Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Keyboards › New gaming keyboard
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New gaming keyboard

post #1 of 7
Thread Starter 
To complete my set, I'm looking for a new gaming keyboard.
In the past i have always used membrane keyboards... and now I want to switch to a mechanical.
I play mainly RTS games, like league of legends and Dota.
I haven't a budget because I would be satisfied.
The keyboard should have the following features:
LED Backlighting (any color it's the same for me);
Full Nkey roll over via PS2/USB;
It must be full size;
no need to say... gold plated connectors and braided cable, (USB/Audio ports if possible).
KEY SWITCH... mhm I prefer red switches, I think they are the best for frenetic games (biggrin.gif) like the RTS, but you can raccomend me others...
Last but not least, It must be programmable (keys,macros and profiles).
(media keys ... why not biggrin.gif but really i don't care a lot).

I think the QPAD MK-85 will be right for me, but soon will be released other 2 interesting keyboards: the Corsair Vegeance k95 and the Roccat Ryos MK Pro.
What recommend me to do?
post #2 of 7
The K90/95 sounds like the best fit for what you are wanting.
post #3 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar63 View Post

The K90/95 sounds like the best fit for what you are wanting.

I did not really want to wait, but also aesthetically k95 is better than the mk-85.
post #4 of 7
Thread Starter 
up
post #5 of 7
this logitech G710 would work for your needs. (comes with brown switches)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823126299

or the 2013 razer black widow (comes in blue/brown switches)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823114026


honestly i'm not sure why you want a full size macro programmable keyboard when you mainly play mobas/rts. which require the least amount of any key functions, if you played mmos or something id be more inclined to see why u want a fullsize board with programmable macro keys but hey, its your $$.


also the brown switches are a good first time switch for a new mech keyboard owner like yourself (imo). if you have already tried the reds somewhere and you are dead set on them then the keyboards i linked above arent for you but i found the browns for my first switches to be really really satisfying to type and game with.

also for an RTS/MOBA player I would recommend black cherry mx switches above all others. mainly because they are stiffer which means there will be less chance of a misclick occurring which could end up causing you the match/game (in a lot of situations this happened to me with my mx brown switches). which is why i switch to blacks for gaming (at least for MOBA/RTS games). i did start off with browns though and still love to use that switch very much.

good luck.
Edited by discoprince - 3/21/13 at 12:32pm
post #6 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by discoprince View Post

this logitech G710 would work for your needs. (comes with brown switches)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823126299

or the 2013 razer black widow (comes in blue/brown switches)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823114026


honestly i'm not sure why you want a full size macro programmable keyboard when you mainly play mobas/rts. which require the least amount of any key functions, if you played mmos or something id be more inclined to see why u want a fullsize board with programmable macro keys but hey, its your $$.


also the brown switches are a good first time switch for a new mech keyboard owner like yourself (imo). if you have already tried the reds somewhere and you are dead set on them then the keyboards i linked above arent for you but i found the browns for my first switches to be really really satisfying to type and game with.

also for an RTS/MOBA player I would recommend black cherry mx switches above all others. mainly because they are stiffer which means there will be less chance of a misclick occurring which could end up causing you the match/game (in a lot of situations this happened to me with my mx brown switches). which is why i switch to blacks for gaming (at least for MOBA/RTS games). i did start off with browns though and still love to use that switch very much.

good luck.

I've never used a mechanical keyboard, but i read something about the cherry mx switches, in facts I don't know what are the best switches for RTS and MOBA games.
Mhm, I hate the razer's software and i prefer a keyboard with a wrist rest smile.gif I take into consideration the g710+.
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by YaLu View Post

I've never used a mechanical keyboard, but i read something about the cherry mx switches, in facts I don't know what are the best switches for RTS and MOBA games.
Mhm, I hate the razer's software and i prefer a keyboard with a wrist rest smile.gif I take into consideration the g710+.

there isnt really a "best" switch for anything. there are switches that are "recommended" for certain activities like typing and gaming but its really all about feeling them out and seeing what you're most comfortable with. sometimes your tastes change and you want to switch to something new, thats fine too.

good luck with your decision
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Keyboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Keyboards › New gaming keyboard