereas the consoles are still stuck at a 24 player count.

The game will be set around the year 2020 and will keep loyal to the modern day setting. This time China and the USA will be the main opposing forces, with the maps based in the continent of Asia. Battlefield 4 is expected to bring back Bad Company effects at the end of the maps. For example, there is a map based in Shanghai and near the end of the round the Oriental Pearl Tower will collapse, just as the radio tower does in Caspian Border at the end of a match. The single player experience will be roughly 5 to 6 hours long, and will feature two campaigns from the PLA perspective. There is not much more information about the singleplayer section of the game, but there are a lot of multiplayer details leaked. A few names of maps were dropped too, which are:

Tiananmen

Diaoyu Island

Shanghai Bund

Xizhimen 


These are only a few of the base maps that will be featured in Battlefield 4. Battlefield 4 will feature aircrafts such as the renowned Chinese Xian Y-20, the Chengdu J-20 and the Xianglong(UAV). Two of the supposedly confirmed MBT's include the Type 99 for the PLA and the M1A2 TUSK for the U.S. Forces, both having their own customization options. It is rumored that the Air Combat Zone is drastically increased, giving more space to dog fights and aerial chases. The skill system has also received an overhaul. The Commander position is rumored to return to the battlefield, with the abilities to provide fire, recharges and UAV detection to aid his team with. According to the leak micro-transactions are available for the game, but it is claimed that these micro-transactions will not disturb the balance of the game and are just optional. After a while the game will get a DLC with the following classic Battlefield 2 maps: Dalian Plant
Daqing Oilfields
Great Wall of China
Wake Island

Keep in mind that this information is from a leaked source and is yet to be confirmed.
post #172 of 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by un1b4ll View Post

If I spent as much time in real life firefights as I have in BF3, I would give exactly zero you know whats about bullets hitting near me. Mimic that realism please, Dice.

NOT SO. They're just as scary the 100th time.
Red Obsidian
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4770K Asus Maximus VI Extreme Galaxy GTX 680 2GB DDR5 Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 4x8 32GB DDR3 CMY3... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
OCZ Vertex 4 256GB SSD  Crucial RealSSD C300 64GB Koolance CPU-370 Koolance PMP-450 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Koolance HX-CU1320V 4x120 Copper Radiator Koolance HX-CU1020V 3x120 Copper Radiator Koolance HX-CU720V 2x120 Copper Radiator Koolance CTR-CD1224 12/24V Pump and Fan Controller 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Corsair AF120 High Performance Fans Windows 7 x64 Professional Dell S2409W Seasonic Platinum-1000  
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Corsair Obsidian 900D Logitech G700 Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD  Logitech Z5500 THX 5.1 Surround System 
  hide details  
Reply
Red Obsidian
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4770K Asus Maximus VI Extreme Galaxy GTX 680 2GB DDR5 Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 4x8 32GB DDR3 CMY3... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
OCZ Vertex 4 256GB SSD  Crucial RealSSD C300 64GB Koolance CPU-370 Koolance PMP-450 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Koolance HX-CU1320V 4x120 Copper Radiator Koolance HX-CU1020V 3x120 Copper Radiator Koolance HX-CU720V 2x120 Copper Radiator Koolance CTR-CD1224 12/24V Pump and Fan Controller 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Corsair AF120 High Performance Fans Windows 7 x64 Professional Dell S2409W Seasonic Platinum-1000  
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Corsair Obsidian 900D Logitech G700 Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD  Logitech Z5500 THX 5.1 Surround System 
  hide details  
Reply
post #173 of 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangur View Post

Code:
Possible Battlefield 4 details leaked
Discussion in 'News & Updates' started by Pancake, Yesterday at 5:38 PM.
A very interesting read showed up on WCCFtech today, regarding many rumored details of DICE's upcoming Battlefield 4. The information was leaked on the Chiphell Forums, a Chinese technology site. According to the person who leaked this information these details would be scheduled to be revealed in the April issue of Edge magazine, while Battlefield 4 itself would be officially unveiled on the 26th/27th of March at the GDC 2013.

According to the leaker the Frostbite 2.5 engine would be a full improvement of its predecessor, the Frostbite 2 engine. Frostbite 2.5 is rumored to only feature compatibility for DirectX 11 on the PC, and that the PC is the lead platform. Frostbite 2.5 is said to crank up the visuals and will feature tessellation technology and a dynamic weather system with dynamic weather effects that range from rain and sandstorms to haze and fog, which all depend on different factors and flexibly adjust to the variable conditions. It is said that Battlefield 4 will utilize the new tessellation technology implemented in the engine which would affect all of the environment including the water, terrain, NPC's and characters in the game. The widely appreciated and upgraded Destruction 4.0 will make a re entrance to the Battlefield, which will enable destruction on the scale that we saw in Battlefield: Bad Company 2. The PC version of Battlefield 4 is expected to benefit more from their raw power and would offer the ability to render dynamic destruction effects much more realistically.

On the PS4 and the Xbox 720 the game is expected to run at a steady 60 FPS on a 720P resolution. This might come as a disappointment to some, since it was rumored before that it would support 60 FPS at a 1080p resolution on both next-gen consoles. Although both the next-gen consoles and the PC will support 64 players on a server whereas the consoles are still stuck at a 24 player count.

The game will be set around the year 2020 and will keep loyal to the modern day setting. This time China and the USA will be the main opposing forces, with the maps based in the continent of Asia. Battlefield 4 is expected to bring back Bad Company effects at the end of the maps. For example, there is a map based in Shanghai and near the end of the round the Oriental Pearl Tower will collapse, just as the radio tower does in Caspian Border at the end of a match. The single player experience will be roughly 5 to 6 hours long, and will feature two campaigns from the PLA perspective. There is not much more information about the singleplayer section of the game, but there are a lot of multiplayer details leaked. A few names of maps were dropped too, which are:

Tiananmen

Diaoyu Island

Shanghai Bund

Xizhimen 


These are only a few of the base maps that will be featured in Battlefield 4. Battlefield 4 will feature aircrafts such as the renowned Chinese Xian Y-20, the Chengdu J-20 and the Xianglong(UAV). Two of the supposedly confirmed MBT's include the Type 99 for the PLA and the M1A2 TUSK for the U.S. Forces, both having their own customization options. It is rumored that the Air Combat Zone is drastically increased, giving more space to dog fights and aerial chases. The skill system has also received an overhaul. The Commander position is rumored to return to the battlefield, with the abilities to provide fire, recharges and UAV detection to aid his team with. According to the leak micro-transactions are available for the game, but it is claimed that these micro-transactions will not disturb the balance of the game and are just optional. After a while the game will get a DLC with the following classic Battlefield 2 maps: Dalian Plant
Daqing Oilfields
Great Wall of China
Wake Island

Keep in mind that this information is from a leaked source and is yet to be confirmed.

Sounds more like a wish list than a leak... Too good to be true. I'd love to be wrong though!
mitx
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570K 4.5ghz ASRock Z77E-ITX Sapphire R9 290x Tri-X 1200/1500 Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8 GB 8-8-8-24-1T 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Pro 256gb Western Digital Velociraptor Western Digital WD15EARX Western Digital WD15EADS 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Silverstone NT06-Pro Windows 10 x64 LG 29UM67 Logitech G710+ 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Silverstone SG08 600W PSU Silverstone SG08B Logitech G700 Pioneer SE-A1000 
  hide details  
Reply
mitx
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570K 4.5ghz ASRock Z77E-ITX Sapphire R9 290x Tri-X 1200/1500 Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8 GB 8-8-8-24-1T 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Pro 256gb Western Digital Velociraptor Western Digital WD15EARX Western Digital WD15EADS 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Silverstone NT06-Pro Windows 10 x64 LG 29UM67 Logitech G710+ 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Silverstone SG08 600W PSU Silverstone SG08B Logitech G700 Pioneer SE-A1000 
  hide details  
Reply
post #174 of 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryboto View Post

No, not really. Vietnam and 2142 were more offshoots of the current games at the times. Now we have a completely different series, the BC series which was, by your schedule, in between the standard BF releases.

Maybe it's because they continued to support BF2 even through other game releases that it felt like it had a longer run before the next release?

I'll agree Vietnam was more of an offshoot, but I feel 2142 was a full game. It was priced as if it was. xD

I'd say their venture into consoles is one reason why BF2 felt like it lasted so long. If a true successor had come sooner, support would have ended earlier. BF3 won't stop being supported once BF4 comes out, but probably won't be supported as long compared to BF2 since it will be a true successor.
post #175 of 198
I think DICE released BF3 as a beta for BF4 and to see if people like their style of modern warfare. I bet all the problems in BF3 will be fixed in BF4.
PC
(7 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K Asrock p67 extreme4 gen3 Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Corsair 8 GB  
Hard DriveCoolingCase
M4 128 GB 212+ evo  Corsair 600T SE 
  hide details  
Reply
PC
(7 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K Asrock p67 extreme4 gen3 Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Corsair 8 GB  
Hard DriveCoolingCase
M4 128 GB 212+ evo  Corsair 600T SE 
  hide details  
Reply
post #176 of 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain1337 View Post

I think DICE released BF3 as a beta for BF4 and to see if people like their style of modern warfare. I bet all the problems in BF3 will be fixed in BF4.

*fingers crossed*

No doubt this gen of consoles held BF3 back big time. I was looking for that you tube video phone interview yesterday where the DICE dev discussed all the problems they had (the reason they changed gears mid development) with consoles, where he explicitly says the consoles were unable to fully utilize all they had planned, and that's why player count could never go above 24--they tried it and it failed miserably.

Just look at how the destruction was lowered with each successive dlc: went from dropping rubble on people in Bazaar and Seine to putting holes in walls and burn marks on things after the vanilla maps...lame. Hopefully the next gens give DICE the ability to really ramp it up in BF4: rubble, holes in sheet metal walls--like the warehouses--where the metal is blown out and twisted, sheets of metal flying off and killing people, wheels flying off of exploding jeeps and rolling away bouncing and smoking...I'd love to see that level of detail in the game.
Edited by crashdummy35 - 3/23/13 at 6:38am
 
FPS Death Machine
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 @ 3.905 GHz Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R EVGA SuperClocked GTX 660 4GB Kingston Hyper X DDR 2 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Western Digital VelociRaptor Western Digital Caviar Black 1 Pioneer AIO Prolimatech Megahalems 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
7 Ultimate x64 ASUS VH232H Microsoft Rosewill CAPSTONE-650  
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec 300 [MOD IN PROGRESS] CM Xornet Elvis 
  hide details  
Reply
 
FPS Death Machine
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 @ 3.905 GHz Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R EVGA SuperClocked GTX 660 4GB Kingston Hyper X DDR 2 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Western Digital VelociRaptor Western Digital Caviar Black 1 Pioneer AIO Prolimatech Megahalems 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
7 Ultimate x64 ASUS VH232H Microsoft Rosewill CAPSTONE-650  
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec 300 [MOD IN PROGRESS] CM Xornet Elvis 
  hide details  
Reply
post #177 of 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain1337 View Post

I think DICE released BF3 as a beta for BF4 and to see if people like their style of modern warfare. I bet all the problems in BF3 will be fixed in BF4.

Agreed! There will probably be a huge amount of graphical issues like when players jump over things, they're not really there where you think they are, slow graphics of reload, so everyone was thinking you're shooting when reloading. Crap like that. I also think with BF3 Dice and EA realized the potential of DLC's with everyone getting hooked and buying them up like cupcakes. The realized they could make a game platform and continually add to it, as long as people had 60GB for a single game..lol

For me, I feel BF4 will be somewhat of a continuing game to keep players hooked. Since EA/Dice realized they can constantly add DLC's without breaking the game, they'll continually add weapons/maps/vehicles to the game as it progresses in age to keep people hooked on it. Yea after awhile BF3 got boring because it was the same old maps and weapons that were all balanced, then they released something a tad different with weapons and new maps, got players hooked again for awhile, then they left, then they released a DLC, and the cycle repeated. I expect BF4 to have like 20+ maps not all released at once but since they know how to do this, you'll continue to just keep adding and adding...for $$$ of course...

That's my conspiracy theory....lol
post #178 of 198
If they included VOIP, I still wouldn't use it. Just saying.
Not interested in little generals ruining my gaming experience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain1337 View Post

I think DICE released BF3 as a beta for BF4 and to see if people like their style of modern warfare. I bet all the problems in BF3 will be fixed in BF4.

Console Beta to be more specific. Crysis 2 was a console Beta also.
Crysis 3 improved and felt like the real successor to the original Crysis.

BF4 on next gen hardware should be a lot better.
Edited by WorldExclusive - 3/23/13 at 6:34am
Render Bender
(10 items)
 
On The Move
(11 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel X5690 Xeon (12 Cores @ 3.46) Nvidia GTX 1070 64GB 1333MHz ECC DDR3 Samsung 850 EVO 1TB x2 - RAID 0 
MonitorCaseAudio
Samsung UN40JU6700 40" 4K Curved Apple Mac Pro 2010 Klipsch 2.1 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core 2 Duo Nvidia GeForce 9400M 8GB 1067 MHz DDR3 Toshiba 500GB 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Mavericks 10.9 Dell U3011 Rosewill Mech Reds 2010 Unibody 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G700 Multi-Touch Kilpsch 2.1 
  hide details  
Reply
Render Bender
(10 items)
 
On The Move
(11 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel X5690 Xeon (12 Cores @ 3.46) Nvidia GTX 1070 64GB 1333MHz ECC DDR3 Samsung 850 EVO 1TB x2 - RAID 0 
MonitorCaseAudio
Samsung UN40JU6700 40" 4K Curved Apple Mac Pro 2010 Klipsch 2.1 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core 2 Duo Nvidia GeForce 9400M 8GB 1067 MHz DDR3 Toshiba 500GB 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Mavericks 10.9 Dell U3011 Rosewill Mech Reds 2010 Unibody 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G700 Multi-Touch Kilpsch 2.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #179 of 198
I will be getting this as soon as it comes out. Does anyone know if we will have to use Origin again?
post #180 of 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandex View Post

I will be getting this as soon as it comes out. Does anyone know if we will have to use Origin again?

Yes, you will have to use Origin and Battlelog again.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [POLYGON] Battlefield 4 Official Reveal At GDC March 26th.