Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Air Cooling › Help me pick my Heat Sink - D14, Havik, HE01, etc.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Help me pick my Heat Sink - D14, Havik, HE01, etc. - Page 3

post #21 of 31
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by universal34 View Post

I agree with you,I have read and also one of my friends had a noise issue with corsair water coolers ,tho some said that the noise stopped after a while ,peraonallyI would not take my chances with their coolings if you are a silent freak ,noctua coolers are one of the best producers of air cooling

Yeah, I don't really want to have to go through replacing my fans. And, from reviews/tests I've read up on it seems like the Noctua D14 at least matches the Corsair H100. Also, the H100 is more expensive, and having to purchase my own fans would increase that cost yet again. Additionally, I don't think a H100 would fit in my case with a push-pull configuration, so I would have to go with the H80 (which is practically the same price but does not provide cooling as well as the H100).

Because of that, I think I'm should probably just stop considering the water cooling systems, because even if I do get one it will not be a significant difference over a Noctua, if any. In that case, which Noctua cooler should I get? I've seen many with the NH-D14 (would this fit in my 400r?) but jihawn seemed to have reccomended the NH-C12P SE14. Which would be best?
post #22 of 31
NH D14,NH C14, Thermalright True Spirit 140, Silverstone Heligon HE01
Wanted: [WTB] GPU upgrade
$210 (USD) or best offer
  
Reply
Wanted: [WTB] GPU upgrade
$210 (USD) or best offer
  
Reply
post #23 of 31
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiacGTX View Post

NH D14,NH C14, Thermalright True Spirit 140, Silverstone Heligon HE01

Thanks for the suggestionss. I'm probably going to go with Noctua simply because of the amount of rave reviews there are on it (the D14, to be specific). If you think the C14 could rival or would be the better choice, though, I'd love to know why.
post #24 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew A View Post

Thanks for the suggestionss. I'm probably going to go with Noctua simply because of the amount of rave reviews there are on it (the D14, to be specific). If you think the C14 could rival or would be the better choice, though, I'd love to know why.

less weight, u can use high ram, cheaper,

but I prefer HE01 oe NH D14



edit: also there is a close heatsink to nh d14 with less size

NZXT Havik 140


Edited by PontiacGTX - 3/17/13 at 4:32pm
Wanted: [WTB] GPU upgrade
$210 (USD) or best offer
  
Reply
Wanted: [WTB] GPU upgrade
$210 (USD) or best offer
  
Reply
post #25 of 31
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiacGTX View Post

less weight, u can use high ram, cheaper,

but I prefer HE01 oe NH D14



edit: also there is a close heatsink to nh d14 with less size

NZXT Havik 140


I was considering the Havik earlier. It does seem comparable to the D14, but from some reviews of the two it appears that the D14 edges it out performance-wise. Think it would be worth sacrificing a little performance to get the Havik which would better fit in my case (as well as not look as ugly as Noctua)?
post #26 of 31
Thread Starter 
I put some updates in my opening post. Some input on that would be great. Thanks.
post #27 of 31
Google "H80i problems" and see how many hits you get.
Google "NH-D14" and see if you get any hits.

Corsair Hydro have a long history of problems and H80i H100i are worse then earlier models. I personally know two people who have RMA'ed their H80i's 3 times.
post #28 of 31
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyll View Post

Google "H80i problems" and see how many hits you get.
Google "NH-D14" and see if you get any hits.

Corsair Hydro have a long history of problems and H80i H100i are worse then earlier models. I personally know two people who have RMA'ed their H80i's 3 times.

Thanks for the info. I've decided to go for the D14, regardless of how big and ugly it is. I know it will get the job done extremely well.
post #29 of 31
NH-D14 is almost 3.5 years old now but is till one of the top coolers made.
post #30 of 31
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyll View Post

NH-D14 is almost 3.5 years old now but is till one of the top coolers made.

Yeah. The others I've been looking at mainly are now the Macho and Havik. Still not 100% sure which to get.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Air Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Air Cooling › Help me pick my Heat Sink - D14, Havik, HE01, etc.