Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › A new gaming mouse and mousepad
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

A new gaming mouse and mousepad

post #1 of 21
Thread Starter 
If possible I Would love to get a recommendation from you.
I haven't a budget, I would be satisfied.

I'm an highsenser and i prefer a fingertip/claw grip. I play mainly RTS games (Dota, LoL,Sc2).
The shape....I prefer ambidextrous, because many ergonomic mice are palm grip.
mhm... i don't need many buttons.
The first big problem is in the sensor, I'm undecided whether to buy a laser mouse or an optical...this is the main problem.
Now my choices are between the Steelseries sensei MLG or an optical Zowie mouse (probably the new FK), but maybe you can raccomend me others.
I haven't considered mice as the Deathadder or the mionix NAOS 8200 because are plamgrip and ergonomic...I will take them into consideration if you tell me which are much better than the other two.

About the mousepad...I like large (I have an old ss qck).
My primary choices are between the QPAD HeatoN XL or the Steelseries 9HD.
Edited by YaLu - 3/17/13 at 6:56am
post #2 of 21
Thread Starter 
more than 40 views and 0 replies? ...
post #3 of 21
Just opt for the Sensei as you use high sensitivity and therefore will likely not run into any acceleration problems (unless high sens. Is using your mouse at speeds above 30 IPS). Cursor quality is very good on both cloth and hard pads for laser sensors. I would rather opt for the Vanilla Sensei if you like gloss and could make use with the extra features or the Sensei RAW series if you don't need the extra customization. The MLG uses a different laser sensor (ADNS 9800 in the MLGcompared to the 9500 in the other Sensei versions) and I'm not quite sure if Steelseries has fixed the 9800 cursor smoothing issue (plagued many 9800 mice like the Taipan before FW update) with a firmware update. I personally dislike Zowie because of price. You get much better hardware for the price with the RAW for your specific playstyle. I advise trying the shape of the Sensei as for smaller hands it may be a bit large. Also Zowie mice don't have Omrons, they have Huano which are not as good for the APM you'll need for RTS games.
post #4 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezisatnaF View Post

Just opt for the Sensei as you use high sensitivity and therefore will likely not run into any acceleration problems (unless high sens. Is using your mouse at speeds above 30 IPS). Cursor quality is very good on both cloth and hard pads for laser sensors. I would rather opt for the Vanilla Sensei if you like gloss and could make use with the extra features or the Sensei RAW series if you don't need the extra customization. The MLG uses a different laser sensor (ADNS 9800 in the MLGcompared to the 9500 in the other Sensei versions) and I'm not quite sure if Steelseries has fixed the 9800 cursor smoothing issue (plagued many 9800 mice like the Taipan before FW update) with a firmware update. I personally dislike Zowie because of price. You get much better hardware for the price with the RAW for your specific playstyle. I advise trying the shape of the Sensei as for smaller hands it may be a bit large. Also Zowie mice don't have Omrons, they have Huano which are not as good for the APM you'll need for RTS games.

Mhm... What really is the difference between the Avago 9500 and the 9800?
post #5 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by YaLu View Post

Mhm... What really is the difference between the Avago 9500 and the 9800?

It is somewhat dependent on firmware. A9500 maxes out at 5670 DPI (often referred to as 5700) without interpolation and the 9800 at 8200 DPI. That is irrelevant unless you actually use those numbers (people who do imo are crazy). There are some FPS differences in the sensor and as I outlined before the biggest downfall is the cursor smoothing used to achieve higher DPI without jitter. I know the Roccat and Razer devices have had their firmware updated to one that significantly decreases this smoothing agent to something that is useable but I'm not quite sure about the Sensei MLG.

All in all, the 9800 is a 9500 with higher DPI, which initially resulted in cursor smoothing, and a slightly better frame rate that won't make a difference to game play.

If the Sensei MLG does not have smoothing then you could get it though I don't see a point in spending that much $.
post #6 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezisatnaF View Post

Just opt for the Sensei as you use high sensitivity and therefore will likely not run into any acceleration problems (unless high sens. Is using your mouse at speeds above 30 IPS). Cursor quality is very good on both cloth and hard pads for laser sensors. I would rather opt for the Vanilla Sensei if you like gloss and could make use with the extra features or the Sensei RAW series if you don't need the extra customization. The MLG uses a different laser sensor (ADNS 9800 in the MLGcompared to the 9500 in the other Sensei versions) and I'm not quite sure if Steelseries has fixed the 9800 cursor smoothing issue (plagued many 9800 mice like the Taipan before FW update) with a firmware update. I personally dislike Zowie because of price. You get much better hardware for the price with the RAW for your specific playstyle. I advise trying the shape of the Sensei as for smaller hands it may be a bit large. Also Zowie mice don't have Omrons, they have Huano which are not as good for the APM you'll need for RTS games.

The question would be how "highsens" the OP is... i.e. the actual DPI being used.
post #7 of 21
My personal recommendations will be as follows:

Razer abyssus
Razer krait 2013
Logitech g9x without shell (has acceleration issues, but is ok for RTS imo)

I'd not suggest any of the steelseries mice at the moment, nor any zowie mouse. Some like the mico, but I found it to be just too poor sensor quality. 1.5m/s tracking speed is like a ball mouse almost.
post #8 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by viowastaken View Post

My personal recommendations will be as follows:

Razer abyssus
Razer krait 2013
Logitech g9x without shell (has acceleration issues, but is ok for RTS imo)

I'd not suggest any of the steelseries mice at the moment, nor any zowie mouse. Some like the mico, but I found it to be just too poor sensor quality. 1.5m/s tracking speed is like a ball mouse almost.

so you advise me to keep off all laser mice?
Because all laser has accelleration issues...
for many lasers mice the sensor is the same.
I don't need 8200/5700 dpi but the on board memory is a good feature...
post #9 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by viowastaken View Post

My personal recommendations will be as follows:

Razer abyssus
Razer krait 2013
Logitech g9x without shell (has acceleration issues, but is ok for RTS imo)

I'd not suggest any of the steelseries mice at the moment, nor any zowie mouse. Some like the mico, but I found it to be just too poor sensor quality. 1.5m/s tracking speed is like a ball mouse almost.

so you advise me to keep off all laser mice?
Because all laser has accelleration issues...
for many lasers mice the sensor is the same.
I don't need 8200/5700 dpi but the on board memory is a good feature...

(double post sorry)
post #10 of 21
The Sensei is a GREAT mouse and I highly recommend it. For a mouse pad the WoW!Pad rocks...

http://www.amazon.com/WOW-PAD-LFR48-Graphite-Format/dp/B000F3IS8I/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1363631890&sr=8-2&keywords=WoW%21Pad

My current WoW!Pad is almost 6 years old and still perfect.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › A new gaming mouse and mousepad