Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [CB] SimCity Offline Mode Now Available.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[CB] SimCity Offline Mode Now Available. - Page 13

post #121 of 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzleBoy View Post

Okay?

Yes, Grizzle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010rig View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpi2007 View Post

Crying ? Your use of hyperbole knows no bounds does it ? Clearly the way to argument when you have no argument is to turn sentimental, is it ?

We're done here. Even Riccitiello is able to acknowledge some things:

Most of us who don't want to see meaningless posts use the block feature. hint, hint. wink.gif

If only the blocked feature worked when others quote his posts, that would be AMAZING. biggrin.gif


I know, but I only block people who are outright offensive. Grizzle just has very biased arguments.

Somebody with a neutral stance would have said "Great, a fix is coming, this IS my biggest pet peeve with the game." He, on the other hand, claims that, even though the problem is still there as of now, it's no longer a pet peeve. As if the prospect of being solved actually solves the problem right away. As if the prospect of elections to chose a new mayor, etc, removes the problems a person has with the current one - and not discounting the fact that the current one may be re-elected, just as a patch may actually not fix what it is supposed to fix.

Lots of people put a positive spin to things they like, but Grizzle goes the extra mile and sometimes it just backfires. EA and/or Maxis working to fix the game is a good thing, we can all agree with that. And that is all that any neutral person would say. Let's wait for the patch, evaluate it, and then say whether the problem is solved or not.
 
Metro 2033 review
Metro 2033
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7-3820 Asus Sabertooth X79 MSI GTX 750 Ti TF Gaming 16 GB Corsair DDR3 1866 Mhz Dominator 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SSD 830 128GB + WD Caviar Black 1TB Sony Optiarc DVD-RW Corsair A70 + Noiseblocker M12-P Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ RL2455HM Cooler Master Octane Corsair AX750 Professional Modular 80 Plus Gold Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus 
Mouse
Cooler Master Octane 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Metro 2033 review
Metro 2033
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7-3820 Asus Sabertooth X79 MSI GTX 750 Ti TF Gaming 16 GB Corsair DDR3 1866 Mhz Dominator 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SSD 830 128GB + WD Caviar Black 1TB Sony Optiarc DVD-RW Corsair A70 + Noiseblocker M12-P Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ RL2455HM Cooler Master Octane Corsair AX750 Professional Modular 80 Plus Gold Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus 
Mouse
Cooler Master Octane 
  hide details  
Reply
post #122 of 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpi2007 View Post

Yes, Grizzle.
I know, but I only block people who are outright offensive. Grizzle just has very biased arguments.

Somebody with a neutral stance would have said "Great, a fix is coming, this IS my biggest pet peeve with the game." He, on the other hand, claims that, even though the problem is still there as of now, it's no longer a pet peeve. As if the prospect of being solved actually solves the problem right away. As if the prospect of elections to chose a new mayor, etc, removes the problems a person has with the current one - and not discounting the fact that the current one may be re-elected, just as a patch may actually not fix what it is supposed to fix.

Lots of people put a positive spin to things they like, but Grizzle goes the extra mile and sometimes it just backfires. EA and/or Maxis working to fix the game is a good thing, we can all agree with that. And that is all that any neutral person would say. Let's wait for the patch, evaluate it, and then say whether the problem is solved or not.

As you know, he's not neutral, and that's very obvious. Especially when it comes to EA or Windows 8. wink.gif

Having a debate with him is pretty pointless as well, no matter what you say, he'll twist things as you have experienced in your last couple posts.

You stated one thing, then he said you were crying.

We brought up facts that EA lied, then he called us liars. Maybe you have a higher tolerance than me before people get added onto your block list, I'd rather not see his comments, and or reply to them, because I know a debate with him won't get anywhere.

It's hard to have a debate with someone, when they constantly argue semantics, while they blatantly ignore the issues at hand. He seems to take their PR posts at face value to argue a point, while most of us are capable of reading between the lines.

Take this for example:
Quote:
As a token of our appreciation for all the support we’ve received from SimCity fans over the past week EA is offering a free EA PC digital download game to anyone who purchases and authenticates SimCity by March 25, 2013 at 11:59pm PDT.

Does EA admit, or acknowledge the frustrations their "fans" have gone through?

If you knew NOTHING about the issues, and just read that, it could be interpreted as: "By sending my support to EA, they are offering me a FREE PC game? WOW, EA Rocks!"

Most of us aware with the issue know they only did this for damage control, and put a positive spin on the situation. PR at its finest.
Edited by 2010rig - 3/18/13 at 6:04pm
2010rig
(14 items)
 
Galaxy S3
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
X5660 @ 4.5  ASUS P6X58D-E 980TI? 12GB OCZ Platinum - 7-7-7-21 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1 80GB SSD x25m - 3TB F3 + F4 NH-D14 Windows 7 Ultimate LG 47LH55 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Natural Wireless Keyboard Corsair 750HX CM 690 II Advanced MX 518 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Snapdragon S4 Dual core 1500mhz Adreno 225 Samsung 2GB 16GB Onboard Flash 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Android 4.4.2 - CM11 4.8" AMOLED 1280x720 2100 mAh battery Otterbox Defender 
  hide details  
Reply
2010rig
(14 items)
 
Galaxy S3
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
X5660 @ 4.5  ASUS P6X58D-E 980TI? 12GB OCZ Platinum - 7-7-7-21 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1 80GB SSD x25m - 3TB F3 + F4 NH-D14 Windows 7 Ultimate LG 47LH55 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Natural Wireless Keyboard Corsair 750HX CM 690 II Advanced MX 518 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Snapdragon S4 Dual core 1500mhz Adreno 225 Samsung 2GB 16GB Onboard Flash 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Android 4.4.2 - CM11 4.8" AMOLED 1280x720 2100 mAh battery Otterbox Defender 
  hide details  
Reply
post #123 of 140
All hail Grizzle.
Winner of the 2013 OCN Comedy award smile.gif Congrats bro.
Seriously though, His posts are pretty amusing.

On topic:
EA has seriously F'ed up this time, and they know it. The CEO resigning is because of this, I bet Grizzles life on it.
Soon, They will have no choice but to give us a true single player, either that or a smart modder will do it for them.
He will then have a price put upon his head by EA. sniper.gif
Big Black Guy
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-4100 ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z Sapphire Raedon HD 6670 G.Skil Ripjaws-X 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
WD Black WD Blue  Seagate 7200RPM Kingston HyperX 3k 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG Noctua NH-D14 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Dell 2408WFP 24" 
MonitorPowerCase
Soniq 32" Antec TruePower 550W NZXT Switch 810 
  hide details  
Reply
Big Black Guy
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-4100 ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z Sapphire Raedon HD 6670 G.Skil Ripjaws-X 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
WD Black WD Blue  Seagate 7200RPM Kingston HyperX 3k 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG Noctua NH-D14 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Dell 2408WFP 24" 
MonitorPowerCase
Soniq 32" Antec TruePower 550W NZXT Switch 810 
  hide details  
Reply
post #124 of 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010rig View Post

As you know, he's not neutral, and that's very obvious. Especially when it comes to EA or Windows 8. wink.gif

Having a debate with him is pretty pointless as well, no matter what you say, he'll twist things as you have experienced in your last couple posts.

You stated one thing, then he said you were crying.

We brought up facts that EA lied, then he called us liars. Maybe you have a higher tolerance than me before people get added onto your block list, I'd rather not see his comments, and or reply to them, because I know a debate with him won't get anywhere.

Oh Internet!
The Riginator
(20 items)
 
 
Wife's Rig
(5 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Qualcomm Snapdragon S600 Adreno 330 2GB LPDDR3 NAND Storage 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 32GB MicroSD Android 4.4.2 KitKat 5 inch (441ppi) 1080x1920 Super AMOLED SwiftKey 
Power
2600mAh Battery 
  hide details  
Reply
The Riginator
(20 items)
 
 
Wife's Rig
(5 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Qualcomm Snapdragon S600 Adreno 330 2GB LPDDR3 NAND Storage 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 32GB MicroSD Android 4.4.2 KitKat 5 inch (441ppi) 1080x1920 Super AMOLED SwiftKey 
Power
2600mAh Battery 
  hide details  
Reply
post #125 of 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010rig View Post

As you know, he's not neutral, and that's very obvious. Especially when it comes to EA or Windows 8. wink.gif

Having a debate with him is pretty pointless as well, no matter what you say, he'll twist things as you have experienced in your last couple posts.

You stated one thing, then he said you were crying.

We brought up facts that EA lied, then he called us liars. Maybe you have a higher tolerance than me before people get added onto your block list, I'd rather not see his comments, and or reply to them, because I know a debate with him won't get anywhere.

It's hard to have a debate with someone, when they constantly argue semantics, while they blatantly ignore the issues at hand. He seems to take their PR posts at face value to argue a point, while most of us are capable of reading between the lines.

Take this for example:
Does EA admit, or acknowledge the frustrations their "fans" have gone through?

If you knew NOTHING about the issues, and just read that, it could be interpreted as: "By sending my support to EA, they are offering me a FREE PC game? WOW, EA Rocks!"

Most of us aware with the issue know they only did this for damage control, and put a positive spin on the situation. PR at its finest.

What is with you? You say you ignore him yet he's your favorite topic to discuss. It's getting stupid watching these threads turn into Grizzle bash-fests. Seriously, grow up.

There's a topic here.. Discuss that.
post #126 of 140
Some want to Blame EA for all the BS, but Maxis hasn't played a straight game in years.

Maxis is much to blame as EA, build a great game, it sells. A lost concept these days........
post #127 of 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightsilver View Post

Some want to Blame EA for all the BS, but Maxis hasn't played a straight game in years.

Maxis is much to blame as EA, build a great game, it sells. A lost concept these days........

Maxis=EA


quote from article: ' Maxis, the game’s developer and a division of E.A'. Source: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/19/technology/electronic-arts-chief-resigns-sending-stock-up.html?_r=0
post #128 of 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by keikei View Post

Maxis=EA
So would you then argue Bioware = Maxis or Sams Club = Walmart? Just because EA owns Maxis does not make Maxis EA. The divisions of EA have their own management and are autonomous from each other for the most part. Finance and Marketing are really the only things that are shared. Just like if you make a decision it wasn't your boss that made the decision.
The Obelisk
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 2600k Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z (Z68) Asus GTX 570 DirectCU II  EVGA 9800GT ECO 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz  WD Black 1TB OCZ Vertex 2 90GB OCZ Agility 4 128GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMonitor
Samsung 840 128GB Windows 7 Professional 64-bit ViewSonic VX2250 Asus VE248 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 Corsair AX850 Corsair 800D Logitech G600 
Mouse PadAudio
C4 NGen Logitech G930 Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
The Obelisk
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 2600k Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z (Z68) Asus GTX 570 DirectCU II  EVGA 9800GT ECO 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz  WD Black 1TB OCZ Vertex 2 90GB OCZ Agility 4 128GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMonitor
Samsung 840 128GB Windows 7 Professional 64-bit ViewSonic VX2250 Asus VE248 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 Corsair AX850 Corsair 800D Logitech G600 
Mouse PadAudio
C4 NGen Logitech G930 Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
post #129 of 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Apocalypse- View Post

So would you then argue Bioware = Maxis or Sams Club = Walmart? Just because EA owns Maxis does not make Maxis EA. The divisions of EA have their own management and are autonomous from each other for the most part. Finance and Marketing are really the only things that are shared. Just like if you make a decision it wasn't your boss that made the decision.

Yes, my decisions arent my boss's , but if crap hits the fan, then my boss is liable/responsible because he/she is responsible for me. I'm not privy to EA/Maxis corporate structure, but if a policy like DRM is mandated, then i would not think it came from a general mgr (LUCY BRADSHAW). You're looking at director/exe level decision minimum IMO.
post #130 of 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by keikei View Post

Yes, my decisions arent my boss's , but if crap hits the fan, then my boss is liable/responsible because he/she is responsible for me. I'm not privy to EA/Maxis corporate structure, but if a policy like DRM is mandated, then i would not think it came from a general mgr (LUCY BRADSHAW). You're looking at director/exe level decision minimum IMO.
And who said it was mandated?
The Obelisk
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 2600k Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z (Z68) Asus GTX 570 DirectCU II  EVGA 9800GT ECO 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz  WD Black 1TB OCZ Vertex 2 90GB OCZ Agility 4 128GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMonitor
Samsung 840 128GB Windows 7 Professional 64-bit ViewSonic VX2250 Asus VE248 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 Corsair AX850 Corsair 800D Logitech G600 
Mouse PadAudio
C4 NGen Logitech G930 Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
The Obelisk
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 2600k Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z (Z68) Asus GTX 570 DirectCU II  EVGA 9800GT ECO 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz  WD Black 1TB OCZ Vertex 2 90GB OCZ Agility 4 128GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMonitor
Samsung 840 128GB Windows 7 Professional 64-bit ViewSonic VX2250 Asus VE248 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 Corsair AX850 Corsair 800D Logitech G600 
Mouse PadAudio
C4 NGen Logitech G930 Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [CB] SimCity Offline Mode Now Available.